Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned (887 Views)

Fredrick Nwabufo: Chimamanda Adichie Will Lead Women To ‘Hell’ / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Client From Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned by MilosMaxta: 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED
I never understood this phrase by William Congreve until I had a first-hand experience. This advice goes to all guys out there who are chasing their dreams and battling on the field of love too. Stop!!! You can’t serve two masters, especially in the 21st century where the demands of Darwinism stopped being genetic and phenotypic, we are in a materialistic world, stop looking for a way round it, deal with it.
Any might disagree with my assertion however hearing my stories might change some minds where as it might harden some hearts, however, the universal law of attraction states that “to attract the kind of person, occurrence, thing or place you want, you have to be the person who deserves these.” In short, be the right kind of man so you can attract the right kind of woman. I wish I took my advice but… Anyhow just listen to my story.
It was a lovely day, the sun was shining just right, and the wind was blowing perfectly. Hum who am I kidding; it was raining cats and dogs and I was soaking wet, as if the signs were not clear enough but then a car had to spray me with what I hope was just water, dust and asphalt, I was in para mode (angry, confused, irritated) and was freezing but I knew my bed was only about 2 km away as I walked from Botanical Gardens to Zik Hall in the University, I guess I got the message, she stood me up, Brenda was definitely not into me and of course I was blinded by her beauty and her charm and I failed to notice the grey clouds when I was leaving my hall, maybe it was the rain that delayed her, she could have called, maybe her battery died, but we’ve had light all day, maybe it was an emergency lectures, naa we just ended exams last week… Ok James stop, you’ve been abandoned in the rain by a beautiful girl… Jeez wait till my roommates hear this… Any way while this monologue was going on in my head, someone walked up to me and offered to share her umbrella, was to engrossed in my internal crisis to notice that nothing was dropping on my head anymore, when I finally looked down to see the person who just made my day, I was stunned, she was… … … … hum… what do you call someone who makes Sofia Vergara look like a 4, yes she looked exquisite… my mind was in over drive, like… wait ooo this girl fine ooo, why the hell is she in the rain, why the heck did the rain decide to fall while she was walking, Is this weather mad? I was only able to mutter something I hoped sounded like Thank you. Yes I was astonished by her beauty but I’m not going to be fooled by that anymore, I mean what got me into this predicament in the first place. So I did what I always did when I was afraid of getting hurt again, I put myself in the Jamie Bubble where everything is alright.
I was having one of the worst days of my life when Miss Gorgeous waltzed into my life with her little blue umbrella which saved me from depression and possibly pneumonia, while I was sulking in my Jamie Bubble, she decided to indulge in a conversation and she asked me the most obvious question in the world… Why are you wet, in my mind I was like… seriously? I answered in the most obnoxious way in the history of obnoxious ways… Jeez I don’t know, there was a change in temperature and the water vapour changed into water and wala!!! I’m wet. I half expected her to storm off with her little blue umbrella but instead she laughed, not the scornful laughter of annoying overconfident brats but a warm heartfelt laughter and in a flash, my bubble burst… I smiled and said I’m sorry; I’m just having an off day. And she asked me to tell her about my off day and I happily obliged without leaving out the dramatics and then I asked her why the rain decided to fall while she was in it, she then told me about how her exboyfriend Frank invited her to lunch only to introduce her to Brenda (This I did not know at the time.) I was glad not because she was single but because we connected… our conversation drifted from our life to Greek myths to urban legend, music, I mean we were like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I didn’t realized when we passed Zik, she didn’t realize when we passed Idia, I think it was when we saw the silvery reflections of the Awba Dam that we realized how far we had walked. So I just had the best conversation I’ve ever had with any person in my life and I realized that I didn’t know her mane and so I asked… I’m Anabella and you are?... I’m James but you can call me Jamie… Alright James… nice to meet you. And then it hit me, we’ll have to say our goodbyes soon, so I restarted the conversation in my head and I started asking myself if I was going to ask for her number, this war went on for eons in my head until she told me she wanted to talk sometime later and asked me for my number… wait what!!! 08135768889… I’ll call, she smiled and walked into the gates of the Queen Idia Hall. Anabella and I have been together now for close to 2 years and she’s unarguably the best thing that has happened to me.
Gotcha… I know you were expecting a story about breakups and how it’s better to choose your dreams over a girl… Naa, love is awesome and with love soaked gaari tastes like ice cream but it’s even better with ice cream, fall in love and chase your dreams, they are both important and Yes, there are girls who make you feel like the smartest and the most brilliant man in the world and there are guys who will make a girl feel both beautiful and intelligent, wait for that… Don’t be material, in some years from now, a prada bag won’t make anyone happy.
THIS WORK IS A WORK OF FICTION, I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY CHARACTERS THAT HAVE ANY AFFLIATIONS TO PEOPLE, PLACES OR THINGS THAT EXIST IN REAL LIFE, IT WAS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. THANK YOU.
Milos Maxta

1 Like

Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned by Applaner: 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
cool
Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned by PHEMIEY(m): 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmm...James is a lucky guy o...

1 Like

Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned by ladyF(f): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
grin
Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 04, 2016
Wow ...just wow
Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2016
Voting closes by 11pm today. Hurry and vote for your favourite story of the month.

https://www.nairaland.com/2906633/literature-sections-story-month-award/1#42605785

(1) (Reply)

Chiamanda Adichie Picture Exclusive. / A Romance With Sister Rebecca / The Adventure Of A Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.