Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon (17576 Views)

How To Experience Google Lens On Any Android Device / Glo Indeed Grandmasters Of Worst Network In Nigeria- Total Blackout Redeem Lotto / On A Budget, But Want To Experience Android 6.0? Pick Up The Stylish TECNO W4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by grandstar(m): 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:
Nigerian politicians are killing businesses in Nigeria.

Rather than rally around willing investors and struggling SMEs in the country to fight these incessant taxations from the government, from royalties, omo-oniles, and touts; we go about defending the same politicians who have sold their lives to the devil.

If Nigerians could support the idea of N50 levy on bank transactions, then I'm sorry to say the future of Nigeria is blank!

Nigeria, as of 2014 ranked 131st country on the "ease of doing business."South Africa as of same year ranked 39th out of a total of 185 nations.

Now our youths think by hating SA companies here, we'd immediately skyrocket to 32nd in the world? South Africa did not get there by hating on the numerous western companies on their soil.

Thank you for this sensible post.

At a time the country is short of dollars, you are scaring investors who will bring it in

4 Likes

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by rman: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
MTN pays tax to every state government.

What Ondo state government wants is completely different and they are trying to set a bad precedence.

A state government that erroneously assumed all support staff having anything to do with mtn are direct mtn employees. FYI total mtn staff in ondo state may not be up to 20...every other person works with/for contractors.

Nigeria is the only country where government can just calculate any figure that suits their purpose and tried to use state resources to force a company to pay...

How did they arrive at 450 million?

2 Likes

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by thefakestan: 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Multiple taxation isn't good,
Very difficult to own a thriving business in Nigeria.

ThefakeStan
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by AfroKnight: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
How come other networks don't have this problem?

MTN must not be allowed to get away with this.

You must pay your tax to the host state.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
kennygee:
At least there is a prompt to subscribers.

[b][/b]Oh the good old days when NEPA would announce on NTA before there is a power outage or routine maintenance.

When was that?
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by bluecircle470: 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
MTN do the needful! Pay ur tax!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wadraj:

When was that?

From 1995 to the late 90s.

I was living in Abuja then.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:

Rather than rally around willing investors and struggling SMEs in the country to fight these incessant taxations from the government, from royalties, omo-oniles, and touts; we go about defending the same politicians who have sold their lives to the devil.

If Nigerians could support the idea of N50 levy on bank transactions, then I'm sorry to say the future of Nigeria is blank!

Nigeria, as of 2014 ranked 131st country on the "ease of doing business."South Africa as of same year ranked 39th out of a total 185 nations.

One of the indices for that ranking from 'Doing Business' is "protecting investors." Nigeria ranked 64 on that particular parameter, while SA got 10. Another is "Paying Taxes." While SA got 24, Nigeria disgracefully and shamelessly got 170 out of 185.

These indices are clear and well spelt out, but some shameless propagandists whose level of illiteracy cannot comprehend common & simple statistics prefer to feed the masses with disturbing chants and media propaganda.

Truth is Nigeria is backward, rigid and full of visionless, fat but empty, thin but wicked blank politicians. The only economic term in their belly is SALARY.

PAINFULLY, our youths think by hating SA companies online as prescribed by NCC and Communications Minister, we'd immediately skyrocket to 32nd in the world? South Africa did not get there by hating on the numerous western business on their soil.

No meaningful investor would want to pay unstructured, unregulated and fraudulent taxes to every tom, dick and harry.

Why has the company found to be in breach of laws. Between taken them to court and the xenophobic attack of last year which one will probably promote business more.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by idupaul: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nigerian government and thier love for extortion
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by idnole4(m): 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
MTN is not the only telecom coy operating in the state. The coy should pay-up it's bebt.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
kennygee:

From 1995 to the late 90s.

I was living in Abuja then.

Hope you're not playing sarcasm on me sha?

