Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari (24326 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / Fresh:no Ministers Yet Buhari / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by boman2014: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2016

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt5obq8qf076e.cd87136d.jpg[/img]

– Buhari denies the anti-graft war is targeted at the opposition party

– The president challenges those with evidence against APC members involved in corruption to come out with such

President Muhammadu Buhari has remained dedicated to the fight against corruption, despite criticism in some quarters about the genuineness of the anti graft war by his administration.

In fact, he stated that the fight had yet to start, speaking on the British Broadcasting Corporation, (BBC) television, Buhari denied insinuations that his fight against corruption was targeted against only the opposition.

He challenged those with credible evidence against any member of his All Progressives Congress (APC) involved in corruption to come out with such.

Though he admitted that government officials who looted the public treasury have started returning the monies they stole, he however did disclose the exact amount so far returned, noting that it would be unfair to so at this stage.

Asked if he agreed to grant amnesty to the looters who have returned their monies,

Buhari remained non-committal when asked if he agreed to grant amnesty to the looters who have returned their money, saying he had to depend on the experts’ advice to take decision on that.

In response to criticism that he is only after political opposition figures, the President Buhari said making wild allegations had become a past time or a hobby among Nigerian critics of his administration.

He added: “If they can provide evidence. If they can give an idea that so, so member of my cabinet or party have connived and stolen so much. If I don’t react to credible information, then they can blame me. But they can’t just open their mouth and said that I am being selective. Selective how.”

Meanwhile, President Buhari has revealed his administration had been able to plug leakages and save N2. 2 trillion through the Treasury Single Account (TSA).

Buhari revealed the reason when he spoke on the state of the economy during an interactive session with the Nigerian community in the United Kingdom on the sidelines of the supporting Syria conference in London.

https://www.naij.com/721448-war-corruption-not-started-yet-buhari.html

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by HungerBAD: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2016
A President blessed with brain.

For those shouting Amaechi and Tinubu, bring your proof and evidences to the Courts. Well said Mr. President.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 10:26am On Feb 06, 2016
it has not started yet,until efcc invites jonathan....

the crook-in-chief....

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2016
Waiting to see where all these will end. Is Buhari really been selective? Or is he just going about trying to wreck PDP finally such that there wont be a credible opposition in 2019.. Lol. It is well.

Put your trust in no POLITICIAN.
Untill these set of people and probed and found guilty....
(Obasanjo IBB Saraki Tinubu Amaechi et all) then the so called wa against corruption is a sham.
Probing those people alone with our loots recovered is enough to sustain Nigeria for years. Awon OLEY buruku.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Justiyke4u: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2016
So all these media fuse na wetin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by fagbalex(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2016
This is the beginning, corruption must be history in this country.....
Baba we patriotic Nigerians are solidly behind you.
Carry go

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by diasporaman(m): 10:33am On Feb 06, 2016
fight against corruption has not started and we are already in the eight month of his tenure. It is obvious the entire 4 years will be channeled into the fight against corruption.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by alatbaba1(m): 10:44am On Feb 06, 2016
Finish them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by tsdarkside(m): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2016
diasporaman:
fight against corruption has not started and we are already in the eight month of his tenure. It is obvious the entire 4 years will be channeled into the fight against corruption.

yes,,if this is the only thing him sabi do,,then we are already satisfied with him.....

he has my vote already for 2019.....

i dont like jonathan....

since jonathan left office,when did he ever mention chibok-girls again??...did you noticed that??...

not even mama piss....atleast from mama pisss i await a responce about the chibok-girls....

50 Likes

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Sandydayz(f): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2016
Where is lalasticlala sef .....its 11am now

1 Like

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Day169: 11:01am On Feb 06, 2016
..so the war hasn't even started all this while? That means he's just been lining up his arsenal.
If true, then not even the "iron dome" will be able to shield the looters when the "shelling" begins.
..going to take cover cool

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Mjshexy(f): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2016
You've got my backing sir, even if it entails shipping some thieves inside crates or Ghana must go bags back to this country for them to refund stolen resources & face firing squard, ba komi..Shikena

