Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Stop Your Political Conquest President Buhari! - Governor Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Your Political Conquest President Buhari! - Governor Dickson (348 Views)

Presidency cabal in dilemma on Buhari - Governor fayose / Governor Dickson Of Bayelsa Caught Fishes In A River (Photos) / Gov. Dickson To Buhari: Stop Your Political Conquest ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Your Political Conquest President Buhari! - Governor Dickson by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
Bayelsa State Governor Henry Seriake Dickson, who was elected for second term, on January 9, says he cannot celebrate his victory because of the killings that attended the poll that re-elected him. Dickson blames the killings on what he describes as the connivance of security men with thugs who unleashed mayhem on his supporters, many who are now recuperating in hospital.

The governor, who describes his re-election as a war, asks President Muhammadu Buhari to stop what he calls his ‘political conquest’ and tackle urgent national challenges for the benefit of Nigerians.

How would you describe your re-election?

I would simply say that the election was more than just an election. It was more of a war as a result of what my main opponent did, prior to and during the poll.

Indeed, we survived a war because the people of the state were resilient, steadfast and showed confidence in me as their governor. That is why, at the last count, I won seven of the eight local government areas of the state and had over 134,000 votes against my main opponent, who managed to get over 86,000 votes.

To me, this is a resounding victory despite all odds because we were up against a full display of the totality of power at the centre deployed to the fullest to take over Bayelsa by force and my opponent’s campaign was appropriately nicknamed ‘Operation Take Over Bayelsa’, which appeared innocent at first but, in retrospect, we now know what they meant from day one.

More Details here http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/gov-dickson-to-buhari-stop-your-political-conquest/

(1) (Reply)

People’s Democratic Party (pdp), A Ship Doomed For Destruction / No Environmental Sanitation Tomorrrow In Lagos / Ministers Pledge To Improve Access To Vaccines At First-ever Ministerial Confere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.