I'm so sceptical on this but I have to believe it cos it's coming from you.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Nicepoker(m): 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wadraj:

When was that?
that was when NEPA wasn't in existence
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by quinlatifat: 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
joypaul528:
°° °° °°
how did u get hold of the promo code. The site doesnt look real to me. I already tried it and i was not given any credit. Hope its not that my credit is right in your pocket.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by OlujobaSamuel: 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wadraj:

Hope you're not playing sarcasm on me sha?

I'm so sceptical on this but I have to believe it cos it's coming from you.
it's true, I also experienced it in osun state between 2000 to 2003. there is always a broadcast on radio station to tell you the power supply to go off and when it will be restored. I was in a boarding school then.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by omolayomi06: 1:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
MIMIKO WHITH HIS USELESS TAX INVATION. MTN ABEG PROCEED WE GO NOW KNOW WHO GO LOSS MAYBE ONDO STATE OR MTN. PLS HELP ME ASK MIMIKO WAITING HE DEY USE ALL THE REVENUE HE EARN FRO OTHER AREA. LIKE TIMBER, COCOA, PMS, RUBBER, GRANITE. AND OTHER SOURCES OF INCOME ASSOCIATED TO ONDO STATE WAITING HE DEY USE HAM DO .YEYE GOVERNMENT.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by igwe123: 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
Instead of SW to encourage indigenous SME they are more interested in huge tax from big multinationals
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by tempix: 1:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Empty-hen everywhere you owe.!...I swear ee don clear say na only you wakakom.
This empty-hen own self don too much, na only you be telcom company for naija ni.
For Naija........you owe
For Cameroon.....you owe
For Ghana..... You owe
And so gigantically sorry for mtn :PP cheesy, dey come mistakenly go owe for ondo state...........

BUT.....ONDO STATE OWN TOO MUCH......ANY SMALL THING DeM GO DON CAPITALISE AM.

Imagine a company running at loss yet they bring all reasonable and unreasonable fees charges and taxes for them.
Dem talk sey, we go pay for
1. Signage fees......50k
2. Tax......50k
3. Biz premises tax....30k
4. And so many others I can remember embarassed
For a company not yet making up to 50k profit in a year.

It seem those people wey sit down for naija mata still dey village they plan dere next move......siosio
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by tivta(m): 1:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
Until other networks shut down in the state before the governor comes to his senses...
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by OBAGADAFFI: 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
gen2briz:
At least other network will have chance.

Not only MTN other networks will soon join the blackout
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by kanirip: 2:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:

Nigeria, as of 2014 ranked 131st country on the "ease of doing business."South Africa as of same year ranked 39th out of a total 185 nations.

One of the indices for that ranking from 'Doing Business' is "protecting investors." Nigeria ranked 64 on that particular parameter, while SA got 10. Another is "Paying Taxes." While SA got 24, Nigeria disgracefully and shamelessly got 170 out of 185.

These indices are clear and well spelt out, but some shameless propagandists whose level of illiteracy cannot comprehend common & simple statistics prefer to feed the masses with disturbing chants and media propaganda.

Truth is Nigeria is backward, rigid and full of visionless, fat but empty, thin but wicked blank politicians. The only economic term in their belly is SALARY.

PAINFULLY, our youths think by hating SA companies online as prescribed by NCC and Communications Minister, we'd immediately skyrocket to 32nd in the world? South Africa did not get there by hating on the numerous western businesses on their soil.

No meaningful investor would want to pay unstructured, unregulated and fraudulent taxes to every tom, dick and harry. They are not f00ls. A CEO who has spent his lifetime studying in world best business schools cannot be 'carjoled' by one ediot whose interest is how to wreck the fruit of striving labourers. Its not about Ondo state, but all NIGERIAN POLITICIANS & THE CIVIL SERVICE.

One of the best ( and if I may add, truest) posts on Nairaland.

Take a bow son!

Unfortunately you are probably one of the very few with some iota of reasoning capabilities remaining in this country. Most of us can not understand a word you are saying!

