Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Vendetta Episode 1 – ABRAHAM ISAAC - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Vendetta Episode 1 – ABRAHAM ISAAC (684 Views)

A Hunt - A Military Thriller by Abraham Adekunle / ANOTHER FLOWERBOY TALE (Perfect Addiction (18+) By Blezzed Abraham... / Vendetta (a Novelette) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vendetta Episode 1 – ABRAHAM ISAAC by RothmasPop: 11:54am On Feb 04, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/02/02/vendetta-episode-1-abraham-isaac/

It’s a book in which you write your personal experiences and thoughts. Documentation, if you have taken a liking to big words like myself. It is important that I make put the details of my undertaking in writing for I am not sure to be alive at the end of it and frankly speaking, it would be quite a buzz kill to spare the world the original version of the events that are about to change its history forever.

I have almost nothing. It has always been that way. I say this because perhaps it will help you understand why I must do what I must do. I have always had almost nothing. No friends, no family, no belongings, absolutely nothing. I do not wish nor expect you to understand that because unless you were born as I was, raised yourself like I did and have become tasked with a mission like I am, you cannot begin to understand. My name is Ekdikisi and it is along with the parchment on which it was written, my only possession.

They say mother died at my birth and left me with a scrap of parchment on which she scribbled my name. It was the only gift she could afford her newborn and it is priceless for it defines my life as I know it. After she was hunted down by the mercenaries of the Old Queen and went into premature labour, I have been on the run. I was passed from one caregiver to another until I attained the age of four. It was then I became my own caregiver. I had lost everything up to that point and had nothing else to lose but myself. Until my mission is complete, that cannot happen. After the last family who took me in were murdered by the mercenaries and I managed to escape again, my mission became clear. I have worked and walked towards it since then. I have learnt from the best.

I remember him clearly, Harakiri. They say he was the best in two Allied Kingdoms. I say he was the best in gods’ damned world. He was the most revered mercenary warrior of all time. You wanted a job done; a rival merchant dealing in bad faith, a blackmailing concubine gone too far, anything or anyone that needed fixing he fixed it all so long as you have enough gold. He built the meanest mercenary band from literally nothing. He simply captured boys and recruited them. Then they killed one another until the last man standing. This perso he trains. He never made a mistake and his mercenaries never make a mistake, not even in training. Mistakes mean death. Cold, cruel death. Perhaps it is poetic justice that his first and only mistake which is recruiting me led to his death. I am not a boy or a man. But that was not his first mistake not even his second.

After years of rigorous training and servitude, after absolutely assuring myself that I had learnt everything there was to learn from him, I had no alternative but to eliminate him. There cannot be two best mercenaries in the land. It was a deciding battle worth every iota of the warrior in him and in me. I could not fail. He had made the mistake of accepting the job of eliminating me no matter the cost. He had made the second mistake of accepting that I was dead without making sure of it. He had made the third mistake of assuming that I was a boy.

As my sword plunged in and out of his chest with lightning speed, I knew my great undertaking had begun. After I accomplished it, the Allied Kingdoms and the world at large would change forever. It is a task of patience and I have the luxury of time. It has taken fifteen years but I have finally found my father.

My task is now in motion. It is Ekdikisi and I cannot fail. That is good for me. That is bad for him. They say it is a sign the gods are with a person when the first phase of their endeavor is a success. As I approach the Great City, I have decided to start to chronicle the events that would follow from now. It is quite simple for an undertaking so elaborate. It is in three stages and I have accomplished the first. Find him, reunite with him and kill him!

http://penastory.com/2016/02/02/vendetta-episode-1-abraham-isaac/

(1) (Reply)

My Portrait Painting Portfolio / Love Like A Drug... / A Yoruba Girl Lost In Translation: The Name Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.