Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index (14087 Views)

Nigeria Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index / Nigeria delisted From corrupt Countries Index –BMSG / Why Amaechi's Name Was Delisted From Senate Screening Today - My View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by danidee10(m): 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
crixtex:
Why are these APC pple just lying anyhow... wat is this

Cuz of uncle lai mohammed
Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
MissGdope:

Aww such a shame that I don't watch Africa Magic. I would actually love to see that episode. Its called entertainment. Anyway, I have a subscription with Irokotv so I'll watch some nollywood when i get home for college
cheers me dear wink cheesy

pay attention in class o, learn something!
Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
lookandlaff:

pay attention in class o, learn something!
cheesy i guess you have nothing more to say that makes sense. Bye felicia grin kiss
Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by mrjangaweed: 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
thanks to the vibrant pdp youths

pdp is getting stronger and stronger

shame to sellout TonyeBarcanista

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Holyman3(m): 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
LordAdam:
This is in reply to the lie propagated by a supposed Buhari Media Support Group that was referenced in this Nairaland thread -- https://www.nairaland.com/2912103/nigeria-delisted-corrupt-countries-index

And carried by this daily -- http://leadership.ng/news/497985/nigeria-delisted-corrupt-countries-index-bmsg

This is a blatant lie.

The Corruption Index put together by Transparency International is an annual ranking report to gauge the relative severity of corruption in 167 countries around the world.

The latest ranking report is the Transparency International Corruption Index 2015 and can be found here -- http://www.transparency.org/cpi2015#results-table

From the table, it is very clear that Nigeria occupies the 136th position out of 167 countries. A position the nation shares with Comoros and Tajikistan.

Nigeria also occupied the 136th position out of 167 countries in 2014 (http://www.transparency.org/cpi2014/results), showing that there was zero change in position recorded in the latest rankings.

This is very different from the lie fostered by the purported Buhari Media Support Group that Nigeria is missing from the corrupt countries index.

It should be said that the anti-corruption drive by President Buhari has been lauded in many quarters, despite the constructive criticisms. However, it is misleading and unpatriotic for any group to broker lies in the public domain for propaganda or to score cheap political points.

-Lord

The analogue rogues always forget that Internet is open.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Realist2: 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mr Adam, you forget that the propaganda crash program organised by Lia Mohammed for APC e-warriors, has started yielding result. I heard that Aisha host them to a dinner recently, and urge them to buckle up.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Tundeiab(m): 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
ozoigbondu:
APC can lie for Africa
Guy! You are WICKED!
Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Forwetinnah: 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
GEJ became president in 2011 and our ranking got worse over the years. # STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION .....Plus its a shame Our present Government had to lie about being delisted. #Naija which way na

Oh, now you want to blame GEJ right? How has the situation improved under Dullamadu the corruption fighter? 9 months in office and all we see is one damned comedy...once you people are caught in a bloody lie, you use GEJ as cover up. Tell Mgbu-gari to move Nigeria down the ranks
*who dey send these people work sef...insulting people's intelligence with far fetched stories*

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Frank3n2(m): 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
KMJY:
Excuse me sir...Excuse me sir... Buhari didn't raise his hands!

lol... Don't worry I would report him grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Chukzyfcb(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
Forwetinnah:

Oh, now you want to blame GEJ right? How has the situation improved under Dullamadu the corruption fighter? 9 months in office and all we see is one damned comedy...once you people are caught in a bloody lie, you use GEJ as cover up. Tell Mgbu-gari to move Nigeria down the ranks
*who dey send these people work sef...insulting people's intelligence with far fetched stories*
I'm not blaming GEJ, if you read well. I below criticised the current government for lieing to the people. I'm neither pro gej nor anti jonathan. All I'm concerned about is the welfare of nigeria, and I stated the obvious in the chart! Stop being blind to the truth. Criticise who deserve criticisms and stop playing biased politics
Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by egobetatoday: 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
Agwoden:
They think we're all zombies. They'll soon run out of lies to tell their supporters. 2019 isn't tomorrow.

U are joking! what does it take to employ more liars? Who knows, Liar Mohammed's son might do better than his father!
The word 'Buhari' and 'propaganda' are synonymous.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by 1Dray(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
optional1:
Ok if u no sabi lie as a Nigerian child nd citizen u need prayer.

Ask ur father to ask ur grand father to ask ur great grand father to ask ur fore father who u b.

Everything about you is "Child". BTW, what is this child doing on Nairaland?
Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by dangermouse(m): 8:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
NaijainTexas:
Besides, why would it be missing? When I read that I was confused. If it were improving, it would change positions on the list, not just go missing altogether. This is a ranking of ALL countries.

Odd.
Are u surprised? Just like the missing waec certificate kept with the Nigerian army which we have not seen till date, Nigeria's corruption result got missing too. Thanks to op, u helped us found this one

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by oikechukwu: 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
#change. #sai bihari

ROTFLMFAOo
Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by FLYFIRE(m): 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
missKiffy:
Chai, some people can lie embarassed
We don enter am oo. We call this JOLLOF JOURNALISM

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by FLYFIRE(m): 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
missKiffy:
Chai, some people can lie embarassed
We don enter am oo. We call this JOLLOF JOURNALISM

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by NaijainTexas: 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
dangermouse:

Are u surprised? Just like the missing waec certificate kept with the Nigerian army which we have not seen till date, Nigeria's corruption result got missing too. Thanks to op, u helped us found this one

I think the most disconcerting part is the idea that someone used the fact that they likely missed seeing 'Nigeria' on the list as 'proof' that our country has won the war on corruption--so much so, that we've been removed from the list altogether. Then they used it to say that Buhari's fairly new fight against corruption has been successful in just 7 months. What kind of bad marketing is this? Better yet, WHO are the people behind BMSG, what are their pedigrees?

My concern is that 1) either BMSG believe their own story or 2) they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Both of which are extremely worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
dangermouse:

Dem think say Na budget of 2016 grin...
Dem wan erase Nigeria from the list with magic stories.
Crase people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Vehicles Burnt As Petroleum Tanker Goes Aflame In Ibadan / Naira Redesign: Tinubu Behind Plot To Remove Emefiele, Says Atiku Campaign / Stop Targeting Our Politicians In Corruption Probe, Northern Groups Warn EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.