Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! (6001 Views)

The Wrong Perception Of African Women About Marriage. / They Leave Me The Moment I Tell Them My Story. Should I Hide The Truth? / Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by YourCoffin: 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
fem29:

Hmmm I doubt there is any marriage that you do not have to work on. Open your ears now, marriage is bloody hard work, don't believe fairy tales. No matter how much you love someone, it is hard to be married to them , trust!

Which is why it should be stripped and exposed for what it's trully is. A battle front where there's constant power play. Why desire to keep fighting a battle till one dies?
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 06, 2016
YourCoffin:

Which is why it should be stripped and exposed for what it's trully is. A battle front where there's constant power play. Why desire to keep fighting a battle till one dies?

Yes you do battle and fight but hopefully if you have married the right person, in the end ,with wisdom, patience, compromise and acceptance in the end you learn to accept each other for what you are and try to make it work.

Me and my hubby have battled and fought and almost ended it, in the end a lot of people have had to get involved and counsel us . There is no perfect marriage, we have had to adjust our expectations and appreciate ourselves more. There is no happy ever after, just moments and times that make it all worthwhile, we carry on grin
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am not afraid and I am sorry to say it but I don't need your lessons either. I used to think like most of you do here. I dropped this attitude some time ago. My marriage does not require hard work. It works perfectly because we enjoy it by appreciating each other. No effort! Ease!

I guess that is what I have learned recently, appreciate hubby for what he is and live with what he isn't, and he has learnt not to brush aside my feelings. grin

1 Like

Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by LordReed(m): 8:14am On Feb 06, 2016
YourCoffin:

Yes.

You don't work hard and enjoy. You work hard to enjoy.

LoL. From your posts it seems you believe marriage should be sunshine and rainbows with nary a dark cloud or tear.

Who in this life never faces challenges please?

Is it courtship that will solve the challenges you face as a married couple?
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by crackhaus: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
YourCoffin:

Yes.

You don't work hard and enjoy. You work hard to enjoy.
Semantics bro, semantics...

You're basically saying the same thing.
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by Ewuro4: 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

I am Specter, Lit ain't got nothing on me. grin
grin grin
Harvey ALMIGHTY sef is currently in distress (FBI web) and 'working hard' to keep his seal or whatever.

Behind every successful story is Hardwork and perseverance- FACT.
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by Ewuro4: 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
YourCoffin:

Sorry bro.. Sad but true , life's a battle as a whole. There're constant power plays , competitors , obstacles, or just random beefers whom loathe at your happiness. You just don't sit there, you FIGHT. (not literally )

Except you enjoy your status quo and don't have the desire to move up in life. Then no worries.

Hope you realize I'm not only making reference to marriage alone.
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by LordReed(m): 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ewuro4:

grin grin
Harvey ALMIGHTY sef is currently in distress (FBI web) and 'working hard' to keep his seal or whatever.

Oh men I am so behind!

Behind every successful story is Hardwork and perseverance- FACT.

Apparently some of us are almighty Marvel comic characters.
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by Ewuro4: 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

Oh men I am so behind!
Only 2 episodes gone, found out when I checked my dvr last week , gosh! every scene is a nail-biter.

Apparently some of us are almighty Marvel comic characters.
Obviously grin
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by LordReed(m): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ewuro4:

Only 2 episodes gone, found out when I checked my dvr last week , gosh! every scene is a nail-biter.

Lucky you, I'm still in season 3 embarassed
Re: A Must Read!!! 12 Hardcore Truth About Marriage! !!!! by Ewuro4: 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
LordReed:

Lucky you, I'm still in season 3 embarassed

You'll get there.. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Wants A Divorce / The Role Of A Father In The Home / 20 Yr Old Woman Gets Pregnant By 13 Year Old Boy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.