Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits (43412 Views)

Ask Abaribe, Others If You Are Looking For Nnamdi Kanu – Garba Shehu / Queen Of England Presents To Chukwu-Emeka Chikezie An MBE Award / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by Iceathome(m): 6:37am On Feb 05, 2016
Ponponkon:
Goodnews coming out from the only eyes of ndigbo UkwaNgwaland

Feb 26 says it better!
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by SonOfEl(m): 6:51am On Feb 05, 2016
UncleJJ:

Yes Nigerian ! But, IPOB is making everyone skeptical about the east.

These are military equipment not housewares. From, the look on Saraki's face the senator is just wasting his time.

He may get the contract for training kits but definitely not for real soldiers.

UncleJJ people like you end up disgracing their people. "From the look of sarakis face...." Are you saraki? Your envy and insecurity are the reason why Nigeria can never truly be developed. You would rather import from Germany than encourage local manufacturing. And who told you innoson does not design and manufacture? FREE MB have given Novices like you free voice. Even Nissan, Honda, etc do not manufacture every part of their vehicles, they outsource to companies specialized in making those parts. Mumu is your name.

Besides, the senator should have invited the other senator to the so called factory in ABA.

Military boots and uniform are from very durable materials and made by companies who have experience or have brought in experienced individuals to do so.

For all we know, these guys are importing this shi*t from vietnam, china or indonesia.

It's the same way we where told innoson is a manufacturing plant , while infact it's an assembly plant.

Defence contracts are not childs play and are only issued to the most trusted of candidates. Unfortunately , eastern Nigeria is on short supply of this so called element.,
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 05, 2016
UncleJJ:

These are military equipment not housewares. From, the look on Saraki's face the senator is just wasting his time.

Besides, the senator should have invited the other senator to the so called factory in ABA.

Military boots and uniform are from very durable materials and made by companies who have experience or have brought in experienced individuals to do so.

For all we know, these guys are importing this shi*t from vietnam, china or indonesia.

It's the same way we where told innoson is a manufacturing plant , while infact it's an assembly plant.

Defence contracts are not childs play and are only issued to the most trusted of candidates. Unfortunately , eastern Nigeria is on short supply of this so called element.,

Nturrrrr...You sound like a sadist!

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by SonOfEl(m): 6:55am On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=SonOfEl post=42632795][/quote]

I replied in your mention....can't repeat myself on a nuisance like you
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by emeka2847: 7:58am On Feb 05, 2016
Stop seeing Nigeria as a country of Igbos and non-Igbos

EternalTruths:
Igbos making Nigeria great unlike the noisy sophisticated ones who come online to measure ethnic dick grin

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by Billygee2u: 8:02am On Feb 05, 2016
EternalTruths:
Igbos making Nigeria great unlike the noisy sophisticated ones who come online to measure ethnic dick grin
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by ddeola: 8:08am On Feb 05, 2016
Liars ! None of them patronise what they are advertising

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by Bloggz74(m): 8:29am On Feb 05, 2016
UncleJJ:

U are alread sharing ethnic sentiment, don't you give them a chance?
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by Uten9z(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2016
Once in NYSC camp I leant our kids are aba made, no much regret for me even as the whites slakes and drop or jumps up from it normal size and the white shot shrinks in every wash at least l thought it was meant fo 21 days on camp but but same goes to my crested vase and I began to frown,then I saw some boot and canvas cracking and then I start complaining abt why don't Nigerian impress been that this one is yearly and constantly needed,why is there no upgrades only then did some1 gave me the shocker hint "that a complete 7/7 NYSC kit is been contracted for over 350,000 naira for each corper" I was shot of words. I pray the military enjoy this convincingly innovative supply when it's truly worth it.
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by cytellProperty: 8:52am On Feb 05, 2016
Daminaj2:
Gone are the days when made in Nigeria should be frowned upon.

A large percent of locally produced wares are being made in ABA and the smart guys down there have made some military kit and Senator Abaribe presented them to the senate president.

See photos below;

http://www.daminaj.com/2016/02/senator-abaribe-presents-aba-made.html
Has, this one nah materials for IPOB oh. We don enter one chance.
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 05, 2016
MadCow1:

Obviously I don't.

