Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira (1983 Views)

20 Business You Can Start With #1000 To #1500 / Business You Can Start With 150k Without Shop. / Here Are Top 13 Good Business Ideas To Start In A Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira by fortunes0215(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
I have read several times on nairaland where people ask question like what business can they do with 25k, 50k etc. The business below is very profitable if you fall in that category. Nigerians are switching to gas for cooking especially as kerosene is quite scarce and even more expensive due to government's removal of subsidy on the product.

Safe and high quality 3kg cylinders cost 5500 naira in the market and 6000 naira depending on location. The cylinders can be sourced for the purpose of resell at 5000 naira but the minimum quantity that can be bought is 5 which costs 25,000 naira in total.

A very conservative sales projection shows that if properly marketed, 3 cylinders can be sold daily. This amounts to 1500 naira profit daily. A smart and diligent marketer is able to sell 10 daily and make profit of 5000 naira profit daily.

There is high demand for the product among university/polytechnic students especially those who live off campus. Hence, huge sales can be made selling the product within densely populated student towns. Also, at the market square to market women and even to people who work in the office. The list is endless.

Drop your comments if you are interested for more details.

1 Like

Re: Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira by GRACEGLORY: 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
fortunes0215:
I have read several times on nairaland where people ask question like what business can they do with 25k, 50k etc. The business below is very profitable if you fall in that category. Nigerians are switching to gas for cooking especially as kerosene is quite scarce and even more expensive due to government's removal of subsidy on the product.

Safe and high quality 3kg cylinders cost 5500 naira in the market and 6000 naira depending on location. The cylinders can be sourced for the purpose of resell at 5000 naira but the minimum quantity that can be bought is 5 which costs 25,000 naira in total.

A very conservative sales projection shows that if properly marketed, 3 cylinders can be sold daily. This amounts to 1500 naira profit daily. A smart and diligent marketer is able to sell 10 daily and make profit of 5000 naira profit daily.

There is high demand for the product among university/polytechnic students especially those who live off campus. Hence, huge sales can be made selling the product within densely populated student towns. Also, at the market square to market women and even to people who work in the office. The list is endless.

Drop your comments if you are interested for more details.

It could tie money down, since it's not everyone who can afford it.
More so, only those close to the school area can deal based on your feasibility study.
But, I confess, it's a good idea.
Re: Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira by fortunes0215(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
GRACEGLORY:

It could tie money down, since it's not everyone who can afford it.
More so, only those close to the school area can deal based on your feasibility study.
But, I confess, it's a good idea.

It wont tie money down. As you can buy the minimum of 5 which wld be sold immediately. Also, I have only cited off-campus residents as an example of places it could be sold. It can also be sold to people in the office who can use them as back up. Several places can be identified. I also believe its a good empowerment scheme.
Re: Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira by GRACEGLORY: 1:10pm On Feb 04, 2016
fortunes0215:

It wont tie money down. As you can buy the minimum of 5 which wld be sold immediately. Also, I have only cited off-campus residents as an example of places it could be sold. It can also be sold to people in the office who can use them as back up. Several places can be identified. I also believe its a good empowerment scheme.

So many still can't afford it, while some think it's more consuming compared to kerosene.
Re: Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira by fortunes0215(m): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Do the maths. A 3kg cylinder costs about 700 and that can last you for three weeks. It is also a clean fuel which burns without releasing dangerous fumes.

Kerosene is not readily available, a litre costs about 150 naira and burns out quickly thereby spending more within the same timeframe. You may not be able to replenish it immediately you exhaust the ones you have in your stove unlike LPG which is readily available.
Re: Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira by vanmusco(m): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
i do d biz. To be candid it ties down cash. Cos nt everyday wil u see up to 3 to sell. And nija ppl wuld take adv. Cos ure d 1 goin to market it dey wil price anyaw
Re: Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira by fortunes0215(m): 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
vanmusco:
i do d biz. To be candid it ties down cash. Cos nt everyday wil u see up to 3 to sell. And nija ppl wuld take adv. Cos ure d 1 goin to market it dey wil price anyaw

Which segment of the market do you prospect and how do you convince them to buy. Share your experiences may be I can be of help.
Re: Good Business You Can Do With 25,000 Naira by GRACEGLORY: 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
fortunes0215:
Do the maths. A 3kg cylinder costs about 700 and that can last you for three weeks. It is also a clean fuel which burns without releasing dangerous fumes.

Kerosene is not readily available, a litre costs about 150 naira and burns out quickly thereby spending more within the same timeframe. You may not be able to replenish it immediately you exhaust the ones you have in your stove unlike LPG which is readily available.

You and I both know and understand the mathematics, I mean most people don't know nor understand the math. And they are the ones' who still do kerosene. Plus, they are also scared of gas explosion. So, I had to take some effort to deal the biz.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Palms,ota Shopping Mall / How Do I Change My Tbc To Btc . / Making Money From Forex Without Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.