Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days (31947 Views)

Photos: Funny Things Kids Do When Left Alone / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Man Beaten For Peeping At Couple In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Faith111: 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hmmm...
Beaten to the point I asked my Mom who my parents really were and longed for a day they'll tell me some1 else was my Mom...
Dad didn't really beat me much.

I remember my Mom beating me mercilessly because I sold stuff above her normal selling price and kept the Surplus to myself...
Guess What? After beating me I had to still go and sell the next day.

5 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Ahmeduana(m): 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
kennyman2000:
when i was his age, i couldnt even near the TV remote for months when we bought a Tv then.
YOU SURE SAY YOU MA NO BE INDOMIE GENERATION SO? because way back there is nothing like remote, na PRESIDENT tv and na winning we de wine am before we change channel kumo come go touch the area wey dey on top of bamboo pole BEFORE WE GO FIT WATCH MIGHTY IGOR, ROCKY JOHNSON, MASKARA

9 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Seventeen(f): 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
In my own case, my parents werent d beating type. But e get one special chair for my papa room dat time.... Cheiii d worst punishment in my house den was to go and sit there. U go just sit there like statue, ur only entertainment na to watch d ceiling fan rotate. Ur prayer go be make God just touch eem mind to say those magic words.. "u can go". The worst thing dat can happen to u was for him to forget and NTA 9 oclock news start... Omooo, na dia u go sleep because no hope till 10... And depending on wen d punishment began, e fit be say u never chop night food. Kaiii dat punishment dint use to be funny oo. At times u fit sit on dat chair from 5 in d evening till 10. Dat time we de wish say na beat dem de beat us oo, because highest 10 mins u don cry finish forget matter.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by tottinova: 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Rollingdice:
Today's kids are so spoilt that they don't know that in our days you
could be beaten for any of the following reasons:
1. Crying after being beaten.
2. Not crying after being beaten
3. Crying without being beaten
4. Standing while the elders are seated
5. Sitting while the elders stand
6. Walking around aimlessly where the elders are seated.
7. Replying back to an elder
8. Not replying back to an elder
9. Spending too much time without being beaten.
10. Singing after being admonished
11. Not greeting visitors
12. Eating food prepared for the visitors.
13. Crying to go with the visitors when the visitors are leaving.
14. Refusing to eat.
15. Coming back home after sunset
16. Eating at the neighbour's home
17. Generally being moody.
18. Generally being too excited.
19. Fighting with your age mate and losing.
20. Fighting with your age mate and winning.
21. Eating too slowly
22. Eating too quickly
23. Eating too much
24. Sleeping while the elders had already woken up
25. Looking at the visitors while they are eating
26.Stumbling and falling when walking...

Source: Nhyira 104.5 FM, Kumasi,
Ghana - https://mobile.facebook.com/nhyira104.5fm/photos/a.208968822480229.50416.182243201819458/1006058822771221/?type=3&_rdr

No4 made me laugh so hard that I swallowed my meat without chewing it cry

See what you caused cry

4 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by ipledge10(m): 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
i chop beating no be small, I was like chris in everybody hate chris. Every beating was a hit back to back from pankere, to atori, to koboko, to igi guava, to wire and soldier belt
shout out to my soldier daddy.
you chop igi guava. ..guy you are already a hero,nothing in this world should scare u again

6 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Chicagoesontop: 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Anytime My Mum Is In The Sitting Room Discussing With Visitors And You Walked In Knowingly Or Unknowingly, Without Her Calling You !!! Just Use Your Hand To Go And Bring The Cane Because You Won't Like The Look In Her Eyes .. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by kennyman2000(m): 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ahmeduana:

YOU SURE SAY YOU MA NO BE INDOMIE GENERATION SO? because way back there is nothing like remote, na PRESIDENT tv and na winning we de wine am before we change channel kumo come go touch the area wey dey on top of bamboo pole BEFORE WE GO FIT WATCH MIGHTY IGOR, ROCKY JOHNSON, MASKARA

Lol.. Am talking about when we started having Remote TV then. Which was around 1998. The likes of SHARP TV, PANASONIC.

