Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - (2014 Views)

Falana Knocks Obasanjo, Attacks Jonathan / Jonathan’s PDP Peace Meeting Ends In Disarray / Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Otunbalarry: 12:01am On Feb 06, 2016
Olanrewaju Oyedeji
Despite efforts and assurances by the Federal Government that it would rescue the abducted Chobok girls alive, former President Olusegun Obasanjo has raised doubts on their possible return.
Mr Obasanjo, who spoke at an event organized by the Staff Club of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, on Friday, said anyone saying the girls would return was simply telling lies.
The programme which was held at the open arena of the staff club, was themed, “An Evening with Obasanjo.”
Mr. Obasanjo blamed former President Goodluck Jonathan for trivializing the distress call to rescue the girls on the day they were captured.
“The former president heard about the kidnap 8am in the morning of the abduction but failed to act until 72 hours later and by then it was too late,” Mr. Obasanjo stated.
“Anyone saying they(Chibok girls) will return is telling lies, maybe some of them will return to tell their story.”
According to him, the failure of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last presidential election is a blessing to Nigeria.
“We tried, but with Jonathan, it was best that PDP should fail to save Nigeria,” Mr. Obasanjo said.
He pointed out that one of the low points of the Jonathan administration was his treatment of issues of importance as politics, particularly that of Boko Haram.
On power generation, Mr Obasajo said there had been no meaningful improvements since he left office.
“Power is still the same way I left it in 2007, railway is same way and other sectors, it was best that PDP stopped ruling us,” he said.
“It was a thing of joy to me that the earlier declaration of 50 years governance for PDP did not come to pass.”
Mr Obasanjo, who was in company with the Vice-chancellor of the university, Professor Fadipe and other notable personalities, also took out time to take a swipe at Professor Wole Soyinka whom he described as “an amateur politician.”
“Wole Soyinka is a patriotic Nigerian, he is a great man but his opinion regarding politics, he always misses it, I have nothing against him,” he said.
Mr. Obasanjo also justified some of the decisions he took on education, saying he would take the same decisions if he had another chance.
“I have no regrets regarding the decisions I took in terms of education including removing free food in our institutions. We had 53 institutions when I came in 1999 but as at the time I left we had 150 institutions,” Mr Obasanjo explained.
“I prefer to have all persons in schools than to have some few persons simply enjoying free food.”
He also stated that he never had a godfather when he contested for president, admonishing young politicians to shun godfatherism and be ready to face hard times in politics.

Obasanjo attacks Jonathan, PDP again, says Chibok girls may not return - Premium Times Nigeria - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198040-obasanjo-attacks-jonathan-pdp-says-chibok-girls-may-not-return.html
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by chriskosherbal(m): 12:09am On Feb 06, 2016
Obasanjo always on the news.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Zzyco: 12:13am On Feb 06, 2016
"Kettle calling pot black", don't tell me you are pained that GEJ is receiving international accolades and you are running local league. This old man should respect his old age please!

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Phame: 12:15am On Feb 06, 2016
Baba' i'm happy you are a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by dikeigbo2(m): 12:20am On Feb 06, 2016
The drama continues ,ride on baba iyabo grin
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by nicedas(m): 12:24am On Feb 06, 2016
forget chibok girls dy r al history Wch our children wl liv to tell nd let's procceed...jona blongs to d past, let's tlk ABT d living....
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by poshestmina(f): 12:27am On Feb 06, 2016
Chibok girls are already in love with their abductors grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Okanokan(m): 12:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Former President Obasanjo need not be a spokesman for the Present Administration. Am beginning to believe that the CHIBOK Issue is a scam of no mean proportion, just to get at Jonathan. His statement that the girls will not return tells of high level conspiracy, why will they not return or be found?

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by abduljabbar4(m): 12:32am On Feb 06, 2016
Jonathan was and is indeed a useless fool. The drunkard didn't believe what happened until 3 days later after seeing the international attention it had attracted.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by abduljabbar4(m): 12:34am On Feb 06, 2016
Okanokan:
Former President Obasanjo need not be a spokesman for the Present Administration. Am beginning to believe that the CHIBOK Issue is a scam of no mean proportion, just to get at Jonathan. His statement that the girls will not return tells of high level conspiracy, why will they not return or be found?

Videos were released, parents were crying, people from all over the world believe it and here is one ***** calling it a scam

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 06, 2016
abduljabbar4:
Jonathan was and is indeed a useless fool. The drunkard didn't believe what happened until 3 days later after seeing the international attention it had attracted.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Okanokan(m): 12:51am On Feb 06, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Videos were released, parents were crying, people from all over the world believe it and here is one ***** calling it a scam

Video of who? That the world believed it does not make to be true. My gut feeling tells me that girls were abducted but the number mentioned is outrageous, how many escaped from captivity why can't we access them, who are are thier classmates? Why do the escapees vanish into oblivion etc,etc! Why the lull in #BOGS# Too many questions no answers.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by abduljabbar4(m): 1:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Okanokan:

Video of who? That the world believed it does not make to be true. My gut feeling tells me that girls were abducted but the number mentioned is outrageous, how many escaped from captivity why can't we access them, who are are thier classmates? Why do the escapees vanish into oblivion etc,etc! Why the lull in #BOGS# Too many questions no answers.

