Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,205 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m (11906 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by busybody20: 8:56am On Jul 02, 2009
Pastor E. A. Adeboye just sent a message that you should pray between 11p.m to 1am today that God should not let you weep over your loved ones. Pls send 2 others

Who got dis text? Was it real?

I thought it was a scam. undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Nezan(m): 9:16am On Jul 02, 2009
To who? When? or was it to his church members?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by ttalks(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2009
Yeah, I got the same text from two different people.

I put my phones aside and went to sleep because I was rest assured that God would take care of my loved ones even if I did not do anything about it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by otokx(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2009
The enemies of progress and idle minds have started again
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by spikedcylinder: 9:22am On Jul 02, 2009
My mum got the text and was praying fervently like someone was about to die.

Whatever. undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Elgaxton(m): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2009
I got the text too, Why would someone use prayers as a scam anyway?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by busybody20: 9:27am On Jul 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

My mum got the text and was praying fervently like someone was about to die.

Whatever. undecided

grin  grin   grin   grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sojioguns(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2009
I wasn't going to say anything about it till I started receiving the text from family.
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH NIGERIANS??
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by bintab(f): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2009
Elgaxton:

I got the text too, Why would someone use prayers as a scam anyway?
exactly my thought,i  prayed it immediately as i had to work tonight.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by kokoA(m): 9:29am On Jul 02, 2009
i got it from my girlfriend,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by yommyflo(m): 9:31am On Jul 02, 2009
, WHATSOEVER HE SAYS UNTO YOU DO IT

THE VOICE OF THE PROPHET IS THE VOICE OF THE LORD
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sojioguns(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2009
@yommyflo, How are you going to assure us that that SMS originated from the Man of God? Scams have different levels.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 02, 2009
shocked
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Maykelly(f): 9:41am On Jul 02, 2009
busybody prophet of doom! We know our pastor and we hear from him.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 02, 2009
got d text.not sendin to no one. don't hav credit to waste on that.

Anybody who doesn't kno he/she sud pray against such every day of ones life needs to be schooled.

another scam by the telecoms companies to profit i guess
tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by dlox01(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2009
yommyflo:

ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD!!!IF I SEND A TXT TO EVERY1 TO PRAY FOR THIER LOVED ONES BTW 11-1AM, HOW MANY OF U WOULD TAKE IT SERIOUSLY?? the fact is that, the txt was unnesesary as everybody is meant to pray for his loved and unloved ones, everybody is meant to look our for the next person and show LOVE but its not the order of d day,so y are you taking it like hez done something gr8,calling his voice the voice of GOD. My gurl friend got the txt and got worried and i was laffing and i said to her, this is what u should be doing every second of you life and u call urself a xtain, now ur scared, LOL!!!its basically another publicity stunt to make him more popular coz it was sent indescriminatly to any number and what better time to do this dan jus after the death of Micheal jackson LOL!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by okokomeji: 9:52am On Jul 02, 2009
Make Pastor Adeboye go sit down for somewhere, lies too much, wetin God no send you, he go say he does! Anyway, after this one e go be God says make all of una contribute money. Too much religious belief holds progress and logics.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Lexyl(m): 9:53am On Jul 02, 2009
Hey, see money dey fly, MTN, ZAIN, GLO and others made lots money from this report yesterday. Anyway, is good to pray for beloved ones.
Expect another one from another man of God and see if money go fly today too,
Okay, If President Yar Adua pass a message that we should pray for Nigeria from 12 am - 1am. How many of us go answer the man?
Man of God pass President,
Either scam or spam, 90% of those that got the message responded. Hallelluyahhhhhhhhhh
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by bollyfolly: 9:56am On Jul 02, 2009
Different pple with different views.
I got the text too but i was so amazed cos it was as if the text was meant for me.
I did the prayer and i strongly believed it has been answered.
U guys should always take God's word serious, biko.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Maykelly(f): 10:05am On Jul 02, 2009
bollyfolly:

Different pple with different views.
I got the text too but i was so amazed cos it was as if the text was meant for me.
I did the prayer and i strongly believed it has been answered.
U guys should always take God's word serious, biko.
The just shall live by faith. Is good u take it serious - This is just the same tthing that just landed MJ in the grave yard, not taking things serious.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Wilfem(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2009
Virtually everyone in my office said they got it, including, I myself, although I slept off. May God have mercy on me
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sley4life(m): 10:16am On Jul 02, 2009
u guys have started again. I hope this doesnt turn out to a debate. Y must such post come to the front page. Moderators are doing whack job
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sley4life(m): 10:20am On Jul 02, 2009
I got the text too,  Why would someone use prayers as a scam anyway?