But I know world class and that's why I and many others would rather spend our monies on those products.

cool
That's how you continue enriching those countries and impoverishing yourselves. In case you don't know, its that your money that's growing their economy. I will hive u a little homework, go and do a little study about the Chinese industrialisation. maybe then you'll realise how stupid what you said is. This reasoning that nothing of good quality can ever come from your country is why you'll always remain backward
And for your information, the igbos are already far ahead of other regions in industrialisation. Go back in history and learn that virtually all the aircrafts and military ammunitions used by the biafran army were manufactured in the east. Aba made products are already being exported worlwide. So you better go and get some sense and stop displaying your naivety thinking u are being smart
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by MadCow1: 10:11am On Feb 05, 2016
Nnaabros:

That's how you continue enriching those countries and impoverishing yourselves. In case you don't know, its that your money that's growing their economy. I will hive u a little homework, go and do a little study about the Chinese industrialisation. maybe then you'll realise how stupid what you said is. This reasoning that nothing of good quality can ever come from your country is why you'll always remain backward
And for your information, the igbos are already far ahead of other regions in industrialisation. Go back in history and learn that virtually all the aircrafts and military ammunitions used by the biafran army were manufactured in the east. Aba made products are already being exported worlwide. So you better go and get some sense and stop displaying your naivety thinking u are being smart

Dude..

Money is mine.

Product is yours.

If I feel like I am not getting value for my money, I will take it elsewhere. You cant blackmail me into buying something substandard with the 'patriotism' angle.

I dont do homeworks, I am not a student. Many Nigerian Products have come into holding their own well and above foreign competitors. Made in China Electrical cables are substandard to Made in Nigeria electrical cables. The Nigerian Cables don't need the Government to ban importation of foreign cables for them to sell. Infact, the number of investors willing to import cables into Nigeria are very small.

Its basic principle of Economics. The Buyer will only pay for what equates to better value for money.

I will not spend 5000 Naira on a style-less made in Nigeria shoe with poor stitching, poor attention to details, poor finishing when I can spend 10,000 Naira on a stylish Gucci Shoe, with better finishing and long lasting durability.

Omo has been around in Nigeria for over 30 years (as I am sure that it seniors me well), yeah it has not changed in its product quality nor texture. Look at Ariel, they are miles away from where they were when they entered the market.

Cussons Imperial leather sop nko? Same thing Today as it was 30 years ago.

Nasco Cornflakes nko?

As long as the Nigerian manufacturers keep depending on Government blocking foreign competition to up their game, their products would continue to lack in quality.

Please stop preaching this your message of doom. If the product is good, Nigerians would buy.

P.S:: At your signature: Monikers are meant for different reasons. Some are basic repetitions of the owners name, others are a persons nickname, a persons hero, a persons role model, e.t.c. Others pick their user I.D's cos its catchy, or witty, striking or even thought provoking. Do not read any deep meaning into monikers. This is a forum. Some are here for business, some for hook-up's, other for information, others just to pass the time, some for fun. Your Moniker for example was a derogatory term we used to refer to people we thought were acting local. cool

Mad Cow..
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by aloaye11: 10:23am On Feb 05, 2016
I just hope n pray they don't let them get to the wrong hand out of their greed.
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by gists: 10:37am On Feb 05, 2016
This is why I don't understand why ibos are largely against this gov. They seem to be the ones that stands to benefit the most from this administration.
gists:

The irony of it all is that this government policy favours my brothers in Aba. They are the ones that ordinary should benefit from this government because if importation is reduced to the minimum, there will be a HUGE demand gap to fill which the Aba boys can profit from.
But their needless hatred for anything North/Islam is blinding them to this wholesome opportunity.

There will still be need to use toothpicks, nonsensical ready-made clothing items and other senseless commodities that can be produced locally in Aba and other areas. While not support this government to "move" the factories in China (producing substandard products) to our "backyard" which will boost employment. Imagine Aba producing toothpicks for a market of the largest population of black people (over 160 million customers!!)
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by gists: 10:48am On Feb 05, 2016
MadCow1:

Dude..

