Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Vibrating Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibrating Toyota Camry (1956 Views)

Car Jerking Abi Vibrating / Toyota Corolla Vibrating While Idle. Help!!! / Vibrating Body Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibrating Toyota Camry by GoodDike: 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
I have a 2009 V6 Toyota Camry car, anything am speeding up to 60 km it will start vibrating, after a while it stop maybe around 80 or 100 km. Pls what could be the cause and solutions.
Car gurus in the house your useful advice will be needed.
Also i discovered that the gear oil leaks randomly. How do the fix the oil leakage without bringing down the gear.
Thanks
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by mayor2013: 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
GoodDike:
I have a 2009 V6 Toyota Camry car, anything am speeding up to 60 km it will start vibrating, after a while it stop maybe around 80 or 100 km. Pls what could be the cause and solutions.
Also i discovered that the gear oil leaks randomly. How do the fix the oil leakage without bringing down the gear.
Thanks

Check your suspension parts for the vibration. For oil leak. First you need to examine where the oil leak is coming from. If its from the gasket seal of the gearbox drain pan then ir needs to be changed and resealed. If you are in lagos call multiautolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872 to fix the problem for you
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by bravolad(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
A number of things can trigger the vibration. Start with your tyres to ensure they are not worn out unevenly. Then check to see if your inner cv joints are not the culprit.

More importantly, does the vibration occur while accelerating?

You need a competent machanic to have a proper diagnosis before your start throwing money on unneeded parts. I personally won't be in a hurry to engage the services of any mechanic except I'm certain of his expertise.

The possible area of the leakage has been addressed above.
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by GoodDike: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
bravolad:
A number of things can trigger the vibration. Start with your tyres to ensure they are not worn out unevenly. Then check to see if your inner cv joints are not the culprit.

More importantly, does the vibration occur while accelerating?

You need a competent machanic to have a proper diagnosis before your start throwing money on unneeded parts. I personally won't be in a hurry to engage the services of any mechanic except I'm certain of his expertise.

The possible area of the leakage has been addressed above.

Yes, the vibration occurs while accelerating. At a point my mechanic told me that I need to grease the shaft. he did that. still the vibration still continued
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by GoodDike: 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
mayor2013:

Check your suspension parts for the vibration. For oil leak. First you need to examine where the oil leak is coming from. If its from the gasket seal of the gearbox drain pan then ir needs to be changed and resealed. If you are in lagos call multiautolab on 08165520837 or 08156087872 to fix the problem for you

Thanks for the response, which area is multilautolab situate, I stay at Igando Area of Lagos. I need a good auto lab near my place.
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by chukel(m): 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Guy, go and do wheel balancing and thank me later. Find out exactly where the transmission oil leak is coming from. Go over a pit.

1 Like

Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by rockiedink(m): 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
Like chukel said, your front wheels...and prolly the rear - just to be safe, need to be balanced.
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by mayor2013: 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
GoodDike:

Thanks for the response, which area is multilautolab situate, I stay at Igando Area of Lagos. I need a good auto lab near my place.

Multi autolab is located at 13 Alhaji olarewaju yekini akesan bustop igando
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by GoodDike: 8:12am On Feb 05, 2016
chukel:
Guy, go and do wheel balancing and thank me later. Find out exactly where the transmission oil leak is coming from. Go over a pit.

I have done the wheel balancing and alignment twice and it still continues
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by GoodDike: 8:13am On Feb 05, 2016
mayor2013:

Multi autolab is located at 13 Alhaji olarewaju yekini akesan bustop igando

Thanks. I will contact them this weekend
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by bravolad(m): 9:12am On Feb 05, 2016
GoodDike:

Yes, the vibration occurs while accelerating. At a point my mechanic told me that I need to grease the shaft. he did that. still the vibration still continued

Your inner cv joints (inner cup in local parlance) are likely worn out. Prepare to have them replaced with either used or new & genuine OEM.

A competent mechanic should be able to narrow this down.
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by chukel(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
GoodDike:

I have done the wheel balancing and alignment twice and it still continues
where you do alignment and wheel balancing matters a lot. Ask around for the best place.
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by GoodDike: 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
chukel:
where you do alignment and wheel balancing matters a lot. Ask around for the best place.

I did computerised wheel balancing at a reputable filing station
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by n1tesh5: 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
Best (professional) place for Tyre Fitment, Wheel Alignment and Balancing is at PITSTOP.
- 14B Warehouse Road, Apapa
- 17A Karimu Kotun Street, V/Island
08058698899/30
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by seyiaderinto(m): 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
Has the car been fixed
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by Edunwa302(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
GoodDike:
Thanks
Where do you feel the vibration most, is it at the steering wheel or on the entire body?
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by ikdaddy01(m): 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
This is generally a problen with some camery when they change some of the units in de suspention. Am not sure why, but maybe cause of fake parts. I changed my camber and bole joints completly like twice b4 de vibrations stopped.
It shouldnt be same thing with urs. Just be careful for fake products.
Re: Vibrating Toyota Camry by depair: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
how much is alignment n wheel balancing at pitstop

(1) (Reply)

Automotive Training / How Do I Find Engine Number Of My Toyota Corolla 2005? / Deployed Air Bags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.