Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,880 members, 7,798,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko (30190 Views)

DSS Interrogates Temitope Aluko Over Ekitigate / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Dasuki, Others Over Arms Procurement Fraud / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by shorxynla(m): 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
A Chief Magistrate Court in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital has ordered the State Commissioner of Police to arrest of former State Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Temitope Aluko over alleged perjury.

Chief Magistrate Adesoji Adegboye gave this order today, upon a Motion Ex-parte number MAD/10cm/2016, filed by the Ekiti State Government against Mr Aluko and the State Commissioner of Police, pursuant to Section 117 of the Criminal Code Law, Cap C16, law of Ekiti State 2012, Section 79 of the Ekiti State Administration of Criminal Justice Law 2014 and Section 23 (D) of the Magistrates’ Courts Law 2014.

In the Motion, which was filed and moved by the State Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Mr Gbemiga Adaramola, an order of the court was sought to issue warrant of arrest against Mr Aluko to be executed by the State Commissioner of Police for the purpose of committing him (Aluko) for trial for the offence of perjury. Chief Magistrate Adegboye said the order was granted as a means for the first defendant (Aluko) to attend the court for defence.

The matter was premised upon an application to the State Attorney General by a lawyer, Mr Sunday Olowolafe, calling for the prosecution of Mr Aluko for alleged perjury. The legal practitioner said; “I hereby apply to your office that Dr Temitope Kolawole Aluko be arrested and sued for perjury in view of the interview recently granted on Channels Television by 8:00pm on Sunday 31 January, 2016.

“The said Dr Temitope Kolawole Aluko now recanted the evidence he gave in the cause of the hearing of the Ekiti State Governorship Election Petition as a star witness even up to the Supreme Court. The Certified True Copy of the State on Oath, evidence of Dr Temitope Kolawole Aluko in Court on the 12/11/14 and Nigerian Tribune and The Punch newspapers of Monday, 01/02/2016 that reported the interview granted are hereto attached. “It is to be noted that this if this act (Perjury) is not looked into, it will definitely defile the cause of justice and consequently rubbished the judicial proceedings.”

In the affidavit filed in support of the motion ex-parte by Special Assistant to the State Governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, he said Mr Aluko, who was a witness before the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sworn to a Statement on Oath on August 4, 2014 wherein he stated that the Election was not only free and fair, but devoid of violence, thuggery, hooliganism, snatching of ballot boxes, and related forms of electoral disorderliness.

Olayinka further averred that Mr Aluko tendered and adopted his Statement on Oath on November 12, 2014 and further gave evidence under cross examination.

He stated that all what Aluko said on Channels Television on Sunday, January 31, 2016 were contrary to and opposite in direction to his evidence before the Ekiti State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal. Issuing the warrant of arrest against Mr Aluko, Chief Magistrate Adegboye said since the court had the power to grant the order and it will serve the interest of justice, the State Commissioner of Police should arrest Aluko for the purpose of investigating and prosecuting him.

SOURCE: http://ekiti247.com/confirmed-court-orders-arrest-of-aluko-over-37m-rigging-confession-see-evidence-33248/#sthash.pufBgMag.dpbs

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by nickxtra(m): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Goodluck, sorry, bad luck to him cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by chelseaboi(m): 5:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hit me wth likes when he is been jailed

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Mutuwa(m): 5:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Not even a high court?

*anyways get back to me when he is arrested*

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Fayose should be invited too, the thug needs to clear his thuggish reputation from the ekitigate brouhaha.

Btw I seriously believe that this is the handiwork of fayose. He want the police to arrest aluko because the man exposed his dirty secrets. lolx fayose have suddenly forgot that the NPF is controlled by the executives(buhari). I laugh grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by MayorofLagos(m): 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
Why is court issuing an order of arrest? This is not their job.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by ozoigbondu: 5:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
What was he expecting .........lock that unstable man away and throw away the key

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Realhommie(m): 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Definitely he has to answer some questions but I smell something not right here.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by StOla: 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Fayose has finally played into the trap set for him.

If I remember correctly, Salisu Buhari (of the Buhari Toronto fame) resigned as speaker and faced perjury and forgery charges in 1999. When judgement was given, he was sentenced to a couple of months each per charge or N2000 each in lieu which he opted for.

Aluko will definitely be found guilty and sentenced with an option of very cheap fine as our outrageous laws allow. In finding him guilty, Fayose and his co planners and financial facilitators would have condemned themselves to criminal prosecution with the same evidences that serve to condemn Aluko for his recant as perjury.

