Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (58560 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 07, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I luv PMB for d fact that he does not lie! Wait until 2019 when u shall again vote in a liar!
Buhari does not lie? ? im be God??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dragonking2: 12:23am On Feb 07, 2016
Mamatee07:
so who are the criminals everyone claims not to be criminals yet Nigerians are getting caught for different crimes all over the world everyday. Instead of getting hurt and making noise on twitter about getting called criminals how about we put that energy into changing our Image all over the world. Buhari simply said what majority of the world thinks of us
Are you a criminal? Simply answer with a Yes or No.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Elobyte: 12:27am On Feb 07, 2016
I am just short of words o, Buhari should b impeached now before he ends up destroyin completely d tireless work of our foundin fathers

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by kenny987(f): 12:28am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Don't know any of his family member jailed anywhere around the world. If what Mr president said pain you,Tell your brothers to stay away from drug trafficking. Thank you.

Not surprised at all... You failed to comprehend a post, u were helped out and here u are falling all over urself just to support the utterances of a person who sells his people short at every given opportunity. Where else does that happen? U may need to extend same advice to urself and members of your family.

Thank you!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dragonking2: 12:32am On Feb 07, 2016
mikolo80:
why should you be looking for opportunity abroad when plenty are at home. instead you're all looking for ready made country instead of building our own
Why is your President going abroad for medical treatment when we have hospitals here...Is he not also looking for already made instead of developing his own?

6 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by InvertedHammer: 12:32am On Feb 07, 2016
/
Buhari got it wrong!

Nigerians are not necessarily criminals; they are criminal-minded.

The few good ones are only waiting for the right opportunity to join the rest.

Just like the Chinese proverb succinctly put it, "don't assume that one is upright because he has never had the opportunity to steal"

In my book, every Nigerian is a suspect until proven otherwise.
/
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by flokii: 12:35am On Feb 07, 2016
dragonking2:
Are you a criminal? Simply answer with a Yes or No.

hmmn.. well m not, and I don't plan to be

doesn't mean you can't be.. are you?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dragonking2: 12:35am On Feb 07, 2016
blackjack21:

Mr. President was quite blunty. I find his statement very patriotic and, it shows that he truly believe in one Nigeria.

it true that; Not all Nigerians are drug dealers, kidnappers or swindlers.
Mr. president could have been more specific but, that would make him a bigot, instead he said "Nigerians".

As proudly a 95% grin , I agree that I'm a criminal (of course figuratively grin ), and will advise us that; we can't deny our problems or wish them away because, they will never leave, they will keep on haunting us. We have to own them first, put all hands on deck and solve them collectively.

Mungu ibariki Afrika.
Mangu ibariki Nigeria .

proudly 95%.
When you seek visa abroad, ensure that you tell them that you are a criminal or else God will punish you for lies and deceit.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dragonking2: 12:36am On Feb 07, 2016
flokii:

hmmn.. well m not, and I don't plan to be

doesn't mean you can't be.. are you?
Your master has tagged you a criminal in the international eye and you said he is saying the truth, so how come you now claim not to be a criminal?This show that you are talking from both side of the mouth.

3 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by arresa: 12:37am On Feb 07, 2016
I don't fly first class...

This clown reminds me of the orator of stealing is not corruption... grin

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by bayinq25(m): 12:38am On Feb 07, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Whenever u elect a NEPA Bill Holder as ur president, just be rest assured that u're doomed internally & internationally..

Buhary is a certified tear-leader Dullard

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal
But we had a PhD holder who looted our treasury,no be by certificate jhor APC and PDP members are all criminals jhor
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by flokii: 12:40am On Feb 07, 2016
dragonking2:
Your master has tagged you a criminal in the international eye and you said he is saying the truth, so how come you now claim not to be a criminal?

dnt misquote d man o..

he said most... not.all

isn't he also a Nigerian... or did he call himself a criminal too?

you IPOB guys won't turn this country upside down o... evry little thing una go sha expand

too bad
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:42am On Feb 07, 2016
crixtex:

Buhari does not lie? ? im be God??
my brother there are some pple who, as a mata of principle, don't lie! I, personally don't lie in my conscious state! Thanks
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by richeso: 12:45am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
No mind them. Don't tell me you don't know people complaining All these kids you see ranting on social media has not ever step out of their village talk less of what's going on out side Nigeria. The president spoke the bitter truth. They should stop doing drug trafficking,human trafficking and other silly things that bring shame to the country simple.

