Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,537 members, 7,801,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (58531 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:46am On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

It's not about the truth. It's about the context of his office as the president of Nigeria and being the face of the country, especially when speaking to the international media. I'm sure you know whatever he said represents who he's and his office cos he represents the people.

You can't be blunt about everything as the country's first citizen, hence leaders always have handlers and they have to speak a certain way. Buhari needs to stop talking to the international media till his handlers can teach him how to talk the right way.
only professional jobless politicians need handlers to lie to win next election cos no pension for politicians

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:47am On Feb 07, 2016
grandstar:

Lebanese tend to have a rotten reputation all over Africa.. The Mexicans are notorious for crimes in USA.

Yet you will never see the leaders of any pf these countries tearing their countrymen down
because they are not going to those countries en masse like Nigerians
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Reference:

Make to who and for what purpose. What is his objective, the end game.
to let them know they're on their own if caught. don't call embassy when death penalty is called upon you
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by piagetskinner(m): 1:59am On Feb 07, 2016
Oh! gandalf buhari.... What have you done again
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Shymm3x: 2:02am On Feb 07, 2016
abbey621:

How wrong could one person be? I'm just laughing at you cos your assumptions are making the little credibility your argument might have dwindle. Since you don't know me or know what I do for a living, I forgive you for your first blunder but the other blunders in your write-up is inexcusable! It's a pity you and others have decided to turn the president's statements into something else but it doesn't change the fact that Nigerians living abroad have nobody to blame but themselves! If they are not contented living in another man's land then let them come back home and rebuild, the ones living in Nigeria are not animals and they do not have two heads. As bad as it can be sometimes living in the U.S.,I still appreciate the good opportunities provided and always thankful for my achievements so far. Not everyone is meant to be successful abroad and you can't expect Buhari to support nagging and whining from frustrated souls abroad most of whom are victims of the evil committed by their fellow Nigerians abroad. You also mentioned if Nigeria was better most people wouldn't migrate but tell me this, is Nigeria the only country where suffering exists? The president has not done or said anything damaging, the only damage exists in your mind and the mind of those who can't handle honesty!

Okay, you live in America. However, that doesn't negate the fact that you can take a naij person out of naij, but can't take the residual effects of naij experience and the mentality out of the person. And it's very evident in ya posts.

In as much as the US isn't a shinning example to define refinement cos the average yank is a brawn. I'd like to cite a similar example from America of the president of a country being supposedly "blunt and cold" unnecessarily in a different context and I'll like to know what you think. During the Harvard Professor, Henry Gates, and the police saga of racial profiling and forceful arrest in his home. I'm sure you remember Obama, as the POTUS, was "blunt and cold" when he gave his opinion on the issue. But what backlash did he get for being unpresidential in his approach, despite the fact that everything he said was right on the money? Once you can answer this, you'll understand why Buhari's wrong.

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 2:06am On Feb 07, 2016
why are people making a fuss about this? The truth is bitter, why sugar coat reality! I think he was referring to the Nigerians with criminal tendencies abroad, he ain't worried about the good Nigerians that contribute to their host country......Yall wailing fvckers need to get a job! I am Nigerian not criminal, STFU.....why are you worried if you are not a criminal? Awon oloshi orishirishi!!!

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 2:10am On Feb 07, 2016
flokii:
buh he is not lying na..

85% of Nigerians abroad are either involved in one crime or another..

need we talk about drug trafficking, internet fraud etc... Nigeria doesn't have good reputation so why d fuss..

Have you heard of diplomacy, sweetie, he should lie if that will promote and favor NIgeria. Diplomats lie all the time,in fact most of the time, they tell you one thing while they are doing another. Come home and deal with your problems. That's why I still like obasanjo, he gave it back to that Musician that sang Nigerian jagajaga. I'm sure he will never berate us in foreign land no matter how bad it is a home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Deepfreezer(m): 2:16am On Feb 07, 2016
Adaure4ever:
dats not what I mean.
If you count the statistics of Crime commited by Africans in UK, it is commited mainly by Nigerians.
All this Scam of a thing.
That is the point Buhari wants to make.
its obvious who u are. ZOMBIE.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Deepfreezer(m): 2:18am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
No mind them. Don't tell me you don't know people complaining All these kids you see ranting on social media has not ever step out of their village talk less of what's going on out side Nigeria. The president spoke the bitter truth. They should stop doing drug trafficking,human trafficking and other silly things that bring shame to the country simple.

God bless Nigeria
ZOMBIE.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Deepfreezer(m): 2:24am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
My problem with you and your likes is, you know nothing about western countries. Dude if you don't know,there are many Nigerians in western countries prisons. BTW,why am I even wasting my time with some who's life is full of sadness
you are a big fool, Zombie like you. the whole of your family are the drug pushers and human traffickers mumu buhari is talking about.

4 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by abbey621(m): 2:31am On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

Okay, you live in America. However, that doesn't negate the fact that you can take a naij person out of naij, but can't take the residual effects of naij experience and the mentality out of the person. And it's very evident in ya posts.

