Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? (6768 Views)

Couple’s Wedding Turned Into Funeral After Both Die Hours Before Wedding. / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 27 Years Of Childless Marriage (Photos) / Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Joromi1: 10:35am On Feb 04, 2016
I brought this topic up because my elder brother told me in secret that he would never propose to his girlfriend unless she gets pregnant for him. When I asked why, his reply was that he loves children a lot and doesn't want a childless marriage. He would not love to adopt too, meaning he wants his own children. Then he gave instances of some married couples in the neighbourhood with no children. He wouldn't want to be like them. I see sense in what he said but I don't know if there's any moral justification to it, and for that I can't advise him in any way.
Any ideas, guys?

1 Like

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by DeMekus: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2016
Hahaha! Op, ladies would hate you for this thread. grin I and your elder brother think alike. No belle, no marriage. Na who wan begin do fasting and prayer? undecided Iranu!

4 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Creamish(f): 10:48am On Feb 04, 2016
As long as he is certain he will marry her...no second thoughts..and she agrees to take in, then It wont be a problem. Everyone has their own solution to issues.

A Childless marriage can be viewed in different ways. U may have kids but they all die young.. the marriage is still childless. She may get pregnant before the wedding but due to some unfortunate circumstance, a miscarriage happens after the wedding.. ..still no child..

It's not a guarantee but if it helps him sleep at night, no qualms. There is no moral justification for a lot of things we do.. Children come by the grace of God.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Joromi1: 10:51am On Feb 04, 2016
Creamish:
As long as he is certain he will marry her...no second thoughts..and she agrees to take in, then It wont be a problem. Everyone has their own solution to issues.

A Childless marriage can be viewed in different ways. U may have kids but they all die young.. the marriage is still childless. She may get pregnant before the wedding but due to some unfortunate circumstance, a miscarriage happens after the wedding.. ..still no child..

It's not a guarantee but if it helps him sleep at night, no qualms. There is no moral justification for a lot of things we do.. Children come by the grace of God.
I think the issue here is to ascertain her fertility status
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Creamish(f): 10:52am On Feb 04, 2016
Joromi1:

Women who have miscarriages are fertile. Getting pregnant before the wedding is no guarantee that the child will be born.

16 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by DeMekus: 10:53am On Feb 04, 2016
Joromi1:

It's not just about fertility. Most of these girls have lost their wombs in the series of abortions they had undecided
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Joromi1: 10:56am On Feb 04, 2016
Creamish:

Women who have miscarriages are fertile. Getting pregnant before the wedding is no guarantee that the child will be born.
True
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Elosky20: 11:03am On Feb 04, 2016
DeMekus:

It's not just about fertility. Most of these girls have lost their wombs in the series of abortions they had undecided
bt did they impregnate their self. it a 50-50 blame on both the man and the woman.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by DeMekus: 11:08am On Feb 04, 2016
Elosky20:

bt did they impregnate their self. it a 50-50 blame on both the man and the woman.
Believe me, I can't impregnate a girl and ask her to abort it. Never! It is the girls that don't want to keep their pregnancy because they believe it reduces their value. But as for me, I can marry a single mother

4 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by jmoore(m): 11:41am On Feb 04, 2016
What if there is a miscarriage after the wedding?

What if the baby dies later, and the lady can't take in again?

What if the man dies before the wedding?

What if the man changes his mind after the pregnancy and decides to marry another girl?

If you want to be sure of her fertility, go to a hospital for a comprehensive medical test.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Dyt(f): 11:51am On Feb 04, 2016
Lol
I think that way sha
No preggy no marriage
I cannot shout

1 Like

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by DeMekus: 11:52am On Feb 04, 2016
jmoore:
What if there is a miscarriage after the wedding?

What if the baby dies later, and the lady can't take in again?

What if the man dies before the wedding?

What if the man changes his mind after the pregnancy and decides to marry another girl?

