Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! (2805 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From My Uncle? Urgent Advice Needed Please. / Abducted Bayelsa Girl May Return To Bayelsa Tuesday, As Activists, Lawyers Fume / Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by RiloKiley: 4:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Tearoses
She sounds like she could be one. Or maybe knows one. Apologies if am wrong.
Also mizmycoli
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
RiloKiley:
Tearoses
She sounds like she could be one. Or maybe knows one. Apologies if am wrong.
Also mizmycoli
Thank you very much
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
Cc Tearoses
Cc mizmycoli
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by MizMyColi(f): 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
I'm sorry my Darlingsad

I wish there's more I could do from here.

Mindfulnesssmiley
Got any thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kids Locked up and no food? sad
Where are they? ...... Lagos?
Have they been released yet?
Is the husband trying to effect their release?

CC Ifyalways
Onegai
caracta
Please do you have any ideas on what can be done?
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by pet4ril(f): 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
I need them too because federal government was owing us about 500+ but I heard they have released the money but only God knows who the money has been released to.
Anytime protest is planned and tvs carried to Air it, they will dissapoint even radio stations and recently, Almighty brekette family that promised to do something has kept mute.
We really need a way out right now
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Onegai(f): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
She needs a lawyer. To sort out her bail and get the kids out. Once she gets a lawyer, the police will cool their craze and let her go. Ask your neighbours and friends for a lawyer to go to the station and say he's representing her. That is the only effective thing that can be done, so if it's urgent, start asking for a lawyer to go asap.
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
MizMyColi:
I'm sorry my Darlingsad

I wish there's more I could do from here.

Mindfulnesssmiley
Got any thoughts?

She needs a lawyer. Is there anyone who can pay the lawyer?

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 5:49am On Feb 04, 2016
tearoses:
Kids Locked up and no food? sad
Where are they? ...... Lagos?
Have they been released yet?
Is the husband trying to effect their release?

CC Ifyalways
Onegai
caracta
Please do you have any ideas on what can be done?
They were in central police station (cps) aba, abia state. I couldn't get help here fast, the closest I got to human rights was their enugu zonal office, and they needed me to lodge an official complaint, and since my going to enugu wasn't immediate, I was helpless. Hence, the husband managed to get a lawyer who by the help of an army officer, bailed them out with #5000.00. My heart was in shambles cos I could do nothing. Those kids were tired, hungry and you know how kids disturb when they're like that, yet, no emotions from the police officers, who even threatened more that if the documents were not produced, they'll push her into the cell with her kids, can you imagine?
Their release was effected by 5pm, having spent more than 8-9hours.
Something more I should do, or just let the matter die?
I've already advised the lady in question, if her brother thinks she has what belongs to him, he should go to court. Let the court's ruling prevail
Thank you guys for all your help. I'm most grateful.
Cc mizmycoli
Cc onegal
Cc RiloKiley
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 5:52am On Feb 04, 2016
pet4ril:
I need them too because federal government was owing us about 500+ but I heard they have released the money but only God knows who the money has been released to.
Anytime protest is planned and tvs carried to Air it, they will dissapoint even radio stations and recently, Almighty brekette family that promised to do something has kept mute.
We really need a way out right now
I got the contact of their zonal head in Enugu.
Where do you stay? If you need it, holla
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by SAMBARRY: 6:01am On Feb 04, 2016
Kanwuliajeje .hmnnn embarassed

Sadly you were right..chaiii
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by pet4ril(f): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2016
Chikabel:

I got the contact of their zonal head in Enugu.
Where do you stay? If you need it, holla
Abuja for now
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by ifyalways(f): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Thank God she is out but the battle is not won yet,IMO.

They need to sort amicably, once and for all, the house issue. Lawyer, family meeting or even soldiers. Sad what siblings do to themselves cos of money. sad
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by cococandy(f): 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Na wa o.

Sometimes I wonder if our Nigerian policemen are a different breed from the rest of the normal human population.
How can you lock little kids up? For what? So if their bail wasn't posted same day, they'd sleep in there for as long as it took to get their mom out?
What a horrible set of people!

Argh!!! embarassed so annoying.

Mtchew.
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by RiloKiley: 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
Chikabel:

They were in central police station (cps) aba, abia state. I couldn't get help here fast, the closest I got to human rights was their enugu zonal office, and they needed me to lodge an official complaint, and since my going to enugu wasn't immediate, I was helpless. Hence, the husband managed to get a lawyer who by the help of an army officer, bailed them out with #5000.00. My heart was in shambles cos I could do nothing. Those kids were tired, hungry and you know how kids disturb when they're like that, yet, no emotions from the police officers, who even threatened more that if the documents were not produced, they'll push her into the cell with her kids, can you imagine?
Their release was effected by 5pm, having spent more than 8-9hours.
Something more I should do, or just let the matter die?
I've already advised the lady in question, if her brother thinks she has what belongs to him, he should go to court. Let the court's ruling prevail
Thank you guys for all your help. I'm most grateful.
Cc mizmycoli
Cc onegal
Cc RiloKiley
If he is willing to imprison her and her little kids, then he might be willing to go to the extreme of bodily harming her. She should consider handing over the papers to the eldest member of the family.
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by hakym619(m): 10:12am On Mar 07, 2016
I am xo xorri i also need an activist to tackle 2016 utme result
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by YourCoffin: 11:59am On Mar 07, 2016
Why did she sieze the documents? Was the documents supposed to be in her custody in the first place?