In as much as the US isn't a shinning example to define refinement cos the average yank is a brawn. I'd like to cite a similar example from America of the president of a country being supposedly "blunt and cold" unnecessarily in a different context and I'll like to know what you think. During the Harvard Professor, Henry Gates, and the police saga of racial profiling and forceful arrest in his home. I'm sure you remember Obama, as the POTUS, was "blunt and cold" when he gave his opinion on the issue. But what backlash did he get for being unpresidential in his approach, despite the fact that everything he said was right on the money? Once you can answer this, you'll understand why Buhari's wrong.

Broda my experience in Nigeria has taken me to heights here in the U.S, heights that many can only dream of, I don't know where you live and frankly I could care less, if you deny the Nigerian in you then you are even more delusional than it seems. In response to your question, the only backlash Obama got was from the opposition and a few others who held little opinion of him anyways! Majority of democrats and people of ethnic backgrounds supported him. How about you look at this scenario, Obama after the shooting death of Trayvon Martin making a statement that he fears the mere thought of his daughters or one of their friends walking by in a neighborhood and being harassed by a cop just because of their skin color or the type of garments they wore. The president's statement clearly stirred up issue of racial profiling and race generally in America, he was attacked by the opposition but majority of people clearly understood what he was saying. My point is this, a president does not have to be politically correct all the time, the greatest presidents in the history of the world have always been surrounded by controversies and it takes guts to be able to say what you mean and mean what you say!

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 07, 2016
In every 10 Nigerians abroad 7 are involved in legitimate businesses.

A true leader won't wash the dirty linen of his followers in public.

Bugari and his moroni.c goons has once again proved that they are nitwits.

I'm not surprised the dullard is actually from Niger.

5 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by isnovic(m): 3:00am On Feb 07, 2016
May the raw truth supported by some low life, low self worth Nigerians be the case for them and their families.

For those who see differently, there was a country.

For those honestly making a living abroad, whose situation has just got worsen by this presidential indiscretion, may God lighten the road you walk.

For indeed there is a burden all Nigerian must carry until 2019, when we may decide to cut-off the chains that seems to know more than and speak for more than 170 million Nigeria.

All pun intended.

6 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by babafirst(m): 3:03am On Feb 07, 2016
luvinhubby:

Applicable to you & yours, definetly not me.

#AmaNigerianNotaCriminal.
Ofcourse not applicable to you because Mr President did not generalise.He visits the Nigerian community abroad and canvasses for their support,he wouldn't visit and parley with criminals nau.Lets take Mr President's comment with maturity and not like a supreme court ruling between APC and PDP.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by babafirst(m): 3:21am On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

Please,Prof Gates case is not a perfect example to cite here,it involved racism (tribalism if it happened in Nigeria) and Obama had to be cautious(and all Nigerians are cautious too when it comes to tribalism and in 'real life' they pretend to love each other but on Nairaland where they are 'faceless' they show their true colours) but PMB mentioned a problem that involves all tribes not representing Nigeria well abroad and not the hardworking ones like Odion Ighalo,Emenike,Obafemi Martin's or my elder brother who is a 'first class' medical doctor in the UK today. Ofcourse that comment has not reduced my brother's clients/patients one bit.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Kalvan: 3:30am On Feb 07, 2016
flokii:
buh he is not lying na..

85% of Nigerians abroad are either involved in one crime or another..

need we talk about drug trafficking, internet fraud etc... Nigeria doesn't have good reputation so why d fuss..

Pulling stats out your butt?! Low.IQ, jealous cretin. Here in the US, Nigerians are breaking records and making money. Keep on hating, maybe it'll turn to food. Starving prick.

5 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by abbey621(m): 3:32am On Feb 07, 2016
babafirst:
Please,Prof Gates case is not a perfect example to cite here,it involved racism (tribalism if it happened in Nigeria) and Obama had to be cautious(and all Nigerians are cautious too when it comes to tribalism and in 'real life' they pretend to love each other but on Nairaland where they are 'faceless' they show their true colours) but PMB mentioned a problem that involves all tribes not representing Nigeria well abroad and not the hardworking ones like Odion Ighalo,Emenike,Obafemi Martin's or my elder brother who is a 'first class' medical doctor in the UK today. Ofcourse that comment has not reduced my brother's clients/patients one bit.

You are blessed!

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by gogodaye(m): 3:42am On Feb 07, 2016
kenny987:

He spoke for himself and his family. Do u know them better than he does?
So damn right.....He was merely remniscizing about his antedents........Was he not the one who attempted to crate and smuggle the late Umaru Dikko back to Nigeria after he was kidnapped off the streets of London in the early 1980s?....
When there were formal ways and means of extraditing Umaru Dikko back home to answer to whatever allegations were pending against him......

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by babafirst(m): 3:47am On Feb 07, 2016
abbey621:

You are blessed!
Amen,you too.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Holyman3(m): 3:47am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
@op, Just say Igbos/WAILERS ranting nonsense on social media. The president didn't lie,he just spoke the bitter truth.

