Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd (3095 Views)

Man United Vs Man City / Chelsea's Open Letter To Arsenal FC After Arsenal Vs Man City Game. / Enyimba Vs Man Utd - Live In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by Jackal(m): 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2006
If you were asked to pick a starting 11 out of the top four Premiership clubs (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Manchester United), what would your team look like?
This is a task asking Nairaland members to choose WITH REASONS a mega-squad mash up of 11 outstanding players out of top 4 Premiership clubs - Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Manchester United.

MY OWN VIEW:

Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson (Manchester United)

Facts can be twisted to suit almost any line of thought. Wenger is a better manager than Fergie because he used less money/funds and had immediate success. Fergie is better than Wenger because he had nothing to build upon, and because he forged his career on making lesser players come together and form a team that just could not be beaten and refused to give up.
Fergie has recorded a victory over all the top 4 Premiership managers and Wenger hasn't and so on and forth.

The real debate for me was Mourinho vs Ferguson, because we’re not talking transfer policies and long-term development, we talking about immediate impact and making disparate elements play together like a great team.
Logically it’s a tie, although if I bias it then Ferguson comes out on top because of his experience and because he has mounted more comebacks than Mourinho…I wonder what the Special One would do if Chelsea were 10 points behind United in February? Would he be able to help his team win the Premiership? I wouldn’t bet on anyone else apart from Ferguson managing such a feat.

Goalkeeper: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United)

Van der Sar over Lehmann and Reina for his command of the box, superior positioning and aerial ability. Cech over Lehmann and Reina for the same.
Cech has faster reflexes, but Van der Sar is more experienced. Who do you pick? I really don’t know, so I’ll succumb to bias and plump for Van der Sar. One of the hardest decisions to make, as nothing separates the two.

Cech has been called upon several times to defend his growing status as a top goalie and he has answered critics with equal measures of brilliance and agility. One of the top goalies in the world without a doubt but i am a bit worried about his experience.
Some people have argued if Cech would be the same without Chelsea's excellent defensive cover.
Czech Republic's 2006 world cup run is a living example.

Rightback: Paulo Ferriera(Chelsea)

I’m cheating again by naming this Portugese lad at right-back, but leaving him out of the team is folly and his defending instincts make him a strong, marauding full-back.
Gary Neville is good going forward than actually defending and also lacks the pace, Eboue is not as defensively solid as Paulo while Finnan and Lauren are not as proven (or as good) as him in all departments (although Eboue is peerless in attacking while Lauren’s positioning is excellent).
Boulharouz is also a monster in this position but its too early to judge him.
It might sound somehow but i always go for the primary objectives of any player before looking at the secondary objective.
Ferriera defends very well and that is what he is paid to do. He is the most under-rated defender in the Premiership and i like his no-nonsense attitude and the fact that he is never afraid to get booked as long as the oppostion does not score.

Centrehalf #1: John Terry (Chelsea)

Makes the grade because of his willingness to hunt the ball down and take the game to the opposition. His critics say that he gets away with murder but that’s only a small part of the story. He’s not the best defender of the lot, but he gives 200% where everyone else is giving 110%, and that gives him the edge.
Neumanja Vidic? He still needs some more time to mould into John Terry.
Jamie Carragher is not consistent and Sammy Hyppia is an old-fashioned kind of defender.
John Terry edges it by a mile.

Centrehalf #2: Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

A close call between Rio and Toure. Rio’s reputation of lacking concentration is annoyingly justified, but when riled up the defender is unarguably the best the Premiership has seen in a long while. Rio needs to be paired with a solid defender to really perform well (see his performances with Vidic for Manchester United) and he is good captain material as well.
Its sad Rio only performs when stung by critics but the best of Rio Ferdinand is better than any Premiership defender.
He gave 300% performance against Portugal at the world cup but he could also be an absolute nightmare when he loses concentration.
Rio is a genius and rarely breaks a sweat in the defence because the art of defending comes too natural for him.

Leftback:Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Gabriel Heinze vs Ashley Cole - who would you pick? Cole edges it out going forward, sheer pace and quality crossing, but Heinze is probably more aggressive. Not a fun decision to make on this one.
William Gallas? Almost a tie but Heinze gives 1000% as Williams is not a happy player in this position.
Heinze links the attack pretty well and has dead-ball qualities especially free-kicks.
John Arne Riise, Patrice Evra, Wayne Bridge? They need to put more gritty tackles and the no-nonsense attitude in their game play.

