Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

First Bank Laid Off Their Staff - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank Laid Off Their Staff (27454 Views)

UBA Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does UBA Pay Their Staff? / See How We Were Stylishly Laid Off Due To The Ongoing Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by optional1(f): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Tnk God my boyfrnds in firstbank are not secrectary

1 Like

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by truthspeaks: 10:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Such hardship could be reduced if d govt of d day has clear policy direction. Right nw d only tin hapnin z d media trial/anti-corruption war. Other tins r @ a stand-still. No investor wld come into a biz environment wit well-defined conditions
DonUjay:
This 2016 has been very Harsh so far

and a lot of People Predicted such hardship but I thought they were just being Prophets of Doom but Now I see clearly
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Moahmed: 10:07am On Feb 04, 2016
Philadelphia:
It is true that First bank laid off a lot of their staff but it is a lot of top management staff and not secretaries.
I am 99.9% sure of this info. Please don't ask me how I got it lipsrsealed

secretaries were laid off in dec 2015, 31 service executive on 21st jan 2016 and on 1/2/2016 some very senior staff were laid off too from source.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by histemple: 10:08am On Feb 04, 2016
Nairasurplus:
It is confirmed that First Bank of Nigeria Plc has sacked all their secretries in all their branches. The reason is that they are of no use to the bank. But why this time? Why were they employed at the first place?
You can confirmed from any First Bank Staff.

Regards

It's not surprising because the Secretaries do absolutely nothing. They don't even travel with the managers for meetings.

Sometime in 2014, GTBANK sacked all its switchboard (Telephone) operators and handed over their functions to the Secretaries. Till date that seem like the only specified job function the Secretaries have.

The truth is that the effect will be harsh on the affected and their dependants but the banks can be better without them.

The only problem I have with the move is, they should redeploy those with relevant qualifications to other departments instead of sending them away and employing new hands.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Bigdreams(m): 10:08am On Feb 04, 2016
This is becoming ....hmmmm...

Check my signature to download a FREE REPORT on How To Start and Run A Bulk SMS Business Successfully.
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Deepfreezer(m): 10:08am On Feb 04, 2016
If I hear pray for your country ehhhh!! ain't praying for any damn country. the dollar just hit #400 this morning. #change.
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by viktor01(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Hmmmmmmm. Prices of things are sky rocketing, no jobs, those that have are being laid off, no money.
All these are tending to one thing.....*FAMINE*

1 Like

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Mrlekan07034617: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Milliprime:
We need to intensify our prayers for our dear country before it gets out of hand.

Even First bank, the issue is becoming serious and interesting.

Let our President do something and reduce travelling and manage the economy that needs urgent attention.

This is not time for politics please let us join hands to save our nation, APC cant do it alone.

May God Bless my country Nigeria.

Hmmm good one!
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by funkyibodude(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
Nairasurplus:
It is confirmed that First Bank of Nigeria Plc has sacked all their secretries in all their branches. The reason is that they are of no use to the bank. But why this time? Why were they employed at the first place?

Regards
yea it's true my girlfriend was affected. She got to work one morning and saw her disengagement letter on her desk. So sad she was one of the secretaries to the branch manager undecided
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by histemple: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
viktor01:
Hmmmmmmm. Prices of things are sky rocketing, no jobs, those that have are being laid off, no money.
All these are tending to one thing.....*FAMINE*

This is the time to know those with wisdom. Some people will be getting rich and richer while others are lamenting.
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by xana101: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2016
2016 my best year ever!
God help those in need of Job and grant health to those in need of good health.
In the name of Jehoveh the most high God through Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by viktor01(m): 10:18am On Feb 04, 2016
histemple:

This is the time to know those with wisdom. Some people will be getting rich and richer while others are lamenting.

Really, So what exactly will the wise do in a time like this that will enrich them?
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by onatisi(m): 10:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Nairasurplus:

Regards
Many more bank jobs to be lost. Just go in some banks banking hall and you will see how the new rule of compulsory atm card issuance to customers and non payment of money below a certain amount has rendered many bank workers redundant
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 04, 2016
FBN UNPAID

FBN UNPAID

FBN UNPAID

SUNDRY ACCOUNT..CASH ACCOUNT..RETURNED MONEY...