God bless Nigeria.

*Before you quote me,make sure you've ever crossed your village*

You have apparently graduated from a Zombie to a walker.
Who knows what's next.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Holyman3(m): 3:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Buhari is a very senile old stewpid animal.
Each time he goes outside, he would call us one bad name.
This insult is becoming too much. The senate should impeach this dullard.

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by edupedia: 3:58am On Feb 07, 2016
Elosky20:
am yet to see where he called all nigerians abroad criminals.
people trying to make a mountain from a mole hill.

...did PMB reveal any secret?...the waillers at work again...did I not see the writer call PMB BUBU?...stop wasting your time...your strategy is a non-starter!...rubbish and nonsense.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by nijanigga: 4:28am On Feb 07, 2016
IPOB twisting PMB's words, in general Nigerians are greedy and if you want to dine with a Nigerian dine with a long spoon.Here where I live, it's a shame to say that you're a Nigerian because of scams. They know them at Walmart here when trying to load Walmart gift cards with stolen credit cards and many other scams.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by olaniyijulius: 4:28am On Feb 07, 2016
I'm short of words cos the Araba I meant the Arabs commit more than Nigerians or Africans do and their governments have never condemned them.......Hmmmmm our pressy share.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by totorimi: 4:39am On Feb 07, 2016
What he is saying in a nutshell is that the president of criminals is himself a criminal so internal community beware of any person that calls himself a Nigerian.

Yeye somebody.is a person that bad mouths his country and people. Bihari just did that.

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by laprince(m): 5:19am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
My problem with you and your likes is, you know nothing about western countries. Dude if you don't know,there are many Nigerians in western countries prisons. BTW,why am I even wasting my time with some who's life is full of sadness

Reading through all your statements and write ups, I think you are proud and arrogant.

How can you ask someone rhetorically, how far he has travelled before. et al.

Are you the most well-travelled?

Besides, the president was not diplomatic. simple.
By his statement, he has undermined honest Nigerians.

In law, its better 10 guilty people are set free, so as to free 1 innocent person.

3 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by laprince(m): 5:23am On Feb 07, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

I cant imagine you saying sh*t to me as if you are writing from heaven..
Please whatever the fvck you know about the west, just keep it to urself...

My other moniker is BeClever, check my Christmas write-ups on NL and see how I toured round the world with my family for holiday... I could never live there for any reason except if Nigeria burns.

NB: you and I are not mates...

People commits crimes allover the world, so it's not only Nigerians..

I don't blame you, since it was your God who said you are a criminal and you accepted, why waste my time on you...

#IAmANigeriaNotACriminal

well said, HIS GOD HAS ALREADY CALLED HIM A CRIMINAL. SO BE IT.
I really like was so disappointed by his comment.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by discusant: 5:27am On Feb 07, 2016
AbaGuyMan:

Its seems he commits the most oral blunders when he's in the white man's land, he may just stop travelling or better still keep mute if he has nothing good to say about Nigeria whenever he's abroad.

Sign of inferiority complex - that's what President Buhari exhibits when he goes abroad and makes these ugly statements about his country-people..
Imagine a US president going abroad and making this type of statement about American people. That president may be impeached.

Between the 1960s and 2011, Buhari's clanspeople and OBJ that led Nigeria must have received more than $800 billion from oil revenues. But in Nigeria, no adequate electricity, water, roads, rail lines etc. Who are the real criminals?

Well, Buhari and his clan are in power, so they have the power of propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by JayJustus(m): 5:28am On Feb 07, 2016
this was very foolish of him to say...I dont give a f.uck...
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Tinyemeka(m): 5:29am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Keep quiet there. What do you know? Where have you been? The bitter truth is,Nigeria has a bad image in many western countries.
My guy park well.

If you are a criminal, stop trying to foist that image on others. Keep your views to yourself.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by joyrealestates(f): 5:32am On Feb 07, 2016
this statement is hurting
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by discusant: 5:34am On Feb 07, 2016
freshvine:
He said that in London and the only two cases of terrorism we heard from that end were committed by 2 young Muslim men from the West of Nigeria.

Then there was this hausa boy who also tried to blow up American passenger airline

Oh no! Boko haram has been projecting the good image of Nigeria internationally.

Chei I forgot that Donald Trump said education Nigerians have taken over the United States workforce when the should've been in Nigeria and allow quota system kill their career!

OH boy, even the repatriation of foreign earnings to boost the economy? This our dynamic president is indeed short sighted!

Lol
In Nigeria of today, Buhari's APC clan have the instruments of propaganda of falsehood. They are enjoying the fun.

But problem is that the man is helping in huge measures to kill the country with his utterances laced with bile. We dee kampe, according to OBJ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Peter Obi In A Group Photo With His Classmates In 1977 / 15 Areas Nigeria Is Better Than America- Mrrights / "I Wept Because Of Buhari's Health" - Bisi Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.