If you want to be sure of her fertility, go to a hospital for a comprehensive medical test.
I've seen couples who got positive mark on fertility from doctors but still remain childless. Abeg, make she carry belle first jor. Mind you, it works in the favour of ladies who wish to know their men's fertility status too
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by PresVA: 11:56am On Feb 04, 2016
The funny thing is that many of you guys suggesting this can't allow your sisters go through this...given that marriage to the guy isn't guaranteed. . So, I wonder whose sisters would be used for the experiment?

Joromi1:

And who told you that fertility issues can arise from only women? The cases of male infertility is on the rise... drinking, smoking et al have caused a lot of guys to be shooting blanks. .. Your bro should ascertain his own first..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by PresVA: 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
DeMekus:

I've seen couples who got positive mark on fertility from doctors but still remain childless. Abeg, make she carry belle first jor. Mind you, it works in the favour of ladies who wish to know their men's fertility status too
Answer the other important questions he asked...
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by DeMekus: 12:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
PresVA:
Answer the other important questions he asked...
You mean the "ifs"? There is an "if" to almost everything we do but leave that for another discussion. Let her get pregnant first then we'd know how to deal with the #ifs#
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by PresVA: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
DeMekus:

You mean the "ifs"? There is an "if" to almost everything we do but leave that for another discussion. Let her get pregnant first then we'd know how to deal with the #ifs#
His simple message was 'getting pregnant before marriage doesn't eliminate childlessness because anything can happen' ..so your method of trying to eliminate childlessness is totally flawed... it also places the lady on a huge risk; what if the guy doesn't marry her? It's also like tempting God because it's not man to grant pregnancy..

I can't marry a guy that base the happiness of his marriage on kids because it's not human to grant pregnancy. . If for a few months you don't take in or miscarry, the stress and anxiety he'll put you through eehh will decrease your chances of conception instead of him working together with you to achieve better results. ..

As he said, go to the hospital for whatever test you wish..including the man... can't stoop too low to prove to any man I can get pregnant...

May God bless all our marriages with lovely Children, Amen.. smiley

12 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by cococandy(f): 1:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
Don't mind them
PresVA:
The funny thing is that many of you guys suggesting this can't allow their sisters go through this...given that marriage to the guy isn't guaranteed. . So, I wonder whose sisters would be used for the experiment?

And who told you that fertility issues can arise from only women? The cases of male infertility is on the rise... drinking, smoking et al have caused a lot of guys to be shooting blanks. .. Your bro should ascertain his own first..

7 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by cococandy(f): 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
I hope the girlfriend is aware of his selfish intentions so that he doesn't waste her time unnecessarily.
Pregnancy ko. I wonder how y'all would like it of all your sisters and daughters are given such conditions. Selfish group of people. undecided

15 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
In my own opinion marriage should be between me and you first, and then the children. I wouldn't want to be married to a man if all he wants from me is kids,getting pregnant before the wedding is no guarantee.

I have a neighbour who was forming serious sister before we know she was pregnant and the guy came for introduction and the marriage plans began, the guy died few months to the wedding, he wanted her to get pregnant first,now he's gone she's left with a child,no husband,back to her parents undecided

8 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by RiloKiley: 1:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Joromi1:
I brought this topic up because my elder brother told me in secret that he would never propose to his girlfriend unless she gets pregnant for him. When I asked why, his reply was that he loves children a lot and doesn't want a childless marriage. He would not love to adopt too, meaning he wants his own children. Then he gave instances of some married couples in the neighbourhood with no children. He wouldn't want to be like them. I see sense in what he said but I don't know if there's any moral justification to it, and for that I can't advise him in any way.
Any ideas, guys?
There's nothing to advice again na. The guy's mind is made up.
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
. . . .And if the child dies after the marriage? undecided
Only because the child was a 'conditional down payment' for the marriage to take place? undecided
Or children have to suffer divorce, because THE MAN and WOMAN wanted children before marriage? undecided
Does having children guarantee the success of a marriage? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by DeMekus: 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
PresVA:
His simple message was 'getting pregnant before marriage doesn't eliminate childlessness because anything can happen' ..so your method of trying to eliminate childlessness is totally flawed... it also places the lady on a huge risk; what if the guy doesn't marry her? It's also like tempting God because it's not man to grant pregnancy..