Right wing: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)

Pennant? Rosicky? Hleb? SWP? You’re joking, right?
Cristiano Ronaldo is the king of the wings in England.
His quality is the abiltity to use both feet efficiently and reliably.
A pain in any defender's neck on his day.

Holding midfielder: Michael Essien (Chelsea)

Michael Essien is classy. His work-rate his awesome and should be subjected to a dope test soon.
Timely interceptions, energetic, pace and a dynamic team player.
He is the only player that INSTANTLY justified his astronomical price-tag @ Chelsea.
Essien is better defensively than Alonso, Fabregas and Gilberto Silva, and he gives his team a little extra impetus going forward - something that Makelele and Sissoko seriously lack.
Michael Carrick and John O'Shea? They look like muppets/wimps compared to Essien.
Essien is Roy Keane and Vieira waxed together, and that’s about as high a compliment that you can give a midfielder.

Attacking midfielder: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Gerrard is arguably the most talented player in this position.
Great Vision, Deft touches and accurate passes stands him out.
Cesc Fabregas? He lacks the physical aspect about being a midfielder but has got all other qualities that can match Gerrard.
Paul Scholes? Age is not on your side, ginger boy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael Ballack, Mikel Obi? Too early to judge the new recruits.

The juicy part?  
The old Lampard vs Gerrard debate  I’d pick Gerrard because with Ronaldo and Van Persie in the team you have a roving middle-three that can switch around and cause the opposition a lot of problems (and with the front-two that I’m picking, that’s 5 players who can float around). Plus I rate Stevie higher than Frankie.
Lampard looks more like a national deception to me. His performance for club compared to country has no correlation at all.
He has no visible skills. Cannot dribble, deflected free-kicks here and there-he is simply over-hyped.
Put Lampard in any other team apart from Chelsea and u will hardly notice him.

Left wing: Van Persie (Arsenal)

Robben, Gonzalez, Joe Cole, Rosicky…all four could have made it here, but Van Persie wins out on all the stakes - long shots, ability to play for the team, fabulous free-kicks, excellent crossing ability, etc
I think Dutch players are better in the attacking departments than any other country in the world.
Van Basten, Dennis Bergkamp, Kluivert, Marc Overmars, Van Nistelrooy, Roy Makaay, Van Hooidjonk, Klaas Huntelaar etc. The list goes on and on.
It’s tough to leave out Ryan Giggs here, but age is not in his favor.
Giggsy has been running the wings for 14 years and he still runs faster than most lads younger than him.

Arjen Robben needs to learn more to be a team player. His world cup exploits let him down.
His 1st season at Chelsea was remarkable and he seems to deteriorate each time he plays.
Joe Cole? Very tough to leave him out but Van Persie is more clinical about his business.
Cole sometimes try tricks he doesn't even know about hoping it will work out.
Rosicky? Too early to comment on him but he has got the prospects.
Rocket-propelled shots and excellent team play.

Striker #1: Thierry Henry (Arsenal)

No questions.
Louis Saha needs at least 12 months of comprehensive striking lessons from his countryman.
Drogba? More physical but lacks goal sense.
Drogba makes difficult chances look easy BUT he makes easy chances extremely difficult for himself.
Shevchenko? Far cry from what he was at Milan.
Bellamy has got pace and skills but he is still 2 notches below Henry in predatory instincts.
Henry feeds on the flesh of weak defenders and goal-keepers.

Striker #2: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Once again, no questions.

Dirk Kuyt? A very complete striker but still a newbie.
Lets see how he copes with the Premiership winter and pressure.

Final Picks:

Formation: 4-4-2
Manager: Ferguson
Team: Van der Sar, Ferreira, Terry, Ferdinand, Heinze, Ronaldo, Essien, Gerrard, Van Persie, Henry, Rooney
Scores: Arsenal (2), Chelsea (3), Manchester United (5), Liverpool (1).

WHAT IS YOUR PICK?
Please share your views.
Biased selections are very welcome!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by loyika(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2006
Wow this is an interesting topic/post

Big up to the one whose name shall not escape from my lips grin cool

Ok here goes

Manager: Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)

Well i know most folks would say i am being biased but listen; Arsene came into the Prem as a relative unknown, Even Fergie took a dig at him, when he made some comments about Man United during a press conference, his players all thought he looked funny, the english media all laughed, and he had his work caught out for him, But in his first full season he won the prem> Maureen did the same, but with that money I will say no more, While Benitez is not really sure how to go about winning the Prem, He has figured out the Cup Comps, but he still is not sure of the Marathon.

