Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,465 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:54 PM

This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED (27494 Views)

How NYSC Camp Changed My View Of The Northerners - Akeredolu Odunayo / Tell Us How NYSC Travel And Inside Your Various Camp Is Going? / How NYSC Changed My View Of The North. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by evergreen3301: 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
This is a Major Breakthrough in thought that will change your choice of state selection for NYSC. All PCM are concerned of which order to pick their most preferred state for it to be given. Well I have figured out how states are given to Corps Members.

First of all No NYSC human official will look at your registration, It is Automated by their system. So it does not matter where you live, the number of states you chose as visited. When Corps Members are being posted the machine automatically selects the PCM choice of state randomly in successive order. It will pick the first choice of the first applicant, then the second choice of the next, then the third choice of the next, the back again to the first choice.

In the case when PCM are given state outside of their three choice of state this is what happened, For example Femi chose Abuja, Lagos, Enugu then the machine selection fell to Lagos and at that point Lagos is already filled up, the machine will automatically choose another Western state i.e Oyo for that applicant. If it fell at Abuja for example and it’s already filled it will automatically choose another North Central State i.e Niger etc.

It is not about the first to register, the machine do rank PCM registration in Batches for example: The first 5000 members to register might complete the first batch (am not sure on the number though). After each batch the machine will distribute PCM’s randomly (as I have stated above). Let say for example Lagos Corpers are 2000, and out of the 2000, 700 are already filled up by runs, leaving just 1,300 spaces and hypothetically 4000 out of the 5000 chose lagos, and hypothetically the machine selected 2200 PCM to lagos only the first 1300 will be given lagos and the rest 900 will be given other states (as I explained above), then immediately Lagos will be taken off the selected state in the NYSC portal.
It does not matter if you register by 12am on the 8th or you register the next day if you are within the first batch (might well be more that 5k or might be way lesser) It will then be selected randomly probably the last person to fill up the batch will be first.

Back to the posting hypothetically if the machine fell on your choice lagos and it happened to be full it will move on to another western state i.e Ogun if it again happens to be full it will randomly post you to any state in any geo-political zone i.e North Central Benue.
So what you fill in the form does not in any way determine where you will be posted, you can choose any state as long as it’s in the portal. You have an equal chance to be poster to Abuja as Ekiti.
But if you are hell bent on serving in a particular state you can always runs it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Walexz02(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ok
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by beautycrush24(f): 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
evergreen3301:
This is a Major Breakthrough in thought that will change your choice of state selection for NYSC. All PCM are concerned of which order to pick their most preferred state for it to be given. Well I have figured out how states are given to Corps Members.

First of all No NYSC human official will look at your registration, It is Automated by their system. So it does not matter where you live, the number of states you chose as visited. When Corps Members are being posted the machine automatically selects the PCM choice of state randomly in successive order. It will pick the first choice of the first applicant, then the second choice of the next, then the third choice of the next, the back again to the first choice.

In the case when PCM are given state outside of their three choice of state this is what happened, For example Femi chose Abuja, Lagos, Enugu then the machine selection fell to Lagos and at that point Lagos is already filled up, the machine will automatically choose another Western state i.e Oyo for that applicant. If it fell at Abuja for example and it’s already filled it will automatically choose another North Central State i.e Niger etc.

It is not about the first to register, the machine do rank PCM registration in Batches for example: The first 5000 members to register might complete the first batch (am not sure on the number though). After each batch the machine will distribute PCM’s randomly (as I have stated above). Let say for example Lagos Corpers are 2000, and out of the 2000, 700 are already filled up by runs, leaving just 1,300 spaces and hypothetically 4000 out of the 5000 chose lagos, and hypothetically the machine selected 2200 PCM to lagos only the first 1300 will be given lagos and the rest 900 will be given other states (as I explained above), then immediately Lagos will be taken off the selected state in the NYSC portal.
It does not matter if you register by 12am on the 8th or you register the next day if you are within the first batch (might well be more that 5k or might be way lesser) It will then be selected randomly probably the last person to fill up the batch will be first.

