Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,446 members, 7,801,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" (764 Views)

Bobrisky :If A Man Can Cheat On You With Me, Then You're A Disgrace To Womanhood / Vandora, Bambam And Anto Cover VL Magazine's June Edition / Meet Meggy Linus, New Akwa Ibom Teen Queen, She Replaces Abasiodiong Eyo Inyang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" by JAZES(m): 6:39am On Feb 06, 2016
Did you remember the story about of the Beauty Queen – Joyce Amarachi Mbatu who was dethroned and had her contract cancelled after refusing to do a topless photoshoot.

The management of VL Magazine, through the CEO have issued an official statement addressing Amarachi’s allegations.

Describing her as a “disgrace to womanhood” who wasn’t fit to be a “queen to a mechanic shop”. they contend that she was briefed about her duties as the face of the brand, and insist she was not asked to come to Benin for a topless shoot.

Read their statement below Words from the CEO:

“My manager called my attention to updates from different blogs about the dethroned queen bed … here is my official statement concerning all the controversies as regards the dethroned queen ( Amarachi Joyce Mbatu) During the time of the competition all contestants where informed that when the winner emerge the winner will do a bikini shoot as part of her portfolio and they all agreed (Amarachi inclusive). ‎

All contestants where also informed that as a beauty queen of VL you must be avaliable at all times when the brand needs you and this includes traveling to other states/countries for jobs, I told them specifically that who ever won’t be able to meet with these requirements should quit and they all agreed and said they are available 100%.

(Amarchi Inclusive) When Amarachi won face of VL it was from one complain to another, she wanted things to go her which was not possible…As face of ‎VL winner she was supposed to CO host our Tv show (Just Say It) with me but she opted out because she said her work won’t permit her to do that.
Amarachi was supposed to come to Benin city for a shoot but she declined at first saying her parents won’t allow her travel , In the end she agreed to travel but saying she will stay for just 3 hours.

I spent more than 100 thousand naira to make sure Amarachi coming to Benin was stress a free one. Amarachi tricked us saying she was coming to Benin only to call us 2 hours later saying her flight was cancelled.

I told her to send me her booking and flight number which she did and I traced the flight and discovered Amarachi didn’t book any flight to Benin.

When you are on a contract with a brand as a beauty queen or whatsoever you are supposed to be available at all times when the brand needs you but in Amarachi’s case she wanted to dictate for the brand which is unheard of and inappropriate .

She even said she won’t always be available for the brand at all times because her job was a constraint ‎ Amarachi was not dethroned because we told her to do a topless shoot, she was disqualified because of her lack of commitment, availability and not been able to meet up with the brands requirements……Amarachi agreed to do a bikini shoot even before the competition as of part of her portfolio which every beauty queen does after winning a competition, after winning she said she didn’t want it anymore……we didn’t tell Amarachi to come to Benin and do a topless shoot….. I want to say I am very disappointed in Amarachi for coming on social media trying to tarnish the image of the brand, she is a disgrace to womanhood and a very big liar….she is not even fit enough be a queen of a mechanic workshop. Thanks for your support…..God bless”
-Theo Olele CEO/Publisher
VL Magazine Africa ‎
http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2016/02/06/vl-magazine-reacts-to-dethroned-beauty-queens-allegations-she-is-not-fit-to-be-a-queen-to-a-mechanic-shop/
CC: lalasticlala,ishilove

Re: VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" by daisyella: 6:50am On Feb 06, 2016
Queen vashti in the book of Esther comes to mind
Re: VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" by espn(m): 6:57am On Feb 06, 2016
I believe this story aa bit but the truth is still missing!

1 Like

Re: VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" by Afrok(m): 7:22am On Feb 06, 2016
Amarachi had spoken, the brand too has defended their name, now how do we know which side is telling the truth or what the truth is?

I suggest we talk to God in prayer about it, coz whatever is hidden is visible to God.
Prayer warriors, over to y'all... am out.
Re: VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" by graciella(f): 8:12am On Feb 06, 2016
She's a disgrace to womanhood for refusing a bikini photoshoot? like seriously hahahaha! Dethroning is not the issue, she has collected her prize jor lol
Re: VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" by JAZES(m): 5:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
graciella:
She's a disgrace to womanhood for refusing a bikini photoshoot? like seriously hahahaha! Dethroning is not the issue, she has collected her prize jor lol

Gbam
Re: VL Magazine Reacts To Dethroned Beauty Queen- “she Is A Disgrace To Womanhood" by Fiwasayo(f): 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
Well,if she really did sign a contract,she could be sued....if not....let them leave the lady alone undecided disgrace to womanhood cos she refused what she did not feel comfortable doing angry

(1) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar's Cleavage-baring Outfit To Movie Premiere (photos) / 9 things you don't know about Syndic8 Record / Who Owns The Ipad? Abdusallam, Shonekan Or Obasanjo????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.