Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (58569 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Ebukaobi: 11:47am On Feb 07, 2016
Every dick and Harry thinks he got an opinion

His statement is indirectly aimed at nigerians risking their lives to cross the Mediterranean and claiming asylum in the EU

Men in their 40s with 4 children claim asylum in the UK claiming to be gay

55 year old nigerian women in their menopause are claiming asylum because they are afraid of FGM lolzzzz

Black nigerian men with thick Igbo accent claim that they are from Syria

Buharis statement is just a reinforcement of Obasanjo's policy to oppose fake refugee claims by nigerians abroad

A lot of people writing long essays, pls has anyone bothered to read his speech??

AbaGuyMan:

Thank you my brother!
You don't speak carelessly as a president. You mind what you say and always paint your country in a good light, no matter what!

5 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2016
dokiOloye:
one of Ur suicide bomber brothers is worse than 10,000 drug traffickers.
At least,nobody forces d other to take drugs.
Guy go and sort yourself out with biko. You sound frustrated and hungry.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dokiOloye(m): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Guy go and sort yourself out with biko. You sound frustrated and hungry.
Abokki de call som1 hungry??
Is hunger and deprivation not in Ur DNA?

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

@ bold - I'm not disputing. Actually, I was probably the first person to posit on this forum that the average Nigerian is criminal minded and he/she thrives on cutting corners. I'd get a lot of flack for that.

However, in this context, you just can't say that openly as the leader of a country. With what he said, he has given the UK the lee-way to start treating Nigerians a certain way and no one would be able to question that cos the president of Nigeria created the avenue for it with his loose talks. That's basically the point I'm trying to make.

Let me digress a bit: how come no one has a problem with all the misguided soundbites from everything Buhari said yesterday, from this one, to what he said about his personal doctors being in the UK, to his claims that there's no evidence to prosecute Diezani despite all the noise from his government and Sanusi, to his excuse about being the president at the wrong time? Isn't his honeymoon over? Why are folks giving him a pass, despite his lack of achievements since he took over?

Then when you look at his travels and the foreign policy of his government - you would see how much of a failure he has been thus far. He travelled to Iran, came back, and decided to get entangled with the shiites, thus making his travel to Iran a wasteful thing. Then decided to join an unnecessary coalition with Saudi Arabia and Qatar to fight an ISIS both countries created and funded. The Syrian war is about to take a new twist after the combined forces of Russia, Syria, Iran, Shiites, and Hezbollah encircled Aleppo a few days ago and there might be a showdown between those on the Russian bloc vs. those on the US/Saudi/Turkey bloc. So since Nigeria is in coalition with the latter - is he also going to send Nigerian troops there at the mercy of Russian bombs and their special forces? Why's Nigeria involved in something that has absolutely nothing to do with Nigeria?
I get ur point! I like Buahri as a person but am not a gullibly bigoted fan of his! I denounced him when he erred about d 97% and 5% vote issue! However, we must knw that he is not a perfect being! And I do feel that he does deserves time! About the other issues u raised, am 100% sure that considering d current financial mess we re in, Nigeria is not going to make any monetary contribution to that coalition. 2nd am also 100%sure we re not sending our troops out to that dangerous and perilous battle ground! But we might cooperate with them in d area of sharing intelligence! Thanks!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:

Don't mind the olodos. I'm still struggling with some of them on twitter
Lol... Thank you jare. Don't mind them,they can't do shi*t. angry

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Ebukaobi: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2016
The most disappointing part is that most of them did not read his speech

They are just going by the headline NL gave the story

sameer1212:
Lol... Thank you jare. Don't mind them,they can't do shi*t. angry

4 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
AbaGuyMan:

You were making a little sense, before you brought up ethnicity. I can't waste my time on you!
See how tribe deprives one of comprehension! Sori to disappoint u! The ibo guy is actually a good person who really wanted to make it under a fair clime! I never said he participated in any form of debauchery!He was only narating to me what our pple did over there! My ibo friends re many since I was born and raised in d SS! Thank u!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ZombieNation: 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
ZombieNation:
The Christians in the north east who are facing the full brunt of Boko Haram and whose suffering is a mere "embarrassment " to Buhari's gov and claims of technical victory, deserve refuge in a foreign country since Buhari is not ready, willing or capable of protecting them.

