Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? (1449 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Lists Out His Achievements In Office During Speech At Oxford / Ben Murray-Bruce States His Achievements In The Senate / Shell’s $3.5 Billion Assa Gas Plant In Imo Set To Kick-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by Herald47: 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
I learnt that rochas is claiming the shell $3.5b gas plant in assa north,ohaji/egbema l.g.a as part of his achievement.this is disapproving,he shouldn't claime private industries in his industrilization bid.maybe he may also claim the shoprite at egbu as part of his achievements.
Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by DesChyko: 3:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
They all do it; PDP or APC. They claim projects they know nothing about due to the lack of achievements in their reign.

Probably he convinced them to put it in place? Or improve their output? More detail is needed.
Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by asha80(m): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
Herald47:
I learnt that rochas is claiming the shell $3.5b gas plant in assa north,ohaji/egbema l.g.a as part of his achievement.this is disapproving,he shouldn't claime private industries in his industrilization bid.maybe he may also claim the shoprite at egbu as part of his achievements.
what I am more interested in is if the gas plant construction is still going on as I don't bother what rochas os claiming or not
Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by meforyou1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
Okorocha is a criminal

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by sigiyaya(m): 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
don't mind that FOOLISH abokii

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by Abagworo(m): 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
asha80:
what I am more interested in is if the gas plant construction is still going on as I don't bother what rochas os claiming or not

Why is it now a problem accepting the fact that the negotiations were done by him and he is equally building the business park there. I feel disappointed each time I learn of youths scaring away investors because of politics. Look at what they did to Adapalm and same Roche Company which was grounded by Imo youths at Egbema and Agwa are now managing Rivers palm with profit. You cannot develop by fighting investors. They said Roche a Swiss company is owned by Okorocha but now that they've left and gone to more condusive Rivers people have realised they were genuine investors.

Don't be surprised if the gas plant is eventually moved and they will blame Okorocha.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by asha80(m): 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abagworo:

Why is it now a problem accepting the fact that the negotiations were done by him and he is equally building the business park there. I feel disappointed each time I learn of youths scaring away investors because of politics. Look at what they did to Adapalm and same Roche Company which was grounded by Imo youths at Egbema and Agwa are now managing Rivers palm with profit. You cannot develop by fighting investors. They said Roche a Swiss company is owned by Okorocha but now that they've left and gone to more condusive Rivers people have realised they were genuine investors.

Don't be surprised if the gas plant is eventually moved and they will blame Okorocha.
I dont see how what you wrote answers my question..i dont see any where I said should not take glory or not..i simply asked whether the project was still on and not whether rochas takes the glory or not...na the op you suppose ask those your questions...finally people from that axis need the brain reset from negatives

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by jonathanOz: 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abagworo:

You defend everything Rochas that sometimes you don't bother understanding before responding. The argument is, that project ain't Rochas's. Maybe his govt attracted the investors, but he shouldn't make it seem like he is financing the project.
Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by Abagworo(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
asha80:
I dont see how what you wrote answers my question..i dont see any where I said should not take glory or not..i simply asked whether the project was still on and not whether rochas takes the glory or not...na the op you suppose ask those your questions...finally people from that axis need the brain reset from negatives

Not in response to your post. I quoted you by error.
Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by Abagworo(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
jonathanOz:

You defend everything Rochas that sometimes you don't bother understanding before responding. The argument is, that project ain't Rochas's. Maybe his govt attracted the investors, but he shouldn't make it seem like he is financing the project.

Did he make such claims? if so then it's wrong. However Imo Govt sited an Industrial park there.
Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by niyisky: 6:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
I really don't understand how you people think. This is a laudable project negotiated by Rochas, and to be embarked by shell. How sure are you that the state government does not have a stake in the project. What you don't know about puplic private projects like this one is that the state government may only provide one of the factors of production which is land for free for a stake. Stop bringing down others if you are not sure, except maybe you have the contract document as a proof.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by nzeobi(m): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
Very soon you will see rescue mission written around the proposed site.
Rochas the true face of APCs change.
Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by Herald47: 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
niyisky:
I really don't understand how you people think. This is a laudable project negotiated by Rochas, and to be embarked by shell. How sure are you that the state government does not have a stake in the project. What you don't know about puplic private projects like this one is that the state government may only provide one of the factors of production which is land for free for a stake. Stop bringing down others if you are not sure, except maybe you have the contract document as a proof.
why not encourage him to also claim the shoprite at egbu road.
Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by LordMecuzy(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
Every Governor takes the glory of creating an enabling environment for investors. its normal biko

I've seen a thread here where Obiano was commissioning a very big Agricultural farm and everyone was praising him. .It's normal nothing new.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? by Abagworo(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Herald47:
why not encourage him to also claim the shoprite at egbu road.

Why won't he claim it like other Governors? Its development that came in his time. Every investment in Imo State is to his credit as Governor. He is even better than others that he is not always doing jamboree of flag off and commissioning.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Falls Victim To A Food Crisis It Created - New York Times.. / Nigerian Pastor Converts To Islam...hurriedly Adopts New Name (photos) / Lagos Set To Launch Economic Team After Named 5th Largest Economy In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.