1 Like

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Fraih(f): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2016
Thawarplay:
Since last week no network in ondo city
Did you say last week? Yesterday made it 2weeks. sad
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Snoolv360(m): 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
MTN? One chance

Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
uchbaba:
That's what u get when 50% of ur revenue is gotten 4m TAX while the remaining accrues 4m federal govt allocation...that's y I doff my hat 4 my amiable gov.obiano(wille is working) granting tax incentives to investors, at the same time using managing our resources in building assets that yield resources, thank God we aint in military era otherwise, this man will be taken 4m us and sent to somewhere else

Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Mandyjosh: 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2016

PAINFULLY, our youths think by hating SA companies online as prescribed by NCC and Communications Minister, we'd immediately skyrocket to 32nd in the world? South Africa did not get there by hating on the numerous western businesses on their soil.

No meaningful investor would want to pay unstructured, unregulated and fraudulent taxes to every tom, dick and harry. They are not f00ls. A CEO who has spent his lifetime studying in world best business schools cannot be 'carjoled' by one ediot whose interest is how to wreck the fruit of striving labourers. Its not about Ondo state, but all NIGERIAN POLITICIANS & THE CIVIL SERVICE
mr i too kno.say na u dey encourage dem nt 2 pay their taxes.i sorry for ur future.association of buhari haters of nigeria
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Mandyjosh: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
On d contrary,no body hate emu-t-hen-ni,dey shu do d needful.as if it s d only telecom company in africa.u ar makin huge profit nd yet u ar defaulting in tax payment.in cameroon, dem do dsame tin;in congo same tin and now in ondo; infact, across southwest.i jus sorry for dem,com s nt goin 2 be business as usual.the gud tin s dat ondo ppls ve option 2 switch 2 oda networks.stipid network.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Mandyjosh: 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
thefakestan:
Multiple taxation isn't good,
Very difficult to own a thriving business in Nigeria.

Multiple taxation?is mtn d only telecom company we ve in ondo?y ondo state govt. Nt accusing etisalat,glo or airtel?think bfor u talk,nt oda way round.mtn s knw for tax defaultin.go 2 cameroon 2 confirm.

ThefakeStan
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Thawarplay(m): 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
Fraih:

Did you say last week? Yesterday made it 2weeks. sad

Oh yes
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by basadenet: 4:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mtn pay your tax.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by homosapien(m): 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:

No meaningful investor would want to pay unstructured, unregulated and fraudulent taxes to every tom, dick and harry. They are not f00ls. A CEO who has spent his lifetime studying in world best business schools cannot be 'carjoled' by one ediot whose interest is how to wreck the fruit of striving labourers. Its not about Ondo state, but all NIGERIAN POLITICIANS & THE CIVIL SERVICE.

Oga, what your point exactly? So because you want investors to come in, you then encourage flagrant disregard for the law of the land. If mtn is too big to pay tax in Nigeria, it can as well relocate back to South Africa. Though it will be missed, but other investors will come in. Concerning that hate in your write up, I think you bitter about something and you chose to transfer aggression.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:

Good write up. After reading I came to conclusion that our tax structure has to be restructured for transparency.
Re: MTN: Ondo To Experience Network Blackout Soon by pacespot(m): 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:

I completely agree with all what you said here, this country is totally disorganized and Ondo State is one of the worst in this regard.

I still have my file held down in Ondo State Local Government Service Commission, in Alagbaka Akure there. Simply because I refused to give a bribe to the man in charge of the office where my files are kept.

You can't imagine the level of racketeering that is going on in Nigeria Civil Service today. Everyone that you meet there, even asking ordinary question, you have to pay. These people are wickedly corrupt that if you go there without any money, you will never get anything done in their office. Even if care is not taken, you'll pay money and still not achieve anything at the end.

Nigerian Civil Servants are deeply enmeshed in corruption, even more deeply rooted than the politicians. They believe you have to pay them before they can perform their duty - I don't know what their salary is meant for.

I completely understand the grievance of MTN towards Nigerian government. I can't bribe every tom and harry in the course of setting up my business, and you still expect me to pay my Tax regularly to the same system that is choking my business with corruption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Current Whatsapp Video Calling Is A Scam! / My Samsung A30 Just Arrived / ➜ ➜ ➜Official Tecno Mobile Complaints And Feedback Thread➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.