Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. (4950 Views)

Biafra:Dr.Chris Okafor Cautions Fg Over Kanu,ipob,Urges Prayer For Nigeria / Photos Of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa & His Family / Ifeanyi Okowa Establishes Advocacy Committee To Stop Militants’ Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
DR. IFEANYI ARTHUR OKOWA AND HIS DISJOINTED UNDERSTANDING OF THE GEOGRAPHY OF THE NATION OF BIAFRA.

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 during his first interactive session with journalist at the Government House in Asaba in Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa made the following statements; “Delta State has never been, and is not part of the South East. Biafra agitation, we criticize it. Anioma land as it is said, was part of Bendel State; we were part of the Mid-West State, we have not been part of the South East. So obviously, we cannot be said to be part of them (Biafra). We may speak a similar language, but we are not part of the South East. We were part of the Mid-West, now we are Deltans.”
Dr. Okowa, who is the current governor of Delta State, was just two days short of his 8th birthday when Yakubu Gowon-led Nigerian Armed Forces invaded Biafraland on July 6, 1967. But considering the fact he attended the famous Edo College in Benin City in the 1970’s, he should have learned a bit about the history of his own people and the Nigerian war of genocide against Biafra.
The statements of Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa indicate that he is either pretending not to know the history of his people or he is making such statements to please his Northern Nigeria friends and supporters. Is Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa saying that Biafra is all about the South East? If so, is he asserting that Capt. Anuku, Col. Mike Okwechime, Col. Joe Achuzia, Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu, Col. Conrad Nwawo, Col. Ben Nwajei, and other Biafrans from the present-day Delta State were recruited into the Biafran Military as mercenaries? Even the name “Anioma”, does that name sound like Oduduwa, Bini or Arewa to Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa? Furthermore, does the first name of Dr. Okowa which is “Ifeanyi” sound like a Hausa name?
Because Yakubu Gowon forced the people of current Delta State into alliance with the Binis and named them Mid-West, does that remove their Biafranness? Perhaps, we would like to remind Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa that in Delta State, there is a community called “Igbo bi na uzo” which is shortened as Igbouzo or anglicized as Ibusa, which is where Prof Pat Utomi comes from. As someone from Owa Kingdom, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa should know that his roots is to ancient Eri Kingdom and genealogically, he is from the Igbo-speaking area of the nation of Biafra.
May we ask Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa who was elected the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo on November 29, 2008?
Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa is deepening the identity crisis engendered on the so-called Niger Delta or “South-South” by the British and Northern Nigeria which has culminated in sowing seeds of discord, hatred, and mutual suspicion among fellow Biafrans. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa by his misguided utterances has shown disdain for God’s creation because he is mocking God’s efforts in making people of the same descent to speak the same language. It is laughable that Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa is behaving as if he will be the person to determine for all Biafrans, to be or not to be part of their God-given nation of Biafra. We therefore, advise Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa to desist from mocking and challenging God and His creation.
We are hereby educating Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa that Biafra’s footprints cover the entire South East and all of the so-called South-South with the exception of Edo State but with the inclusion of Igboakiri or Igbanke as is presently called. We further educate Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa that Biafra also includes Idoma land and Igala land. Finally, we advise Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa to concentrate on his primary function of lifting up the quality of lives of the Biafran people in the present-day Delta State while we steadily and successfully go through excision of Biafra from the British contraption called Nigeria.
The restoration of the Nation of Biafra is unstoppable, unquenchable, irrevocable, irreversible, and a continuum. We are not going to leave any Biafran behind and that includes the entire Delta State. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa should better shape up or ship out!

Signed:
Barrister Emma Nmezu & Dr. Clifford Chukwuemeka Iroanya
Spokespersons for Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB)

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
EZIOWU CHINEKE
I LOVE IPOB
IFEANYI is pure IGBO
i wonder what the okowa guy smoked before that media session
how can an IFEANYI from ANIOMA say he aint a biafran? the guy funny sha

6 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Ikpewe: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Rubbish post, one Nigeria na d ansa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
The man is as confused as buhari... But God will visit him after reading the writeup...

