Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers (668 Views)

Nigerian Rappers Are Unknown In South Africa - Cassper Nyovest / Davido Auditions Wannabe Singers Outside His Gate / 10 Nigerian Rappers Who Should Quit Rapping And Go Into Trade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers by dammy13(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Considering Fans, what they want and the current trend in the music industry are key factors in determining the kind of songs artistes will release and the genre those songs will fall.

This list takes a look at Artistes who started off a rap career as rappers but have since transitioned into singing,most of them combining rapping and singing together in their career.

1. Olamide

Olamide hardly took any singing role in his first album ,Rapsodi as he employed the services of the singers and fierced heavily on each track as a full fledged indigenous rapper.

However,going by his next three albums ( YBNL,BGEL and street OT),the rapper has since showcased his versatility by joining the singer/rapper camp in the music industry.

With Tracks like Eleda mi,badoo love,bobo ,melo melo as well as even taking the hooks of songs for other artist,one may be forced to question the genre of music Olamide belongs to, rap or pop?

2. Skales

Call it Frustration,indecision or whatever you call it ,Skales decision to switch genres surely paid off. Starting off at the EME crew as a rapper with singles like heading for the Grammy, ori mi ,monster,could not get skales the desired recognition compared to label mate ,WizKid.

Following his exit from EME,it enabled his full transition to singing as he released The massive hit shake body followed by je kan mo,lole,ijo ayo and countless collabos seeing a turn for good in Skales music career.

3. Reminisce

Reminisce started his career by recording an hardcore rap album at id cabasa coded tunes studio,which was never released.

Later he showed his lyrical prowess as an English rapper on 9ice’s bachelor and ever since featuring 9ice.

”Oh yee rappers ” have moved on to greater things ” signalled the rappers cross over to singing in the hit kako be chicken track.

Tesojue,Sunkere,olomoge,i need a girl.agidigbo all goes to prove this new found love of alaga ibile. Like he said in one of his tracks ” punchlines o jawo mo”.

4. Eldee

Eldee the don was one of the members of the defunct trybesmen with fellow rappers.kaboom and freestyle.Soon he went ahead to form trybez records and dropped rap joints like am leaving, we made it,i go yarn and many more

The rapper however gained further prominence with the release of Songs like Bosi Gbangba, Ota mi”,One day”, Category “Wash-wash”, among others and a highly succesaful last album “Undeniable” which were all commercial and mostly pop singles.

5. Ice prince

Ice prince proved himself as a rapper on tracks like Nobody test me,oleku,Efimile remix, and other rap joints.

This did not deter iceprince from showcasing his ability to sing in tracks like More,juju,Superstar,boss ft tekno as well as providing hooks for other artist like mode9 ( I see) and many more establishing him as a rapper and singer in the Nigerian music industry.

http://yarnvibes.com/checkout-list-nigerian-rappers-turned-singers/

Lalasticlala
Re: Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
What about Airf0rce1??
Re: Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers by khristals(m): 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
trust me.. almost every singing artiste today started out as a rapper

or at some earlier point in their musical journey thought rapping was their calling.

don't ask me how I know
Re: Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers by Smellymouth: 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Reminisce a singer? shocked, OP, d dude is one of the best indigenous rapper in naija at the moment.

Skales was never a rapper,

As for Ice Prince, even Airforce1 better pass am grin
Re: Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers by Emac34: 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Smellymouth:
Reminisce a singer? shocked, OP, d dude is one of the best indigenous rapper in naija at the moment.

Skales was never a rapper,

As for Ice Prince, even Airforce1 better pass am grin
skales started as a rapper
Re: Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers by AMKAG66(m): 6:55am On Feb 05, 2016
who is Air4s 1 ?
Re: Checkout The List Of Nigerian Rappers Turned Singers by dammy13(m): 7:10am On Feb 05, 2016
AMKAG66:
who is Air4s 1 ?
Nairaland Home base artiste

(1) (Reply)

Adele Officially Named The Bestselling Artist Of 2015 / Which State Is He From# / 5 Nigerian Musician Who Needs To Be On Wikipedia ASAP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.