Back to the posting hypothetically if the machine fell on your choice lagos and it happened to be full it will move on to another western state i.e Ogun if it again happens to be full it will randomly post you to any state in any geo-political zone i.e North Central Benue.
So what you fill in the form does not in any way determine where you will be posted, you can choose any state as long as it’s in the portal. You have an equal chance to be poster to Abuja as Ekiti.
But if you are hell bent on serving in a particular state you can always runs it.

#Uniben//3301

And u're sure of this because?
A.) You wrote d algorithm
B.) You designed the system
C.) You are a prophet
D.) All of the above
E.) None of the above

Please shade just 1 option and dont bother explaining your answer.

5 Likes

Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2016
Na lie lie end time lie...
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Op, what you've written makes some sense.
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
beautycrush24:

And u're sure of this because?
A.) You wrote d algorithm
B.) You designed the system
C.) You are a prophet
D.) All of the above
E.) None of the above

Please shade just 1 option and dont bother explaining your answer.
Are u scared cos u suspect he may be right?
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by xprimate(m): 11:08am On Oct 17, 2016
I have always been inquisitive as to how the posting algorithm works. I see some sense in your analysis only if we can see the source code. But most people say they got their 3rd choice.

1 Like

Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Chinweameachi: 5:15am On Oct 25, 2016
Nice analysis, is this system done with just the call up number? Or are names involved? Pls kindly reply
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by sseunth(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
hkhj
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Rojeta(f): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
Mine was benue kaduna, ogun and akwaibom. So do u think i wil b posted to?
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Emaytex(m): 4:04am On Nov 05, 2017
mine was kaduna, oyo, kwara and Abia, so among those states which one is likely to be given me to?
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by abdulsemiu02(m): 5:34am On Nov 05, 2017
What about the stream selection, how's it done?? @op
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Jaytee116: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
Then going by this algorithm and Assuming your call up number is incremental, i.e ascending, then the following formula can predict your state

let y = your callup number.
let x = 4 (total number of choices).
then your predicted choice = the remainder of (y/4). if there is no remainder, then your 4th choice is given ;

for example, y= 170085,and x = 4;

and i chose Abia,Plateau,Lagos,Edo

my predicted state would be 170085/4 which is 42521 remainder 1, therefore i would be given Abia state.
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Mrlouis: 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
Jaytee116:
Then going by this algorithm and Assuming your call up number is incremental, i.e ascending, then the following formula can predict your state

then your predicted choice = the remainder of (y/4). if there is no remainder, then your 4th choice is given ;

my predicted state would be 170085/4 which is 42521 remainder 1, therefore i would be given Abia state.

Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by abdulsemiu02(m): 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
Jaytee116:

with your formula, So one cannot be posted to 2nd or 3rd choice state? Bcs you only give condition for 1&4th choice. Oga park there

2 Likes

Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Jaytee116: 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
abdulsemiu02:
with your formula, So one cannot be posted to 2nd or 3rd choice state? Bcs you only give condition for 1&4th choice. Oga park there

Is like you were asleep in maths class

use your scientific calculator and do callUpNo Modulus 4

you would surley get a value between 0 and 3.

if u get 0, that means ur 4th choice would be given

1 Like

Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Yhemit(m): 3:07am On Nov 06, 2017
Jaytee116:

my own is even 5!
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Yhemit(m): 3:09am On Nov 06, 2017
Jaytee116:

Is like you were asleep in maths class
use your scientific calculator and do callUpNo Modulus 4
you would surley get a value between 0 and 3.
if u get 0, that means ur 4th choice would be given
boss do you know about the stream selection?
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Hormotorlah: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
Emaytex:
mine was kaduna, oyo, kwara and Abia,
so among those states which one is likely to be given me to?

Kaduna grin grin grin wink smiley
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2017
Re: This Is How NYSC Select Pcms State :REVEALED by Dclique(m): 2:08am On Nov 07, 2017
Don't deceive yourself. Its done randomly. Atleast most of it wink

You can discuss with fellow nysc 2017 batch B PCMs here https:///NYSCNigeriaUpdate

(1) (Reply)

Ortom Hosts Ex-corper, Sekav Isaac, Offers Him Automatic Employment (pics) / Nigerian Musicians That Served As Corpers? / Young Shall Grow Transport Dump Corpers At Park Leaving Them Stranded.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.