Nice one from IPOB.
Continue teaching them their history...

7 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2016

s Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa saying that Biafra is all about the South East? If so, is he asserting that Capt. Anuku, Col. Mike Okwechime, Col. Joe Achuzia, Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu, Col. Conrad Nwawo, Col. Ben Nwajei, and other Biafrans from the present-day Delta State were recruited into the Biafran Military as mercenaries? Even the name “Anioma”, does that name sound like Oduduwa, Bini or Arewa to Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa? Furthermore, does the first name of Dr. Okowa which is “Ifeanyi” sound like a Hausa name?

Unanswered questions.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by asha80(m): 11:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
TheOnlyWiseMan:

Unanswered questions.
ifeanyi simply meant Biafra of 1967 was about the then eastern region..present day anioma land then was in the Midwestern region..ojukwu declared the then eastern region Biafra with the consent of the eastern regional house of assembly..no way could he do that with the midwest that is the present day Edo and delta states since he was not the regional leader of midwest then..those anioma guys you mentioned joined Biafra out of their own volution

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by PhockPhockMan: 12:07am On Feb 07, 2016
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by oluwalfa: 12:33am On Feb 07, 2016
Why una dey waste una time on the utterances of a zoo governor?
zoo governor trying to please his masters by denying his brothers
Biafra is only limited to my compound, now go and die or call a referendum
Zoo people

3 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Longeria(m): 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
oluwalfa:
Zoo people

Meaning?
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Longeria(m): 5:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
asha80:
ifeanyi simply meant Biafra of 1967 was about the then eastern region..present day anioma land then was in the Midwestern region..ojukwu declared the then eastern region Biafra with the consent of the eastern regional house of assembly..no way could he do that with the midwest that is the present day Edo and delta states since he was not the regional leader of midwest then..those anioma guys you mentioned joined Biafra out of their own volution
Good to know.
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lol, nice.
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by daxlasaint(m): 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
TheOnlyWiseMan:
DR. IFEANYI ARTHUR OKOWA AND HIS DISJOINTED UNDERSTANDING OF THE GEOGRAPHY OF THE NATION OF BIAFRA.

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 during his first interactive session with journalist at the Government House in Asaba in Delta State, Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa made the following statements; “Delta State has never been, and is not part of the South East. Biafra agitation, we criticize it. Anioma land as it is said, was part of Bendel State; we were part of the Mid-West State, we have not been part of the South East. So obviously, we cannot be said to be part of them (Biafra). We may speak a similar language, but we are not part of the South East. We were part of the Mid-West, now we are Deltans.”
Dr. Okowa, who is the current governor of Delta State, was just two days short of his 8th birthday when Yakubu Gowon-led Nigerian Armed Forces invaded Biafraland on July 6, 1967. But considering the fact he attended the famous Edo College in Benin City in the 1970’s, he should have learned a bit about the history of his own people and the Nigerian war of genocide against Biafra.
The statements of Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa indicate that he is either pretending not to know the history of his people or he is making such statements to please his Northern Nigeria friends and supporters. Is Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa saying that Biafra is all about the South East? If so, is he asserting that Capt. Anuku, Col. Mike Okwechime, Col. Joe Achuzia, Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu, Col. Conrad Nwawo, Col. Ben Nwajei, and other Biafrans from the present-day Delta State were recruited into the Biafran Military as mercenaries? Even the name “Anioma”, does that name sound like Oduduwa, Bini or Arewa to Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa? Furthermore, does the first name of Dr. Okowa which is “Ifeanyi” sound like a Hausa name?
Because Yakubu Gowon forced the people of current Delta State into alliance with the Binis and named them Mid-West, does that remove their Biafranness? Perhaps, we would like to remind Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa that in Delta State, there is a community called “Igbo bi na uzo” which is shortened as Igbouzo or anglicized as Ibusa, which is where Prof Pat Utomi comes from. As someone from Owa Kingdom, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa should know that his roots is to ancient Eri Kingdom and genealogically, he is from the Igbo-speaking area of the nation of Biafra.
May we ask Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa who was elected the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo on November 29, 2008?
Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa is deepening the identity crisis engendered on the so-called Niger Delta or “South-South” by the British and Northern Nigeria which has culminated in sowing seeds of discord, hatred, and mutual suspicion among fellow Biafrans. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa by his misguided utterances has shown disdain for God’s creation because he is mocking God’s efforts in making people of the same descent to speak the same language. It is laughable that Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa is behaving as if he will be the person to determine for all Biafrans, to be or not to be part of their God-given nation of Biafra. We therefore, advise Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa to desist from mocking and challenging God and His creation.
We are hereby educating Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa that Biafra’s footprints cover the entire South East and all of the so-called South-South with the exception of Edo State but with the inclusion of Igboakiri or Igbanke as is presently called. We further educate Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa that Biafra also includes Idoma land and Igala land. Finally, we advise Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa to concentrate on his primary function of lifting up the quality of lives of the Biafran people in the present-day Delta State while we steadily and successfully go through excision of Biafra from the British contraption called Nigeria.
The restoration of the Nation of Biafra is unstoppable, unquenchable, irrevocable, irreversible, and a continuum. We are not going to leave any Biafran behind and that includes the entire Delta State. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa should better shape up or ship out!