The entire Christians in Chibok whose sufferings and pleas for help in reuniting with their lost daughters deserve asylum in a country that will protect them.

The Christians in the middle belt facing daily attacks by Fulani muslims deserve asylum from Buhari's kins men.

Dr. John Dan Fulani qualifies for asylum for being persecuted in a criminal case over statements he posted on social media condemning Buhari's blind fanatic supporters.

The Shiite population who are hounded and massacred by the Nigeria govt over their religious persuasion need to seek refuge in a country that will guarantee their freedom to practice and observe their religion without fear of discrimination and persecution.

The pro Biafran separatists whose rights to peaceful agitation is guaranteed by a UN resolution deserves asylum from Buhari's cold blooded murderous regime.

Political opponents and critics of Buhari's tyrannical and despotic regime are qualified to apply for asylum in the light of Buhari's tyranny.

Niger Delta resource activists protesting the unfair exploitation of their resources at the expense of their environment need seek asylum from Buhari's tyranny for fear that they will be labelled criminals and their communities pillaged by the Nigeria security forces on the orders of the despot himself are qualified to seek asylum fro th tyrant.

So Buhari, we all qualify for asylum from you tyranny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by arresa: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
Obviously, what the president said shouldn't bother you if you are not a criminal.

All the jokers crying and yelling are suffering from guilty conscience because they know all about their own criminal tendencies...
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by BushidoBlue(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
blackjack21:

Mr. President was quite blunty. I find his statement very patriotic and, it shows that he truly believe in one Nigeria.

it true that; Not all Nigerians are drug dealers, kidnappers or swindlers.
Mr. president could have been more specific but, that would make him a bigot, instead he said "Nigerians".

As proudly a 95% grin , I agree that I'm a criminal (of course figuratively grin ), and will advise us that; we can't deny our problems or wish them away because, they will never leave, they will keep on haunting us. We have to own them first, put all hands on deck and solve them collectively.

Mungu ibariki Afrika.
Mangu ibariki Nigeria .

proudly 95%.

You and the president have been dividing the nation with the 95% statement.
Instead of going ahead to break barriers you are creating more barriers and disunity....

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by plaetton: 12:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ebukaobi:

His statement is indirectly aimed at nigerians risking their lives to cross the Mediterranean and claiming asylum in the EU

55 year old nigerian women in their menopause are claiming asylum because they are afraid of FGM lolzzzz

Buharis statement is just a reinforcement of Obasanjo's policy to oppose fake refugee claims by nigerians abroad

A lot of people writing long essays, pls has anyone bothered to read his speech??

The point is ,sir, that when it comes to crime, False immigration or refugee claims, every nation is equally represented. It is not peculiar to Nigerians.

A Nigerian president is supposed to, just like our adage says, to defend his children from the hawks, from shame and ridicule in public first, then he can caution his children privately as a loving parent.

Buhari obviously doesn't see all Nigerians as his children and wards. For him, it's Always a " them them and we we ".
He obviously despises the people he is supposedly serving.

The Funny irony is thing that shortly after Buhari and his gang of pirates mutinied and overthrew a Democratic government in 1983, Nigeria began to witness the biggest mass migration out of this country in our history.

Nigeria is too ethnically, culturally and religiously dynamic and complex for a medieval feudal oligarch like Buhari.
He just doesn't get it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Wish you started your comment in a better way. And again, your 'opinion' must not be riddled with ethnic bigotry to be understood.

All the stuffs you mentioned above are committed by ONLY Nigerians? If your answer to that question is a 'No', then when have you seen the presidents of those countries going to Britain to condemn their citizens??

I trust British press, they will make a mountain out of this statement by your PMB.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by JhyMedex: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Keep quiet there. What do you know? Where have you been? The bitter truth is,Nigeria has a bad image in many western countries.
so dt us y hw shld put up dt disgusting banner of Nigerians in jail in foreign countries...
So nw if u r an SUG president u wld say negative stuff abt ur skul at a public fxn...?

Receive Sense
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 12:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
plaetton:

The point is ,sir, that when it comes to crime, False immigration or refugee claims, every nation is equally represented. It is not peculiar to Nigerians.

A Nigerian president is supposed to, just like our adage says, to defend his children from the hawks, from shame and ridicule in public first, then he can caution his children privately as a loving parent.

