Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer (9226 Views)

Thread For Cashew Nuts Traders 2017 Season. / Business Plan And Proposal For Cashew Nuts Trading for Local traders & Exporters / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by divineappo(m): 12:40am On Feb 23, 2016
invinzible1:
We got buyers too.. But we are looking for Whre to get at a cheaper rate.. The way RCN is skyrocketing like dollars
i have 2015 RCN in oyo state. price plus delivery is #140k per tonne. If u av buyers for last year 2015 crop. Call me 09095500809
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
dav8id:

See what we have ...Raw cashew nut.. About 16 trucks available...

See the freshness of the golden nuts. I love CASHew
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
My question for the house
300k per ton for RCN in ogbomosho?
How long will this be?
What has dollar/naira has to do with it?
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by dav8id(m): 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
hotmas911:
My question for the house
300k per ton for RCN in ogbomosho?
How long will this be?
What has dollar/naira has to do with it?
how much rubber paint of cashew sold at ogbomosho
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
[quote author=dav8id post=43221306]
how much rubber paint of cashew sold at ogbomosho [/quo]
Rubber paint is 400naira as at this morning
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by divineappo(m): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
hotmas911:
Cashew as never been this high like this in the cashew history in Nigeria. Crude oil is crashing. Cashew is soaring. Let's see how it goes. Its a new dawn for cashew farmers. You will only have yourself to blame if you are doing nothing to cash in on this phenomenon
i dont know why pple take delight in greedily inflating prices of local commodities, we discourage foreign buyers to go buy from other african countries, its wrong and its greed that makes dealers sell commodities in d local market using international price. The govt shuld establish an agency that will regulate d prices of agro products. The greed of we... nigerians is the bane of nigeria's progress.
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by dav8id(m): 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
[quote author=hotmas911 post=43240000][/quote]
I guess you gave a guess answer
in my location rubber paint go for #650
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by gowaga68: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
Whats the current price for a ton?
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by GerogeI(m): 7:30am On Feb 26, 2016
Hello House, I have been studying this business recently. Something baffles me though? Why are you all so focused on selling unprocessed cashew nuts to India and Vietnam, who process and the sell to US and EU? What am I missing in the logic that does not favour processing to meet EU and US standards?
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by divineappo(m): 8:57am On Feb 26, 2016
GerogeI:
Hello House, I have been studying this business recently. Something baffles me though? Why are you all so focused on selling unprocessed cashew nuts to India and Vietnam, who process and the sell to US and EU? What am I missing in the logic that does not favour processing to meet EU and US standards?
because its d nature of nigerians to go the easy way. They dont want to go thru d stress of processing it. In addition, the machine for processing it requires some good money to acquire it, and most farmers cant afford it, a partner company in china sells and ships to nigeria.
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by kraftykc(m): 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Hotmas, please send me a msg. I need cashews ASAP. 09032150873
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by Yinkash100(m): 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2016
GerogeI:

I have also been studying the business though i'm not yet a farmer. Cashew processing is not an easy job expecially If you are processing for commercial purpose. D case contain some harsh acid which can spoil d nut if processed unprofessionally. Though there are machines that process these nut but which of nigerian farmers can afford it. Even india export their Cashew unprocessed. I think Brazil are doing well in processing.
It will generate more money if farmers can come together to set up Cashew processing plants. But where is the electricity to run it? (will they loose all their gain on powering d plant? abi d market will pay for their losses? ).

I think its best left that way
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by Yinkash100(m): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
divineappo:
i dont know why pple take delight in greedily inflating prices of local commodities, we discourage foreign buyers to go buy from other african countries, its wrong and its greed that makes dealers sell commodities in d local market using international price. The govt shuld establish an agency that will regulate d prices of agro products. The greed of we... nigerians is the bane of nigeria's progress.

i think this market follow normal economics. Just like oil, the producers are few compared to the consumers and d price is being controlled by demand and supply.
If much Cashew is in circulation, d price will fall and vice versa.

Mind you international commodities dont need price regulation because before the government can regulate price of a commodity. The government price should either benefit both the buyer and d seller (else they are ready to loose valuable tax payer(d company)) or they will be willing to subsidise such commodity (i.e paying part of d price so d buyers will pay just a fraction of it).
I stand to be corrected, i'm not an economist
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by Yinkash100(m): 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2016
My own question. Farmers that produce Cashew in large quantity in nigeria, what do dey use the fruit for?
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by biookuta(m): 7:03am On Mar 09, 2016
what is d cost of dis plastic measure?
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 8:30am On Mar 10, 2016
GerogeI:

Your observation was right. That is why the cashew cultivation project in Ogbomosho is not just about planting but plans are also in place for processing.
What is needed is a delibrate coalision of investors to take this as a common goal.
Right now there are flexible plans of owning a cashew plantation.
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by KOOLOBIM: 12:22am On Mar 11, 2016
Hello House.
I have the best grade Cashew in west Africa for sale at N200k per tonne.
Just bring your Truck, and we load.
Any quantity you want is available for now.
We supply to big merchants in Lagos, India etc.
Sample available also.
Call me: +234 802 527 5700
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by KOOLOBIM: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
I have available the best grade of Cashew nuts from Abia state selling at N200k per ton.
Interested? Call: +234 802 527 5700.
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by ahaz: 11:54pm On Mar 11, 2016
gowaga68:

Waiting to see the official price from Ogbomosho then ask from Nasarawa and Taraba.
pls how can I join the business.am fro kogi state and we have akot of plantations,wasting..so I need buyers for it I can give a fair deal.
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 8:06am On Mar 16, 2016
My people, how is trading so far? Share your experience please.
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by gboisgroups(m): 8:54am On Mar 16, 2016
get your cashew nut and soya beans at an affordable @ gbois farm.
and delivery to your door step.
for more info contact us @
tel: 08071638140, 07014637894
e-mail: gboisgroups@gmail.co
[left][/left][center][/center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]m

Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by gboisgroups(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2016
e-mail: gboisgroups@gmail.com
[left][/left][center][/center][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]m

Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by gboisgroups(m): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2016
we are not a scammer, we sale genuine product for our suppliers and collect money on delivery

Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by gboisgroups(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2016
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 8:26am On Mar 18, 2016
Every challenge we face in the course of our trading this season is a potential opportunity.
Don't just look at the problem, see the opportunity.
Ogbomosho is alive with the trade and most importantly CASHEW cultivation. YOU CAN BE PART OF IT TOO.
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
How is trading today?
Land preparation at their final stages for new planting season especially for new Cashew farmers.
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 9:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
What is cashew saying in Kogi? I saw a buyer ready to buy at 310,000 per ton while a seller is insisting on 370,000 per ton for dry weight here in Ogbomosho
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by ab3458(m): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Hey guys I've been trying to get information on this business, cos where I stay in lafia I see truck loads of it leaving the town every morning on my way to work!! After the holidays will make inquires in the market
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by dav8id(m): 11:18am On Mar 26, 2016
#280,000 in lafia
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
Interesting season
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
The end of another cashew season is fast approaching, let's use this time to talk about cultivation and maintenance.

Follow closely
Re: A Thread For Cashew Nuts Merchants And Farmer by hotmas911(m): 8:51am On Apr 01, 2016
Happy new month to all cashew farmers and traders.

May the land remain fertile and the crops viable.

Follow us as we experiment Air-Layering on our cashew trees. I'm sure you will enjoy it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agritropic New Product: Precision Seeder And Tsukill. / Why Does Irish Potato Grow ONLY In Plateau State / Nigeria Loses N380bn Annually From Cashew Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.