Signed:
Barrister Emma Nmezu & Dr. Clifford Chukwuemeka Iroanya
Spokespersons for Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB)

So as an Urhobo man from Delta state you are telling me am gonna have to become a biafran whether i want to or not? Or are you gonna give me immigrant status to stay in my own ancestral land? Is forcing people of other ethnicity into your agitation not the exact same thing you hold as your beef against the british? Well till such a time as when and if ever biafra becomes a reality let me hold my peace but i know if the day ever comes not an inch of non igbo ancestral land will be ceded to biafrans and am very sure this sentiment is not individual to me alone.

Cc: freemanan. My brother come see rubbish o!

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by babyfaceafrica: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
daxlasaint:

So as an Urhobo man from Delta state you are telling me am gonna have to become a biafran whether i want to or not? Or are you gonna give me immigrant status to stay in my own ancestral land? Is forcing people of other ethnicity into your agitation not the exact same thing you hold as your beef against the british? Well till such a time as when and if ever biafra becomes a reality let me hold my peace but i know if the day ever comes not an inch of non igbo ancestral land will be ceded to biafrans and am very sure this sentiment is not individual to me alone.

na IPOD..land grabbers den be ,no mind dem...no inch of SS shall be ceded

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
daxlasaint:

You know these people and their empty blabbing...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Trustgt(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
Everybody that his or her mother ties two wrappers is a biafran....IPOD Director.

Because a man in Benin or Togo republics speaks Yoruba language, he must be forced to be a Yoruba/Nigeria.

As you have rights for self determination, so also, everyman has the full rights to either joins or refuses biafran

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by omololu2020(m): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
oluwalfa:
Zoo people
okowa is a yoruba man

3 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by DerideGull(m): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by DerideGull(m): 12:05am On Feb 08, 2016
asha80:

Per the highlighted, the anioma guys joined Biafra because they were Igbo. Anyway, I never expected Okowa to say otherwise. Those in government hardly engage in revolution. However, he has been the only governor who publicly stated that IPOB and MASSOB have every right to indulge in civil protest.
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by DerideGull(m): 12:10am On Feb 08, 2016
daxlasaint:

The above response to a post indicated the level of the author's intellect. I can safely say it does not look good.
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by IgboDelta: 12:33am On Feb 08, 2016
Anioma is part of Biafra.
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Amberon: 12:50am On Feb 08, 2016
Oniovo, I'm urhobo too and I hate hearing this Biafra bull crap. Imagine our Igbo plumber came around the other day and he said that my entire family are Biafrans whether we like it or not undecided
daxlasaint:

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by ideykwum: 12:51am On Feb 08, 2016
asha80:

Read history!! You're so wrong!! The Anioma started Biafra... via Nzeogwu's act!!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by daxlasaint(m): 1:07am On Feb 08, 2016
DerideGull:

The above response to a post indicated the level of the author's intellect. I can safely say it does not look good.
Am not gonna give you the satisfaction of rebutting your poor attempt at sarcasm.... i have stated my opinion and whether you choose to scorn it or not is really non of my concern...