27 Likes

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Achuwa1(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2016
Efcc is using its power to dig into transactions of some opposition party pdp members tht the presidency want punished with the help of banks & other agencies to get evidence against them...
Every meaningful Nigerian know tht apc stalwarts like Amaechi,fashola,Rochas,Aregbesola,oshiomole & co. all used state funds to prosecute campaigns for pmb thts y most apc states are broke at the moment even imo state tht collect 14% is also broke except for lagos tht is a commerce hub.
we the poor masses know tht all this aforementioned are all corrupt even Tinubu & we dont have the power to dig into their corrupt transaction if not we would have done so & also pmb wouldnt dare investigate them coz their fund put him in power.
so anybody saying if we have evidence we should bring it up is just fooling himself coz they are know the poor masses cant have access to such,
. So y is Apc even hiding lamorde away from the public scene,using the excuse tht lamorde went for meducal outside the country,,,is lamorde medical different from the one diezani went for tht we kept seeing diezani on the media everyday & we do not see or hear anythng about lamorde.
. We all know its only Lamorde tht can expose the present regime coz he has access to inciting illegal transaction & corrupt practices apc hierachy has in code..
Lamorde himself was corrupt & his colleagues in top hierachy of efcc also blew it to the media but he was smart enough to open up to apc abt knowing and having inciting documents against them tht if they try investigating them he will expose them .
. So a deal was struck between Lamorde & the presidency to allow him go on the excuse of medicals,,,,
. So anyone telling we the poor masses to bring up evidence know fully well we cant access such like efcc & icpc is a propagandaist & apc stalwart,,
time will telll & they all we be exposed,,shebi oshiomole is now quiet coz the presidency approved his loan for the state & he is now silent flexing,at same time sinking the future of the state into debt,,,

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 11:19am On Feb 06, 2016
Confused, so confused.

This man is so so much out of touch with what he is doing, what he wants and what he may not want.

Oh God, how did we wreck this havoc on ourselves.

Save us, oh Lord

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by EagleScribes: 11:19am On Feb 06, 2016
After four years, we will know better. For now, we dey watch dey look.

At least, now we know that stealing is corruption but unfulfilled campaign promises is also corruption

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by asEdeyHOT: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Why is it that the same interview is been dissected into different parts and given different headlines?

1 Like

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Well that's great.
Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Firefire(m): 11:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Noise maker... alariwo ti tun gbode. undecided

2 Likes

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by adren(m): 11:20am On Feb 06, 2016
a nairalander shared this..
i cannot help financially but maybe selling my plot of land to him can...

Please nairalanders, with tears in my eyes i need ur help financially to help my mum and my 4 younger sisters who are about to be thrown out of the house due to the fact that our house rent has expired. My uncle that was always helpin us with 85% of the rent money is paralysed in the hospital for months now. My mum is a caterer and she earns just 20k to feed 5 people in the house. The small money she saves is for my school needs since am about to write jamb this year which is not even upto N20,000 in her account. Our hope was on my late dad's pension money. But we haven't gotten anything from PENCOM. They told us we were going to recieve alert last year..but till now we haven't heard from them. Itz very serious now, the landlord has threaten to kick us out of the 2 rooms he gave us. Please i beg good hearts to help us. The house rent for a year is N94,000. I'm just ashame of seeing my mum beg people for money everyday. I can't stand the shame and i can't tell her to stop either. Please i beg u, please, please cover our unclothedness. We have suffered enough. God bless your kind heart(s) Amen. We live in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. I will drop my number if necessary

cc Godzlove8

please help a bro..
he's human just like we are..

would be disastrous if his sisters ends up as sluts to make ends meet..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Sijo01(f): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2016
In that case, when will it start?
Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Kangol99(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2016
Okay Sir!!
Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Donaldomo(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2016
Yam eaters are in real trouble! Chai, Baba no go slow down at all be that o! Ride on Baba, Nigeria will surely remember you for this heroic fight!

7 Likes

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by kayabd(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2016
yam eaters...u never chi chum chin....by d time my honourable President and Nigerians are thru wit u,u will all commit suicide

6 Likes

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Glossyclick(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2016
Confused lad. grin grin it will start maybe after 4yrs or are you trying to say.

Our suffering has not yet started. Boo-Hari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by Adatob(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2016
Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by bettercreature(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2016
This dude is going to kidnap you from your home soon as the real war begins
Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by kilokeys(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2016
It will take him like 4 years..

While. Ignoring other important things.. Issokay

6 Likes

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by saintfaculty(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2016
grin
Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by richidinho(m): 11:23am On Feb 06, 2016
is he fighting from sick bed

2 Likes

Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by looseweight: 11:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Ok
Re: War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari by omooba969(m): 11:24am On Feb 06, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC / Ministers Designate Commence Documentation At OSGF (Pictures). / Kachikwu: Ours Will Become ‘scraps’ When Dangote Refinery Kicks Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.