Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

First Bank Laid Off Their Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank Laid Off Their Staff (27455 Views)

UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Nairasurplus(m): 6:58am On Feb 04, 2016
It is confirmed that First Bank of Nigeria Plc has sacked all their secretries in all their branches. The reason is that they are of no use to the bank. But why this time? Why were they employed at the first place?
You can confirmed from any First Bank Staff.

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 04, 2016
Too bad!
All hope is not lost sha..........The best is yet to come....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Donald3d(m): 7:17am On Feb 04, 2016
God pls help Naija's economy ,you wont blame them na(put yourself in their shoes),they are trying to cut cost at all cost,i pray the economy gets better.God bless Nigeria.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Merlissa(f): 7:20am On Feb 04, 2016
It's true...

A friend told me

It's well

7 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 04, 2016
This 2016 has been very Harsh so far

and a lot of People Predicted such hardship but I thought they were just being Prophets of Doom but Now I see clearly

12 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Ambi25: 7:24am On Feb 04, 2016
economic down turn
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by fulfillbill(m): 7:39am On Feb 04, 2016
This is what happens when there are a lot of uncertainties in an economy...investors are holding their money because the economy is volatile which leads to redundancy in companies laying off workers.

Solution Pumping more money in the economy, so that economic activities will rise, values created, investments increase, companies profit, they hire more labour.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Frank3n2(m): 7:51am On Feb 04, 2016
Oya let GEJ be blamed angry

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Philadelphia: 8:21am On Feb 04, 2016
It is true that First bank laid off a lot of their staff but it is a lot of top management staff and not secretaries.
I am 99.9% sure of this info. Please don't ask me how I got it lipsrsealed
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by slyzy(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2016
They laid them off after they have been laid

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2016
What type of secretary...modern day or traditional day

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Milliprime: 9:01am On Feb 04, 2016
We need to intensify our prayers for our dear country before it gets out of hand.

Even First bank, the issue is becoming serious and interesting.

Let our President do something and reduce travelling and manage the economy that needs urgent attention.

This is not time for politics please let us join hands to save our nation, APC cant do it alone.

May God Bless my country Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Polymath56: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2016
All these incessant n colossal retrenchments of employees in this country, when is dis anomaly going to stop? Gosh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by cutetopsey(f): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2016
shocked

This banking job is not reliable at all

Bankers should always have business as stand by options.......just saying anyway....

Check my signature for more details on how to get rid excess tummy fats

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Good News!!!

Blame it on GEJ.
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Kellyakon(f): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Eeh
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Monimatic(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Buharinomics ....Economy of CHANGE
we have been scammed

APC zombies come n blame Jonathan

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by dustydee: 9:59am On Feb 04, 2016
Nairasurplus:
It is confirmed that First Bank of Nigeria Plc has sacked all their secretries in all their branches. The reason is that they are of no use to the bank. But why this time? Why were they employed at the first place?
Regards
I guess it is part of their business reorganisation strategy. They were probably needed when they were employed but no longer needed. If you had a business I am sure you will not keep people on your payroll for a very long time if you feel they won't add value to your business. welcome to capitalism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Emekamex(m): 9:59am On Feb 04, 2016
The economy is in total shambles now and the present government are not helping matters. What the economy needs now is to be stimulated by pumping money into it through government projects, doing so will be a catalyst for private investors to follow suit.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Flets: 9:59am On Feb 04, 2016
We told them APC has no plans for Nigeria .... They said Buhari was the Messiah
We told that the lack of economic direction portrays doom for the economy .... They said Sai Buhari
We told them that Buhari declaring to the world that all Nigerians were corrupt would result in loss of investor confidence .... They called us wailers
We told them that delaying the appointment of ministers for 6 months will create a gap in the economy that cannot be easily closed .... They said Buhari can handle it all alone and does not need ministers
We told them that the financial policies of the APC govt was scaring investors and stifling investment ... they said Nigeria can do without the investors

Today, They are losing their jobs, losing their businesses, paying double for power supply, facing true hard times ..... and I sit back and ask, why are these zombies so dumb?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by nelsonguru: 10:00am On Feb 04, 2016
Sunami. Banks are bleeding. God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by closeup2000: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2016
that's the change we are talking about....

1 Like

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by APCcrimesHD: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2016
This is one of the wonders of "body odour".

Meeeeen, e be like say I go comot from this country till 2019 o...By then, things would become normal I guess.. grin

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by tambivi(m): 10:02am On Feb 04, 2016
hmm.... Baikal which way ??
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by brunofarad(m): 10:02am On Feb 04, 2016
Hmmm
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by myfantasies(f): 10:03am On Feb 04, 2016
Donald3d:
God pls help Naija's economy ,you wont blame them na(put yourself in their shoes),they are trying to cut cost at all cost,i pray the economy gets better.God bless Nigeria.
Dis is getting out of hand, it's really sad

No job, no money

Where r we heading to?
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Billygee2u: 10:03am On Feb 04, 2016
Nairasurplus:

Regards
they refused to see what waillers have seen before 2015 presidential election,let them now have more time to Internet, to shout sai baba.
suffering and smiling peeps,hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by ttemmi(m): 10:03am On Feb 04, 2016
SO
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by kennyman2000(m): 10:03am On Feb 04, 2016
chai! My sympathy to everyone who's a victim of the change that's getting changed. Its well!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by pretydiva(f): 10:04am On Feb 04, 2016
Dis isn't good at all embarassed
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by excel101(m): 10:04am On Feb 04, 2016
Nairasurplus:

Regards
na GEJ cause am- APC

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.