Money is mine.

Product is yours.

If I feel like I am not getting value for my money, I will take it elsewhere. You cant blackmail me into buying something substandard with the 'patriotism' angle.

I dont do homeworks, I am not a student. Many Nigerian Products have come into holding their own well and above foreign competitors. Made in China Electrical cables are substandard to Made in Nigeria electrical cables. The Nigerian Cables don't need the Government to ban importation of foreign cables for them to sell. Infact, the number of investors willing to import cables into Nigeria are very small.

Its basic principle of Economics. The Buyer will only pay for what equates to better value for money.

I will not spend 5000 Naira on a style-less made in Nigeria shoe with poor stitching, poor attention to details, poor finishing when I can spend 10,000 Naira on a stylish Gucci Shoe, with better finishing and long lasting durability.

Omo has been around in Nigeria for over 30 years (as I am sure that it seniors me well), yeah it has not changed in its product quality nor texture. Look at Ariel, they are miles away from where they were when they entered the market.

Cussons Imperial leather sop nko? Same thing Today as it was 30 years ago.

Nasco Cornflakes nko?

As long as the Nigerian manufacturers keep depending on Government blocking foreign competition to up their game, their products would continue to lack in quality.

Please stop preaching this your message of doom. If the product is good, Nigerians would buy.

P.S:: At your signature: Monikers are meant for different reasons. Some are basic repetitions of the owners name, others are a persons nickname, a persons hero, a persons role model, e.t.c. Others pick their user I.D's cos its catchy, or witty, striking or even thought provoking. Do not read any deep meaning into monikers. This is a forum. Some are here for business, some for hook-up's, other for information, others just to pass the time, some for fun. Your Moniker for example was a derogatory term we used to refer to people we thought were acting local. cool

Mad Cow..
I think you are wrong. The government ban on importation of goods still doesn't stop me from buying from abroad. I can still buy the gucci shoe even if it is banned as long as I am not buying in commercial quantity. So technically, the competition is still there. But definately the importer will have to really need the stylish shoe to cough out the cost of importing just a pair of shoes.
We can't keep funding the factories in China (yes even the Gucci shoes have factories in China) and keep complaining about unemployment and armed robbery.
Im my opinion, the competition is not going anywhere and I don't have to buy a locally made shoe if it is not to my taste. But there are people who don't have that kind of high taste and won't mind the locally made shoes. But if you allow emeka to import those gucci shoes and compete at about the same price as the locally made ones, then you are killing the factory setup by kelechi (who would probably employ 3, 4 or more people)
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by ceecee0703(m): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2016
UncleJJ:

U are already eaten up by hate....if ur mind is sound and ur brain is sane and u believe in the project Nigeria i think u should have said the govt should invest in the region and in the project so we can have ours but u are pained and sad its yet another good news from the east...shame on u.

ok mods ......u guys can ban me again if. u wish...who cares

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by MadCow1: 11:20am On Feb 05, 2016
gists:

I think you are wrong. The government ban on importation of goods still doesn't stop me from buying from abroad. I can still buy the gucci shoe even if it is banned as long as I am not buying in commercial quantity. So technically, the competition is still there. But definately the importer will have to really need the stylish shoe to cough out the cost of importing just a pair of shoes.
We can't keep funding the factories in China (yes even the Gucci shoes have factories in China) and keep complaining about unemployment and armed robbery.
Im my opinion, the competition is not going anywhere and I don't have to buy a locally made shoe if it is not to my taste. But there are people who don't have that kind of high taste and won't mind the locally made shoes. But if you allow emeka to import those gucci shoes and compete at about the same price as the locally made ones, then you are killing the factory setup by kelechi (who would probably employ 3, 4 or more people)

Yeah, Government's ban on imports does not stop a buyer from purchasing imported goods per se, but it actually reduces the access of Nigerians to overseas made products.

An example is Orange Juice. I greatly detest Nigerian Packet Orange Juices. If the Juice is not freshly squeezed, I dont bother. Thats because I have drank imported orange juices and can tell the difference. But because Dansa, Chivita, Coca Cola, Frutta and co know that there is no competition, they can afford to continue producing piss for people.