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mackson01:
Beaten for buying an egg to eat as a child. Olee!
not only egg oo even fish and other things Aboki man dey sell cheesy

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by adewaletb3(m): 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Rollingdice:

Sure they were. Not in this generation of indomie kids.
When you have your kid bro make sure you do all you mentioned.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Yugoos: 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
Fully on point. Nice one OP. Person be suffer o. Lols

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by WATCHOVER(m): 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
When you use left hand to give an elder water, guess what? your matter go turn sermon then beating follows.

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by zanga420: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
Rollingdice:

Sure they were. Not in this generation of indomie kids.
are they acts of discipline or maltreating and abusing kids
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Oduirewamiri(f): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
I bedwet no b small, u all know what followed

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by gmaribel(m): 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin playing football and coming home with dirty feet.

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by tunnyl(m): 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
TYPICAL REACTIONS OF YORUBA MOTHERS TO THE OP WOULD BE:

1. Crying after being beaten.

"*Slaps the child on the lips and say " FEM FEM"

2. Not crying after being beaten
"Esu ni omo yi o" *starts to beat the child again*

3. Crying without being beaten

Wipes the child a dirty slap and yells "Egba melo ni mo na e to tin ba enu jE ehn!?"

10. Singing after being admonished
*Gets angry and flings slippers at the child* "ehn eeehnn oya kpadawa nbi bayi"

11. Not greeting visitors

*Taps the child on the head* "Iwo omo alayi leko yi"

12. Eating food prepared for the visitors.

*Taps the child on the head* "ole oloju kokoro, to ba kpe ko to wole lo ni siyin"

14. Refusing to eat.
*Sneaks up on child and wipe him three powerful combos of cane fayi! fayi!! fayi!!!* "Oya bere sini je ounje yen ni siyin siyin"

19. Fighting with your age mate and losing
*kilode talk na e. *child replies* *parent disappointed* gives the child heavy knocks on the head* "ode ni e okponu, oya nisho nibe Jo"

21. Eating too slowly
*knocks the child* "jeun kia abi Iwo loma fo abo ni"

22. Eating too quickly
*gives the child heavy abara(back slap).* "ole!. WO bi o shey shey enu bi ti kpekpeye, on jehun bi eni ti ogba ojo iku"

26.Stumbling and falling when walking...*lifts the child up* dust him up* mutters incoherent sounds* Gives the child continuous tapping at the back Of the head while reapeating. "Mo ti ni ki o ma WO ile to ba NRI ode okponu boo boo lagutan WO".

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by ebukaOtika(m): 8:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wizzz:
No be small thing. Even breathing anyhow was a problem grin

Lolss u got me here

But what of not crying @ the child's delivery..... The doctor Introduced the first beating of life

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by ebukaOtika(m): 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
i chop beating no be small, I was like chris in everybody hate chris. Every beating was a hit back to back from pankere, to atori, to koboko, to igi guava, to wire and soldier belt
shout out to my soldier daddy.

Bobo indomie ti take over

Ko ni dafun ..........
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Zico0(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
mosho2good:
I was beaten mercilessly wen Bubu enter as a president
my parent blame me that it my vote that let Buhari to win
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by ebukaOtika(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
sonofthunder:
We thank God for Jesus.

Why the Disturbancement naaanaaa undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Abbeyunique2(m): 9:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
ipledge10:
you chop igi guava. ..guy you are already a hero,nothing in this world should scare u again
lol. abi nah. igi guava nah him bad pass, he no dey spoil unlike normal atori and hausa cain.

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by richard870(m): 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2016
The kids rolling tires look happy while "mr bicycle looks dispirited".....life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by ipledge10(m): 9:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

lol. abi nah. igi guava nah him bad pass, he no dey spoil unlike normal atori and hausa cain.
Igi guava is bad cry cry...then I don't know there is gonna be a time that I will be free from cane

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by aldexrio(m): 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2016
beating because you ate in your friend's house (longer throat) beating because you went to game house (na die that day)

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by XaintJoel20: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2016
kennyman2000:
Lol... These indomie generation will find it difficult to understand why one will be beaten for those offences.. They'll never understand.

