Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:41 PM

Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? (2401 Views)

Abiriba Man To Marry Two Ladies Same Day In Abia (Photos) / Shocking!!! Girl Go Completely Unclad To Celebrate Valentine. See Pics (18+) / The Best Way To Celebrate Valentine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 04, 2016
I'm just curious.
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 04, 2016
Rainess:
I'm just curious.

Valentine's day is celebrated everywhere. Asking if they do in Nigeria is ridiculous as it sounds.
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Amefrica:

Valentine's day is celebrated everywhere. Asking if they do in Nigeria is ridiculous as it sounds.

It's a commercialized holiday invented to sell chocolate and flowers. I didn't know if it existed everywhere.
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:28am On Feb 04, 2016
Rainess:

It's a commercialized holiday invented to sell chocolate and flowers. I didn't know if it existed everywhere.
Nigerians now celebrate halloween.

Use google before asking certain questions that makes you look stu.pid. angry
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 04, 2016
Actually it's celebrated by the ppol who are sooooo in love regardless where they came from...
In general the world is celebrating it grin
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 04, 2016
Rainess:

Couldn't be any more wrong.
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 04, 2016
KashyBaby:
Actually it's celebrated by the ppol who are sooooo in love regardless where they came from...
In general the world is celebrating it grin

You actually do not have to be so in love to celebrate Valentine's day. You could celebrate it with a friend or even a stranger!
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by agarawu23(m): 5:33am On Feb 04, 2016
Question for the gods
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:44am On Feb 04, 2016
Amefrica:

You actually do not have to be so in love to celebrate Valentine's day. You could celebrate it with a friend or even a stranger!

Lol...celebrating with a stranger? Oohh hell no for me...
And what if all ur friends are into a relationship? Ofcurz they wanted privacy as well & they don't want chaperone for sure.
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 04, 2016
KashyBaby:

Lol...celebrating with a stranger? Oohh hell no for me...
And what if all ur friends are into a relationship? Ofcurz they wanted privacy as well & they don't want chaperone for sure.

Haha I know what you mean for sure. If you are single you can ask anyone to be your Valentine, and both of you can exchange gifts or go somewhere together and have fun, like a cinema or somewhere. Being someone's valentine does not mean you guys have to date afterwards, you feel me? wink
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Merlissa(f): 6:02am On Feb 04, 2016
It's an over rated celebration here in Nigeria.. E remain small let God make that day red (literally) as everyone wear red from hair to toe..

It's also a day were girls prophesy fake love all in the name to get expensive gifts from their boos and in return they buy just boxers (not that it's bad) but for the boo who bought perfume, chocolate, bags etc.. Haba na... the girl should try biko

It's also a day were some loose their virginity (both male and female) after a romantic outing and the p setting was on point

Thank God this year it falls on a Sunday.. Am sure the church would be RED!!

grin grin cheesy
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by skedy1(m): 6:29am On Feb 04, 2016
This year na church sure pass....Attending all!
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 04, 2016
Rainess:

Finally I freaking hate valentine its highly capitalist and meant to promote chocolate as you said now businesses are trying to tap into that capitalist conspiracy and milk people. Ave seen a real estate post some valentine ads. I hate the event its meant to pressure couple to a materialistic and a warped sense of display of love by attributing expensive gift to real love. F.cuk valentine days anyway will be watching Deadpool that day. angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 04, 2016
Dumb af
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by johnydon22(m): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2016
Nope i don't.. everyday is lovers day as long as bae is concerned. So we already treat US too special valentines holds nothing new
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by fearlesschicken: 1:01am On Feb 07, 2016
I don't celebrate. In fact i don't believe in the concept of one day affection and love. It's just plain silly.

Why choose a day to celebrate and show love to people around you?

When you can do that everyday? Human beings and misplaced priorities undecided
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:55am On Feb 07, 2016
What do Jews know about love? Y'all niggas done raping Corporate America and fucking everyone in the Middle East? undecided
Re: Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day In Nigeria? by Chydobe: 8:23am On Feb 14, 2018
"If you noticed, you cannot spell Valentine without the word "lent". Well, I didn't start it. It has been there all along".

History has it that February has been a month of romance, Valentine's day celebration is surrounded with the mystery of both the Roman tradition and Christianity. However, all the romantic gestures as celebrated on the 14th day of February are all in the name of St. Valentine.

Who is St. Valentine? A priest of the Roman Catholic church who decided to break the rule of Emperor Claudius II (Emperor Claudius figured out that single men were better at war than men with wives and families. He therefore banned young men from getting married) and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret.

When the Emperor found out about his acts, he was martyred.

Another story has it that the first Valentine's day greeting was made by St. Valentine who fell in love with a young girl who seemed to be the daughter of his jailer. Before his death, she received a letter from Valentine which was...

Click on link below to read full article

http://www.newzified.com/valentines-day-2018-meaning-valentine%e2%94%82va-lent-ine-ash-wednesday/

(1) (Reply)

Husband Shocked As He Saw His Dead Wife On LIVE TV / Introverts,how Did You Deal Or Scale Through Your Introductions And Engagements? / Love Sunday: Greatest Love Quotes By Bob Marley in Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.