God bless Nigeria

as much say i no wwant quote you but i can't hold it.. are you just stupid at a time or generally stupid ?

shey all nigerians na criminal ? u no get sense ni ? everything wey dey happen for 9ja dey happen for all country and incase you no know all the top countries even USA has worst cases but their president will rather work on fixing things than talking like a coward.

criminal like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dragonking2: 12:46am On Feb 07, 2016
flokii:

dnt misquote d man o..

he said most... not.all

isn't he also a Nigerian... or did he call himself a criminal too?

you IPOB guys won't turn this country upside down o... evry little thing una go sha expand

too bad
First of all, you are a tribal bigot...I am not Igbo...you think it is everybody that is against the dullard that is Igbo? To the topic, he said Nigerians, meaning you and I...So since you support his comment, then you are nothing but a criminal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 12:49am On Feb 07, 2016
dragonking2:
Why is your President going abroad for medical treatment when we have hospitals here...Is he not also looking for already made instead of developing his own?
touche but you/we all bleeped it up he can't be expected to fix it in 7 months, let's be realistic. or you rather our substandard hospitals (not doctors however) killed him. and difference is the effort ppl put to going abroad for 60 years could fix Nigeria even without govt support,just private sector but no, everybody wan jand . I pray to hustle transport moni and get back into the fight. this place na just hype and very well packaged semi slavery
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Some Nigerians are mental slaves.... Do we do drugs to the level of the Mexicans, do we do international terrorism to the level of Iran/Iraq, do we do credit/debit card fraud like Americans? Do we shoot people because they don't agree with our sentiments, are we racist, Are we the majority in prostitution, does their president come out to condemn them?

Because you support or voted for Buhari does not mean you should support him even when he is wrong...

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dragonking2: 12:52am On Feb 07, 2016
mikolo80:
touche but you/we all bleeped it up he can't be expected to fix it in 7 months, let's be realistic. or you rather our substandard hospitals (not doctors however) killed him.
If we have substandard hospitals, why doesn't he fix it?..Honestly, your blind support is making you shoot yourself in the foot.

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by flokii: 12:53am On Feb 07, 2016
dragonking2:
First of all, you are a tribal bigot...I am not Igbo...you think it is everybody that is against the dullard that is Igbo? To the topic, he said Nigerians, meaning you and I...So since you support his comment, then you are nothing but a criminal.

how do you know for sure..

from madia reports or you were there live or you watched d clip... which one

tho. m not saying what he did was 100% right... buh that doesn't make it entirely false either
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:02am On Feb 07, 2016
dragonking2:
If we have substandard hospitals, why doesn't he fix it?..Honestly, your blind support is making you shoot yourself in the foot.
in a rush to win argument that none of us is getting paid for you missed the 'in 7 months' part. who's the blind supporter shooting feet now.? I mean do you seriously prefer pdp?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Shymm3x: 1:06am On Feb 07, 2016
abbey621:

Once again you still don't get it. Buhari is not a cosmetic president, everything about him is shockingly blunt! If you are going to leave the context out and just focus on what he said then it's never going to make sense. You claimed the president is lumping all those abroad with criminals, this is a flat out lie! He only mentioned that it would be hard for Nigerians to be treated fairly when our reputation crashed from the actions of Nigerians abroad committing criminal acts. I've been working abroad for quite some time now and I deal on a daily basis with different types of people and trust me Nigerians are more famous for 419 scams than education or innovation. The president just gave them an option,if they can't deal with poor treatment abroad then they should come back home and develop their country. I'm sorry you feel like the president is a dud, I completely disagree with you on that! I believe the right choice was made by Nigerians and I would rather have a Buhari that seems cold and blunt on the international scene than a government where stealing is not corruption!

You sound like you live in naij. So I kind of understand ya mentality and angle. And I believe a lot of you are still dealing with the residual effects of living under the military rule for a long time, or perhaps it's cos of the chaos in naij and how aggressive most naij folks are (that's evident in the aggressive way most naij folks talk). However, the international scene is a different kettle of fish entirely, especially when you're in a position whereby you've to be diplomatic in ya approach to things and whatever you say represents the image of the country.

Even as erratic and eccentric as Muamar Gaddafi was - apart from always talking too much - he was never like this when discussing issues about his own people or black folks in general. Are a lot of naij folks out there unrepentant criminals soiling the name of the country? - absolutely yes. But there's a place and time to discuss certain issues. You can just open ya mouth as the president and start chatting shyte everywhere. Common courtesy should tell you that certain topics are best addressed behind closed doors or in private.

Okay, let's say all Nigerians abroad are criminals and he believes they all need to come back home. After blowing unnecessary hot air, thus disgracing himself and Nigeria in the process - has he got anything to offer them in Nigeria? If naij weren't a messed up country, would the criminals be eloping from naij in droves to survive in other countries? And how are criminals going to even go back "home", where nothing works, to build anything, other than continue their supposed criminal activities to survive?

Being stupidly blunt/cold won't fix anything. He has been there for months now, what has he achieved? He can't even create a decent budget. Then he has been running around giving excuses about being the president at the wrong time. And also the tripe he said today about the non-existence of evidence to prosecute Diezani. The man looks like a clown...he's GEJ 2.0. Nigeria is definitely cursed with bad leaders. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:19am On Feb 07, 2016
dragonking2:
www.nairaland.com/2915988/mob-attacks-nigerian-hyderabad-india
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:31am On Feb 07, 2016
paschu:

Are you for real? Or are you still dreaming? Have you ever seen or heard of a government that uses propaganda like this one? A government that invests more money in mass propaganda than it does n agriculture regardless of the looming economic crisis. When was the last time your buhari owned up to his gafes rather than blaming someone else? And you are here mouthing him as an honest man. Check it, his propaganda has seriously distorted your sense of value and perception.
yes we have. for part 16 years. he always owns up to his gaffes and stands by the ones that he meant. anything is better than another 4 years of pdp
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by babafirst(m): 1:31am On Feb 07, 2016
Elosky20:
am yet to see where he called all nigerians abroad criminals.
people trying to make a mountain from a mole hill.
Gbam.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:32am On Feb 07, 2016
foriz4u:

no sir,

pls ask urself this question and give urself a sincere answer.
if u ve a child who u know steals meat from d pot n u no its mostly common in every home, isn't it a stupid tin for u to go to ur neighbour's house and say "my child steals meat from d pot pls come help me cut off his Hans".

so you rather wait till he turn full Armed robber and rapistu
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:35am On Feb 07, 2016
luvinhubby:

Are Africans the only people in U.K?

By your post, you agree that even more developed countries have more criminals in U.K , yet their presidents do not go on foreign media to call them criminals.

Buhari is just pathetic.
UK criminals, UK country, UK, with Nigerian criminals make us all look bad. you prolly never been strip searched in airport is why you're supporting criminality
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by abbey621(m): 1:35am On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

You sound like you live in naij. So I kind of understand ya mentality and angle. And I believe a lot of you are still dealing with the residual effects of living under the military rule for a long time, or perhaps it's cos of the chaos in naij and how aggressive most naij folks are (that's evident in the aggressive way most naij folks talk). However, the international scene is a different kettle of fish entirely, especially when you're in a position whereby you've to be diplomatic in ya approach to things and whatever you say represents the image of the country.

Even as erratic and eccentric as Muamar Gaddafi was - apart from always talking too much - he was never like this when discussing issues about his own people or black folks in general. Are a lot of naij folks out unrepentant criminals soiling the name of the country? - absolutely yes. But there's a place and time to discuss certain issues. You can just open ya mouth as the president and start chatting shyte everywhere. Common courtesy should tell you that certain topics are best addressed behind closed doors or in private.

Okay, let's say all Nigerians abroad are criminals and he believes they all need to come back home. After blowing unnecessary hot air, thus disgracing himself and Nigeria in the process - has he got anything to offer them in Nigeria? [b]If naij weren't a messed up country, would the criminals be eloping from naij in droves to survive in other countries? [/b]And how are criminals going to even go back "home", where nothing works, to build anything, other than continue their supposed criminal activities to survive?

Being stupidly blunt/cold won't fix anything. He has been there for months now, what has he achieved? He can't even create a decent budget. Then he has been running around giving excuses about being the president at the wrong time. And also the tripe he said today about the non-existence of evidence to prosecute Diezani. The man looks like a clown...he's GEJ 2.0. Nigeria is definitely cursed with bad leaders. grin

How wrong could one person be? I'm just laughing at you cos your assumptions are making the little credibility your argument might have dwindle. Since you don't know me or know what I do for a living, I forgive you for your first blunder but the other blunders in your write-up is inexcusable! It's a pity you and others have decided to turn the president's statements into something else but it doesn't change the fact that Nigerians living abroad have nobody to blame but themselves! If they are not contented living in another man's land then let them come back home and rebuild, the ones living in Nigeria are not animals and they do not have two heads. As bad as it can be sometimes living in the U.S.,I still appreciate the good opportunities provided and always thankful for my achievements so far. Not everyone is meant to be successful abroad and you can't expect Buhari to support nagging and whining from frustrated souls abroad most of whom are victims of the evil committed by their fellow Nigerians abroad. You also mentioned if Nigeria was better most people wouldn't migrate but tell me this, is Nigeria the only country where suffering exists? The president has not done or said anything damaging, the only damage exists in your mind and the mind of those who can't handle honesty!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:42am On Feb 07, 2016
wisest10:
why should you be looking for opportunity abroad when plenty are at home. instead you're all looking for ready made country instead of building our own which oppurtunity is it d oppurtunity to roam about d street wit your certificate or is it d oppurtunity to receive #5000, or is d oppurtunity to witness d rise in cost of evriting, or is it d oppurtunity to pay #50 to deposit in d bank or is it d oppurtunity witness d rise in electricity tariff, if them come back see , we wey we dey house we go maginilize ourself, coz if criminals start operation who go wait.......#iamnotacriminal.....
farmland boku.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikolo80: 1:43am On Feb 07, 2016
grandstar:

What he did is professionally wrong.

Its not about saying the truth.

Its like broadcasting to people that your wife is a nasty cook. That should strictly be between you and your wife.
so telling lies is professional to you. no wonder our nation is in a mess
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Dallazday(m): 1:44am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
My problem with you and your likes is, you know nothing about western countries. Dude if you don't know,there are many Nigerians in western countries prisons. BTW,why am I even wasting my time with some who's life is full of sadness
shurrup! look for senses if u have none

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

People With Placards Beg Jonathan To Come Back In Police Presence In Sokoto / Photos From Outside Sani Abacha Stadium After Hitting Full Capacity For Atiku / Senator Shehu Sani Summarises Buhari's 5 Years In Office With A Proverb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.