Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,097 members, 7,807,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts (1944 Views)

Fayose Shows Off His Drumming Skills Because Of Supreme Court Victory(pics,video / PDP Chairmanship: News Of Supreme Court Judgment Was False / Names Of Supreme Court Justices Arrested By Dss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by kcmichael: 6:54am On Feb 05, 2016
Consequencies of Supreme Court verdict

1.The Power of the PVC/Card Reader Has been Rendered Null & Void
2.Anyone Can win Election thro Thuggery,Rigging & Violence
3.Anyone Can Write result and submit to INEC and be declared Winner.
4.INEC guildelines n regulations are worthless
5.The Peoples will is of no consequence as the Supreme Court is now the Electorate

Just thinking aloud........

2 Likes

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by amtaken(f): 6:56am On Feb 05, 2016
Card reader is not even in the Nigerian Constitution.

Wonder why you never wrote this article after Ambode won at the Supreme court in a very similar case.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by meforyou1(m): 6:58am On Feb 05, 2016
Op, says who?
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:58am On Feb 05, 2016
But, if the SC judgement went the other way round all these things u just listed would have been a consequency-free thing abii

I hail ur hypocrisy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by kcmichael: 6:58am On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:

Yea I know but they were part of INeC rules to make election credible
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by jumper524(m): 7:05am On Feb 05, 2016
our judial system in this country is very poor
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by dustmalik: 7:10am On Feb 05, 2016
Personally, I like it this way, and it shouldn't be changed. I don't want the Electoral act and Constitution to accommodate the card reader. Some people are happy that it has favoured them this time, but in the future, this same people will be the ones to cry blue-murder. Let's see who it favours in the long run.
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by treasureboy: 7:11am On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:

Wonder why you never wrote this article after Ambode won at the Supreme court in a very similar case.

Because its not on the constitution is that why you will flaut INEC's rules?? If you go to write an Examination and examiner says switch of ur phones, do you obey him or not? Ig you disobey him does he have the right to penalise you or not?
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by CyberWolf: 7:14am On Feb 05, 2016
The OP should kindly go and hug a wet transformer.. Bunch of sore losers grin
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by treasureboy: 7:19am On Feb 05, 2016
CyberWolf:
The OP should kindly go and hug a wet transformer.. Bunch of sore losers grin

Can you think? Can you critically look and understand the reality in his post? Do you think there will be any effect of the PVC system again in comming rerun elections?
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by ITbomb(m): 7:23am On Feb 05, 2016
Instead of you to approach your representative to sponsor a bill for amendment to accommodate the card reader, you are ranting here
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by CyberWolf: 7:25am On Feb 05, 2016
treasureboy:

Can you think? Can you critically look and understand the reality in his post? Do you think there will be any effect of the PVC system again in comming rerun elections?
tell me the outcome of Lagos guber race at the Supreme Court.. Tell me the outcome of IMO guber race at the Supreme Court. Is the card reader part if the constitution? What stops you from campaigning for it's inclusion in the constitution? You used the same technicalities to win Lagos and IMO and yet have the audacity to vomit thrash here.. Waiting for your reply angry ... See, don't even get me angry this morning this shameless hypocrite sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by psucc(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2016
The courts are the custodians of the law and will frown at any infringement.

The said Card reader was not given any legal life and so is deemed not tenable or answerable in law.

Neither the Constitution nor the Electoral Act as amended recognized it.
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by Omexonomy: 7:49am On Feb 05, 2016
CyberWolf:
tell me the outcome of Lagos guber race at the Supreme Court.. Tell me the outcome of IMO guber race at the Supreme Court. Is the card reader part if the constitution? What stops you from campaigning for it's inclusion in the constitution? You used the same technicalities to win Lagos and IMO and yet have the audacity to vomit thrash here.. Waiting for your reply angry ... See, don't even get me angry this morning this shameless hypocrite sad
you better not get angry for they are children of hate and anges. To them what is good for the goose is not good for the gander.

1 Like

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by kahal29: 7:49am On Feb 05, 2016
dustmalik:
Personally, I like it this way, and it shouldn't be changed. I don't want the Electoral act and Constitution to accommodate the card reader. Some people are happy that it has favoured them this time, but in the future, this same people will be the ones to cry blue-murder. Let's see who it favours in the long run.