Aluko is a suicide bomber. He has no intention of surviving his own attack. He will be destroyed, but many must go with him.

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by ozoigbondu: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Fayose should be invited too, the thug needs to clear his thuggish reputation from the ekitigate brouhaha.
Section 308 of the constitution provides for executive immunity but that tuko guy should get ready to answer some questions in jail

15 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by bankyblue(m): 5:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
Shoot him at sight

*modify* thanks

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by shorxynla(m): 5:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
bankyblue:
Shoot him at site

Haba! Tori olorun

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Cadamlk: 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
Fayose is really enjoying his immunity at moment.But he should understand he has to guide his utterances because nothing last forever.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Section 308 of the constitution provides for executive immunity but that tuko guy should get ready to answer some questions in jail
Forget that immunity thing jare. If the real executives(president & his cabinet) want to deal with a seating governor, there won't be any immunity to safe his _ass. Remember what Obasanjo did to the then governor of plateau state, Joshua dariye?

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by shorxynla(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
This is a type of Arrest i called Kakistomobocrazy

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by ozoigbondu: 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Forget that immunity thing jare. If the real executives(president & his cabinet) want to deal with a seating governor, there won't be any immunity to safe his _ass. Remember what Obasanjo did to the then governor of plateau state, Joshua dariye?
My point is he cannot be legally prosecuted even if he shoots that tuko guy in the face on live tc

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
ozoigbondu:
My point is he cannot be legally prosecuted even if he shoots that tuko guy in the face on live tc
Are you for real? Guy, the laws of the land supercedes any kinda silly immunity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by peacengine(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lolz, great news
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by ozoigbondu: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Are you for real? Guy, the laws of the land supercedes any kinda silly immunity.
The law of the land protects an elected official from all criminal and civil prosecution

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by vikacydevato(m): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
The hammer of justice is falling.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Kastonkastroll(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
ozoigbondu:
The law of the land protects an elected official from all criminal and civil prosecution
hoax man. There are certain offenses you will commit as a governor and believe me, you will be strip of that immunity that is protecting you and be prosecuted. You can't go on a killing spree just because you are a seating governor and expect the law to fold its hands and do nothing. Let me tell you, if buhari wants to deal with fayose today, no silly immunity can protect him.
Dude we are talking about ultimate power here, the power of can do and will do.

9 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Godjone(m): 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
kalokalo abi aloko, u are finished. He should start preparing for watery beans in ekiti prisons.

Uselesss old f.o.ol.

Meanwhile, wetin mod do me last two weeks still dey fresh for my mind.
I hand the mod over to sango the god of thunder

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by ozoigbondu: 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
hoax man. There are certain offenses you will commit as a governor and believe me, you will be strip of that immunity that is protecting you and be prosecuted. You can't go on a killing spree just because you are a seating governor and expect the law to fold its hands and do nothing. Let me tell you, if buhari wants to deal with fayose today, no silly immunity can protect him.
Dude we are talking about ultimate power here, the power of can do and will do.
There is nothing that can be done to the elected official protected by the immunity clause as long as he is still in power

The law does not deal on sentiment and nothing will strip the official of the immunity as it is enshrined in the constitution

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by HHANDM: 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
It is expected.

Aluko ought to have reported himself at the nearest police station after that interview on channels television.

The people he was trying to help by singing like a canary wouldn't save him from his self destruction.

Perjury is a crime and he should be ready to do the time behind bars.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by shorxynla(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
Godjone:
kalokalo abi aloko, u are finished. He should start preparing for watery beans in ekiti prisons.

Uselesss old f.o.ol.

Meanwhile, wetin mod do me last two weeks still dey fresh for my mind.
I hand the mod over to sango the god of thunder

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
stupid man, dug his own grave!

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by basileze: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Good News! Let him face the law.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by steppin: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
You're wrong. He's protected by immunity, but he can be impeached.

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
GOOD FOR HIM BUT U CANT BE A.....
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by M4gunners: 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Gbam now they are talking. Now he will have a better chance to continue calling names. He is a betrayer.

9 Likes

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Diaryofnaija: 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
So where are those people that were saying he cannot be tried becos he did not say it to a police man.

Iranu!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: 4 Methods Corrupt Nigerians Use To Steal Nigeria's Money / Zaria Residents Burn APC Brooms (Photos) / CBN To Remove Up Tier-1 Accounts Not Linked To BVN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.