If 1 shoe manufacturer decides to focus on Quality and Style rather than quantity, starts producing high quality stylish shoes with top notch finishing, gets the endorsement of a few celebrity and highly placed individuals, voila, a Nigerian Shoe Makers brand can easily become a household name. Nigeria Fashion designers have done it. Infact, some Nigerian fashion designers have strutted their stuff on international cat walks.

My problem here is the notion that we should just blindly patronize them solely because the goods are Nigerian without paying attention to the many other important details that go into the decision making process to buy an item.

I will not take my 4 million Naira to buy an Innoson vehicle. The reason being that it is poorly made. The depreciation is very very high. it does not provide value for money.

And dont tell me about China, I know how China operates. Gucci may be made in China but to a certain specification of standard of Quality.
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by gists: 11:57am On Feb 05, 2016
MadCow1:

Yeah, Government's ban on imports does not stop a buyer from purchasing imported goods per se, but it actually reduces the access of Nigerians to overseas made products.

An example is Orange Juice. I greatly detest Nigerian Packet Orange Juices. If the Juice is not freshly squeezed, I dont bother. Thats because I have drank imported orange juices and can tell the difference. But because Dansa, Chivita, Coca Cola, Frutta and co know that there is no competition, they can afford to continue producing piss for people.

If 1 shoe manufacturer decides to focus on Quality and Style rather than quantity, starts producing high quality stylish shoes with top notch finishing, gets the endorsement of a few celebrity and highly placed individuals, voila, a Nigerian Shoe Makers brand can easily become a household name. Nigeria Fashion designers have done it. Infact, some Nigerian fashion designers have strutted their stuff on international cat walks.

My problem here is the notion that we should just blindly patronize them solely because the goods are Nigerian without paying attention to the many other important details that go into the decision making process to buy an item.

I will not take my 4 million Naira to buy an Innoson vehicle. The reason being that it is poorly made. The depreciation is very very high. it does not provide value for money.

And dont tell me about China, I know how China operates. Gucci may be made in China but to a certain specification of standard of Quality.
I agree with you. Every kobo one spend should give you value. Afterall, no one plucks money from the tree (even politicians do a lot of work to get the money they spend). But we cannot afford to throw the gate open to foreign goods. Doing so will not even guaranty the quality you yarn for to begin with. The same China made gucci shoes will have another manufacturing line for lower quality made shoes because they know our businessmen will buy. The businessmen themselves know that Nigerians will buy anything (at a higher price) as long as it has that tag ("gucci" in this case).
I am looking at this from the perspective of getting people gainfully employed. To that end, I completely support banning of some "nonsensical" imported products. If I need to satisfy my taste in terms of style and quality, I will not hesitate to bite the bullet and cough out the money. But then, the Dansa and other local juices you talked about employ thousands of people. I can't imagine all those employed thrown into the job market just because the juice is not freshly squeezed! This is where SON come in. Its not enough to just encourage locally made products, such product must be safe for public consumption too!
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by MadCow1: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
gists:

I agree with you. Every kobo one spend should give you value. Afterall, no one plucks money from the tree (even politicians do a lot of work to get the money they spend). But we cannot afford to throw the gate open to foreign goods. Doing so will not even guaranty the quality you yarn for to begin with. The same China made gucci shoes will have another manufacturing line for lower quality made shoes because they know our businessmen will buy. The businessmen themselves know that Nigerians will buy anything (at a higher price) as long as it has that tag ("gucci" in this case).
I am looking at this from the perspective of getting people gainfully employed. To that end, I completely support banning of some "nonsensical" imported products. If I need to satisfy my taste in terms of style and quality, I will not hesitate to bite the bullet and cough out the money. But then, the Dansa and other local juices you talked about employ thousands of people. I can't imagine all those employed thrown into the job market just because the juice is not freshly squeezed! This is where SON come in. Its not enough to just encourage locally made products, such product must be safe for public consumption too!

Lets talk about employment since you are hammering on that.

