Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:42 PM

Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. (12763 Views)

Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects / "Please, Stop Opening Bottles With Your Teeth" / Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by litetias(m): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mustay:
We need a massive reorientation.

Just the other day at a newly tarred road in the commercial city, I was amazed that people had dumped waste bags in the gutters. Surprisingly, na supposedly big big men and women dey work and live there.

It's become a culture thing that even parents can't correct their children on proper etiquettes. It's easier to blame govt, lack of dustbins etc but what about our roles first If we performed our duties well, we'd have the gut to challenge LGAs for not living up to their offices.

It's the same way shop owners and residents remove dirt from their gutters then leave it by the road side - that's like using a basket to fetch water. You see little children not knowing what toilets are these days because their parents have taught them outfield yoga at an early age. Or is it motorists and passengers who throw orange peels, nylons etc out of their vehicles (which sometimes hits another motorist or passenger) Sometimes I want to pour water on these people, especially adults that should know better.

I don't want to continue with this but the attitude of the average Nigerian is distasteful when it comes to being responsible to the environment.

*spits*

. . . into a tissue paper and not on the road btw!
grin
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by oostin: 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
The waste bin that you put there abi.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by leciester(m): 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
na who u dey tell that 1. No be naija be dis pple self they tire me ohh if this country no wan get wise na who go stop d dirty. we self na government on our own
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by ceeceeuwa: 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
David0:
Hello Nairalanders.

Something happened today on my way from the office that really got me sad with the way some of us consciously loiter our environment without thinking twice.

Everyday we see the Lagos State cleaners doing their routine cleaning but by close of business the whole place is messed up.

This goes to show that, despite government playing their part in keeping the environment clean, a lot of us don't support the government, we probably do so in our words but not in action.

On my way from the office today, I was inside Marwa wt dis lady who was eating whatever, but as soon as she's done, she threw the nylon on the road. I had to caution her, that it would have been better she threw it inside the Marwa or better still keep it, when she sees a waste been, throw it there, rather than on the road.

This behavior, I've come across so many times, and on each occasion I had to correct whoever is involved.

This is really not nice, especially considering the elderly women doing the cleaning on the road. After all the wahala with peanut salary, we still go ahead to loiter the place like babies that needs to be corrected.

Let our conscience judge us in whatever we do. Let's have it in mind that government's effort in making the state conducive and clean for us, will continue to be just an effort if we don't support them in our own little way.

Let us also ensure we correct if not embarrass whoever we see loitering the environment, especially those who throw things from the vehicle.

Government should also make it a law prohibiting such behavior.

Stay Clean!
I am with you on this 100%
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by David0(m): 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
ceeceeuwa:

I am with you on this 100%
wink
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by otokx(m): 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Even in our houses we Nigerians are very dirty, come to Port Harcourt you will be amazed at the gabbage. Every junction is a market and motor park mixed together.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Rockyrascal(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
Salex007:
It is in blood already government can't cub it..
they can o,with the right technology and human resources in place.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by oodua1stson: 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
David0:
Hello Nairalanders.

Something happened today on my way from the office that really got me sad with the way some of us consciously loiter our environment without thinking twice.

Everyday we see the Lagos State cleaners doing their routine cleaning but by close of business the whole place is messed up.

This goes to show that, despite government playing their part in keeping the environment clean, a lot of us don't support the government, we probably do so in our words but not in action.

On my way from the office today, I was inside Marwa wt dis lady who was eating whatever, but as soon as she's done, she threw the nylon on the road. I had to caution her, that it would have been better she threw it inside the Marwa or better still keep it, when she sees a waste been, throw it there, rather than on the road.

This behavior, I've come across so many times, and on each occasion I had to correct whoever is involved.

This is really not nice, especially considering the elderly women doing the cleaning on the road. After all the wahala with peanut salary, we still go ahead to loiter the place like babies that needs to be corrected.

Let our conscience judge us in whatever we do. Let's have it in mind that government's effort in making the state conducive and clean for us, will continue to be just an effort if we don't support them in our own little way.

Let us also ensure we correct if not embarrass whoever we see loitering the environment, especially those who throw things from the vehicle.

