Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days (31949 Views)

Photos: Funny Things Kids Do When Left Alone / Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Man Beaten For Peeping At Couple In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by nightmile: 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
Bigdreams:

So true! Lol!

Chai!

You must start the cry so that people around you will notice and possibly help you beg your dad so that the 'cup of beating' will pass you over.

In my own case it will be reserved for you and unleashed at the slightest opportunity. My babe once jokingly told me my left ear is longer than that of the right ear but in my mind I know my mum caused it.

6 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by annawhite(f): 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
My mom style of beating was epic....during church services she will be watching out for me...I was very fond of running errands for nursing mothers while service was going on# mom would beckon on me.... And when I get closer # church members would think mom whispering to me not knowing my big toe is undergoing series of torture from my mom shoes # chai my mom

6 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by annawhite(f): 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Another severe kind of beating was if mom catches u around any boy in the neighbourhood # poor barber close to my house fell in love with Me# not knowing I was trying to con him and make him buy stuff for me....mode of communication was letter# that type that starts with ditto # well to cut story short...one of such letters from him got to my mom.... Oh boy see combined beating from dad and mom...every beatings came wit a caution....dad be like u fiam # u fiam# u fiam# want to be a LovePeddler..fiam fiam fiam fiam

6 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by heybeemoney(m): 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
hummmm, I can still vividly remember wen mama Ibeji will used rope to tight I n my bro leg with chair n leave us for farm.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by crusufixo(m): 11:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
God bless our parents............

As hard as they were on us, it was for our own good, and on the long run, it paid off

We are better people now if not for their hardened training....

hence, give them the utmost respect, because they deserve it.......

4 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Ego2(f): 11:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Not laughing after been beaten or not saying sorry after she must av told u to keep ur sorry.

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by okuneddie(m): 11:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
Rollingdice:
Today's kids are so spoilt that they don't know that in our days you
could be beaten for any of the following reasons:
1. Crying after being beaten.
2. Not crying after being beaten
3. Crying without being beaten
4. Standing while the elders are seated
5. Sitting while the elders stand
6. Walking around aimlessly where the elders are seated.
7. Replying back to an elder
8. Not replying back to an elder
9. Spending too much time without being beaten.
10. Singing after being admonished
11. Not greeting visitors
12. Eating food prepared for the visitors.
13. Crying to go with the visitors when the visitors are leaving.
14. Refusing to eat.
15. Coming back home after sunset
16. Eating at the neighbour's home
17. Generally being moody.
18. Generally being too excited.
19. Fighting with your age mate and losing.
20. Fighting with your age mate and winning.
21. Eating too slowly
22. Eating too quickly
23. Eating too much
24. Sleeping while the elders had already woken up
25. Looking at the visitors while they are eating
26.Stumbling and falling when walking...

Source: Nhyira 104.5 FM, Kumasi,
Ghana - https://mobile.facebook.com/nhyira104.5fm/photos/a.208968822480229.50416.182243201819458/1006058822771221/?type=3&_rdr

Oga I don't know if this pay u or not and I don't know the mod that pushed this to FP....it posted this and no mod pushed it to FP...I even posted it on my Fb page...now I don't know where u got it or if u u are the owner of the Fb page u put as source but OP and all mods show some respect.....u suck!!! www.nairaland.com/2912483/how-discipled-days
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Ayauche(f): 11:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
danidee10:
Our parents were really tough grin

Nna ehhh those days weren't easy at all

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by chival(f): 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
I can relate to practically all of them and now that I am a parent myself, I am guilty of at least five things on that list.

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by chival(f): 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
@ #25, my mum will go like: "You have not seen food before, abi? Usa!". I miss my childhood.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Ayauche(f): 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=tunnyl post=42625149]TYPICAL REACTIONS OF YORUBA MOTHERS TO THE OP WOULD BE:

"*Slaps the child on the lips and say " FEM FEM"

"Esu ni omo yi o" *starts to beat the child again*

Wipes the child a dirty slap and yells "Egba melo ni mo na e to tin ba enu jE ehn!?"