Fergie even had to adjust for a while before he knocked liverpool out as Topdogs. Besides like i said all other 3 were quite known before they came to Britain and their reputations followed them, Wenger changed they way English teams were percieved and personally i enjoy Arsenal's brand of football and i will go for that formular.

Goal keeper: Edwin Van der Ser (Man United)

What and where hasn't that guy been, its one thing to play for a top team and play well, but my guy played for fulham and made them look good. Damn you've got to respect that. Every area of his game is tight. Cech has more quicker reflexes, Lehman is Well lehman just is what he is Crazy Lehman grin, Reina is good, but makes the simple look so herrendous, not a keeper you need in a real tight game, you won't feel comfortable. Edwin has everything, the height, the cool and calm dutch nature (Cech is cool, but in a morbid way grin Lehman is a german, so i leave you with your imagination grin)

Edwin all the way for me.

Right back: Lauren Etame (Arsenal)

Lauren is a gritty player, not big on skills, but plays in a robust way like his cameroonian buddies, He is good going forward, but not a fanciful as Eboue, but more ruthless. Ferriera is a calm defender, and Boulharouz is really an accident waiting to happen (my opinion) Lauren adds grit, fearlessness and he fits into my philosophy of football, i.e. Attacking play, i really do not rate Finnan, yes he does well for the pool, but the pool are built to defend, so to much focus is placed on him. Not worthy in my books.

Centre half 1: John Terry (Chelsea)

If you want a no nonsense defender, then JT is the man, no not Justin Timberlake, John (knock the ball and the player out) Terry, to really appreciate how players rate Terry, you only need to look at the Barca vs Chelsea game last year. Roonie's goal, Ronnie wanted to run into the box and score, but he paced himself and took a deep breathe, because he knew JT would come at him, andf you could see he used all his strenght to deflect JT of him (i am sure till this day he has body pains from that impact grin)

Jt brings everything, The build, the Height, the goals, the presence, the positioning, EVERYTHING!! every other Defender is just coming up, Vidic is good, but i believe a defender needs to be proven to me, as its is necessary to have real experience there, and despite his young age, JT has been there, if you know what i mean.

The other person would be Bill Gallas as back up (wow this Gallas boy is everwhere)

Centre Half 2 Rio Ferdinand (Man United)

Was btw Rio, Gallas and Toure, But Toure as good as he is, is mostly a last ditch defender, (JT can be like that sometimes) and i don't need two last ditch defenders in my team, the heart is not as stronmg as it used to be grin.

I would prefer Gallas, but I cry when i watch rio ferdi play footie cry cry

Rio plays football in that easy, lazy way, he looks like he could dribble and score more goals if given the chance, Yes he loses concentration (because he forgets that he is a defender sometimes grin) But he plays football with such ease that you sometimes want to cry cry (and i will cry cry)

Left Back : Ashley Cole (Chelsea/Arsenal cry cry cry cry cry)

Sorry everyone, Tweedy is the best for me, Gabby will be next, then Gallas, Gabby first because that is not Gallas's natural position).

Tweedy brings everything, he is fearless, brilliant in linking up play, can score goals and you won't ask if that was a defender that scored. He plays with his heart, especially if you add 5 more k to the 55k he was earning wink (well they all do)

tweedy would fit into my footie philosophy.

Right Wing : C Ronaldo (Man United)

Twinkle toes would do it for me, he has everything, dribbling skills (his leg overs work, not as useless as denilson, not as wasteful as Robinho, and not as WHY did you do that as Ronaldinho) The laddy is quick and has a mean shot.

Rosicky would be next, but he sometimes is not sure of himself and needs to build more confidence. SWP plays to much like Pius Ikedia to me , Good in a Useless team, but Average in a Brilliant team. Tries to do to much and is still lacking confidence, thats what i feel.

Holding Midfield: Claude Makalele (Chelsea)

Can we say Footballing god, if you want to know about how brilliant maka is, look what happened to Real MADrid when he left, What in heavens name will happen to France when he goes, Biscen and fat Frank look good because of Maka, damn, FC Thun would look good if Maka was in their team. Essien, Berti and Co are good, but King Maka is just that KING.

Attacking Midfield: Stevie Gerrad (Liverpool)

Do i need to say much, some feel Stieve G is a Big occasion player/cup final player, but man Stevie is just the bomb. His Shots, his passes, his strenght, his commitment, even when his team and he included are playing crappy (but not his penalties wink thank you)

The other player in his mould is the Kaiser elect Micheal Ballack, Cesc is still learning, and will be more like Riqelmie, Alonso is well confused most of the time. scholesy is good, but commits to many fouls.