Stay Clean!
while I understand you. But if I pay tax and I did not see it put to any meaningful use than stealing I would sh1t on the road sef if I vex lol
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Niyinficient(m): 12:26am On Feb 07, 2016
BrownCookie:
I am guilty of that cry

Ur room go b anoda olusosun be dat grin
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by mikolo80: 12:33am On Feb 07, 2016
David0:
Hello Nairalanders.

Stay Clean!
were dustbins provided
were they taught to not throw trash.
they can't have what they weren't given .
good behaviour doesn't fall from the sky.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Deepfreezer(m): 2:50am On Feb 07, 2016
BrownCookie:
I am guilty of that cry
awww good girl, Stop it OK its not good. bless
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by gemale(m): 3:26am On Feb 07, 2016
I tot dt i was d only one who used 2 notice things lyk dt. Nigerians r naturally lawless & dirty pple. d excuse dt dere r no refuse bins is so flimsy. put d refuse in ur car, pocket or even handbags until u approach a bin. Next tym dere is overflooding in d rainy, dnt blame d govt; blame urselves.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by David0(m): 7:44am On Feb 07, 2016
mikolo80:
were dustbins provided
were they taught to not throw trash.
they can't have what they weren't given .
good behaviour doesn't fall from the sky.

Good behavior doesn't fall from the sky but common sense does. With common sense u don't need a teacher.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by David0(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2016
oodua1stson:
while I understand you. But if I pay tax and I did not see it put to any meaningful use than stealing I would sh1t on the road sef if I vex lol

Na who u do, government or ursef?
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by David0(m): 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
banmee:

You have a better chance of gummy bears falling from the sky than for Nigerians to be waste conscious. Nigerians are naturally dirty people and Nigeria as a county is among the dirtiest in the world.
grin We can change for the better.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by GarriBender: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Leave trash for Lawns
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by mikolo80: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
David0:

Good behavior doesn't fall from the sky but common sense does. With common sense u don't need a teacher.
there is no such thing as common sense. what is common is what your society 'teacher ' you. does not fall from heaven.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by David0(m): 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
mikolo80:
there is no such thing as common sense. what is common is what your society 'teacher ' you. does not fall from heaven.

So what ur saying in essence is dat, we shud continue in our usual behavior of dumping stuff on the road, since that's what the society tot us, ryt?
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by mikolo80: 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
David0:

So what ur saying in essence is dat, we shud continue in our usual behavior of dumping stuff on the road, since that's what the society tot us, ryt?

I am saying your getting annoyed will not solve the problem.
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by David0(m): 8:02am On Feb 13, 2016
mikolo80:
I am saying your getting annoyed will not solve the problem.

Obviously it is not my annoyance that will solve the problem, it is when each of us decides to do the right thing at the right time.

Imagine u see someone throwing stuff, n u correct dat person, the person in turn corrects another, wt tym we ll all develop that sense of belief, dat such behavior isn't right. That's d beginning of the solution.

1 Like

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by mikolo80: 2:36am On Feb 14, 2016
David0:

Obviously it is not my annoyance that will solve the problem, it is when each of us decides to do the right thing at the right time.

Imagine u see someone throwing stuff, n u correct dat person, the person in turn corrects another, wt tym we ll all develop that sense of belief, dat such behavior isn't right. That's d beginning of the solution.

I applaud your passion but trust me I've corrected many friends and they still do what comes naturally to them.

sorry to burst your bubble but only 'enforcement ' can change ppl on large scale not persuasion.

and you have to win election first to have power of persuasion.

like I said it doesn't fall from heaven.

if you really want it then join politics
win
make it a punishable offence like it is abroad and enforce.

nobody will trash when they know it will cost them
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by chibuzor05(m): 11:52am On Jul 08, 2016
Many Nigerians never deem it necessary to use the waste bin, thereby exposing themselves to dangers. Health issues such as malaria and typhoid is prominent in such places. We should fight against cholera, it is a killer.

PREVENTING CHOLERA WITH THE BEST WAYS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Dies In Tender Hospital Enugu Due To Alleged Negligence / First Mother-to-daughter Uterus Transplant Performed In Sweden / Staphlococus The Sturbborn Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.