I concur
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by colossus2: 7:51am On Feb 05, 2016
The constitution did not give room for electronic voting.
Your points are true OP.
Until the constitution accommodates the SCR, it boils down to "let's win the election by hook or crook, then we go to court afterwards".
The problem with the Nigerian youth is that they know the truth, but due to party affiliation, let it continue that way since it went against them in the past.
If only we could shy away from what is wrong, and do what is right.
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by 1shortblackboy: 7:54am On Feb 05, 2016
Maybe u guys should wait till the SC gives the reasons for its decisions before u start making all these comments
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by colossus2: 7:56am On Feb 05, 2016
psucc:
The courts are the custodians of the law and will frown at any infringement.

The said Card reader was not given any legal life and so is deemed not tenable or answerable in law.

Neither the Constitution nor the Electoral Act as amended recognized it.
FACT.
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by yaki84: 8:38am On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:

2 Likes

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by yaki84: 8:40am On Feb 05, 2016
kcmichael:

why didnt u react when lagos judgement was delivered concerning the same card reader issue?
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 05, 2016
dustmalik:

Try and rig the next Rivers re-run polls lets see how you will fare!! PDP won the elections in Rivers and Akwa Ibom state!! People were also killed in lagos especially at the ogudu area during the governorship elections and no one is talking about it.
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by sdindan: 8:54am On Feb 05, 2016
treasureboy:

guy no reality in this post.
You're just pained.
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by bettercreature(m): 8:57am On Feb 05, 2016
1shortblackboy:
Maybe u guys should wait till the SC gives the reasons for its decisions before u start making all these comments
They have no excuse! it's very sad just stay in door in 2019 cos head will roll,people have realised no justice anywhere
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by yaki84: 9:01am On Feb 05, 2016
treasureboy:

Because its not on the constitution is that why you will flaut INEC's rules?? If you go to write an Examination and examiner says switch of ur phones, do you obey him or not? Ig you disobey him does he have the right to penalise you or not?

if anoda write that same exam n used phone n d examiner pardoned him, dont u think it will be inbalanced justice n the case of some are more equal than others?
bobo in law u dont o judgement based on sentiments, akwaibom case comes to bare.
four people testified n the judge used 4 testimony from four voters to annul election in the entire state, was that right?
can u set ur community on fire because of 0ne rat?
dont also forget that even the apc acknowledged that the cardreader recorded 400thousand+ votes, so on what basis did the court of appeal cancel the entire state when apc said card readers was not used in the april 11 elections but manual accreditation was employed that gave rise to over voting n rigging.
the 400thousand +votes was for which party?
bros being a judge is one thing but presiding on a case n delivering a fair n just judgement is another thing.
now lets take a look at david mark's case, tribunal affirmed d election of mark but appeal cancelled d election based on d fact that the date the presiding officer announces the election result didnt tally with the date on the inec official book.
election was conducted on the 28 of march, results were announced that day n the final result was on d 29th... so why cancel election because of date of announcement n not based on rigging n electoral malpractices?

1 Like

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by babaijesha1(m): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2016
kcmichael:

are INEC rules superior to the constitution ? Please don't talk like a novice especially in public. Government is a continuum and a serious FG would ensure that card readers would get constitutional backing before next general elections by presenting a bill to that effect to the national assembly. We benefited from this judgement and it was only a matter of time a serious court would turn like a snake and bite us back with it.
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by amtaken(f): 9:56am On Feb 05, 2016
Am not here to give you free lecture. If it is consultation you want you pay for it.

treasureboy:

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by amtaken(f): 9:57am On Feb 05, 2016
Those rules are not binding. The Nigerian Constitution is superior to any other law in Nigeria.

kcmichael:

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by Aspireahead(m): 10:13am On Feb 05, 2016
i see as APC avoid any comment about the Lagos case. Hypocrisy is worse than Ebola

1 Like

Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by baralatie(m): 10:52am On Feb 05, 2016
kcmichael:

So!
You should be saying and shouting that the electoral act should be amended to make elections credible and not insult the interpretation of the law by the supreme court.
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by baralatie(m): 10:52am On Feb 05, 2016
Aspireahead:
i see as APC avoid any comment about the Lagos case. Hypocrisy is worse than Ebola
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
kcmichael:

The mistake INEC made was not have legal backing. In the court of law, they work with facts
Re: Consequencies Of Supreme Court Verdicts by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
treasureboy:

Have you forgotten that exams have rules and are documented including the illustration you gave. The examiner doesn't go against rules stated in the examinations norms and constitution. What INEC would have done to seek the legislative house to pass it into law

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Ifeanyi Ubah Should Not Help Buhari / Gov Willie Is Working... Truth About That Phrase . See Pix Below. / **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.