Buhari obviously doesn't see all Nigerians as his children and wards. For him, it's Always a " them them and we we ".

The Funny irony is thing that shortly after Buhari and his gang of pirates mutinied and overthrew a Democratic government in 1983, Nigeria began to witness the biggest mass migration out of this country in our history.

Nigeria is too ethnically, culturally and religiously dynamic and complex for a medieval feudal oligarch like Buhari.
He just doesn't get it.

You see my point!....Another honest Nigerian with common sense.

God bless you bro!!

3 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by chudyboy05(m): 12:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
#IamnotaNigerian# #IamaBiafran
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
See how tribe deprives one of comprehension! Sori to disappoint u! The ibo guy is actually a good person who really wanted to make it under a fair clime! I never said he participated in any form of debauchery!He was only narating to me what our pple did over there! My ibo friends re many since I was born and raised in d SS! Thank u!

It's "Igbo" not "Ibo". We are not talking about where you were born and raised.

Live true to your sobriquet!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by foriz4u(m): 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
LastProphet:

does your neighbor already know your child is a thief? if your neighbors already know that then you have a chance of being taken seriously if you don't insult their intelligence by saying your child is a saint. there is nothing buhari has said that isn't already public knowledge in the UK. its like asking Putin to deny that Russian mobsters exist, only a silly set of people with flat skulls from one part of Nigeria expect that to make sense
is every American good and corrupt free? don't they have the cases of rubbery, rape, serial killings, lebs&gays, drug barons n drug pushers all over the state? did u ever hear it frm d mouth of Kerry, Hilary or others when they came visiting that their citizens r this n that?
APCist! u will never stand up for d truth. posterity will catch up with u all soon
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by sheyoroniyen(m): 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Whenever u elect a NEPA Bill Holder as ur president, just be rest assured that u're doomed internally & internationally..

Buhary is a certified tear-leader Dullard

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal
#trash
he is a nepa bill holder buh he is rulling u dah u r a phd holder(dah even if u r one yet undecided) he said d fact n moreover d criminals he is tlkin abt knows dem sef
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by foriz4u(m): 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
abbey621:

What you've just described is completely different from the situation! A better analogy would have been: If you had a black child in a white neighborhood and there's been a high case of robberies and even murders by black kids or teens in the neighborhood and your black child complained about being looked at or treated badly in the neighborhood, would you tell your child the truth that some black kids in the neighborhood have given him and other black kids a bad reputation or would you try to pretend and say it's not you my child, the neighborhood is just plain stupid, racist and have no reason to be worried?

Let's call a spade a spade, you don't go to another man's country and start complaining of being treated badly to your president. It's either you cope or come back to your country!

I am greatly astonished at ur racial analogy and view. I make no sense to me.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dokiOloye(m): 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
I am not responsible for your parents to be wretch and useless in life. Go sort your self out. Thank me later.

Anyway,My little daughter can help you with food cause you look hungry. Check my DP and thank her first. Cheers!
lol,abokki,I am sure I can feed U wt my cigarette money,I can swear on that.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by sheyoroniyen(m): 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:
Many dont know the import of that statement. It'll negatively affect your ability to get jobs & opportunity abroad #IAmANigerianNotACriminal

Mr. Foreign investor, please come invest in my country. Oh and by the way, my people have a reputation for crime #IAmANigerianNotACriminal ---BenBruce

When you listen to an American president talking about America abroad you won't know it's one of the most dysfunctional society on earth. ---BenBruce

#IAmANigeriaNotACriminal

If you believe hit like..
hehehehe benbruce for president. jus becos e ws against d truth spoken by buhari .no matter wah d president ave said we r meant to prove him wrong n i dnt even see dah coming either cos sum nigerian will continue destory d country's image abroad
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by peedeeasobie(m): 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Keep quiet there. What do you know? Where have you been? The bitter truth is,Nigeria has a bad image in many western countries.

you are the person with the bad image... he must be speaking the truth then.

Otherwise tell me a country whose citizens are 100% perfect outside their shores.
For a president to go outside and start castigating his own citizens no matter how bad they may be.... he's simply explaining his failure!

If a father goes outside to rubbish his family, do you see the man as responsible?

people like you will support the unsupportable
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Ebukaobi: 12:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
plaetton:

He just doesn't get it.

