Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections (46318 Views)

Obasanjo And Ikpeazu At Economic Summit In Enugu (Photos) / Emmanuel Udom And Akpabio Visit Super Eagles / BREAKING NEWS! Supreme Court Upholds Udom Emmanuel's Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Travejyke(m): 12:00am On Feb 04, 2016
ajebuter:
Chai.. No oyel money for APC oh

Owo wogbo oh ( money don enter bush oh)
grin
grin

All of you are happy now oh. Tomorrow if it favours APC don't complain oh.lol
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Beadex1(m): 12:00am On Feb 04, 2016
wiseone28:

I think it was Oro's turn since Eket is still ibibio
THERE IS STILL TIME BRO......
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by evy1(m): 12:02am On Feb 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin E be like sai buhari go dey do this him traveling more often oo during court judgment.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by dikeigbo2(m): 12:07am On Feb 04, 2016
chukwudi44:
Chai!! NgeneUKWU would not sleep this night!!

She has already hugged a transformer grin
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Xtranoble: 12:09am On Feb 04, 2016
a big congrats sir

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by ceeethru(m): 12:22am On Feb 04, 2016
One cannot come to court to argue two cases, that there was no election while at the same time claiming highest votes cast. Neither also, that card reader should be the basics for a vote caster while the card reader was not in the electoral act. That a candidate did not pass through primary in his or her respective party while the arguer comes from another party. These are errors the APCs could not think out clearly before going to court and bribing their ways through tribunal to appeal court. Now, the supreme Court have cleared their confusion from time immemorial, setting a clear judgement. APC should learn how to prepare themselves before election and as well present electable candidates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Teespice(f): 12:37am On Feb 04, 2016
you lot screaming APC and PDP...... una try.

you seem to forget that for the supreme Court to uphold the elections of ikpeazu and emmanuel was based on the evidences adduced by both parties right from the tribunal which I feel may not have been fully substantiated by the respondents which in this instance is APC.

anyway, the verdict is final. jubilation toh sure.

tolusan, waiting for the gist. no disappoint me.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by reallest(f): 12:54am On Feb 04, 2016
PDP power to the looters
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Taryur3(m): 1:54am On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=Akaujaa post=42597612]Imagine if the APC had won this case using the federal might, people would have rained curses on Buhari and APC, accusing them of stampeding the opposition. Now, what baffles me is that people are still cursing Buhari and APC, even though the judgement favoured their party candidate. What do people really want or do they think that the APC-led government is weak and so cannot dictate or manipulate the supreme court? I think Buhari means well for Nigeria.[/quote
You talk shit and I pity your poor soul.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by 1009ja: 2:25am On Feb 04, 2016
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by tomakint: 2:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Observant:
I am deeply, deeply saddened by Abia State News.
Not my state of origin but the state that raised me.

This is really really sad.
Hey bro long time, why are you not happy for Abia, anyhow celebrate bro. Afterall no be APC win cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by integrity504(m): 3:17am On Feb 04, 2016
Monimatic:
Long Live PDP

Osun State is for APC

Niger Delta is for PDP

South East is for PDP

PDP....POWER

proudly a wailing wailer

Every Supreme Court Victory for PDP was hit back to back from Wike to Ikpeazu to Udom

ko ni dafun APC

PDP ti takeover

APC zombies food is ready
...who told u DAT osun is for APC....DAT waz then but now DAT aregbesola has brought half salary, full TAX formula pple shouting 2018 election they ar fully ready to change the changers.....
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by playtheblues(f): 4:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Amen!

TippyTop:
This proves APC have been using Court of Appeal and Election Tribunals to get what they couldn't get at the ballot box.

APC are only wasting their time trying to force us into Arewa Peoples Congress (APC)
APC can never win any state in the SS, Edo state would follow suit later this year.

We reject APC and all it stands for.

Thank God we have an incorruptible Supreme Court.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by playtheblues(f): 4:15am On Feb 04, 2016
If it's umbrella they want we can donate one to them but they must first of all burn all their evil brooms.

Udom is so right it's not even funny.

UDOM is right.

Dakada!!!

Monimatic:
Long Live PDP

Osun State is for APC

Niger Delta is for PDP

South East is for PDP

PDP....POWER

proudly a wailing wailer

Every Supreme Court Victory for PDP was hit back to back from Wike to Ikpeazu to Udom

ko ni dafun APC

PDP ti takeover

APC zombies food is ready
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Zurielistic: 5:16am On Feb 04, 2016
This is worth celebrating.

Udom is right. Congrats to Udom!

On the other hand, that good-for-nothing (except stealing) he-goat Umana Okon Umana can go back to village stream and drown himself. After all, we hate him already.

So, justice still prevails in Nigeria!!!

God bless GOVERNOR Udom Emmanuel.

God bless Akwa Ibom.

God bless Nigeria.

God bless me.

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by ChrisGnarly: 5:30am On Feb 04, 2016
Ok oo! For those of u that are not happy especially wt abia state outcome,... Which other court will u be heading to? (There was no election and at d same time u want d court to declear u winner. My problem wt Otti is that he is deperate!! Let him rush and collect his billions paid to the appeal court, and try again in 2023!

