Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari (25072 Views)

Biafra: Britain, Buhari Should Tell The World Why They Hate Igbos – IPOB / Buhari Repairing Nigeria’s Reputation Damaged By Jonathan — Fashola / Arms Purchase Scam Has Damaged Nigeria’s Reputation – Bamidele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by chesterlee(m): 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
focus7:
Igbos are in the front lead spoiling Nigeria reputation with crimes.

You are duller than Dullardinhoe!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
IgboDelta:
Just look at the way a man who is suppose to promote Nigeria's image abroad is busy destroying Nigeria's image abroad and painting Nigerians as corrupt, broke and criminals in the eyes of the world. What a shame !!! THIS APC GOVERNMENT IS NOT ONLY DICTATORIAL WITHOUT RESPECT FOR THE JUDICIARY BUT ALSO SHAMELESS AND CLUELESS. NONSENSE !!!

Destroying Nigeria's image abroad ! You can put that at the table of our corrupt polithiefcians who loot our treasury and lodge the funds in swiss and EU banks, or your brothers and sisters who carry drugs up and down the globe even with the present dangers if caught, or the ladies of reduced virtue who roam Italian streets at night.

Or should I call you the numerous fraudsters that litter UK looking for the next bank account to hit, the wire boys in Malaysia, drug dealers in SA, China and India

Buhari has not said anything new, all he has done is to reiterate fact.

One can only solve an acknowledge problem.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by vislabraye(m): 4:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Flets:

Stop bothering yourself with APC zombies who never argue with facts. They aint worth that time .... trust me.

Zombies will always be zombies. I posted this article on my fb wall. Guess what, no zombie made any comment.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 4:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
thiagocrush:

You are very dumb

Do you know the atrocities the british colonials committed in africa? have they themselves acknowledged it? have the british prime minister called his people murderers even after supporting nigeria in the biafran war to commit genocide because of oil. You seem not to know what being a president means.

Except in this case we are not speaking of British colonists, but Nigerians the fact remains that we have an image, a perception that needs changing
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by vislabraye(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
sweetgala:

Destroying Nigeria's image abroad ! You can put that at the table of our corrupt polithiefcians who loot our treasury and lodge the funds in swiss and EU banks, or your brothers and sisters who carry drugs up and down the globe even with the present dangers if caught, or the ladies of reduced virtue who roam Italian streets at night.

Or should I call you the numerous fraudsters that litter UK looking for the next bank account to hit, the wire boys in Malaysia, drug dealers in SA, China and India

Buhari has not said anything new, all he has done is to reiterate fact.

One can only solve an acknowledge problem.

Are there no positives ? Are there no Nigerians doing the nation proud ? If a president can say such about his country, how can he act against those people who kill Nigerians anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by vislabraye(m): 5:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
thiagocrush:
Buhari hates southerners and he knows its the southerners that travel to western nations, If i may ask, can he say this in saudi arabia, can he say this in iran, UAE nko. That man is a pure bastard, a dullard, an ingrate! after collecting yorubas vote, he slapped them by labeling them criminals.

Abi na una plenty pass for UK, Suffer the consequences.

SAI BABA!!! We dey ur back for this one cheesy cheesy grin

No oh. He loves Yorubas so much.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by teevodaprinz(m): 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
grin ;DBad Belle.... Wetin drag the yorubas into this? Abi you think say buhari Na yoruba man? Eyha, for your information Sai Buhari no be yoruba ooo

thiagocrush:
Buhari is a bastard, he has finished all of us, i pity yorubas in the uk, u think because ur language was added to the list of UK police languages, u think its an achievement. Criminality is the achievement and buhari has helped cement the belief that nigerians are criminals, especially yorubas.

SAI BABA cheesy
;DBad Belle.... Wetin drag the yorubas into this? Abi you think say buhari Na yoruba man? Eyha, for your information Sai Buhari no be yoruba

thiagocrush:
Buhari is a bastard, he has finished all of us, i pity yorubas in the uk, u think because ur language was added to the list of UK police languages, u think its an achievement. Criminality is the achievement and buhari has helped cement the belief that nigerians are criminals, especially yorubas.

SAI BABA cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by nwadiuko1(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
if to say this man get waec e for no bad like this

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by iHustle(m): 5:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sall:
You all can say what ever kind of trash about the president out of hatred . He still remains the best and corruption free president this country ever had. Unlike the previous silly and corrupt Jonathan that almost brought this country to down .