Fat frank is crap to me, he only plays well because of Maka and Essien in Chelsea, Once again my views.

Left Wing: Thomas Rosicky (Arsenal)

He is good for both wings, but since i gave right to Twinkle toes, i will give left to Dumplings. Giggsy is still the best there is in the game, but he is now injury proned due to old age. quite sad,cause seeing Giggs in full flow, is one of the best sights in modern footie cool

Striker 1: T Henry (Arsenal)

The King of the Prem, no more to say, Lazy and broody Yes, Arrogant Yes, Sublime F@#king Yes. cool

Next would be the baby faced assasin, the boy still get am (Shrek unfortunately is too erractic for me) same as Robin Bang!! Bang! Persie

Striker 2; Dider Drogba (Chelsea)

Only three players in my opinion would have scored that goal against Barca, 1, Ruud, 2, Etoo, and Drogs. The Brother has strenght and work ethic, his first touch is still crappy, but if you have to live with Ade (akinbiyi) Bayor, you would be gratefull for God's little mercies. Next Would be the the break dancer Peter (robocop) Crouch, the lad brings a funny sort of threat to any game.

So there you have it Loyika's first 11

Formation: 4:4:2
Manager: Le Prof Arsene Wenger
Players: Van der ser, Lauren, JT, Rio, Cole, Ronaldo, Rosicky, Maka, Gerrad, T Henry, and Drogs.
Score: Arsenal (3 and a half Cole cry He doesn't look cool in blue cry) Chelsea (3 and a half, yes you guessed it Cole cry) Man United (3 shocked) Liverpool (1 and thats because i like stievie G as i really do not rate the Pool, even their Manager, brilliant tactician he is, but lacks some balls)

well i am done. lets hear more.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by superstan(m): 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2006
I got attracted to this topic from another section of this forum.
my formation is four-four-two.

manager is rafa benitez(won uefa in his debut season at liverpool)

van der sar( experienced and agile)

gary neville(never puts a foot wrong)

kolo toure(strongest defender in the prem)

john terry(rock of chelsea's defence)

gabriel heinze(the best left-back the premiership has seen in a long time)

michael essien(rolls-royce engine, never dies)

steve gerrard(the most talented brit)

c. ronaldo(a menace)

ryan giggs(the best winger since the start of the premiership)

thierry henry(top dog)

didier drogba(amazing work rate, physical presence, strong aerially, most-improved player)
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by justkunmi(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2006
nice one jackal,
Manager: Jose Mourinho. Chelsea cool
I just like the craving he has for trophies. he is always hungry and fights for every match. he loves winning and u can see that when he loses (which he rarely does). i don't need to tell y'all his resume but he's a damn good coach although I may not totally agree with his methods, but who cares, the end justifies the means

Goalkeeper: Petr cech (before he had amnesia) lol. Chelsea smiley
Y'all know what a cech without amnesia can do. To me, he's one of the best gaol tenders in the world and practically the best inn the EPL. He marshall's his defence and he rarely concedes. He's difficult to beat one on one and i really love a keeper that's not afraid to go all out for the ball (although his recent try landed him in,  u know where)

Right back: Gary Neville. Man Utd cry
He's a prolific right back for club and country. He not only does his job well in the defence, his tenacity in attack is also plausible. He scores and helps create so many goal scoring chances. He is a fighter and thats what a good defender needs.

Centre half 1: Rio Ferdinand. Man Utd cool
This guy has got grit. and he fights dirty when he has too. He can also be a gentle man when the need arises. He marshalls united's defence and he has made so many outrageous saves. He's arguably the best central midfielder in the EPL.

Centre half 2: John Terry. Chelsea smiley
Captain for club and country. This man really knows his games and knows it well. His presence is always felt on the field. His fighing spirit is what i admire in him. He was a good player, know his an excellent footballer, He has really upped his game and he knows exactly when to do that. He is also a terrific goal scorer. He has that attacking flair strikers would envy.

Left Back: Patrice Evra. Man Utd kiss
Is anybody shouting?? Yes, Patrice Evra. This guy really amazes me. His drastic improvement since he join Man Utd has been terrific. He might be young and all but i think i trust him on the left than most of some more experienced players in that position. If he's at the back, he's a menace, if he's upfront, he's a menace,  And most importantly, he's a fighter.

