Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

What Bible Passage Do You Love Most - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Bible Passage Do You Love Most (1161 Views)

This Bible Passage Show Why Stephenie Otobo Flee To Canada / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree / What Bible Says About Women In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by highmood(m): 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Friends, though the holy bible is vast, but I believe there are some passages that makes you think deep and probably acknowledge the unseen God. If you agree with me, can we share just one of those passages and maybe say what inspires us about that passage.
For me, I love 2 kings 13:21 " one day some men were burying a man when they spotted a raiding party. So they threw the dead man into Elisha's tomb. When the body touched Elisha's bones, the dead man came to life and stood on his feet" .
This is one of my favorite bible passage, each time I read this, I think to myself, if the bone of a dead prophet could bring a dead man to life, what then should be said of the entire holy bible or the specific word of God through his prophets? Please kindly share yours, I just think it's a quick way of getting prayer points.
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by PlayerMeji: 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by highmood(m): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2016
PlayerMeji:
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...
Nice one, well known
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 07, 2016
Matthew 5:17-20

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by yaqq: 12:07am On Feb 07, 2016
am a muslim but my best passage is in corinthians where d bible stated dt God is d head of Jesus as Jesus is d head of man and d man d head of a woman,the. bible went further to elaborate on d need. for women to b quite in d church, dt they should asked any question tru their husband or brother's! same corinthians where he talked about women should cover their hair in d church but wat do we av 2day? opposite in most churches

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2016
Psalm 24 smiley

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 07, 2016
Actually I have 2

Jer. 32:27 ...Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me?

Eph. 3:20 ...Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us

3 Likes

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by umehmj(m): 12:17am On Feb 07, 2016
Philippians 4:13 King James Version (KJV) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by ichommy(m): 12:39am On Feb 07, 2016
wink

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Savigne(f): 1:06am On Feb 07, 2016
I dont think I have a favourite verse but I love these ones

1. Psalm 91;1..He that dwells in the secret place of the most high.....

2. Romans 8;28...For all things work together for the good.....

3. Ephesians 3;20...Now unto him that is able to do exceedingly....

4. Psalm 24;1....The earth is the Lord's and the fullnes thereof.....

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by ifenes(m): 1:21am On Feb 07, 2016
Songs of Solomon 4:5

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by firstking01(m): 5:35am On Feb 07, 2016
Have lotsa them, but this one is so unconditionaL...unconditionaL in the sense that...eventho God knew that in the later days man would stiLL disobey Him and be rebelious, He stiLL gave it to us free f charge...that's why He's God.

He blesses with no condition..
The passage is...genesis 8vs20...and as long as the earth remaineth, seed time and harvest time, cold and winter, night and day shaLL not cease....just becuse of the obedient of one man, we are noe beneficiaries uptiL todat....

Also, in genesis 14vs1 or so, God appeared to abraham and told Him, walk thou before me and be blameless....for i'm your exceedingly great rewaredcheesy....guys, una no know wetin that statement mean i guess..

Check out the life of abraham after that statement...

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Aviero: 6:43am On Feb 07, 2016
The Lord bless me and keep me. The Lord make his face to shine upon me and be gracious unto me. The Lord lift up his countenance upon me, and give me peace.

Numbers 6:24-26
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Flexherbal(m): 6:58am On Feb 07, 2016
John 3:16
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Rilwayne001: 7:06am On Feb 07, 2016
Ecclesiastes cool
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by reallest(f): 8:35am On Feb 07, 2016
Matthew 7:7
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Medunah: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Ecclesiastes cool
Uhn?? Are u a Christian?
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by highmood(m): 9:29am On Feb 07, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Actually I have 2

Jer. 32:27 ...Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me?

Eph. 3:20 ...Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us
I also love Jer. 32:27. with passion. But when I pray and pray and nothing has happened, my spirit wanes.
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by highmood(m): 9:36am On Feb 07, 2016
Lalastically please do the needful. Send this to the front page for people to post in thiers because today is Sunday. Thank you
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Rilwayne001: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2016
Medunah:

Uhn?? Are u a Christian?

Lool.. I am not a Christian, but I have the bible app on my phone and I do read atimes cool
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by oforij(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2016
When i'm studying james 1:5
when i'm about to sleep psalm 24,103,91
when i need motivation philipians 4:13,:19.
when i need counselling ecclessiates and proverbs
THERE IS ALWAYS A SCRIPTURE FOR EVERY SITUATION
THE BIBLE IS JUST AN AWESOME BOOK...OP SHEU U GO CHURCH TODAY SO?HAPI SUNDAY

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by oforij(m): 9:54am On Feb 07, 2016
When i'm studying james 1:5
when i'm about to sleep psalm 24,103,91
when i need motivation philipians 4:13,:19.
when i need counselling ecclessiates and proverbs
THERE IS ALWAYS A SCRIPTURE FOR EVERY SITUATION
THE BIBLE IS JUST AN AWESOME BOOK...OP SHEU U GO CHURCH TODAY SO?HAPI SUNDAY
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Medunah: 10:02am On Feb 07, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Lool.. I am not a Christian, but I have the bible app on my phone and I do read atimes cool
Oh cool
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 07, 2016
highmood:
I also love Jer. 32:27. with passion. But when I pray and pray and nothing has happened, my spirit wanes.
It is well brother. I have challenges too that I don't even know whr the starting point of the solution will be. But don't stop praising even if u stop praying. Its more of a verse of praise than prayer. God will see us thru

1 Like

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by yazach: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
The middle one is Annunaki because he is too arrogant
The one in the right must be truthman2012
The one in the left must be true2god

Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Amberon: 12:28am On Feb 08, 2016
Out of context. Paul wasnt referring to women in general.

Read about Annah. She was a prophetess. A woman greatly used by God, and did what no man could do then. Christianity isn't Islam where you are taught that women are only "sex symbols" and baby making machines.
yaqq:
am a muslim but my best passage is in corinthians where d bible stated dt God is d head of Jesus as Jesus is d head of man and d man d head of a woman,the. bible went further to elaborate on d need. for women to b quite in d church, dt they should asked any question tru their husband or brother's! same corinthians where he talked about women should cover their hair in d church but wat do we av 2day? opposite in most churches
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Amberon: 12:32am On Feb 08, 2016
O atheist, what is wrong with that verse? how is it a crime that a man professes his endless, undying, unconditional , unchanging, ineffable, infallible love for his wife while at the same time describing her assets??
ifenes:
Songs of Solomon 4:5
Re: What Bible Passage Do You Love Most by Amberon: 12:38am On Feb 08, 2016
I have several of them

Ephesians 3: 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think , according to the power that works in us ,

Also

Romans 8:
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life , nor angels nor principalities nor powers , nor things present nor things to come ,

39 nor height nor depth , nor any other created thing , shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group For Atheist / The Power Of The Human Thought / Check Out This Follower Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.