Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 (25925 Views)

Online Auto Fraud/ Scams / Why Some Auto Sellers Dont Post Engine Picture. Fraud Or Scam? / Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by Philadelphia: 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
So this thief has not made a comment to refute any of these allegations since morning? Chai! It's obvious that he is a thief.

1 Like

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by 4nobody4every1: 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
angry sad
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by dominique(f): 9:10am On Feb 07, 2016
Gboliwe:

And when he gets a permanent ban, how does he pay? He is left to posterity and tomorrow he creates another account and continues defrauding people? It doesn't solve any problem Instead of that, can we have his real names, picture(s) and this thread stickied on the front page. When Nairaland learns to shame these thieves, it will be seen by many as anti-scam.

You do have a point, it's so sad that we are unable to get hold of him outside the forum.

@ Chucky234, you are a long time member and a former moderator of this forum. I am imploring you to come out and tell us when you intend refund Nextrend his money. We are all counting on you to do the right thing
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by Hibiyemsy: 11:19am On Feb 07, 2016
I can never buy a car via this platform or other online platforms ever and I can't advise anyone to do so. The best is to look for the car you like and find out the price it's sold in naira then go to your local dealers and buy from them. In case of something else, you can always go to their location and involve the police .be smart guys. 850k is not a small money. I feel for you but I don't think there's anything u can do about it and I doubt u are getting either the car or money back .7 months has elapsed. Just say bye bye to your money and start saving for another. You never even met the buyer .how will u recognise him .and u don't have receipt nor bank teller for the transaction coz it was done via bank transfer. . I feel for you bro .let me shut up here but next time use your head
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by uboma(m): 11:37am On Feb 07, 2016
Hibiyemsy:
I can never buy a car via this platform or other online platforms ever and I can't advise anyone to do so. The best is to look for the car you like and find out the price it's sold in naira then go to your local dealers and buy from them. In case of something else, you can always go to their location and involve the police .be smart guys. 850k is not a small money. I feel for you but I don't think there's anything u can do about it and I doubt u are getting either the car or money back .7 months has elapsed. Just say bye bye to your money and start saving for another. You never even met the buyer .how will u recognise him .and u don't have receipt nor bank teller for the transaction coz it was done via bank transfer. . I feel for you bro .let me shut up here but next time use your head

Payment via online transfer can easily be traced. The op does have enough proof of crediting the seller's account.

And the op can get his money back if he really wants to.

2 Likes

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by NexTrend: 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
Chucky234, I am still being fair to you, if you don't respect yourself you will not be happy why you choose the path of dishonor. By Tuesday, I will publish all your details that I have obtained from GTBank...as I told you in our last conversation, if you allow me to spend a kobo to recover this money, I will use every contact I have to make sure you will never have the opportunity of defrauding another human being. Keep deceiving yourself.

@hibiyemsy, thank you very much for your concern. I might have trusted Chucky234 to send the car but I had to put things in place for audit trail of the transaction. I have the teller and the form I filled to transfer the funds.

For all NLers, thank you for your efforts. I trust God that Chucky234 will meet his waterloo and he may realise to late that 850k was too meagre to ruin his life.

Once again, I am grateful to you all

8 Likes

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by freshvine(f): 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
Op, next time when dealing with a middleman in a transaction or someone you don't know please be SMART.

You trusted Chucky234 with your fund and he defaulted. What you should have done is to have the driver arrested the moment he came back for the car.

You gave out your 'exhibit' and your money away!

You should've been more than angry 2 to let the driver go with the car without your physical cash!!! Trust has been breached and no amount of diplomacy you'd allow to not do the right thing.

Money and human don't stay together says an igbo proverb.

I blame you for not being proactive and I curse Chucky234 for being a scam artists.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by TheRealGEJ: 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
NexTrend:
Chucky234, I am still being fair to you, if you don't respect yourself you will not be happy why you choose the path of dishonor. By Tuesday, I will publish all your details that I have obtained from GTBank...as I told you in our last conversation, if you allow me to spend a kobo to recover this money, I will use every contact I have to make sure you will never have the opportunity of defrauding another human being. Keep deceiving yourself.

@hibiyemsy, thank you very much for your concern. I might have trusted Chucky234 to send the car but I had to put things in place for audit trail of the transaction. I have the teller and the form I filled to transfer the funds.