*Gets angry and flings slippers at the child* "ehn eeehnn oya kpadawa nbi bayi"

*Taps the child on the head* "Iwo omo alayi leko yi"

*Taps the child on the head* "ole oloju kokoro, to ba kpe ko to wole lo ni siyin"

14. Refusing to eat.
*Sneaks up on child and wipe him three powerful combos of cane fayi! fayi!! fayi!!!* "Oya bere sini je ounje yen ni siyin siyin"

19. Fighting with your age mate and losing
*kilode talk na e. *child replies* *parent disappointed* gives the child heavy knocks on the head* "ode ni e okponu, oya nisho nibe Jo"

21. Eating too slowly
*knocks the child* "jeun kia abi Iwo loma fo abo ni"

22. Eating too quickly
*gives the child heavy abara(back slap).* "ole!. WO bi o shey shey enu bi ti kpekpeye, on jehun bi eni ti ogba ojo iku"

26.Stumbling and falling when walking...*lifts the child up* dust him up* mutters incoherent sounds* Gives the child continuous tapping at the back Of the head while reapeating. "Mo ti ni ki o ma WO ile to ba NRI ode okponu boo boo lagutan WO".

Hahhahahahahhaah abeg ooo shey u wan kill me with laff?

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by holyfather(m): 11:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
chokovirus:
I will never forget the treatment I got when I rushed out in excitement to welcome my dad not minding I was barefooted. Parents those days been dey very harsh o.. cheesy

na military rule cause the harshness.
don't blame them. grin
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by lilreese: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
Soo true
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Koleman(m): 12:19am On Feb 05, 2016
World don spoil.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by princeemmy123(m): 12:33am On Feb 05, 2016
danidee10:
Our parents were really tough grin
. abt 22 years ago, i went out with my mum and she asked me to carry food in a poly bag along with her, she slaped for carryin d bag too low and asked me to lift it up a bit, i did and received anoda slap for carryin it like my depends on it, i decided to balance it to d middle again i receivd a slap statin dat attractin peoples attention. so, i surgested placing it on my head, i got a knock for behavin like a fool, den i started cryin voluntarily waitin for d next action from her, i swear i tire dat day hen. cant forget.

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 2:33am On Feb 05, 2016
coughing while eating is my problem, m always beaten for that...
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Rollingdice(m): 3:06am On Feb 05, 2016
okuneddie:

Oga I don't know if this pay u or not and I don't know the mod that pushed this to FP....it posted this and no mod pushed it to FP...I even posted it on my Fb page...now I don't know where u got it or if u u are the owner of the Fb page u put as source but OP and all mods show some respect.....u suck!!! www.nairaland.com/2912483/how-discipled-days

Sorry that urs didn't make fp. Next time even if you pick a piece from the gutter please acknowledge it. Don't take the glory for what u didn't create.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Rollingdice(m): 3:06am On Feb 05, 2016
OlayinkaFawaz:
grin
OlayinkaFawaz:
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Rollingdice(m): 3:10am On Feb 05, 2016
annawhite:
Another severe kind of beating was if mom catches u around any boy in the neighbourhood # poor barber close to my house fell in love with Me# not knowing I was trying to con him and make him buy stuff for me....mode of communication was letter# that type that starts with ditto # well to cut story short...one of such letters from him got to my mom.... Oh boy see combined beating from dad and mom...every beatings came wit a caution....dad be like u fiam # u fiam# u fiam# want to be a LovePeddler..fiam fiam fiam fiam

grin
annawhite:

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by ak4ac(m): 6:03am On Feb 05, 2016
every beating was a hit back2back from backhand slap to knocking to punishment to koboko iyalaya forgiveness reedom ti takeover.....quickly I remembered arnd 91 or 90 wey we dey been play with match stick n d play boomerang cum catch smoke/fire.......... guys complete d tori yasef keypad don hang
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by henryhemon(m): 6:51am On Feb 05, 2016
It was real parenting and fun then. Grew up as a normal kid not kids of these days before 10 sef they 're introduced to adulthood.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by bfatoba(m): 6:56am On Feb 05, 2016
Don't walk behind your parents.
Don't accept anything without seeking permission first, even when you're offered
Don't fail a class
Never forget to do your homework
Don't let the food burn while playing
when they tell you to stay away from somebody, they mean don't be anywhere in the same area
don't eat anyone's leftovers
don't ask for money from anyone
don't contribute to adult conversations
Don't lie
If you lie, never come clean
If you lie, always come clean
If you lie, don't cry
If you lie, once caught, start crying for the beating... matter of fact start begging
Don't sleep at Night vigil

When I was younger, like 6 years old, my mum came to visit the pops and I, in Lagos. the following monday when she was leaving, i was dressed and ready to go to school and then I asked my mum if she'd still be there when I returned, and she said no... so i started crying and holding her, saying mummy don't go... My pops just broke a branch of some flower tree and beat me once so hard!, the only thing I heard him say was that He was going to take Okada to my school and if he gets there before me, he will beat me all the way back home... I swear, that day, I don't think my legs touched the ground till I got to school... only when I got there before him .. was I able to cry properly.