Elgaxton,funny u havent seen anything yet. lots of people use prayer as scam nowadays to create publicity & for illegal wealth generation
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by JJYOU: 10:21am On Jul 02, 2009
May kelly:

[b]busybody prophet of doom! [/b]We know our pastor and we hear from him.
was this necesary?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by okokomeji: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2009
This reminds me of one (SU) "Su-e-gbe union" that I bordered a Greyhound bus with in Atlanta. I guess he just got here from Nigeria. You could still tell by his thick accent. Then, he started speaking in tongue, he says evil spirit is in this bus and he wants to cause accident. He says we need strong prayer to chase the demon off. Then, a crackhead sitting behind me stood up with typical black American's English. He says "you ain't shit, you ain't, we ain't buyin' your lie, you took it; we don't believe in all of those mumbo jumbo craps in 21 century.

Before we knew it someone had already called cops on his ass. After cops took him away, my Jamaican's friend says when there are clear roads with no potholes and speed limit signposts are everywhere on highways, then you have cops on highways too, to write tickets for speed limit’s offenders; we don’t have to think about accident. Then, I thought about that if this happened in Nigeria, this guy would have been rich now, because at the end of the journey, he would have given out his phone number to many people who are looking for urgent miracles.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Kabikala(m): 10:25am On Jul 02, 2009
I ignored it because I know that no matter what we do, people will always die in Nigeria, and they are some people's dear ones.
Take the last 24 hours for instance, in Nigeria, thousands of children would have died from various illnesses, scores of women would have died from pregnancy-related causes, tens of young people would have been lost to road traffic accidents, several others to the conflict in the Niger Delta and hundreds more to other common causes of death like stroke, sickle cell disease, HIV/AIDS, heart failure, tuberculosis etc. And no matter what we do, some of them will be close to some people, including us. It is an equilibrium and nature needs it to ensure balance.
Now imagine a scenario where God decides to answer all the prayers being offered to prevent the death of loved ones, then will people  start living up to 300 years and we won't record deaths worldwide again? How will the world cope with the exploding population? Ladies and gentlemen, death is inevitable.

Last shot: Life expectancy in Nigeria is about 45 years, so don't worry yourself. Those you know, and you, and even Adeboye himself will die sooner or later anyway.
Will someone tell me what is peculiar about 11 pm to 1 am? Is that the exact period when the angel of death strikes?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 02, 2009
around 21:45 i just dey my own jeje my girl friend mama call me say 'daddy G. O said we should pray againt death between 11pm and 1am'.

i take style vex but i reluctantly did it but not for 2 hours.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sley4life(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2009
yommyflo:

Which prophet are u talking about here? Lets know the name of the prophet
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by busybody20: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2009
May kelly:

busybody prophet of doom! We know our pastor and we hear from him.

I will pretend like i didnt hear that. The next time, you wont be so lucky!  tongue   tongue
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by busybody20: 10:40am On Jul 02, 2009
OMO IBO:

around 21:45 i just dey my own jeje my girl friend mama call me say 'daddy G. O said we should pray againt death between 11pm and 1am'.

i take style vex but i reluctantly did it but not for 2 hours.

When i got the first two text messages, i also prayed not for 2 hours sha but when i got more text messages from nigeria i started thinking straight that something is fishy  undecided i lost count of how many text messages i got here in the uk.

Hail_Naija:

another scam by the telecoms companies to profit i guess[
tongue

I guess so!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tkb417(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2009
i got it oo as i was about to sleep.
i initially tot it could be a scam from these telcos to make money since they know 9ja people are very religious and would do anything not to die

but on 2nd tot, what if its from the man of God?
i grabbed my fone, sent to as many as i can remember and i knelt down to pray.
im sure i did like 30mins b4 i slept off while praying

thats one problem solved grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by mayrho(m): 10:43am On Jul 02, 2009
sneaks peeps and zaps i no want wahala 4 myself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

There Is God And He Answers Prayer / Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? / Evangelist Chidi Ibinado Accused Of Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.