Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon (17574 Views)

How To Experience Google Lens On Any Android Device / Glo Indeed Grandmasters Of Worst Network In Nigeria- Total Blackout Redeem Lotto / On A Budget, But Want To Experience Android 6.0? Pick Up The Stylish TECNO W4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Johnsonpac(m): 9:35am On Feb 04, 2016
MTN Nigeria, yesterday, said the closure of its facilities in Ondo by the state government would negatively impact on the quality of its service in the state and its environs. Millions of subscribers would be affected by the development, MTN said.

The telecoms operator said so in a statement issued by its corporate communications executive, Amina Oyagbola, adding that services that will be affected comprised voice and data services, voice traffic across other operators and international traffic, enterprise data service to third-party clients (mostly banks and other corporate clients), which may, in turn, impact services such as ATMs, POS and others.

The Ondo State Government, on December 23, last year, sealed MTN’s base transmission stations (BTS) in the state over tax-related issues.
The sealing followed a court order against MTN regarding a tax claim of N458.5 million allegedly owed the Ondo State Board of Internal Revenue Service (OSBIRS) in pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) deductions, withholding tax (WHT), development levy, business premises tax and education endowment tax.

“There will be poor or total loss of network coverage for all MTN subscribers in Ondo as the sealing of facilities means that service providers will not be able to carry out routine maintenance work or refuel the generators servicing the base transceiver stations (BTS’). In addition, a major hub site for both fibre and microwave transmission which connects the north, south and east will be affected, leading to loss of services in the whole of Ekiti State, as well as parts of Edo and Niger states.” the MTN executive said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/ondo-to-experience-network-blackout-soon-mtn/131951.html#zcmayFfTDGrgGMPz.99

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by chriskosherbal(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2016
Mtn... See below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by gen2briz(m): 10:29am On Feb 04, 2016
At least other network will have chance.

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Segadem(m): 11:09am On Feb 04, 2016
I think their slogan has change from " everywhere you go" to "every city/country you are, violate rules and regulation that govern the place"
it's like the spell/juju of others network is working against them.

4 Likes

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by makingsense(m): 11:15am On Feb 04, 2016
Empty-hen
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by uchbaba(m): 11:39am On Feb 04, 2016
That's what u get when 50% of ur revenue is gotten 4m TAX while the remaining accrues 4m federal govt allocation...that's y I doff my hat 4 my amiable gov.obiano(wille is working) granting tax incentives to investors, at the same time using managing our resources in building assets that yield resources, thank God we aint in military era otherwise, this man will be taken 4m us and sent to somewhere else

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by cutetopsey(f): 12:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
shocked
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by ORACLE1975(m): 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
What?
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
At least there is a prompt to subscribers.

Oh the good old days when NEPA would announce on NTA before there is a power outage or routine maintenance.

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Acidosis(m): 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nigerian politicians are killing businesses in Nigeria.

Rather than rally around willing investors and struggling SMEs in the country to fight these incessant taxations from the government, from royalties, omo-oniles, and touts; we go about defending the same politicians who have sold their lives to the devil.

If Nigerians could support the idea of N50 levy on bank transactions, then I'm sorry to say the future of Nigeria is blank!

Nigeria, as of 2014 ranked 131st country on the "ease of doing business."South Africa as of same year ranked 39th out of a total 185 nations.

One of the indices for that ranking from 'Doing Business' is "protecting investors." Nigeria ranked 64 on that particular parameter, while SA got 10. Another is "Paying Taxes." While SA got 24, Nigeria disgracefully and shamelessly got 170 out of 185.

These indices are clear and well spelt out, but some shameless propagandists whose level of illiteracy cannot comprehend common & simple statistics prefer to feed the masses with disturbing chants and media propaganda.

Truth is Nigeria is backward, rigid and full of visionless, fat but empty, thin but wicked blank politicians. The only economic term in their belly is SALARY.

PAINFULLY, our youths think by hating SA companies online as prescribed by NCC and Communications Minister, we'd immediately skyrocket to 32nd in the world? South Africa did not get there by hating on the numerous western businesses on their soil.

No meaningful investor would want to pay unstructured, unregulated and fraudulent taxes to every tom, dick and harry. They are not f00ls. A CEO who has spent his lifetime studying in world best business schools cannot be 'carjoled' by one ediot whose interest is how to wreck the fruit of striving labourers. Its not about Ondo state, but all NIGERIAN POLITICIANS & THE CIVIL SERVICE.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by falcon01: 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
i want do welcome back oo but make i wait small
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by emydot(m): 12:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
Geerrraarraahheeerrreeee

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by myners007: 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
MTN wants to further crumble biz activities in Ondo State

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Emekamex(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wetin concern me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Kreamie(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
More money for Airtel, Etisalat and Glo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Abbeyme: 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Who will this affect? At the long run, it's mtn.

But mtn has this poor habit of evading payments.

That's criminal! And they have the guts to issue a caveat. Rubbish!

Every other subscriber would find other service providers, MTN would definitely lose out!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by benjaminben(m): 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
Na wao mtn don enter one chance

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by mikkybellami(m): 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
Chisos
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Thawarplay(m): 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Since last week no network in ondo city
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by ice234: 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Clear case of double taxation. ....
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by jmoore(m): 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Quadruple taxation.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Joshchi(m): 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mtn is seriously taking Nigerians for granted. They just want to hold the country to ransom instead of fashioning out ways to settle the matter with the state government

3 Likes

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by AKAKAK(m): 12:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
uchbaba:
That's what u get when 50% of ur revenue is gotten 4m TAX while the remaining accrues 4m federal govt allocation...that's y I doff my hat 4 my amiable gov.obiano(wille is working) granting tax incentives to investors, at the same time using managing our resources in building assets that yield resources, thank God we aint in military era otherwise, this man will be taken 4m us and sent to somewhere else

I am a Yoruba man but I love that your Governor like no man's business.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Tmaritas76(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mtn perpetual debtor,you owe federal govt.owe state too soon you go owe the community you are operating in.

2 Likes

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Abbeyme: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
Thawarplay:
Since last week no network in ondo city

Port your mtn lines, bro.

MTN is a serial offender

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Viktor1983(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
All Join
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
For those of you who have only mtn line should port to other network and be giving your new line to your business associates and friends.

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Abbeyme: 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
How?

ice234:
Clear case of double taxation. ....

Every business pay tax to its state host! That has been the law!

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by yomalex(m): 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
Okay Remember the NCC fine? Go and pay

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Connect To Free Basics Internet.org Using Airtel In Nigeria / Current Whatsapp Video Calling Is A Scam! / ➜ ➜ ➜Official Tecno Mobile Complaints And Feedback Thread➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.