I still hate him for it till today.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by ussy09(m): 7:09am On Feb 05, 2016
grin lol op u gat me laffin hard.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by tunnyl(m): 7:47am On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=Ayauche post=42629425][/quote]

Its even funnier when the mother Is a fast talker. You know!, Those women that talks as if there's hot yam in their mouth.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by luckycliff: 8:11am On Feb 05, 2016
hahaha , my mom will spit on the ground and tell me to come back before the spit dry off, if the spit dry na wahala

2 Likes

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Dayshow: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2016
Dad was a king in dis biz. Beating for buying food outside witout permission nd for playing supermario.
Also for singing Sunny Nneji's "this ikebe go put me for trouble". But today my little nephews dy use my dad play ten ten

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by victme1(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2016
HMMMM Me! beating ke! shoooo
one this is i don’t know how my mum usually knows upon setting eyes on me that i have gone swimming in that river again! next action is her leg pushing forward to remove her slippers (not dunlop o! but one yellow slippers like that. it will leave marks allover your body) and start whipping me allover my body! "omo yi woni pami"
Shoo who is dying at that moment! Is it the flogger or the flogged.

But now i know better. Salt water makes ones skin dry and whitish. That is how she usuall gets to know. CHAI!!!! I suffer then o!!!!
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by free37: 9:04am On Feb 05, 2016
Rollingdice:
Today's kids are so spoilt that they don't know that in our days you
could be beaten for any of the following reasons:
4. Standing while the elders are seated
5. Sitting while the elders stand
6. Walking around aimlessly where the elders are seated.
7. Replying back to an elder
8. Not replying back to an elder
9. Spending too much time without being beaten.
13. Crying to go with the visitors when the visitors are leaving.
14. Refusing to eat.
15. Coming back home after sunset
16. Eating at the neighbour's home
17. Generally being moody.
18. Generally being too excited.
19. Fighting with your age mate and losing.
20. Fighting with your age mate and winning.
21. Eating too slowly
22. Eating too quickly
23. Eating too much
24. Sleeping while the elders had already woken up
25. Looking at the visitors while they are eating
26.Stumbling and falling when walking...

Source: Nhyira 104.5 FM, Kumasi,
Ghana - https://mobile.facebook.com/nhyira104.5fm/photos/a.208968822480229.50416.182243201819458/1006058822771221/?type=3&_rdr

grin
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by omoharry(f): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2016
kennyman2000:
Lol... These indomie generation will find it difficult to understand why one will be beaten for those offences.. They'll never understand.

Some will even have sleepless night thinking how would one be beaten for this and that offence.

Some will even turn it to a research project.

Indomie generation just dey enjoy anyhow.

Watched my niece pick up his dad's phone anytime he's a call and be speaking with the caller before handing the phone to his dad.. You'll hear, ''daddy, Mr kamoru want to talk to with you ooo'' while when i was his age, i couldnt even near the TV remote for months when we bought a Tv then.

All thanks to technology!

May God bless our hustles for our parents to reap the fruit of their labour bountifully!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
No be small ooo!!..our parent go lock the T.V (those covered up tv set) when ever they are going out or traveling but trust us children, we always know our way around the chains to unlock and watch our super ted and voltron then fix it back the way popsi left it after watching..hihi!..our parent were tough in the 80s and early 90s.

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Hapuya: 9:59am On Feb 05, 2016
Saying an adult person was wrong or was a liar (No matter how useless and wrong that adult was) grin

This, my friend, is a CAPITAL CRIME!

1 Like

Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by Akaujaa(m): 10:47am On Feb 05, 2016
Hitler kind of life back then...but it was fun anyway.
Re: Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days by chokovirus: 11:43am On Feb 05, 2016
holyfather:

na military rule cause the harshness.
don't blame them. grin

grin grin grin with the way many kids dey behave dis days e be like say time don dey reach to revisit that military regime o..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? / Help! Please, I Beat My Wife / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 27 Years Of Childless Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.