2 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by daxlasaint(m): 1:09am On Feb 08, 2016
ideykwum:

Read history!! You're so wrong!! The Anioma started Biafra... via Nzeogwu's act!!

Nzeogwu started biafra.... not the Aniomas... you cannot rope an entire people for the action of one son....

2 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by ideykwum: 1:11am On Feb 08, 2016
daxlasaint:

Nzeogwu started biafra.... not the Aniomas... you cannot rope an en
tire people for the action of one son....

Why rope in the whole Igbo made up several subgroups like the Anioma over Ojukwu's decision?
Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by daxlasaint(m): 1:14am On Feb 08, 2016
Amberon:
Oniovo, I'm urhobo too and I hate hearing this Biafra bull crap. Imagine our Igbo plumber came around the other day and he said that my entire family are Biafrans whether we like it or not undecided

My brother.... leave these people with their pipe dreams... as if the minorities in the south would just sit down and allow ourselves to be dragged into a nation where our lot is bound to be worse than it is right now.... fantasy!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by daxlasaint(m): 1:24am On Feb 08, 2016
ideykwum:

Why rope in the whole Igbo made up several subgroups like the Anioma over Ojukwu's decision?

Because Ojukwu made his seccession move after consultation with the igbo leaders of that time.... and his actions therefore Represented the collective will of the igbo pple

3 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by cheruv: 1:37am On Feb 08, 2016
daxlasaint:

Nzeogwu started biafra.... not the Aniomas... you cannot rope an entire people for the action of one son....
You no get yarns!!
If nzeogwu wasn't blinded by stupid patriotism, he'd not have staged the coup of Jan 66.
He made the mistake, and we Igbos stood by him kos he's Igbo like us...even his Anioma people weren't spared the carnage as they were slaughtered in their thousands by their Bini and urhobo neighbors.
Until Anioma is torn out from Delta state, we East bank Igbos would continue to speak for them. If you feel bad about it,support the creation of Anioma state!

1 Like

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by daxlasaint(m): 2:16am On Feb 08, 2016
cheruv:

You no get yarns!!
If nzeogwu wasn't blinded by stupid patriotism, he'd not have staged the coup of Jan 66.
He made the mistake, and we Igbos stood by him kos he's Igbo like us...even his Anioma people weren't spared the carnage as they were slaughtered in their thousands by their Bini and urhobo neighbors.
Until Anioma is torn out from Delta state, we East bank Igbos would continue to speak for them. If you feel bad about it,support the creation of Anioma state!

First off i support Nzeogwu's coup... for yrs that man was larger than life for me...

Secondly... the Asaba mass execution during the war was carried out under col Shuwa... a northerner... read up on your history before you fling accusations around

Thirdly... i have always supported the creation of Anioma state and if in the eventuality of the Igbos getting biaf, the Aniomas wish to join them then i dont see that as being an issue to us the Urhobos... all am saying is... DO Not presume to make the decision to split with you on our behalf... it goes against the very tenets of your agitations.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by ideykwum: 5:44am On Feb 08, 2016
daxlasaint:

Because Ojukwu made his seccession move after consultation with the igbo leaders of that time.... and his actions therefore Represented the collective will of the igbo pple

Even though I don't agree with this line of reasoning, the Anioma leaders were also included. Please read the accounts of the war.

1 Like

Re: Biafra ; Dr Ifeanyi Okowa’s Half Truth. by Mckennedy: 6:04am On Feb 08, 2016
daxlasaint:

Then why is Nzeogwu coup refers as an Igbo coup?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Order From Above: Why ISIS Told Shekau To Retire / Burutai wife own dubai property...revealed by sahara reporters. Picz / FG Opens 128 Bids, Saves $500m On Oil Products-dr Maikanti Baru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.