Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,411 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun (658 Views)

Why I Didn’t Call GEJ After Chibok Girls Were Abducted By Boko Haram — Borno Gov / WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges / Wike's Victory At Supreme Court: No Victory Yet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by Ndlistic(m): 12:55am On Feb 06, 2016

National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has said that he did not call for the probe of Supreme Court judges over their verdict in favour of Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike. Odigie-Oyegun made the clarification in an interview with Saturday Vanguard in Abuja on Friday, said there was no need to do so since the apex court had not given any reason for its verdicts.

The chairman said: “I did not at any time call for the probe of the judges of the Supreme Court because we do not know what informed the court’s decision in respect of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and others. “It would be out of place for me to have made such a call when the apex court was to come out with the details of its judgment. “In any case, what is there to probe when we don’t even know what informed their decisions?” he asked rhetorically.

The chairman noted that although the apex court judgment in the case of Rivers and Akwa Ibom were very “astonishing”, the party would wait to hear what informed them before making its feelings public.

It will be recalled that during a meeting with the APC Governorship Candidate in Rivers State, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, on Wednesday, Odigie-Oyegun had noted that there was something wrong with the nation’s judiciary, which needed to be investigated so as to move the nation forward but did not make specific mention of the Supreme Court.

“We must address these issues. I still find the judgement on the Rivers State governorship election totally astonishing. There is something fundamentally wrong in the Judiciary,” he said.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/wikes-victory-i-didnt-call-for-s-court-judges-probe-odigie-oyegun/

cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by Phame: 1:14am On Feb 06, 2016
I think the twitter senator should apologize to oyegun.
Re: Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by protectionsiker: 1:29am On Feb 06, 2016
More like grin grin grin

Re: Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by sotadegrt(m): 2:14am On Feb 06, 2016
believe dat man at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 06, 2016
Front page
Re: Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by kenben: 2:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Oyegun the wise and experienced leader, thank u for clearing the air. I hope this makes front page So everyone can finally read what he truly said.
Re: Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:02am On Feb 06, 2016
The "apex" court that voids elections and puts in who they felt was the "rightful" winner despite not being on ballot or campaigning? Anyway Wike is not a threat to the status quo or Kaduna Mafia so why not just leave the rogue to be there. It's not like he's gonna turn Port Harcourt into a Tokyo in 4 or 40 years.
Re: Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by Aufbauh(m): 5:34am On Feb 06, 2016
It is prejudicial to cast aspersion on the judgement of the Supreme Court from a critical stakeholder especially when the reasons for the judgement is yet to be given.
Nonetheless, the supreme court judges should not be seen as infallible as they are mere mortals.
Justice Chukwudife Oputa rightly put it that "We are final not because we are infallible, rather we are infallible because we are final" When he was confronted with a question of the infallibility of the Supreme Court.
Re: Wike’s Victory: I Didn’t Call For S-court Judges’ Probe — Odigie-oyegun by skademzy(m): 5:41am On Feb 06, 2016
As earlier, truly you didn't. You only insinuated grin... Yeyenatu undecided

(1) (Reply)

There Are Political, Economic Gains To My Trips – Buhari / On BMB I Stand: I'm A Patriot And I Volunteer For The Common Sense Revolution. / The FEC Meeting Should Be Henceforth Scrapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.