For all NLers, thank you for your efforts. I trust God that Chucky234 will meet his waterloo and he may realise to late that 850k was too meagre to ruin his life.

Once again, I am grateful to you all

Are you Engineer Bassey from Uyo?
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by Niseed(m): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
@NexTrend have you had any phone conversation or contact with him since this thread was put up?

He claims to be a friend of yours yet he went out of his way to sell you a lemon. chucky234 believes in the "out of sight, out of mind" theory. forgetting that problems don't disappear because of distance.

he's had over 8 months to replace this vehicle and still no show but has had the audacity to post up "bargains" and bonanza offers of similar vehicles in the auto section in the same time period.

I suggest you aim for a full refund and damages. the value you paid for that vehicle has dropped drastically due to the current exchange rate. I also recommend you take your time to search for a car yourself. A vehicle purchase is not something you just dive into head first.

all the best
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by GANDALF1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cases like this make me feel that nairaland is on autorun.

Wish Seun will jst gimme the autos mod right for 1 month.

Fundamental change is needed here.

1 Like

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by Moana(f): 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
OP did chucky234 use juju to cover your eyes from seeing and reading about the oseri scam? Biko undecided what stopped you from going to inspect the car before delivery? the same N20k you used could have been used to go check out the car before parting with your money. Next time be wise! I can always create another 20 accounts to praise my scamming business and recommend it to other people.
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by ifyalways(f): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Not again.

Where's that his goody two shoes sister to defend him? Association of thieves.

OP, I pray and hope you recover your money oo. Dunno what else to say.

3 Likes

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by OCTAVO: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
ifyalways:
Not again.
Where's that his goody two shoes sister to defend him? Association of thieves.
OP, I pray and hope you recover your money oo. Dunno what else to say.
His sister has denied him. cheesy
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by FXElixir: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Loolzz !

Please, you guys are concentrating on chucky234 alone when 90% of the guys posting here are just as bad or WORSE !
These guys wana make 150k to 250k on a car of less than 1.2M . If you try and fix an inspection appointment with them some of them will disappoint you or dodge you for days, simply because the car is undergoing repairs at a mechanics hideout somewhere. Meanwhile these guys will post CLEAN car no fixes to be done"

You see the same car, with different picture angles posted by the various jokers here with asking price range of up to 400k difference. Lolzz

If you wanna know some of them, they usually update their post with cheesy cheesy cheesy

hahahaha !

Idiots !

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by Lexusgs430: 2:47am On Feb 08, 2016
dominique:

You do have a point, it's so sad that we are unable to get hold of him outside the forum.

@ Chucky234, you are a long time member and a former moderator of this forum. I am imploring you to come out and tell us when you intend refund Nextrend his money. We are all counting on you to do the right thing

Why do moderators turn rogue? Chucky234 + inspired (both moderators turn scammers)
Do not accept the role of a Moderator, or else the rogue DNA gets injected into your system, by force or by fire!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by pacino26(m): 3:59am On Feb 08, 2016
NL autos the next mgbuka Obosi. I got a ride here no issues just one straight deal.

I think major dealers should be registered separately, casual dealers should fill online forms with verifiable info before posting or subrent an advert space from a major dealer.

The criteria should include basic biometrics, BVN and a sworn undertaken signed and endorsed by a Notary public.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by dominique(f): 5:08am On Feb 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Why do moderators turn rogue? Chucky234 + inspired (both moderators turn scammers)
Do not accept the role of a Moderator, or else the rogue DNA gets injected into your system, by force or by fire!!!

In every system, there must be one or two bad characters. It wouldn't be fair to now group every other person working within the other prrson working with the organization as bad just because of one or two people.

Nairaland has had at least 100 moderators pass through it. some of them run legit businesses without any hitches. Should we now categorize them as rogues just because of two people who they probably don't even know? Let's say No to unfair and baseless generalizations.

3 Likes

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 08, 2016
This is not the first case of car dealer fraud reported on this forum, people advertise claiming to own cars from heaven for sale only to defraud unsuspecting members of this forum who genuinely need cars.

Moderators need to do something about this rather than encourage this fraudsters by giving then unfettered access to broadcast their fraudulent intentions.

This is appaling, it seems the rules of posting on this forum doesn't apply to people who decieve and defraud people.
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by Lexusgs430: 6:15am On Feb 08, 2016
dominique:

In every system, there must be one or two bad characters. It wouldn't be fair to now group every other person working within the other prrson working with the organization as bad just because of one or two people.

