Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) (31537 Views)

In This Scenario, What Would You Teach Your Child? / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by histemple: 10:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
This post reminds me of what happened during the 2002 bomb explosion at Ikeja military cantonment. Most adults who never attempted driving learnt it immediately. The rest was history as most of them crashed.
I can't forget that experience in a hurry.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by vault(m): 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
yea... very bad, I started driving last year..... a lil bit late
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by airsaylongcon: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
macklef:

No bro, d african parents mentality is dieing off. After our own parents generation die off,
Our kids generation would be so exposed that we exposed parents wunt have a choice.
Kids of nowadays operate ipads. Dey would drive cars with ease cos manual sef will soon fade out.

Manual is going nowhere! No matter how many new cars are made, a certain percentage of them are always manual. Manuals outrun automatics anytime
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by busky101(m): 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
Femco2016:
Teenage driving on Nigerian on roads? No way....we dont obey traffic, is the answer..... Its only in Nigeria that someone is making a reverse on round about....tell me.
oga u can lie for africa, making a rever on round about? Haba, fear God na..i never see am before oh
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by fyneboi79(m): 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:
darling, alot of kids are driving in d united states! My cousin started driving when she was 16!
I also started driving at 16 and I have never had an accident. Though back then I used to overspeed till I learnt to be mature about it. This is just the snag. And may I say that learning early brings creativity. Now I have an older friend who is just learning at well over 40
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Miriamefinaanya(m): 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
I started driving b4 18
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by dejavuh0007(m): 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:
Teach your kids how to drive at 15? The human being that made the minimum age18 wasn't in his right senses? Some people sef, this is so not safe!

Why don't you let him fly an airplane? angry
i think it's safe to assume u lack d reasoning abilities to understand some of d vital reasons d op mentioned.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
fyneboi79:
I also started driving at 16 and I have never had an accident. Though back then I used to overspeed till I learnt to be mature about it. This is just the snag. And may I say that learning early brings creativity. Now I have an older friend who is just learning at well over 40
too bad the Nigerian mentality has made a lot of parents myopic about modernization.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by macklef(m): 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Manual is going nowhere! No matter how many new cars are made, a certain percentage of them are always manual. Manuals outrun automatics anytime
So u think they cant create automatics that will outrun manuals. Bros oyinbo that do pencil na im also do eraser.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by airsaylongcon: 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
macklef:

So u think they cant create automatics that will outrun manuals. Bros oyinbo that do pencil na im also do eraser.

Let me give you a classic example, Formula 1 which is a showcase of really fast cars has all their cars fitted with manual transmission .
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by macklef(m): 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Let me give you a classic example, Formula 1 which is a showcase of really fast cars has all their cars fitted with manual transmission .
Am not argueing bro. But those are semi manual cars btw. Not full manual
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by rollUP(m): 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
anigbajumo:

Lol,u still dnt knw how to drive... Automatic?? Tell me what is not easy there..

No na manual no easy..... I talk say na automatic sure pass
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Amiee99(f): 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Lordaweezy:
This is actually an illegal thing to do. If the child is being taught how to drive a car at that age he/she will ultimately attempt an adventure with the car with can sometimes lead to serious consequences.

I learnt how to drive at 12. Four years later, I've not tried any adventurous stunt. It's just the mindest of the child.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
I started driving at 18.
It was a risky venture tho'. wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by airsaylongcon: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
macklef:

Am not argueing bro. But those are semi manual cars btw. Not full manual

True. A lot of the operation of these cars are fully automated. The actual shifting of the gears though is manually done by the driver. His decision to change gears is informed by feedback from a host of automated systems
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Excuzeme: 12:04am On Feb 06, 2016
Femco2016:
Teenage driving on Nigerian on roads? No way....we dont obey traffic, is the answer..... Its only in Nigeria that someone is making a reverse on round about....tell me.

Leave them o! Let them be copying Oyinbo in everything forgeting that the Oyinbo drive obeys traffic light, their Police dont take Egunje at every street corner, they wait for children to cross at Zebra-crossing (our own Danfo will run-over anything in its way!), there is top-notch Emergency Vehicles if and when the inevitable happens and their own Hospital is not a "come-and-die" building like our own!

You are on your own, my own kid will not go anywhere near a steering wheel, until he/she is 19yrs.
They can "practice' on their Game Console, and read the "Driving Code" for now
grin grin undecided undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by fashrola(m): 12:32am On Feb 06, 2016
Started driving an automatic car at the age of 14...
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Lordaweezy: 12:41am On Feb 06, 2016
Amiee99:

I learnt how to drive at 12. Four years later, I've not tried any adventurous stunt. It's just the mindest of the child.
Hard to believe though. Most teenagers seek adventures I guess you're not the adventurous type.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Lordaweezy: 12:46am On Feb 06, 2016
yemmy75:

That's not proven. That's the same kind of mentality that makes parents think teaching adolescents about sex would encourage them to experiment.
The sexual part is an entirely different thing. Most teenagers of nowadays * will mostly partake in what I've stated. It's all based on the type of kid you have. It's not just advisable to teach driving to your child without critically observing his/her character.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by piagetskinner(m): 12:55am On Feb 06, 2016
So are u encouraging kids to drive at 15?...this is Nigeria not the US... I learnt how to drive at 17tho...but never took the car out until I started serving
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by gboss0(m): 12:56am On Feb 06, 2016
i am glad Mama taught me how to drive @ 15
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Exxit(m): 12:59am On Feb 06, 2016
Cutehector:
darling, alot of kids are driving in d united states! My cousin started driving when she was 16!
in the united states, teaching a kid below 15 driving lessons is illegal and punishable. from age 15 the child should take a permit test, driving class and road test to get a minor license with outrageous insurance of like $400 a month for the car get a used small car from a dealer at about $3000 then let the kid drive. this one you say 9 year old and 13 year old driving is not real at all ohh...
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 06, 2016
I guess the best thing is to grow up and buy your own car, you will even learn driving faster cos these our Old school kinda parents will never allow you touch or get close to their car. Have seen some parents with many cars in their compound, but yet they will never allow their children touch those cars.., and yet these children in question are above 18....
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Nobody: 1:41am On Feb 06, 2016
I started driving since i was 6, oya wat else?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Turbocharged: 2:29am On Feb 06, 2016
ladyF:
Teach your kids how to drive at 15? The human being that made the minimum age18 wasn't in his right senses? Some people sef, this is so not safe!

Why don't you let him fly an airplane? angry

In some US states, the minimum driving age is 14yr and 6 months. So driving at 15 is not an abomination.

And u also need to read the link below.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/kimberly-anyadike-15-youngest-african-american-female-pilot-plane-cross-country-article-1.399825
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 06, 2016
Dude the UK driving age is 17
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by trendyspeed: 3:16am On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by tete7000(m): 5:12am On Feb 06, 2016
Of all things there are for a child to learn in life, why should I prioritise driving for a 15year old kid? That it is done like that by somebody somewhere in UK or Us doesn't make it right. I beg I get better things to teach my kids by 15. Driving at that age shouldn't be a priority.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by BCJAY(f): 5:55am On Feb 06, 2016
THIS IS THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER I WAS EMBARRASSED LAST YEAR WHEN A BIG DOG BIT MY SON. I HAVE TO CALL MY HUBBY WHO CALLED A FRIEND TO COME AND TAKE US TO THE HOSPITAL WITH THE CAR AT HOME IT WAS NOT FUNNY THAT DAY
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Kaylexzy(m): 6:00am On Feb 06, 2016
adren:
The world is rapidly evolving and so are the inhabitants thereof.. it is no mere gainsaying that kids of nowadays develop and grow rapidly into adults and most times we wonder how time flies..
However, unlike their foreign counterparts, most nigerian parents are reluctant to teach and orientate their kids on driving lessons.
Driving is a skill which if acquired, is improved upon over time before the driver can become an expert at it..
So dear nigerian parents who can afford a car, highlighted below are reasons why you should teach your kids to drive before they reach full puberty.

1. freedom of expression: nigerian parents' head swell when their young ones make them proud but only little of them gives room to aid their kid's expression and courage.
imagine a 22 year old asking NLders how to toast a fine girl in his street wtf!!!
please, driving lessons can boost your child's morale and physical skills because kids are naturally born to be eager to learn new things..

2. emergency cases: i once heard a story of a woman who wanted to give birth.. her cell phone was down, her husband was away from the country, it was just she, 4 cars in her garage and a 12 year old who couldn't drive.. unfortunately, she died..
i heard another story too of a man who, while driving to his hometown with his 9 year old kid got an heart attack, it was that boy who bravely drove his dad to the hospital and saved his life ( it is no mere fiction, i saw it on a national daily)..
now, what does the two stories above preach to you??

3. sweet sixteen: in UK, when you are about to clock sixteen, excitements fill your heart because you are either gon get your own car or you are gon have full access to your parents'..
reverse is the case here and it is quite unfortunate.. even if you can't afford to buy your kids one on their birthday or you do not have one of your own, take them for driving lessons and obtain driver's license for them 'with faith'.. trust me, it is the best present for a sixteen year old..

4. sheer embarrasment: in this age, it is now more embarrasment for a teenager who can't drive than for a fully grown woman who can't cook ordinary soup..
yes..it is true
she can cover up her mess by buying food outside or employing others to, but you can't hide the fact that you can't drive..
infact, it makes you lazy and awkward..

5. job opportunities: evidently speaking, some firms require those with driving lessons.. driving is a whole skill on its own..

My dad's boss wanted to send me a message when i was 15 year old..he asked, could you drive?? i answered no.. he was just shaking his head in pity for me.. then, he asked his 13 year old girl to drive me to get the assignment done..
i had regrets from that trip, i am sure i'd have been paid a lot of money if i had acquired driving skills earlier..

Nairalanders, abeg come and share your driving meme and awkward experiences..

What age did you learn to drive??

Ever been embarrased by your lack of driving abilities?? please share

temitope steve reporting

Us wey our papa no get car nko? undecided

Ur thread dey oppress us o grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by daphid25(m): 6:20am On Feb 06, 2016
DoraCuzz:
I started driving since i was 6, oya wat else?
Hmmm.. You're always sitting on a pillow innit?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by qtx(m): 6:26am On Feb 06, 2016
Cutehector:
Look stop comparing Nigeria with USA. in the first place our laws are different. In USA their law may permit driving at that age, but i know the Nigerian laws permit minimum age 18.
Secondly, the road there are better and safer unlike in Nigeria where most times farm yards are better than some roads. Thirdly, people there drive with civility, not like hear in Nigeria where alcohol, weed and the likes drive in place of humans.

[url]robminds.com[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room / 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones / Twin Musicians, Tagwayen Asali, Wed Identical Twin Sisters On The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.