I can't marry a guy that base the happiness of his marriage on kids because it's not human to grant pregnancy. . If for a few months you don't take in or miscarry, the stress and anxiety he'll put you through eehh will decrease your chances of conception instead of him working together with you to achieve better results. ..

As he said, go to the hospital for whatever test you wish..including the man... can't stoop too low to prove to any man I can get pregnant...

May God bless all our marriages with lovely Children, Amen.. smiley
Yes, God will bless your marriage with as much lovely children as you want. But this is one problem about Nigerian Christians. They tend to place all their burdens on God, then fold their hands and wait for miracle. But they forget that even the Bible said 'heaven helps those who help themselves.' As for me, I can't risk marrying a woman I don't know her fertility status. Death is inevitable, when your time comes you'll die but it's not certain that every pregnancy will miscarry. So I'm ready to take the risk. Team #pregnancyBeforeMarriage#

2 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by PresVA: 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
DeMekus:

Yes, God will bless your marriage with as much lovely children as you want. But this is one problem about Nigerian Christians. They tend to place all their burdens on God, then fold their hands and wait for miracle. But they forget that even the Bible said 'heaven helps those who help themselves.' As for me, I can't risk marrying a woman I don't know her fertility status. Death is inevitable, when your time comes you'll die but it's not certain that every pregnancy will miscarry. So I'm ready to take the risk. Team #pregnancyBeforeMarriage#
@bolded, Amen ..

Your mentality is funny. . So waiting till after marriage to get pregnant is folding one's hands.. undecided undecided
For your mind, you're helping God by impregnating someone before marriage? Nnaa, I don't understand. .

You'll keep hopping from one lady to the other till one gets pregnant? Success in your quest bro..

7 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by jmoore(m): 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
DeMekus:

Bros, which version of the bible is that? Give me the Chapter and verse.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by DeMekus: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
PresVA:
@bolded, Amen ..

Your mentality is funny. . So waiting till after marriage to get pregnant is folding one's hands.. undecided undecided
For your mind, you're helping God by impregnating someone before marriage? Nnaa, I don't understand. .

You'll keep hopping from one lady to the other till one gets pregnant? Success in your quest bro..
Amen!!!
But stop making it sound like my opinion is alien to you. Different strokes for different folks. I know a lot of guys out there who have sworn not to marry non-virgins. Some want the wild and exposed ones, others prefer the timid and shy ones. Choices! I hope it's not also strange to you that it's necessary you know your fiance's blood group before marriage to avoid giving birth to im.beciles and wasting lives unnecessarily? Since I know I'm 100% potent, I must also ensure that my fiancee is fertile before I marry her. I can't stay in a marriage without kids, simple! And I wouldn't like a situation where I'd have to read the books of Matthew, pray and fast for 50 days!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by DeMekus: 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
jmoore:

Bros, which version of the bible is that? Give me the Chapter and verse.
Calm down. cool
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by jashar(f): 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
*sighs* apparently, people of that mindset want baby factories instead of a wife.
Some posters above me have given enough justification why the idea is totally crazy.

1 Like

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by jashar(f): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
DeMekus:

it's amazing how people who don't know or read the Bible are so eager to quote it; or 'think' they can quote it rather.
Interesting undecided

11 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by JustHere2Observ(f): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
Total bull shit...what if he is the one unable to impregnate the woman? Men still believe only a woman can be infertile. He had better marry for love and companionship because children will come and go. My parents house is empty now, they haven't seen any of us 5 kids this year.
So if children is the main reason he is marrying, he should stay single and have baby mamas. Marriage is much more than that.

12 Likes

Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by FTBOY: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
mehn, it's not a bad idea o.....e be like say na wetin i go do self
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by amtheone(m): 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dyt:
Lol
I think that way sha
No preggy no marriage
I cannot shout

Even dyt is in support. Ok ohhhhh
Re: Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? by Dyt(f): 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
amtheone:

Even dyt is in support. Ok ohhhhh

I put to bed 10 days after my wedding
That's how I wanted it

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex Before Marriage Does It Help? / Please Help My Colleague, Is In A Big Mess! / Why Do Yoruba Parents Discriminate Against Ogun Ladies In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.