Right wing: Christiano Ronlado. Man Utd grin grin cheesy
He's obviously the best player in the EPL in that position lookin at recent plays and current form. The boy has got some raw skills. He's play has constantly improved since he got back from the world cup. His runs and deft touches would surely make any left back shiver. The boy is just good. I get thrilled and excited just watching him. He can also play either on the left or right but i think he's better on the right (sir alex may think otherwise)

Holding Midfield: Michael Essien. Chelsea smiley
The best thing from Ghana. His fighting spirit singles him out. His delivery is also plausible. He's a team player. and he scores. He's the main man in midfield and he is very dependable. u can be very sure he'll do his job anyday.

Attacking Midfielder: Steven Gerrard. Liverpool cry
This man has proved his competence and thats why he is so much adored by this peers. He's a constant footballer. He rarely loses his form unlike so many other players in that position. His attacking prowess is out of this world. He even scores more goals than so many strikers. He's worth every single praise he gets. Always wanting to win.

Left wing : Ryan Giggs. Man Utd. Man Utd
This guy just does not want to get old. He is a prol :-Xific winger and i can beat my chest that he's the best in that position in the EPL. His tenacity infront of goal is just crazy. He scores as much as he creates goals. He's just perfect for that position.

Striker 1: Wayne Rooney. Man Utd shocked shocked
Y'all don't need any introduction. and u surely don't want to hear my reasons for choosing him, so lets move on.

Striker 2: Didier Drogba. Chelsea cry
The best thing from Cote d'ivoir. This guy has really been on song this season. he has really proved people, especially me, wrong. i think he's worth mourinho's last man in attack. he has a very beautiful goal scoring sense and he has really shown that in the goals he's been scorin this season. Admit it or not, evey defender is afraid of this guy. He's not scared of running at defences and i admire that.

Yeah, thats my pick for first 11. HEY, come to think of it, no Arsenal player in my team, [b]THAT IS VERY VERY UNINTENTIONAL. SERIOUSLY SPEAKING. Or maybe non of them have just struck a chord in me this season. But anyway, Thierry Henry should be included maybe to replace Drogba when he starts scoring with his hands again, grin grin grin lol[/b]
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by nosa101(f): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2006
The reserves playing with

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by lordimpaq(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2006
Manager: Arsene Wenger
Well wat else can i say, his slick passing style is compared to none in the premiership, he's the best but not the best if u know wat i mean

Goal keeper: Petr Cech
Surely petr cech is better than edvin van der sar, the only plus edvin has over petr is the experience but cech stands out

Centre Back: Rio Ferdinand
Well one can always depend on rio, he's good, i don't know why i prefer him to john terry probably because of terry's vulnerability at the back, that doesn't mean that rio is also not vulnerable but terry is more vulnerable than rio,

Center Back: Kolo toure
He is just marvelous, he blocks every damned ball, he throws his body at it like an italian, and he has a flair for going forward,

Left Back: Ashley cole
Well although i don't like him for leaving my team, he still remains the best left back in the world, although he is easily carried away. and then forgets he is a left back and he doesn't follow the ball most times, christiano ronaldo can testify to that.

Right Back: Boularouz
well people may say i can judge a book by its cover, but i think he deserves it

Centre Half: Fabregas
what else, who else, who is capable of centre half other than fabregas, this guy is just wonderful, u guys know it, set aside arsenal, but fabregas is class, he beats the others

holding midfield: Makelele
No question, no comments, did i hear anyone say carrrick, man, shelf carrick, makelel is the best holding midfielder in the WORLD

Right wing: Christiano ronaldo
even though i am an arsenal fan, but this guy is phenomenal, he's the best in the world, quick feet, skillful but stupid at times, but he's good.

Left wing: Arjen Robben
i amuse myself as i choose this selfish human being, he doesn't derserve it but he's as dangerous as a snake (poisonous i mean)

Centre forward: Wayne rooney
Well wat do u know, wayne the bad boy rooney, i can't say anything,

Centre Forward: Thierry Henry
Hmm, no comments,

i know some guys are going to crucify me, but frankly liverpool players are not up to the class of these guys, they are the best,
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by Grizzly(m): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2006
Cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by LoverBwoy(m): 4:31pm On Nov 01, 2006
Ahhh Rio's best days are toure's off days!!

manager is rafa benitez(won uefa in his debut season at liverpool)
so?

gary neville(never puts a foot wrong)
yea he does wonders with his foot, literally kicked Reyes out of England!