Nairaland has had at least 100 moderators pass through it. some of them run legit businesses without any hitches. Should we now categorize them as rogues just because of two people who they probably don't even know? Let's say No to unfair and baseless generalizations.

When you are made a Moderator, forum users hold you in high esteem.
Its this same moderators that would use their nairaland muscle and ban people, like they are infallible!!!
Call my observations baseless or not, it's simply and observation and a true observation!!!
Which Moderator turns rogue next? Would update you when it happens!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by Gboliwe: 7:20am On Feb 08, 2016
dominique:

Now you have an idea why Nigerians are angry with that aged but unwise grandpa in Aso Rock. Now, imagine if it was Seun instead of Lexusgs who made that statement, I am sure you yourself won't take it calmly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by oliverjiad(m): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2016
yea
FXElixir:
Loolzz !

Please, you guys are concentrating on chucky234 alone when 90% of the guys posting here are just as bad or WORSE !
These guys wana make 150k to 250k on a car of less than 1.2M . If you try and fix an inspection appointment with them some of them will disappoint you or dodge you for days, simply because the car is undergoing repairs at a mechanics hideout somewhere. Meanwhile these guys will post CLEAN car no fixes to be done"

You see the same car, with different picture angles posted by the various jokers here with asking price range of up to 400k difference. Lolzz

If you wanna know some of them, they usually update their post with cheesy cheesy cheesy

hahahaha !

Idiots !

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by lourash(m): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
My Number One Advice to whoever cares to listen is

DO NOT PAY FOR A CAR YOU HAVE NOT INSPECTED PHYSICALLY. I have fallen prey myself and I still feel bitter about it.

3 Likes

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by ifyalways(f): 6:48am On Feb 09, 2016
Still no word from the Chucky nor his sister, the defender of UKwuani kingdom? Ndi Oshi !!!

Ps this thread is not about Inspired.
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by 4nobody4every1: 7:39am On Feb 09, 2016
ifyalways:
Still no word from the Chucky nor his sister, the defender of UKwuani kingdom? Ndi Oshi !!!

Ps this thread is not about Inspired.
grin grin cool
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by opey112(m): 9:08am On Feb 09, 2016
Ojimelukwe:
The moderators of yhis forum shouldnt be exempted from the ills of yhis forum. I really dont appreciate the fact that each time, we are warned of how to and how not to do business. The world has gone E and we must follow suite.

Mods on yhis column must find a way of ensuring that all dealers on this forum are tested and trusted. Yes it might take some logistics but whatever be it, we shoild be able to use this forum and sleep knowing we are in good hands. Have had cause to do quite a number of importations and d deals pull through. Why then should I be duped in my own country.

I advocate for a reset of the auto forum and lets start afresh and do genuine and safe businesses. Even if it means starting with just one dealer. I am sure it would pay Nigeria and Nigerians off in the long run.

What happens here is basically a site where peeps check out the prices of cars and then go and buy elsewhere. Its also not fair to some of our genuine dealers.

@ Mods: keep thix on the cfront burner and let this issues be trashed once and for all.
This guy is making a whole lot of sense......bad ones are spoiling market for the good ones.

1 Like

Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by ifyalways(f): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2016
4nobody4every1:
grin grin cool
Whats Funny?

The way she was bouncing all over Oseri's thread, derailing the thread actually with their native lingo and feeling stooopidly fly instead of calling her brother offline to talk sense into him.

Personally ,I now fear nlders on another level altogether. I sincerely hope the OP uses whatever resources and means available to him to get his money back.
Re: Case Of FRAUD Against Chucky234 by 4nobody4every1: 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
ifyalways:

Whats Funny?

The way she was bouncing all over Oseri's thread, derailing the thread actually with their native lingo and feeling stooopidly fly instead of calling her brother offline to talk sense into him.

Personally ,I now fear nlders on another level altogether. I sincerely hope the OP uses whatever resources and means available to him to get his money back.
...........Nothing is funny, l just laughed at the drama unfolding on Nairaland of recent, hope you gerrit?..sending 800k before physically seeing what you paid for does not make any sense undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

8 Automakers Who Were Fired From The Companies They Founded / »»» Toks Toyota Highlander 02 @ N2.5M Non Negotiable ««« / Extremely Clean Tokunbo Ch Mack Truck For Sale! Price #20m.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.