Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

‘Tom and Jerry’ celebrates 76 years since it was created - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ‘Tom and Jerry’ celebrates 76 years since it was created (1456 Views)

Tom & Jerry Turns 76 Today ( See Pics ) / Naija Girls And Shaving Are Like Tom And Jerry [a Must Read] / Watford Vs Man Utd In Pics (tom And Jerry Edition) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘Tom and Jerry’ celebrates 76 years since it was created by SaintAlbert53: 3:05am On Feb 06, 2016
Tom and Jerry is celebrating 76 years since it was created.Photo: MGM This month makes it the 76th year since globally acclaimed cartoon, Tom and Jerry was created. The widely-loved animation series, which chronicles the rivalry between a cat named Tom and Jerry, the ever troublesome mouse was created in 1940 by William Hanna and Joseph Barbara.The cartoon was initially named ‘Puss gets the boots’ when it was first created with the cat initially called Jasper and the mouse named Jinx.
The name was however changed after it was
nominated for ‘Academy Award for Best Short
Subject: Cartoons of 1941’. The cartoon is one of the most popular animated
series ever and remains part of the growing up of a large chunk of today’s adults.
‘Epic’ best describes Tom and Jerry as it celebrates its 76th anniverssary.

(1) (Reply)

My Parents Do Not Support My Serious Relationship With My Gf....what Do I Do? / Isn't This Indecent Dressing? / Do You Support Sex Before Marriage Or NOT? Reasons Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.