BRB with my formation but i think it depends on what team you are playing against
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by rosix(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2006
MANAGER
                  JOSE MOURINHO

GOAL KEEPER
                  PETR CECH

DEFENDERS
                  KOLO TOURE
                  JOSEPH YOBO
                  JOHN TERRY
                  ASHLEY COLE

MIDFIELDERS
                   JOE COLE
                   FABREGAS CESC
                   JOHN OBI MIKEL
                   C.RONALDO

STRIKERS
                   DIDIER DROGBA
                   LOUIS SAHA.
                                                          FORMATION:4-4-2.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by justkunmi(m): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2006
@rosix
cant remeber when arsenal or chelsea or liverpool or even man utd, signed Joseph Yobo, cool
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by LoverBwoy(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2006
rosix

How about you swap Toure with Mikel Obi in midfield

Cesc would render Obi useless in midfield!
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by Jackal(m): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2006
@ Loverbwoy and Grizzly,

Please pick your team and tell us the reasons why u[b] prefer each player [/b] chosen to other players in the other teams listed.
Go back and modify your comments and please no spamming.
I shall descend heavily on whoever tries to spam this thread with scum and grime.

@ Rosix,
Yobo does not belong here.
Pick any player within Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool.
I set an example to follow and Loyika, Justkunmi and Superstan followed it responsibly.
Please follow suit. It is not rocket science
Thank U.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by Grizzly(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2006
@ Jackal,
do i really need to do that, ?
i guess you can figure that for yourself from those whom i chose the same players as,
i don't want to be repetitive and boring here,
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by lordimpaq(m): 7:45am On Nov 03, 2006
@jackal

scum and grime, who da hell do u think u are,
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by Jackal(m): 11:10am On Nov 03, 2006
@ Lordimpaq,

You are a F O O L.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by osteen(m): 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2006
Hay Dont start wit insult in this nice thread. Just follow the rules as Jackal has already stated
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by osteen(m): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2006
Manager:

I will Pick The Prof Arsene cos he is just the most attack minded manager in the world, faggie is another but my heart goes wit wenger

Sefest Hands

Van da ser [/b]definitly.

[b]Center Back:

I will Pick toure and fedinand. Kolo has got the strenght and fedinand the coolness to mashal the defence. Terry is not dat hot if exposed, he should be greatfull to maka and cavalho for blocking his ass

Full Back:

Ashley Cole on the Left, Eboue on the right. these two are the most attack minded full backs in the prim and both have the potentials to score goals wit easy when presented the oppotunity

Mid-field:

I will prefere to c a Maka and a Fabrigas. Maka is simply the best defensive mid-fielder in the would, wit him the defense has a routine job in there hands.

Fabrigas quite young but will give u that attacking option any team desire, essien is very good but too fisical for my liking.

Wings:

C Ronaldo for sue, he is the most talented winger in the prim so far and can be a game winner any time, the left would go to Van per se

Strikers:

Igwe and Rooney cos they are just the best there is.

My formation is a 4 - 4 - 2
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by hucarson(m): 12:48pm On Nov 03, 2006
This a syk thread.

In my mind,
My TEAM:
Manager: Jose Mourniho(His statistics is awesome. Won 18 games and drew 1 in 19 games at home last season)

Formation: 4-2-3-1(Killer formation. Tested and trusted on PS2 games)

Keeper: Edvin Van De Sar(Good communication, agility and experience)

Rightback: Gary Neville(Good crosses, joins the attack, keep his head calm)
Leftback: Gabriel Heinze (Sheer grit, no-nonsense, set-pieces)
Centerback: Rio Ferdinand(Calmness, aerial threats, good going forward)
Centerback: Kolo Toure(Super-strong, might kill someone soon)

First central midfielder: Steven Gerrard( No questions. Awesome ball delivery, Great vision, sublime skills, set-pieces)
Second central midfielder:Michael Essien(Vieira/Keane/Makelele in one. Good interceptions, pacy, links the attack)

Right wing forward: Cristiano Ronaldo(The best in the league. Dangerous, skillful, both feet is great)
Deep central forward: Wayne Rooney(Who else?)
Left wing forward: Ryan Giggs(A wizard. Can dash past any defender on his day)

Centerforward: Thiery Henry(Top Gun, Predator, Terminator and the Punisher)
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by mukina2: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2006
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by Cougar: 1:25am On Oct 15, 2007
Interesting thread.  cheesy grin cheesy

Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson.

