Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) (15057 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari’s Address To The Nation (photos) / Buhari Address To The Nation. / 11 Best Quotes From Buhari's Address To His New Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Lordave: 4:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Chai!

My post really knock some people off their feet. cheesy cheesy
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by shamecurls(m): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Chai

Bubu on point

Sai Baba ti take-over jor

And to wailers, I beg leave trash for LAWMA

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Jchi9876: 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
j1mmy:
What is Ni-djeriya, Fatnership, F'arliament, co-OFeration?

Nigeria is supposed to be an English speaking country until Patience Jonathan, Goodluck Jonathan and Buhari open their mouths!

Stop been silly he is not from Liverpool or South London.
He is from Nigeria English is not our mother tongue.

Google what accent is and stop disgracing your wannabe self.

These people you mentioned have attained heights yours Queens English will never take your gen to.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Retributionn: 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lordave:
What did he say?

Did he give any detailed information on how he's gonna arrest Sarkozy for corruption?

Did he also call the current French president Charles De Gaulle?

APC zombies, when you insult GEJ you're mature and eat vitamins but if you retaliate on Buhari they they open Bible, Koran and biology textbook to tell you how how you lack morals and vitamins.. LOL who gives a fùck about ndi ara?

[b]Thanks for the summary. But don't tell me you weren't aware of the bizarre and rude comments before Buhari came into office. undecided

Nonsense

I was just telling you to behave your age

You are too old for this sort of behavior

You need to grow up

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Jchi9876: 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lordave:
What did he say?

Did he give any detailed information on how he's gonna arrest Sarkozy for corruption?

Did he also call the current French president Charles De Gaulle?

APC zombies, when you insult GEJ you're mature and eat vitamins but if you retaliate on Buhari they they open Bible, Koran and biology textbook to tell you how how you lack morals and vitamins.. LOL who gives a fùck about ndi ara?

[b]Thanks for the summary. But don't tell me you weren't aware of the bizarre and rude comments before Buhari came into office. undecided

What rude comments were thrown at GEJ?
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by alaskido(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dullardino Bubu reading from a typewritten speech prepared by his secretary.
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by carboblanko(m): 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
Sohot1:
This man Buhari is respected world over. I hope he is able to maintain it to the end.
It seems like he is now regarded as the leader of the African continent by the International community.
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Lordave: 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
Jchi9876:

What rude comments were thrown at GEJ?
Am I supposed to answer this question?

Anyway, who's is know as 'retardeen' on Nairaland?
I'm beginning to see you as a hypocrite for asking that question.
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
j1mmy:
What is Ni-djeriya, Fatnership, F'arliament, co-OFeration?

Nigeria is supposed to be an English speaking country until Patience Jonathan, Goodluck Jonathan and Buhari open their mouths!

Nigerians speak hausa, Ibo, Yoruba etc but as usual with our low mentality, we feel unless we do religion more than the people that brought the religion, speak english more than the people that own the language, we are not complete. You don't see Chinese, Indian or other non western countries who are actually doing well fall over themselves to speak English.

Yes English is our Official language but we are Nigerians not English people, the sooner we lose the inferiority complex the better for us as a nation. We are Nigerians who speak English, not English people living in Nigeria!
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Lordave: 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
Retributionn:

Nonsense

I was just telling you to behave your age

You are too old for this sort of behavior

You need to grow up
I reckon you were old enough yesterday when you tried to drag IPOB into the alleged kidnapping of foreign expatriates and ship hijack?
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by coolitempa(f): 5:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
Buhari is such a respectable leader...sometimes when I see him representing us....tears just well up in my eyes.... angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by carboblanko(m): 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Jchi9876:

did you even watch the video? or your data is limited.
Let me summarize for you he is championing a course that will not only integrate Nigeria with core European countries but the West African continent vis-a-vis bilateral trade, investments, security and environmental protection.
These are very important aspects of our core existence that the President himself have to let the European community know.

I do not know why moderators allow such bizarre and rude comments. it is unbecoming and uncharacteristic.
Why do you even bother to reply all these retards? Just ignore them please.
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Shortyy(f): 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
Omotall:
. But u too have a father right,insultin somebody else father,number 1 man in a nation call nigeria,God will judge u,nonsense people cool

Die cool
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Retributionn: 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lordave:
I reckon you were old enough yesterday when you tried to drag IPOB into the alleged kidnapping of foreign expatriates and ship hijack?

Yes IPOB youths kidnapped expatriates and this has been confirmed by the Nigerian Military

Igbos are terrorists and will be treated as such

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by vigasimple(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Europeans are very clever. They wouldn't want to appear rude. They will have copy of the speech before through member's of the press and also have interpreters available pretending it is translation from English to French or German etc

Even majority of honest Nigerians will tell you that they can't make out what the man is saying.

The beginning of corruption is when a man without sound intelligence or communication skills is 'leading' Nigeria in 2016.

GEJ may have many flaws but Buhari is certainly not an improvement on those flaws.

If we had gone back 30years to choose a leader then we are certainly looking backward instead of forward.
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Retributionn: 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
coolitempa:
Buhari is such a respectable leader...sometimes when I see him representing us....tears just well up in my eyes.... angry

Those foreign politicians and officials have access to all the financial information of all corrupt leaders in Africa. They must be shocked how a man that ruled over the prosperous nation in Africa in the 80s is not a billionaire and living a modest lifestyle

They admire him for his tenacity and his honesty

Some of them might even wish they have leaders like him in their nations

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by j1mmy: 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
lookandlaff:

Nigerians speak hausa, Ibo, Yoruba etc but as usual with our low mentality, we feel unless we do religion more than the people that brought the religion, speak english more than the people that own the language, we are not complete. You don't see Chinese, Indian or other non western countries who are actually doing well fall over themselves to speak English.

