Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna (4683 Views)

Crispr Offers An Easy , Exact Way To Alter Genes To Create Better Plant Yield. / Aerofarm "Technologically" Grows Crops Without Soil, Water Or Sunlight!!!! / Scientists Build A Living Cell With Minimum Viable Number Of Genes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by sinkhole: 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
Moscow| Russian scientists
have just accomplished an
incredible feat which could
represent a major
breakthrough in the domain
of genetics: they were able to
grow some functioning gills
on a 27-year old man by
adding some fish genes to his
DNA strand.
The young patient, a scuba
diving enthusiast named
Alexei Olegovich
Zakharchenko, volunteered
for the experiment in 2012,
hoping to be able to breath
underwater without a diving
mask.
The scientists of
the Laboratory of Human
Molecular Genetics of the N.I.
Pirogov Russian State Medical
University, led by Professor
Ivan Arturovich
Vedenin, were able to modify
the man’s DNA
permanently after almost two
years of constant treatment,
causing his body to change
drastically.

more here: www.worldnewsdailyreport.com/russia-man-grows-gills-after-having-fish-genes-added-to-his-dna/

Re: Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
shocked

wtf!?! so he can breathe under water

I use to think whites are super intelligent, now I know they are just stoopid and useless!
Is it right to permanently alter one's DNA in the name of science and technology

wat the hell is the world turning into?
Re: Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
EroticAngelina:
shocked

I use to think whites are super intelligent, now I know they are just stoopid and useless!
Is it right to permanently alter one's DNA in the name of science and technology

so you believe the story

1 Like

Re: Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
LIES!
Re: Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
crusadistic:

so you believe the story
Many Nigerians have the potential to get scammed. Its nothing new that if 200 people are told a lie, at least two would believe it.
Re: Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
In Every lie, they is always an atom of truth;

It's not today that scientists have been altering human Dna for Research purpose.

But the man that offer himself to be use is........... Stvpid.
It is sad that he don't have a purpose!!!!
Re: Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by johnydon22(m): 11:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
EroticAngelina:
shocked

The story is pure hoax... Even if it is possible in the future i do not know but for now Human genome can't be mixed with fish genome to produce a HumanFish hybrid..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by billyG(m): 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
this man na Leviathan.
Re: Russia: Man Grows Gills After Having Fish Genes Added To His Dna by ValentineMary(m): 11:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
As much as I might not believe d story, there is a possibility of such happening in d near future when genetic engineering is well understood. All we have to do is to cleave the DNA sequence for the physiological feature using DNA endonuclease and incorporate into d human genome by d enzyme DNA ligase. The problem with d story is that it can't just be attached to a guy in his 20's because at that point his genome is quite complex and long. It can only work with a foetus made and nutured in d lab, starting from d zygote.

(1) (Reply)

3-day Renewable Energy Workshop In Abuja / Removing Malware Or Virus From Your Itel Device Or Any Other Without Resetting / Learn How To Activate The Airtel 40GB For 5000, Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.