Who are the activists supposed to fight for? The lady or the kids?
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 6:23am On Mar 21, 2016
YourCoffin:
Why did she sieze the documents? Was the documents supposed to be in her custody in the first place?

Much as this matter is close to being settled, I'll answer you.
She never seized the documents, Sir.
She's the only lady with 2 brothers, one elder, one younger.
As at when the land was purchased and building erected, she was the "supervisor " as per, the only one in the state at that time, her two brothers handed over everything to her for her to manage, while she sends them intermittent reports, which she did diligently as the hardworking woman she is.
Building erected, was still her and her aged mom staying there till she got married and even months afterwards before her younger brother threw her out with her kids, saying she can't be staying with her husband in "his" house, as at this time, she and her husband could not afford an accommodation of their own yet. A house all 3 of them contributed to building, she was even the richest among them then, she got married at 40, so if you can imagine, she was already an independent woman, though business got very bad at some point. Just before she got married.
They quickly put heads together and got a place with the help of my mom, and moved.
Question should be, when did the hunger for power and possession overcome the younger brother? The elder brother, who should have been the one agitating if there was any need for it, doesn't find it worth fighting for.
Family meetings have been set up, and the blame always, I mean, always rests on the younger brother, yet he has decided not to relent, disgracing himself further.
Now, you see how the possession of the documents came about, and since the eldest has insisted she keeps it, it remains so.
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 6:25am On Mar 21, 2016
YourCoffin:

And yes, I needed the human rights activists for both her and the kids.
You shouldn't detain a woman with little kids, to the detriment of the kids, that's throwing their human rights out the window.
I've cleared the air enough, right?
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by YourCoffin: 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
Chikabel:

Much as this matter is close to being settled, I'll answer you.
She never seized the documents, Sir.
She's the only lady with 2 brothers, one elder, one younger.
As at when the land was purchased and building erected, she was the "supervisor " as per, the only one in the state at that time, her two brothers handed over everything to her for her to manage, while she sends them intermittent reports, which she did diligently as the hardworking woman she is.
Building erected, was still her and her aged mom staying there till she got married and even months afterwards before her younger brother threw her out with her kids, saying she can't be staying with her husband in "his" house, as at this time, she and her husband could not afford an accommodation of their own yet. A house all 3 of them contributed to building, she was even the richest among them then, she got married at 40, so if you can imagine, she was already an independent woman, though business got very bad at some point. Just before she got married.
They quickly put heads together and got a place with the help of my mom, and moved.
Question should be, when did the hunger for power and possession overcome the younger brother? The elder brother, who should have been the one agitating if there was any need for it, doesn't find it worth fighting for.
Family meetings have been set up, and the blame always, I mean, always rests on the younger brother, yet he has decided not to relent, disgracing himself further.
Now, you see how the possession of the documents came about, and since the eldest has insisted she keeps it, it remains so.

If the matter is close to being settled, then there's nothing more to say. But to clarify you on the reason I asked question. The younger brother is aggrieved and from what I've read he pursued it the legal way by involving the police. So I was wondering who the activists would fight against, the brother or the police?

Again, who made the largest contribution in monetary terms to the erection of the house and what is the younger brother's living condition at the moment. Have anybody ever really listened to the younger brother to know why he's aggrieved or because he's the youngest his feelings doesn't matter? Why I'm asking these questions is for you guys to be able to predict how voilent he's willing to get on this matter. If he can go this far, I presume he's done yet. You guys need to be careful.

And the elder brother is not wise at all. If he was he would have kept the document himself.
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Chikabel:

And yes, I needed the human rights activists for both her and the kids.
You shouldn't detain a woman with little kids, to the detriment of the kids, that's throwing their human rights out the window.
I've cleared the air enough, right?
Hi, ur posts make a nice read.
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Hi, ur posts make a nice read.
Thank you, Sir
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Chikabel:

Thank you, Sir
I don't really get it with accessing my PMs. Just doesn't deliver
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Chikabel: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I don't really get it with accessing my PMs. Just doesn't deliver

Maybe you should try sending me one
Re: Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
Chikabel:

Maybe you should try sending me one
Alright. Done.

(1) (Reply)

Help My Uncle's Wife!!! / My Twin Girls Often Kiss Each Other / My Wife Gets Angry At Me Each Time I Say Thank You To My Niece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.