Employment creation and quality of work can go hand in hand. If a Nigerian Juice Company produces top quality Juices, their local market would grow, their international market as well would grow, more would be consumed, more consumption = more raw material demand, raw material = more Oranges, more packaging and all the other servicing companies that support the juice production company. That = More Jobs. More Forex as well.

SON indeed needs to step their game up. These substandard products are killing our image locally and internationally as well. They need to enforce their measures to instill confidence in Consumers for Nigerian products.

Quality is what would push our local production game to the next level not blind patronage. For example, the Poultry business has earned their keep, A Nigerian would quickly purchase a Nigerian bird before buying imported frozen chicken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by gists: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
MadCow1:

Lets talk about employment since you are hammering on that.

Employment creation and quality of work can go hand in hand. If a Nigerian Juice Company produces top quality Juices, their local market would grow, their international market as well would grow, more would be consumed, more consumption = more raw material demand, raw material = more Oranges, more packaging and all the other servicing companies that support the juice production company. That = More Jobs. More Forex as well.

SON indeed needs to step their game up. These substandard products are killing our image locally and internationally as well. They need to enforce their measures to instill confidence in Consumers for Nigerian products.

Quality is what would push our local production game to the next level not blind patronage. For example, the Poultry business has earned their keep, A Nigerian would quickly purchase a Nigerian bird before buying imported frozen chicken.
All that you have said is true, BUT may never be realized if you don't give them a fighting chance. They will never get to that level if you throw the importation gate open from day one. Today, the music industry is billion naira industry. That just didn't happen. It took some Nigerians promoting our local talents - even though they were not sounding like backstreet boys. I remember when I was in sec school. MC Harmmer and other foreign music icons were our stars. Nobody really fancied Blacky, Daniel Wilson and co. Had Kenny Ogungbe and D1 not stepped up to promote our local talents (which were not as shinny as their US counterpart at that time) we probably would not have heard about D'banj, P-Square et al today.

So yes, local producers need to up their game and SON need to wake up, but we still need to give them a fighting chance by not saturating the market with products from foreign companies from get-go. It may sound as if I am not making excuses for their laziness, trust me I am not. I have had to pay through my nose to bring in goods from UK to quench my thirst for quality. But it shouldn't be our usual practice. Lets not forget those foreign manufacturers very much likely have higher financial muscles and can mass-produce at cheaper cost (for example they don't battle with basic needs like power supply, transportation and storage which our brothers/sisters have to contend with).
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by najib632(m): 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
holamiday:
I support this totally. Let's be honest, the igbo boys at Aba are doing the country a whole lot of good and i'm sure they'll do more if encouraged by the government.

We must embrace those kits if we are ready to move forward as a nation. That's a very good place to start from. In the next few decades, with proper motivation, those boys could roll out actual fighter jets & tanks for our military.
It will be highly appreciated if you guys settle down and focus on developing the instead of doing ipob and massob. Igbos are very intelligent if not the most intelligent people in this country but no you guys want to follow your greedy leaders to hell. This is a tym that we should forget about the past and focus on the future because people oc high intellect like are suppose to benefit massively from this administration please you people should think be more like Willy Obiano who Is using his gift of God to develop his state. If you people will do that I assure all the tribalistic BS in Nigeria will have no choice but to end.
Re: Abaribe Presents To Saraki Abamade Military Kits by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
najib632:
It will be highly appreciated if you guys settle down and focus on developing the instead of doing ipob and massob. Igbos are very intelligent if not the most intelligent people in this country but no you guys want to follow your greedy leaders to hell. This is a tym that we should forget about the past and focus on the future because people oc high intellect like are suppose to benefit massively from this administration please you people should think be more like Willy Obiano who Is using his gift of God to develop his state. If you people will do that I assure all the tribalistic BS in Nigeria will have no choice but to end.
You keep saying 'you people'. Who are those? At no point in your rambling incoherent comment did i find any sense. I'm sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Stuns At The Coal City Christmas Music Festival (Photos) / Jonathan Purchases Innoson Vehicles For Federal Road Safety Corps [Photo] / Northerners Are Insinuating That Amaechi May Be The Next President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.