Where were u when boko haram released the video?

Do not also forget that it wasn't an estimated number, because the list of their names and pictures were provided

Their classmates also have been revealed. Some of them where even interviewed

What do you want the escapees to do for you?

Everything that has a beginning must have an end. They have lost hope in recovering the girls. Thanks to gejs refusal to take action until 3 days later

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Pidggin(f): 1:03am On Feb 06, 2016
GEJ built 14 FG universities in six years
OBJ built one personal private University in eight years

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by arresa: 1:19am On Feb 06, 2016
According to him, the failure of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last presidential election is a blessing to Nigeria.
“We tried, but with Jonathan, it was best that PDP should fail to save Nigeria

Well said...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by 100Cents: 2:01am On Feb 06, 2016
Old age.

Where is ur wisdom ?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by sotadegrt(m): 2:16am On Feb 06, 2016
cheap hypocrisy. End time assumption

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by tsdarkside(m): 3:08am On Feb 06, 2016
today,you dont even hear jonathan talking about the chibok girls no more....as if they never existed!... angry

all jonathan cares about,is his image and reputation...

this tells me alot,about his true character.....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by tsdarkside(m): 3:11am On Feb 06, 2016
Otunbalarry:
Olanrewaju Oyedeji
Despite efforts and assurances by the Federal Government that it would rescue the abducted Chobok girls alive, former President Olusegun Obasanjo has raised doubts on their possible return.
Mr Obasanjo, who spoke at an event organized by the Staff Club of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, on Friday, said anyone saying the girls would return was simply telling lies.
The programme which was held at the open arena of the staff club, was themed, “An Evening with Obasanjo.”
Mr. Obasanjo blamed former President Goodluck Jonathan for trivializing the distress call to rescue the girls on the day they were captured.
“The former president heard about the kidnap 8am in the morning of the abduction but failed to act until 72 hours later and by then it was too late,” Mr. Obasanjo stated.
“Anyone saying they(Chibok girls) will return is telling lies, maybe some of them will return to tell their story.”
“We tried, but with Jonathan, it was best that PDP should fail to save Nigeria,” Mr. Obasanjo said.
He pointed out that one of the low points of the Jonathan administration was his treatment of issues of importance as politics, particularly that of Boko Haram.
On power generation, Mr Obasajo said there had been no meaningful improvements since he left office.
“Power is still the same way I left it in 2007, railway is same way and other sectors, it was best that PDP stopped ruling us,” he said.
“It was a thing of joy to me that the earlier declaration of 50 years governance for PDP did not come to pass.”
Mr Obasanjo, who was in company with the Vice-chancellor of the university, Professor Fadipe and other notable personalities, also took out time to take a swipe at Professor Wole Soyinka whom he described as “an amateur politician.”
“Wole Soyinka is a patriotic Nigerian, he is a great man but his opinion regarding politics, he always misses it, I have nothing against him,” he said.
Mr. Obasanjo also justified some of the decisions he took on education, saying he would take the same decisions if he had another chance.
“I have no regrets regarding the decisions I took in terms of education including removing free food in our institutions. We had 53 institutions when I came in 1999 but as at the time I left we had 150 institutions,” Mr Obasanjo explained.
“I prefer to have all persons in schools than to have some few persons simply enjoying free food.”
He also stated that he never had a godfather when he contested for president, admonishing young politicians to shun godfatherism and be ready to face hard times in politics.

Obasanjo attacks Jonathan, PDP again, says Chibok girls may not return - Premium Times Nigeria - http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198040-obasanjo-attacks-jonathan-pdp-says-chibok-girls-may-not-return.html

50 kini?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

chaiii...we don suffer.... shocked shocked shocked....chaii.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Okanokan(m): 3:58am On Feb 06, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Where were u when boko haram released the video?

Do not also forget that it wasn't an estimated number, because the list of their names and pictures were provided

Their classmates also have been revealed. Some of them where even interviewed

What do you want the escapees to do for you?

Everything that has a beginning must have an end. They have lost hope in recovering the girls. Thanks to gejs refusal to take action until 3 days later

Yeah we saw a video released by Boko Haram showing girls in hijab. They could be any girls gathered for the purpose of Propaganda, now come to think of it, how many mother of father of the Chibok Girl who watch the so called Shekau video came out to say, thats my daughter sitting at the left hand side or tall one green hijab is my daughter? None to the best of my knowledge made references, however, yes Girls were kidnapped no doubt but blaming Jonathan seem to be in thing now, but if we must stretch the conspiracy theory, does it not surprised you that in a community and school were Muslim and Christians reside and attend only Christians were abducted, what more can one say, if there was arrangee!
Jonathan cannot be blamed. In one vein he must fight Boko Haram and get the Girls Back but he must fight with bare HANDS
SHEER HYPOCRISY!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by skademzy(m): 5:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Why tell us what we knew? We kno they won't return. Not when most of them had fallen in-love with their abducters. The millitary shouldn't waste intelligence searching for the young mothers. Instead, they should regard them as collateral damages while they uproot the insurgents. Don't want my children to know about these animals except in their History classes.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by appini: 5:20am On Feb 06, 2016
tsdarkside:

today,you dont even hear jonathan talking about the chibok girls no more....as if they never existed!... angry

all jonathan cares about,is his image and reputation...

this tells me alot,about his true character.....