Is it that you haven't seen the details of the proposed 2016 budget or you are suffering from selective amnesia?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
Just imagine the president of Nigeria saying this irreversible statement about our nation. He's supposed to promote our national prestige as the number one figure but alas here we are being taken to the cleaners.This is what you have when an illiterate is allowed to rule over a complex country like Nigeria.Hope we decide wise next time.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by mideactive: 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
U sure have never traveled outside dis country b4!it's a fact,our image is already dented.they treat Nigerians defferently,it'l be very Detrimental to his image if he lies when they already knw wat we'r capable of.I think he's doin d right thing by telling 'em wat they already knw,n hw he intends to restore sanity.Sincerity is wat dis advance country want,but Jonathan was not capable of dat.u'l see hw dis 'll yeld gud result on d long run.we need all d help we can get,but d western world must see dat we'r ready 4 a change of attitude.

Flets:
Nigeria needs no additional enemy cos Buhari is already doing enough damage both at local and international fronts.

Who in his sane mind paints a bad picture of his home?
Does Buhari understand what diplomacy in speeches mean?

Every nation has its social challenges but they don't go about brandishing it at the slightest opportunity.

Are we worse than the Chinese, Indians, Lebanese and even Americans? Every nation is working at improving itself but not by washing its dirty linen on international media.

And we wonder why all the investors took off after May 29?

Buhari should never have been Nigeria's president at this time of global media frenzy
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by ideykwum: 5:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
grin
dearpreye:

Thanks my boss. Seems work is right at your side? God bless all your hustle.

Amen bro!! Wish you the same!! I need a holiday... and a Port Harcourt "massage"! Any suggestions? wink
dearpreye:

Thanks my boss. Seems work is right at your side? God bless all your hustle.

Amen bro!! Wish you the same!! I need a holiday... and a Port Harcourt "massage"! Any suggestions??
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 5:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
vislabraye:

Zombies will always be zombies. I posted this article on my fb wall. Guess what, no zombie made any comment.
Infact where are the damned zombies that are always ass-licking this Godforsaken government? Let them come & defend this incalculable damage.Nonsense! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by litetias(m): 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
People criticizing his comments are those who didn't take time to read them.
What the man simply said was about those who are going to other countries to seek asylum as refugees.
The geneva conference that allowed for this asylum thing only recognises those who can't stay in their country again because there is seious war or they are being persecuted.
Is there serious war in Nigeria, is anybody being persecuted
?
If you have your visa and travelled legally to other countries Buhari's comment does not concern you but if you travelled with visit visa and on getting there apply for asylum citing one stupid reason like that you are being persecuted for being gay or some othe BS that is what Buhari is kicking against

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Flets: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
mideactive:
U sure have never traveled outside dis country b4!it's a fact,our image is already dented.they treat Nigerians defferently,it'l be very Detrimental to his image if he lies when they already knw wat we'r capable of.I think he's doin d right thing by telling 'em wat they already knw,n hw he intends to restore sanity.Sincerity is wat dis advance country want,but Jonathan was not capable of dat.u'l see hw dis 'll yeld gud result on d long run.we need all d help we can get,but d western world must see dat we'r ready 4 a change of attitude.

So calling you a criminal on international media will make them treat you better?

Do you mind telling me which other president have come out to sell the negatives and odds of his country on international media?

These are simple questions, I need simple answers.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by bizoclock: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
If he stupidly announced such, Buhari is no brainer to rule not even his family. "SUPER IDIOT OF THE NORTH"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
ideykwum:
grin

Amen bro!! Wish you the same!! I need a holiday... and a Port Harcourt "massage"! Any suggestions? wink

Amen bro!! Wish you the same!! I need a holiday... and a Port Harcourt "massage"! Any suggestions??

Massage? Hmmmmm.....No sir. ....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by lanchy: 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
The truth is bitter! Nigerians in particular hate the truth!! If we have a positive image more people will want to work with us.....and invest in us. Right now the first thing most foreigners think when they hear Nige-ri (fraud/419/corruption)-an. We always think others are NOT watching what we do and forming conclusions on us as a people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by ATERI(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
A very reckless and stupid talk from an ignoramus who happens to be President

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by fujirice: 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
kolaosita4:
Diplomacy my foot talk de truth presido we are heaven candidate.
Unless you are being sarcastic or trying to be funny I'll say I'm really disappointed. Even if the whole of Nigeria is corrupt,it is not in the place of Mr President to state the obvious to the whole world. Please what kind of oath did PMB take on the 29th of May 2015?
This is no APC vs PDP thingy. This is a case of our nationhood. This is a case of a father "ratting" out(for lack of better adjective to describe the situation at hand) his children. Gawd!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by lanchy: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
litetias:
People criticizing his comments are those who didn't take time to read them.
What the man simply said was about those who are going to other countries to seek asylum as refugees.
The geneva conference that allowed for this asylum thing only recognises those who can't stay in their country again because there is seious war or they are being persecuted.
Is there serious war in Nigeria, is anybody being persecuted
?
If you have your visa and travelled legally to other countries Buhari's comment does not concern you but if you travelled with visit visa and on getting there apply for asylum citing one stupid reason like that you are being persecuted for being gay or some othe BS that is what Buhari is kicking against