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ONLY THOSE INITIATED CAN JOIN IN THE CHANTS OF THE SPIRITS

But the secretaries are for the branch managers. Even when the branch managers go on leave and the HBO Takes over the secretaries work with the HBOs. To me I do not see why they are not important. They are personal assistants and more to the branch managers. I have seen some of them produce slides for meetings, inspections etc in a few minutes. While I have also seen some LAZY. But with the present economic problems we will see more reasons for laying off people.
Perhaps they will get the branch managers virtual personal assistants.
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by myproperty(m): 10:21am On Feb 04, 2016
May God help our dear country. I pray that the Government should take the right decisions in this difficult time.
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by gwinaB(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2016
The secretaries were laid off in Dec.the senior staffs recently
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by TBD(m): 10:32am On Feb 04, 2016
This too bad
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Dinocarex(m): 10:34am On Feb 04, 2016
That's why I'm skeptical about bank jobs.
U can just be sacked at any time
Little wonder they now employ under the disguise of Contract staff.
Lord save the youth ooo
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by vitality22(m): 10:38am On Feb 04, 2016
Moahmed:

secretaries were laid off in dec 2015, 31 service executive on 21st jan 2016 and on 1/2/2016 some very senior staff were laid off too from source.
CORRECT
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by udumosam23(m): 10:40am On Feb 04, 2016
Moahmed:

Why wouldn't they contemplate on reducing salaries instead of sacking workers? The economy is tensed we understand, but sacking workers will only make it worse. Reduce salaries and promise to increase it when things get better. Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Sammyashol(m): 10:41am On Feb 04, 2016
Flets:
We told them APC has no plans for Nigeria .... They said Buhari was the Messiah
We told that the lack of economic direction portrays doom for the economy .... They said Sai Buhari
We told them that Buhari declaring to the world that all Nigerians were corrupt would result in loss of investor confidence .... They called us wailers
We told them that delaying the appointment of ministers for 6 months will create a gap in the economy that cannot be easily closed .... They said Buhari can handle it all alone and does not need ministers
We told them that the financial policies of the APC govt was scaring investors and stifling investment ... they said Nigeria can do without the investors

Today, They are losing their jobs, losing their businesses, paying double for power supply, facing true hard times .....
Bro they haven't seen anything yet, I remember last month when some Friesland workers are being retrenched, come c tears 4 grown up men's face. diaris GOD
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Acidosis(m): 10:41am On Feb 04, 2016
funkyibodude:
yea it's true my girlfriend was affected. She got to work one morning and saw her disengagement letter on her desk. So sad she was one of the secretaries to the branch manager undecided
sad sad
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Jacko01: 10:42am On Feb 04, 2016
Eyah.... As a former firstbanker real eyah
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by loomer: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2016
Oya, na my turn to blame GEJ. Why him relinquish power self
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Sammyashol(m): 10:48am On Feb 04, 2016
optional1:
Tnk God my boyfrnds in firstbank are not secrectary
Chai only you, how many are they? And is their still vacancy cos i want to make ur boyfriends list
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by tse1v1(m): 10:48am On Feb 04, 2016
MAY GOD HELP US ALL.................BANK JOBS ARE THE MOST SCARIEST JOB ON THIS PLANET............I WILL RATHER BE A DRIVER AND BE SLEEPING WITH MY TWO EYES CLOSED THAN BE A BANKER SLEEPING WITH ONE EYES CLOSED shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by petiteee(f): 10:49am On Feb 04, 2016
Moahmed:

hmmm it is well. Bank jobs are not reliable, still they seem to be the ones who. Recruit the most. Make God just help person
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 04, 2016
embarassed
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by Uro2011: 11:00am On Feb 04, 2016
There are 3 Rs that must take place in the life of every employee

1. Retrenchment - One day your employer will lay you off, it doesn't matter how good you are. Once they can find someone who can offer the same service you do and is willing to earn less, you are fired.

2. Resignation - There comes a time in your life you will resign from your job because you don't like what you earn, or tired of leaving home very early, or tired of doing the same thing over and over again. Probably you want to start up your business, whatever the reason you will leave the job.

3. Retirement - You can't work forever in that company, a day of retirement is coming.

In all these Rs, do you want to wait for any of this to happen before you take your Plan B serious?

Winter is coming and may it not catch you unawares.

Join me in Helping Hands International today let's change our life course

Enquiries : 08037798195

1 Like

Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by josite: 11:06am On Feb 04, 2016
computer literate secretary urgently needed in an office in ogba near excellence hotel.send ur details and pics to whassap to 08097516051,20k monthly salary so u really have to live in ogba.
Re: First Bank Laid Off Their Staff by iGeneral: 11:13am On Feb 04, 2016
josite:
computer literate secretary urgently needed in an office in ogba near excellence hotel.send ur details and pics to whassap to 08097516051,20k monthly salary so u really have to live in ogba.

Please stop posting this type of insulting job vacancies. It is better you get an IT student who will be content with getting 20k as allowance than trying to get a trained secretary for same amount.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Moved From Shame to Grace With Blogging - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 3 Signs That It’s Time To Quit Your Job / Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.