Not until we see Buhari leading from the front line in sambisa forest, has promised during the electioneering campaigns.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by anonimi: 5:57am On Feb 06, 2016
arresa:
Well said...

Indeed by the navigator of APC abi?
The man who ruled ruined Nigeria for eight years as civilian president on PDP platform and installed Yar'Adua plus Jonathan, not so
Bros, why have you chosen to be a joker, this early momo?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by anonimi: 6:07am On Feb 06, 2016
appini:
Not until we see Buhari leading from the front line in sambisa forest, has promised during the electioneering campaigns.

Firefire:
I am really worried about the increasing death toll... cry

Buhari said: “If you elect me as the President of Nigeria on February 14 (now March 28), I am assuring you that our government will chase Boko Haram out of Nigeria within two months because it is the responsibility of any reasonable government to secure the lives and property of its citizens.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/polls-campaign-promises-great-expectations/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3126736_killbokoharam_jpegd375c59f7b9b33f00c41d6006bbb5f00

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3267743_lead_jpeg40d3816c9537a77f5db1d8af2860b5b6
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Firefire(m): 6:10am On Feb 06, 2016
“Anyone saying they(Chibok girls) will return is telling lies, maybe some of them will return to tell their story.” - OBJ

Chibok girls MUST return.

Buhary promised to bring them back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by vedaxcool(m): 6:13am On Feb 06, 2016
anonimi:

Indeed by the navigator of APC abi?
The man who ruled ruined Nigeria for eight years as civilian president on PDP platform and installed Yar'Adua plus Jonathan, not so
Bros, why have you chosen to be a joker, this early mom[/img]

Ignoramus who liberalize the education sector? His policy on education ensured more private universities could operate!
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by anonimi: 6:19am On Feb 06, 2016
vedaxcool:
Ignoramus who liberalize the education sector? His policy on education ensured more private universities could operate!

His CORRUPTION enhancing and promoting policies and actions DEPRIVED money from federal universities because of his wanton greed and stealing of our money.
Next

Obasanjo shared $74million Halliburton bribe, Okiro Panel says: • OBJ also pocketed another $5 million with PDP • Interim Panel report disappeared in Aso Rock
MAY 18, 2010

President Olusegun Obasanjo, who led Nigeria from 1999-2000, during which time he swore to fight corruption in the country, obtained considerable helpings of the infamous Haliburton bribe money, the Special Investigation Panel headed by Inspector-General of Police, Mike Okiro, has declared in an interim report.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2010/05/18/obasanjo-shared-74million-halliburton-bribe-okiro-panel-says-%E2%80%A2-obj-also-pocketed-another
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by vedaxcool(m): 6:57am On Feb 06, 2016
[s]
anonimi:

His CORRUPTION enhancing and promoting policies and actions DEPRIVED money from federal universities because of his wanton greed and stealing of our money.
Next

[/s]

The issue remains education policy under obj led to more private varsities. That remains the point he was making not your weak attempt at producing lies.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by Jesusloveyou: 7:33am On Feb 06, 2016
Zzyco:
"Kettle calling pot black", don't tell me you are pained that GEJ is receiving international accolades and you are running local league. This old man should respect his old age please!
is he not better than ur clueless corrupt ineffectual buffoon

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by wirinet(m): 7:40am On Feb 06, 2016
Jona owes Nigeria an explanation on why he failed to act for 3 days after he got the security reports that over 200 girls had been abducted. As commander in chief he should have ordered immediate military response, even if he thinks the abductions was a hoax. To react half heartedly 3 days later is the height of irresponsibility.
I wonder why Nigerians have not question Jonathan for his atrocious response to the Chibok girl's abductions.
Re: Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan, PDP Again, Says Chibok Girls May Not Return - by anonimi: 8:47am On Feb 06, 2016
wirinet:
Jona owes Nigeria an explanation on why he failed to act for 3 days after he got the security reports that over 200 girls had been abducted. As commander in chief he should have ordered immediate military response, even if he thinks the abductions was a hoax. To react half heartedly 3 days later is the height of irresponsibility.
I wonder why Nigerians have not question Jonathan for his atrocious response to the Chibok girl's abductions.

Nigerians are waiting for you to question Buhari for his support for Boko Haram terrorists while casting aspersions on the efforts of our gallant soldiers.
Hope you won't tarry to do the needful smiley

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2587510_buharibokoharamnegotiator_jpegd42690cb2f2ac90a06f15aac5d233e2c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2035028_buhari_jpeg124530d5bd433c751b175a8e21349689

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: See What This Kid Was Spotted Doing / PRESS RELEASE April 25, 2016 Saraki's Office Alert Public On Planned Protest / See What Happened At Agbado Area Of Ogun Today After The Storm (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.