Goalkeeper: Edwin Van Der Sar(safe hands, good communication)

Right Back: Gary Neville(solid, super strong, rarely puts a foot wrong)

Centre half: Kolo Toure(very reliable, uncompromising, last ditch defender)

Centre half: Neumanja Vidic(heading ability in defence/attack, very brave)

Left Back: Patrice Evra(Good crosses, pacy and good reader of the game)

Right Midfielder: Steven Gerrard(Inspirational, high work-rate, tremendous skills)

Central Midfielder: Michael Essien([/b]Powerful, athletic, stupendous work rate)

[b]Left Midfielder
: Cristiano Ronaldo(Prem's king of the wings, bundle of skills, athletic, a menace to any defence)

Forward Right: Wayne Rooney(Incredible balance, agility, speed, outstanding skills)

Centre forward: Didier Drogba(Sheer strength, good goal sense, feed pillar)

Forward Left: Robin Van Persie(Technically sound, sublime skills, free-kick specialist, a player to watch)
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2007
MANAGER : JOSE MOURINHO (a good coach who knows how to use talented players)

GOAL-KEEPER: PETR CECH (Good when with the right central defender)

CENTRAL DEFENDER: RICARDO CARVALHO (Very clever in dealing with sharp strikers
in the 18 yards box)

CENTRAL DEFENDER: RIO FERDINAND (He has the best assists when playing along
side with J.T, their combination would have
nice in this squad but J.T is slacking nowadays

RIGHT BACK : STEVE GERRARD (Am not saying he isn't good in midfield, but my
formation requires a defender who can overlap)

LEFT BACK: PATRICE EVRA (Has the same good crosses like others, but he's sharper)

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER: MICHAEL ESSIEN (Defenders has less problem when
pressure is being cooled from the midfield
really poor in passes,but good in defence

MIDFIELDER: CESC FABREGAS ( Excellent passes and swift dribbles)

MIDFIELDER: C. RONALDO (just like fabregas, but better)

MIDFIELDER: FRANK LAMPARD (Very bad in defence, but a perfect supporting striker)

STRIKER: DIDIER DROGBA (Very stuborn, tricky (offside) and disturbing)

STRIKER: WAYNE ROONEY (plays a different pattern from Drogba, that is perfect for
disturbance)

FORMATION: 4-1-2-1-2 (DIAMOND MIDFIELD)

smiley smiley smiley smiley
smiley
smiley smiley
smiley
smiley smiley
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by A40(m): 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2007
MANAGER : Has to be Arsene Wenger the most attack minded manager.

GOAL KEEPER: Petr Cech (I hate Chelsea with my spirit, soul and body but the guy is good)

CENTRE HALVES: Jamie Carragher (You cant go wrong with him when it comes to the UCL he plays with heart and passion it doesnt get any better than that)

Ricardo Carvalho (Another player that has to make my list if i need to put club bias aside excellent recovery and J.T is useless without him)

LEFT BACK: Gael Clichy (for obvious reasons)

RIGHT BACK: Bacary Sagna (Sound defender and also great going forward amazing crossing ability and can use both feet besides no one expected him to adapt to the english game so quick

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER:Michael Essien (Midfield Marshal)

CENTRAL MIDFIELD:Steven Gerard (Another midfield dynamo alive to his defensive duties and would play just ahead of Essien

ATTACKING MIDFIELDER:My Boi Cesc Fabregas(Did you think i would leave him out? to pull all the strings and sublime assists and passing and also to try out some shots of his own i guess yall have seen what he is capable of this season when it comes to long range shooting)

LEFT WING FORWARD:Robin Van Persie (Dead ball specialist, packs a powerful shot and also has the ability to turn defenders inside out not forgetting his superb first touch and ability to score from impossible angles)

RIGHT WING FORWARD:Cristiano Ronaldo (What more can i say fantastic player even though na Kaka still get World player of the year sha? A defenders nightmare well except for Gallas,Clichy,Toure and Sagna lol)

CENTRE FORWARD:Fernando Torres (I must admit i was one of the doubting Thomases when he came i even said Villa was better than him.It turns out he could end up being Liverpools Saviour this season

So there you have it guys A-40's dream eleven among the big four it is a 4-3-3 formation which could change depending on the nature of the game there is no hard and fast rules about it,

My Bench:Van Der Sar,Toure,Hargreaves,Hleb,Rooney
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2007
Coach - Fergie I would have said Benitez but I rotated him out.

