Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,885 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

If Uwazuruike (massob) Is Involved In Kidnapping, He Should Die, Biafra Or Not - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Uwazuruike (massob) Is Involved In Kidnapping, He Should Die, Biafra Or Not (946 Views)

Good of Igbo Land / Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB / Nigeria Wont Know Peace If Uwazuruike Is Retried’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Uwazuruike (massob) Is Involved In Kidnapping, He Should Die, Biafra Or Not by Afaukwu: 2:20am On Jul 02, 2009
Kidnapper fingers MASSOB leader
From Ali M. Ali in Abuja, 07.01.2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Leader of a kidnapping gang that recently abducted two Chinese, Innocent Orji Alias ‘B’ Stone General, yesterday alleged that Leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Chief Raphael Uwazuruike, an Army Corporal, Ike Nwachuchu, serving in Lagos and an Onitsha based millionaire, Chief Innocent Igbowa, are his major sponsors.

He made this allegation while being paraded by Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, alleging that Uwazuruike recruited him shortly after his arrest by the Federal Government, preparatory to forming an army of protesters that will stage rallies and protests to force government to release him.

He also said Uwazuruike, through his personal assistant, directed him to meet Igbowa, who gave N1million as take-off grant, while Nwachukwu kitted the group members with army uniforms.

Commenting on circumstances surrounding the death of one of the Chinese in their custody, he said the man died due to heavy rainfall in the bush when they fled from their camp during gun battle with security agents.

He said, “I started with MASSOB. Uwazuruike made me Chief Commandant when we buried Gabriel Ogwu from Mbaise. This is because I was in charge of training the boys in parade and others. In 2006 when Uwazuruike was arrested, he asked me to lead the boys to make noise by organising rallies and protests to force the Federal Government to release him.

“ We now thought of ways to generate funds for the project. We then moved to Nnewi, to meet one Innocent, to help us and he gave N1million but my boys came and presented N400, 000 to me, saying they got the money from traders in the market who donated as part of their contribution to the project.

“One corporal Chukwubuka Ike Nwachukwu, serving with the Nigeria Army in Lagos provided us with military uniforms and military training by taking us to various places where we spent at least four days in the bush. He later led us to an abandoned prison yard in Nnewi, where we slept for some days. One early morning, he took some people on patrol, and when they returned, he said they have gone to destroy a nearby Police station and I freaked out. I said that was not part of their mandate. He left with the AK 47 rifles he collected from the Police and that was the beginning of our misunderstanding with him,” he narrated.

He said after the incident, he took his men to one of their camps in Ebonyi State and sent them to Innoson Group of Companies in Nnewi, where they Kidnapped Innocent and the two Chinese, and later released Innocent after receiving N20million ransom.

He said the money was used to pay salaries of N20, 000 each to the 28 men under his Command, and to sponsor five of his men’s wedding.
Re: If Uwazuruike (massob) Is Involved In Kidnapping, He Should Die, Biafra Or Not by Bialegend(m): 2:30am On Jul 02, 2009
My fren, you dey mind that cheap/crap nigerian propaganda? Are you that cheap as well to fall for this crap?
Re: If Uwazuruike (massob) Is Involved In Kidnapping, He Should Die, Biafra Or Not by Afaukwu: 2:34am On Jul 02, 2009
I said ''if''. I do not think anybody here is more Igbo than me, but if he is found to be involved 9following a thorough investigation), even Igbos should deal with him
Re: If Uwazuruike (massob) Is Involved In Kidnapping, He Should Die, Biafra Or Not by Bialegend(m): 2:50am On Jul 02, 2009
Afaukwu:

I said ''if''. I do not think anybody here is more Igbo than me, but if he is found to be involved 9following a thorough investigation), even Igbos should deal with him
Yes, you are right, but you should know better in the nigeria's scheme of things. I didn't even bother reading that crap twice nor posting it here or in any other forum for discussion having known that it's the same ol' but renewed nigerian crap propaganda to paint Uwazuruike bad and bring him and his efforts down. But the man himself is too much to fall for such crap. The article is irrelevant.

(1) (Reply)

"Being Obama's Brother"- Obama's Kenyan Brother Tells His Story / Pdp Is Finally Buried In Edo State As Ac Wins Etsako Re-run Elections / Northern Elements Push Danjuma For Vp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.