Yes English is our Official language but we are Nigerians not English people, the sooner we lose the inferiority complex the better for us as a nation. We are Nigerians who speak English, not English people living in Nigeria!

you are talking nonsense to promote illiteracy and lack of proficiency. Your mentality adds to backwardness!
It does not matter where the language came from, what matters is if you have a nation with hundreds of ethnic languages and the national language is English...TRY AND be PROFICIENT IN IT!

You are taking the argument somewhere else!

The reason South Africa got billions of dollars in IT call centre investment is because they are adjudged to have better proficiency in ENGLISH than Nigeria who also competed for it!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
j1mmy:

you are talking nonsense to promote illiteracy and lack of proficiency. Your mentality adds to backwardness!
It does not matter where the language came from, what matters is if you have a nation with hundreds of ethnic languages and the national language is English...

emancipate yourself from mental slavery
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by j1mmy: 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
lookandlaff:

emancipate yourself from mental slavery

It does not matter where the language came from, what matters is if you have a nation with hundreds of ethnic languages and the national language is English...TRY AND be PROFICIENT IN IT!

The reason South Africa got billions of dollars in IT call centre investment is because they are adjudged to have better proficiency in ENGLISH than Nigeria who also competed for it!

something monkeys like you will never understand!
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Retributionn: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
vigasimple:
Europeans are very clever. They wouldn't want to appear rude. They will have copy of the speech before through member's of the press and also have interpreters available pretending it is translation from English to French or German etc

Even majority of honest Nigerians will tell you that they can't make out what the man is saying.

The beginning of corruption is when a man without sound intelligence or communication skills is 'leading' Nigeria in 2016.

GEJ may have many flaws but Buhari is certainly not an improvement on those flaws.

If we had gone back 30years to choose a leader then we are certainly looking backward instead of forward.

Very ignorant post

You need more exposure

Mario Ponti the former European Commissioner has a PhD from Yale and Buhari's spoken English is clearer than Ponti's

Romano Prodi, the former Head of the EU Commission also has a PhD from LSE and yet his spoken English is not great

Most EU Commission workers and officials use their own native language when addressing the parliament, that is why the biggest department in the Commission and Council is the translation department

They dont judge you by your spoken English but they pay attention to the substance of your speech

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by j1mmy: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
Jchi9876:

Stop been silly he is not from Liverpool or South London.
He is from Nigeria English is not our mother tongue.

Google what accent is and stop disgracing your wannabe self.

These people you mentioned have attained heights yours Queens English will never take your gen to.

If he cannot express himself in his own national language why is he the face of Nigeria?

Go sidon jare and stop promoting illiteracy
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
j1mmy:

Never be ashamed of who you are or try to be what you are not. He his a Fulani man with an accent so f ucking what? The man with no shoes who spoke good english was regarded as a bufoon. As far as call center crap you are talking about, if we fix our selves and our mentality, our self esteem, our attitude to work we will get FDI with quality jobs.

elevate yourself my friend, you clearly have an inferiority complex. we live in a diverse world, people have accents, we are not clones!
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by coolitempa(f): 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Retributionn:

Those foreign politicians and officials have access to all the financial information of all corrupt leaders in Africa. They must be shocked how a man that ruled over the prosperous nation in Africa in the 80s is not a billionaire and living a modest lifestyle

They admire him for his tenacity and his honesty

Some of them might even wish they have leaders like him in their nations

Spot on...leaders like him are rare... angry angry...his personal authority is simply mind blowing... angry...and his list of achievements so far already surpasses that of the clueless ineffectual buffoon in only seven months...Boko haram have been contained and are on the verge of defeat....single account introduced....stealing is now corruption and a mildly expansionist budget introduced with a focus on capital expenditure/infrastructural development... cool...forex management defined but not yet clear is the one area I have my reservations.
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
j1mmy:

Never be ashamed of who you are or try to be what you are not. He his a Fulani man with an accent so f ucking what? The man with no shoes who spoke good english was regarded as a bufoon. As far as call center crap you are talking about, if we fix our selves and our mentality, our self esteem, our attitude to work we will get FDI with quality jobs. Are sweatshop call centre the kind of jobs you aspire to? Because of low paying call centre jobs we should start speaking phone? Any deficiency in proficiency in English language is down to the breakdown in our educational system.

elevate yourself my friend, you clearly have an inferiority complex. we live in a diverse world, people have accents, we are not clones!
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by wristbangle: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Shortyy:
I wouldn't waste my mb on that cos I might not even hear anything he said. Kworrupt man grin

Do u want me to subscribe for u in order to listen to his speech?
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by Allosaurus: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
He looks like an idiot cheesy
Re: President Buhari's Address At The European Parliament (Video) by cizy: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Shortyy:
I wouldn't waste my mb on that cos I might not even hear anything he said. Kworrupt man grin

I swear down! Even we Nigerians find it hard understanding him talk more whites. Little wonder they usually translate his English to understandable and readable English whenever he's addressing foreigners.. cheesy grin

By the way, I think you should rather report those goats insulting you rather than dignifying their senseless rants with response.. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra 10,000-Capacity International Conference Center Construction Update / Lagos Commissioner Quits To Join First-Bank / Rumors Of Ortom's Plans To Join PDP Heightens As He Reconciles With Suswam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.