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by pinkcita: 5:40am On Feb 04, 2016
ceeethru:
One cannot come to court to argue two cases, that there was no election while at the same time claiming highest votes cast. Neither also, that card reader should be the basics for a vote caster while the card reader was not in the electoral act. That a candidate did not pass through primary in his or her respective party while the arguer comes from another party. These are errors the APCs could not think out clearly before going to court and bribing their ways through tribunal to appeal court. Now, the supreme Court have cleared their confusion from time immemorial, setting a clear judgement. APC should learn how to prepare themselves before election and as well present electable candidates.
I don't get you
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Reference(m): 6:00am On Feb 04, 2016
Mixed feelings. The only real point in my view is the increasing assertiveness of the courts particularly the supreme court. To rule against the 'ruling' party time and again is no cake walk in a budding democracy. Just as I praised Jonathan I also praise Buhari for continuing the trend of non-interferance. It is the best legacy he can leave, the building and strengthening of institutions. The PDP should not rejoice just yet. The power curve states that those governors will have a torrid time trying to hang unto their mandates and any that does not perform will definitely lose it to the opposition come 2019.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by babafirst(m): 6:06am On Feb 04, 2016
TippyTop:
This proves APC have been using Court of Appeal and Election Tribunals to get what they couldn't get at the ballot box.

APC are only wasting their time trying to force us into Arewa Peoples Congress (APC)
APC can never win any state in the SS, Edo state would follow suit later this year.

We reject APC and all it stands for.

Thank God we have an incorruptible Supreme Court.

Chai,which kain primary school reasoning be this nau?Because supreme court has ruled in favour of PDP it now means APC has been using the lower courtsHabaaa,I know you are excited in victory but this is totally unintelligible now.If any level of the judiciary should be close to the government it's the supreme court .I am not saying you should praise APC or PMB for this ruling because the judiciary has been and will always be a separate arm of govt hence APC has nothing to do with the judiciary at all levels.Now to the supreme court ruling,the final authority on interpretation of law has spoken and it is final.My PDP people celebrate and wine but allow the wine to clear from your head before you come to Nairaland and comment so you don't talk upside down.Meanwhile for me it's Sai Baba(I know say wailers no wan hear that lol )

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by babafirst(m): 6:08am On Feb 04, 2016
Reference:
Mixed feelings. The only real point in my view is the increasing assertiveness of the courts particularly the supreme court. To rule against the 'ruling' party time and again is no cake walk in a budding democracy. Just as I praised Jonathan I also praise Buhari for continuing the trend of non-interferance. It is the best legacy he can leave, the building and strengthening of institutions. The PDP should not rejoice just yet. The power curve states that those governors will have a torrid time trying to hang unto their mandates and any that does not perform will definitely lose it to the opposition come 2019.
Gbammmm.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 04, 2016
Travejyke:

Oga I hope you will make this same statement if the judgement goes the way of APC in future.
Check my profile. I am not for PDP or APC. I am for equality and rule of law. The fact that PDP did a lot of things wrong should not implied that their members should be denied justice.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Abagworo(m): 6:20am On Feb 04, 2016
After people made enemies fighting for politicians, the politicians make back door settlements using supreme court as front. Jega used the card reader for one purpose and that purpose was achieved. What a waste .

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Izontubo(m): 6:40am On Feb 04, 2016
While I am happy that the Supreme Court upheld the elections for akwa ibom and abia thereby ensuring strong opposition I am still sad that politics in nigeria is now strictly one of hate and tribal bigotry..

True federalism will really liberate this country...We wouldn't worry about which tribe the president comes from or the party,what we will worry about more are policies that each government plans to execute for the benefit of all...now its all about zone and tribe ....too bad...

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Pidggin(f): 7:07am On Feb 04, 2016
Truckpusher:
Abeg, pidggin shift small make this our brother follow us siddon look as NgeneUkwenu dey cry . cheesy

I hear say NgeneUkwenu faint yesterday, after she go hug transformer, dem rush am go clinic, I still dey wait for latest update grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by brofula(m): 7:08am On Feb 04, 2016
Meringe:
Injustice in Abia case. Otti won the election. Even Ikpeazu knows that.
boy go and hug high tension. God has the final say. Abia needs good governance.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Pidggin:

I hear say NgeneUkwenu faint yesterday, after she go hug transformer, dem rush am go clinic, I still dey wait for latest update

Just woke up to see thousands of mentions and I was asking why? If you guys weren't lazy, you should have seen my comments yesterday even before the Supreme court judgments...
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Mentcee(m): 7:12am On Feb 04, 2016
I said it. God is very much alive.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Akaujaa(m): 7:28am On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=Taryur3 post=42600415][/quote]
Go suck your mum's boobs child and stop crying.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Udom And Ikpeazu's Elections by Teespice(f): 7:29am On Feb 04, 2016
ceeethru:

exactly.

as per your first paragraph, you couldn't have said it any better.

a petitioner cannot come to court and ask that he be declared winner of an election and at the same time ask that the election be null and void based on irregularities.

I feel the respondents had a good case, however their lawyers messed things up. the court gives judgments based on evidence adduced at the trial.

that is why sometimes I laugh when people tend to go overly analytical on issues they know zilch about. if the courts give judgments and award costs based on sentiments, morality or public opinion, then I wonder what would be in store for the judiciary.

the key to winning any case at all is having a good lawyer who knows his onions. it is not by hiring all the SANS in the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo And President Macron Of France At G7 Summit (Photo) / Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Welcomed In America In 1961 / Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.