Thank you! Including the drug dealers and fraudsters that tarnish the image of career oriented Nigerians....It's the truth, having Nigerians negatively in the media (Drugs/Corruption/Fraud) reduces the chances for well meaning Nigerians aspirationally.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by hasyak(m): 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
You must be deceiving yourself to think that the president is saying what is obvious to the world already, we need to be told the truth by our leaders to Change our ways ...
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by thiagocrush: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
fujirice:

Unless you are being sarcastic or trying to be funny I'll say I'm really disappointed. Even if the whole of Nigeria is corrupt,it is not in the place of Mr President to state the obvious to the whole world. Please what kind of oath did PMB take on the 29th of May 2015?
This is no APC vs PDP thingy. This is a case of our nationhood. This is a case of a father "ratting" out(for lack of better adjective to describe the situation at hand) his children. Gawd!

Please you need not tell them anymore, whenever they travel out and racism is meted out on them, unwarranted harrasment by police, then they will remember buhari's statement.

As long as buhari is still the president, these types will support him even if he commits genocide. They are scared of being laughed at for voting a dullard as president , instead they support his every stupidity both local and international.

S.tupid bunchs they are, I tell you, hypocrites!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by ideykwum: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
cheesy grin
dearpreye:

cheesy
dearpreye:

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by thiagocrush: 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
lanchy:

Thank you! Including the drug dealers and fraudsters that tarnish the image of career oriented Nigerians....It's the truth, having Nigerians negatively in the media (Drugs/Corruption/Fraud) reduces the chances for well meaning Nigerians aspirationally.

Shut up! Do you knw how many chinese, lebanese, indians who commit crime in the whole world, indians are known for rape but have u ever heard the indian prime minister call his people rapist?

Yorubas are known for 419 and bank fraud in the uk but does it mean all yorubas are 419ers, I fact you need some sense. No matter hw bad nigerians are, as a leader do not admit that your people are bad in a foreign country because for every one 419er there are a thousand lawyers, traders, doctors, architect, nurses doing nigeria proud.

Infact we need bia.fra, thats the only way I can rid my self of this shame

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by vizboy(m): 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

Because on a scale of one to ten they are a six. Unlike Nigeria where we haven't even reached one.

Be frank with yourself No President goes about badmouthing his or her country.

Even little Ghana that does worst have you ever heard the president speak bad about his country on international stage.

Buhari goofed simple

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by banmee(m): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
vizboy:

Be frank with yourself No President goes about badmouthing his or her country.

Even little Ghana that does worst have you ever heard the president speak bad about his country on international stage.

Buhari goofed simple

Ghana does worse in what? Buhari only spoke the truth about we are known for.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by vizboy(m): 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

So you don't know Ghana is worst in scam and all that that buhari is saying about his own country.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by erico2k2(m): 6:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Flets:
Nigeria needs no additional enemy cos Buhari is already doing enough damage both at local and international fronts.

Who in his sane mind paints a bad picture of his home?
Does Buhari understand what diplomacy in speeches mean?

Every nation has its social challenges but they don't go about brandishing it at the slightest opportunity.

Are we worse than the Chinese, Indians, Lebanese and even Americans? Every nation is working at improving itself but not by washing its dirty linen on international media.

And we wonder why all the investors took off after May 29?

Buhari should never have been Nigeria's president at this time of global media frenzy
I'm was so fed up with that statement. Can U imagine. There is crime everywhere. There are even more crimes committed by the 60 people in the UK than the 10M in Nigeria.Nigerian leaders embarassing us since 1869

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by erico2k2(m): 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

What league do you put the chinease then?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
No wonder the South Easterners call the other nation a zoo. Imagine...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by ATERI(m): 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
fujirice:

I agree with you totally. Our president is murdering our image in broad day light! And to think that he went to seek medical attention abroad plus his children that lived and schooled abroad makes one wonder on which moral ground he is standing to make such statements. The handlers of Mr President should please as a matter of urgency do something drastic. The thing don too much abeg!

Let me point out that Obasanjo made similar comments in an interview on BBC World Service during his Presidency. Coming back to your point on his handlers making sure he says the right thing. I don`t think a person can ever do better than him/herself as a leader. One fundamental deficit in IBB, OBJ and PMB is that they only go abroad on a course or as a tourist. Compare that with the Founding Fathers like Zik and Awo who lived, educated and worked in the West before becoming leaders. Please we shouldn`t underestimate what that difference does to a leader both in the way he thinks and talks. There are things a handler can`t teach or change

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okorocha Receives Odigie Oyegun In Imo (pics) / Planned Amphibious Military Training In The Creeks: Ijaw People Cry Out For Help / Man Beats Up IKEDC Staff For Distributing Bills Without Constant Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.