Your hatred and disdain for PMB is crystal clear. You are entitled to it

Did you read his speech? Tell us the specific parts of the speech that formed your negative opinion of him

Obasanjo and Jonathan said similar things when they visited the UK. It is part of Nigerian foreign policy to discourage false asylum claims

Yes other nations use false claims but no where as much as Nigerians

Go and read the speech and stop hating bro. He will rule this country for the next 7 years and there is nothing you can do about it

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by sheyoroniyen(m): 12:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
the onli truthful leader nigeria has.always sayin d fact as it is. no packaging

nigeria cant grow any sooner cos we dnt want d truth
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Ebukaobi: 12:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
AbaGuyMan:

Wish you started your comment in a better way. And again, your 'opinion' must not be riddled with ethnic bigotry to be understood.

All the stuffs you mentioned above are committed by ONLY Nigerians? If your answer to that question is a 'No', then when have you seen the presidents of those countries going to Britain to condemn their citizens??

I trust British press, they will make a mountain out of this statement by your PMB.

Bro I have noticed that you are very very defensive

Get rid of that chip on your shoulder and stop assuming everyone is after the Igbos

Why will the British condemn their citizens when they have an institution that limits the excesses of human behavior. You claim to live in the UK, I am sure you are fully aware that UK politicians can not get away with a hundredth of what Nigerian politicians get away with

Your comparison is a bit off. The UK has centuries of ethos and they have built an institution that will not permit mass unlawful behavior

Obasanjo and Jonathan went to the UK during their tenure and said the same as Buhari- it is part of the Nigerian foreign policy

Obasanjo's statement was even worse. He advised the UK govt to deport all Nigerian asylum claimants

Have you read the speech? Point out the exact parts that you disagree with

3 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by TolaniLuv: 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
I, personally I am not so surprised at all! I didn't even vote for him .

Buhari is a Goat This is so obvious. And he's kind of president who will never think or ask for advise before saying rubish like he just did! Not just that he's a Goat he thinks like a Cow too.

Illiteracy is a disease

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Topeakintola: 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
TolaniLuv:
I, personally I am not so suprised at all! I didn't even vote for him .

Buhari is a Goat This is so obvious. And he's kind of president who will never think or ask for advise before saying rubish like he just did! Not just that he's a Goat he thinks like a Cow too.

Illiteracy is a disease

Is it the illiterate that is stopping you from having a nose job?

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Litmus: 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
Below is how an American Housewife described her child in a documentary I watched. In the documentary, the child was selfish, sneaky, pertulant and otherwise fit for the example of the consequences of poor parenting. However, none of the people on the show regorgnised these faults, especially the mother who looked on her daughter with glowing pride and, one feels, as though the world should observe and learn from this the greatness of American life and superior parenting.

Here it is. Throughout the show, the mother referred to her daughter as territorial and not spolit, selfish brat.

The mother was not alone, it seems that in America it has become a fashion in some quaters to reclassify negativity. Actually, the West has always done this, which is why some Nigerians horrify me for so stupidly labeling themselves with the same tools and language employed by
The outside world who invented those tools and language simply for your subjugation.

Nigerians are not crooks, Nigerians are smart hustlers, OK. wink
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Topeakintola: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Litmus:
Below is how an American Housewife described her child in a documentary I watched. In the documentary, the child was selfish, sneaky, pertulant and otherwise fit for the example of the consequences of poor parenting. However, none of the people on the show regorgnised these faults, especially the mother who looked on her daughter with glowing pride and, one feels, as though the world should observe and learn from this the greatness of American life and superior parenting.

Here it is. Throughout the show, the mother referred to her daughter as territorial and not spolit, selfish brat.

The mother was not alone, it seems that in America it has become a fashion in some quaters to reclassify negativity. Actually, the West has always done this, which is why some Nigerians horrify me for so stupidly labeling themselves with the same tools and language employed by
The outside world who invented those tools and language simply for your subjugation.

Superior parenting that makes their cities the most violent in the world

Superior parenting that has led to increase in gun crimes

we don hear u

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Summarises Buhari's 5 Years In Office With A Proverb / Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) / Asari Dokubo Disassociates Self From Tweet Attributed To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.