Right back, Eboue should go Back

Central Pair: Terry and Vidic solid anyday

Left Back : Ashley Cole

MiDfield; Essien, Fabregas, Ronaldo and Gerrard

Strikers: Drogba, RVP.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by tkb417(m): 5:34pm On Oct 16, 2007
nice one from jackal

Manager:  Sir Alex Ferguson
I'm still elated he won even when Mourinho was around. If not Mourinho would have been my choice

Goalie: Cech
You can't go wrong with this guy. hes the reason chelsea is still Chelsea. remove cech and they are back in the days. Hes the best goalie in the world. With VDS is a close call. but Cech is a top notch any day

Right Back: Gary Neville
united is missing his in-swinging crosses, with Gary's crosses, Strikers will definitely have a swell time scoring. Eboue will slot in if Gary's injured in my team.

Left Back : Ashley Cole
hes one of the best in the world. he sometimes misbehave on the pitch. we all can remember what Ronaldo did to him on the field but i still give it to him. he can be compared with the worlds best

Central Defenders: Carvalho and Vidic
Vidic with his goal scoring skills, combined with the steel in Carlvalho, then i think, i have the best pair. Rio will be available if anything happens to Carlvalho.

Right Wing: Ronaldo
He's currently having a run at the world's best player of the year. so what else can you say. hes simply a player

Left Wing: Roscisky
His sublime movements on the ball is always a delight anyday. he fits in perfectly into my team. Joe Cole is diminishing and would have been my choice

Central Midfielders: Essien and Gerrard
Oh my gosh!! i wish i can play this team. Gerrard pairing Essien will spell doom for any opposition. If its movements on the ball, they have got it plenty, if its passes, sure you will get that en masse. This is an ideal combo for any coach

Strikers: Drogba and Rooney
What can you ask for in your strikers? Drogba is one of the best in the world. Rooney will wreck havoc for any opposition with Gerrad and Essien behind him.
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by topeorekoy(m): 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2007
this is an interesting thread

COACH- ARSENE WENGER
The man is just a genius, he brings the best out in u and gives u a chance to prove urself. he is so indepth that i love him with a passion

keeper- CECH

the guy is a real big guy. he has made some saves that i was like is this guy a genius or what? his agility is just too much.

right back- bacary sagna

i have seen few of this matches. the guys is just a cool and good right back. am just waiting for his contest with ronaldo

left back- evra

the guy is strong and can overlap very well. he links up well upfront

central defender- vidic

the guys is so strong in the air and consistent. he is very strong and can take any strike out, he scores goals too

central defender- john terry

i followed his progress from when he was still playing as a left back in his early days in chelsea competing with babayaro those days and his rise to be a central defender. he is a defender one can count on any day. his work rate is very high and very good in the air too. i cant remember how many times he has been sent off as a defender

left midfielder- ronaldo

he is just too awesome. thats all i can say

defensive mid fielder- essien

he is a machine and a monster. sometimes i used to think he is on drug. he has a good sight and can marshall my defence very well.

right midfielder- cesc fabregas

considering his age and with the skills he possess. i can just fail to mention him cos he cant cease to amaze me all the time

attacking midfielder- general gerrard

his great vision and good shooting ability. he is my best midfielder in england

attacker- drogba

the guy has this stength though doesnt have too much skills but he scores when u least expect him to do so. his game against valencia, just one chance and he scored

attacker- igwe

skillful and has good placement and a high goal sense. he is the best foreign striker for me to have played on england soil.

formation 4-4-2
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by akinalabi(m): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2007
Nice one Jackal.

Here's mine based on a 4-4-2 formation.

Goalkeeper: Petr Chech

Right back: Gary Neville

Left Back: Patrice Evra

Central Defence: Nemanja Vidic

Central Defence: Jamie Carragher

Defensive Midfield: Michael Essien

Attacking Midfield: Paul Scholes

Right Midfield: Christiano Ronaldo

Left Midfield: Robin Van Persie

Support Striker: Wayne Rooney

Top Nine: Didier Drogba

Akin Alabi
Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Liverpool Vs Man Utd by folahann(m): 12:24am On Oct 18, 2007
Why don't we create a new topic about this for the new season we are moving on check out for that Topic

(1) (Reply)

Heartland Fc Fans: Let's Go There! / Full List Of 23 Nominees For FIFA Ballon D'or 2012 / The Man Behind EPL Football Stars Crazy Haircuts - Meet Ahmed Alsanawi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.