Some will even have sleepless night thinking how would one be beaten for this and that offence.

Some will even turn it to a research project.

Indomie generation just dey enjoy anyhow.

Watched my niece pick up his dad's phone anytime he's a call and be speaking with the caller before handing the phone to his dad.. You'll hear, ''daddy, Mr kamoru want to talk to with you ooo'' while when i was his age, i couldnt even near the TV remote for months when we bought a Tv then.

All thanks to technology!

May God bless our hustles for our parents to reap the fruit of their labour bountifully!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
It's totally wrong for your niece to pick his dad's phone when he has a call. It has nothing to do with 'Indomie generation'. Stop her from it...
Thanks...
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by damilareoye: 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
grin

Person suffer then no be small.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
Two of the most significant for me were:
1. While learning how to read time. Dad constructed a paper clock and 'exorcised' the mumu spirit in me.
2.while learning the 'ami ohun' in yoruba.
Oboi

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Ugosample(m): 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
banmee:
I
Do you see a pattern? in normal countries, the punishment must fit the crime. Parents in Africa beat for every single reason. This is one of the reasons people think it's ok to burn a suspected thief for stealing maggi. Don't get me wrong, I gave my kids a good asss wooping when they were younger. Not all the time, but just enough. I stopped when they hit ten years old. Their brains are already formed; it's time to start explaining things to them.
I agree with you 100 %

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by kadree(m): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
I remember wen my mama give me #2.50k to go buy Coca Cola come for her from mama nene place. Sharp Sharp i don enta my short nicker, pick race n before u knw, i don land for mumsy front. It was a hot afternoon n d drink was so chilled. I follow mumsy enta sitting room as she prepares to sample d content. I find space, sat opposite her, waiting for d best news from her... D way wey i take channel my attention on her, even film like Robin hood, renta-ghost, Dr woo, voltron n one Chinese film wey we dey call "I trust my leg" no get my attention like dat.
As mumsy dey gulp,wey emptiness dey find space more n more inside d bottle, nai my throat dey salivate dey dry at d same time. suddenly,without looking at my direction, mumsy stretched her hand wich was handling wht was almost "d pillar of life" to me at dt moment. as i move wit amazing speed, stretching my hand to get d drink, to feel some long awaited relieve, d sound of d knock wey land for my fore-head go leave thunder strike filled wit envy.
I just hold my head, suffri find my easy way go outside. It tuk me almost a day before i reach mama nene place to return d bottle. Our mamas, i tuale. Dey r d best.

12 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Ugosample(m): 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
Seventeen:
In my own case, my parents werent d beating type. But e get one special chair for my papa room dat time.... Cheiii d worst punishment in my house den was to go and sit there. U go just sit there like statue, ur only entertainment na to watch d ceiling fan rotate. Ur prayer go be make God just touch eem mind to say those magic words.. "u can go". The worst thing dat can happen to u was for him to forget and NTA 9 oclock news start... Omooo, na dia u go sleep because no hope till 10... And depending on wen d punishment began, e fit be say u never chop night food. Kaiii dat punishment dint use to be funny oo. At times u fit sit on dat chair from 5 in d evening till 10. Dat time we de wish say na beat dem de beat us oo, because highest 10 mins u don cry finish forget matter.

lol

Nice
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Odiz(m): 9:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Good old times...may God bless our parents

You can check my signature for a private tutor. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by sonofthunder: 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
ebukaOtika:

Why the Disturbancement naaanaaa undecided undecided undecided
what disturbance bro?
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by smartnero24(m): 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
1) Beating for going to visit your friend. 2) Beating for bringn ur friends home to play.
#wenWEwerKIDS #twasFUN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? / Help! Please, I Beat My Wife / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 27 Years Of Childless Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.