Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! (1281 Views)

Blood moon: see what may happen / Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by marcopollo(m): 6:21am On Feb 07, 2016
✞ I'm So Afraid to Die... I Am
Horrified of What May Happen!
Below is a small portion of a letter
written by a lady who was
horrified of the idea of death. I am
sure she is not alone!
She wrote:
"I went to a nursing home recently and I saw how lonely and old they all were. That's when I thought, how can they be so calm, knowing their days are numbered?"
A while ago, I asked God into my
life, but I'm just not sure about
what will happen when I do close
my eyes forever and I'm scared
because I don't know what will
happen. Will it hurt? How and
where will I die?"
What's it like? Does it feel good?
Where will I go after I die? That's
what scares me the most--what
will happen to me after I die?"
Throughout history, people have
refused to accept the finality that
death brings. Death brings an
unacceptable, sudden interruption
to one’s work, plans, and
relationships, family.
Though the inscription on many
tomb stones often reads "Rest in
Peace," the truth of the matter is
that most people do not welcome
the peaceful rest of the grave.
John 11:25-26
25. Jesus said unto her, I am the
resurrection, and the life: he that
*believeth in me*, though he were dead, yet *shall he live*:
26. And whosoever liveth and
*believeth in me* shall *never die.*
If you believe-[trust-in] in Jesus,
that he shed his blood, died and
rose from the grave to save you,
you will live with him after physical death forever. That really takes the sting out of death.
The lady that wrote the letter
stated "I asked God into my life." I
know she was most sincere and
also very concerned about the
afterlife but this is a very important subject and I must be honest with you.
According to the Bible "asking God
into your life" will NOT save you.
The Bible tells us 115 times we are saved by *believing* and 35 times it says by *faith*.
Believing means to "trust-in" and
not mere intellectual plausibility.
To receive salvation you must
*believe* Christ died on the cross
to pay your sin debt in full, was
buried and rose from the tomb for
your salvation. .
Please do it now so that your
eternity is secure.
➜ Please 'SHARE' for the lost on
Facebook or any other social media if you agree.

1 Like

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by Karlovich: 6:29am On Feb 07, 2016
Have u ever considered the possibility that there is no heaven or hell, and that if one dies he/she gets buried and that's the end of it. It is inevitable, just make use of every opportunity u get here to be a good person, achieve great things and live ur life
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by marcopollo(m): 6:43am On Feb 07, 2016
O yes, my dear, I've considered it and I'm fully persuaded that there will be resurrection of the dead. Bros you don't have anything to lose believing that Jesus died for your sins and he was buried and God raised him up from death to gift us eternal life (1 Corinthians 15.1-4). Any other thing in addition or subtraction you hear out there is man made. His resurrection is a proof of our own resurrection. Amen.
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by Flexherbal(m): 6:57am On Feb 07, 2016
If you do anything that can affect the lives of other people positively, then you will die fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by urheme: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2016
marcopollo:
O yes, my dear, I've considered it and I'm fully persuaded that there will be resurrection of the dead. Bros you don't have anything to lose believing that Jesus died for your sins and he was buried and God raised him up from death to gift us eternal life (1 Corinthians 15.1-4). Any other thing in addition or subtraction you hear out there is man made. His resurrection is a proof of our own resurrection. Amen.

And if God did not raise Jesus......you would't have been a christian....you want some one else to die for your sins? why don't u be responsible and die for your own sin. undecided

We are after death contributions to the earth, trees and grasses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by marcopollo(m): 7:21am On Feb 07, 2016
urheme:

And if God did not raise Jesus......you would't have been a christian....you want some one else to die for your sins? why don't u be responsible and die for your own sin. undecided

We are after death contributions to the earth, trees and grasses.
lol...funny submissions.... Thank you smiley But you see I'd rather accept help from Someone who's more than willing to help me especially when I know I can't help myself anyway. I'm not too proud to receive help. Moreover, you have nothing to lose receiving this one-of-a-kind help of massive proportions like Life Everlasting! *think about it....* rather you have everything to gain trusting that Jesus died for your sins, was buried and resurrected to gift you with eternal life (1 Cor 15.1-4). Jesus Christ was made sin, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Christ. It's a divine exchange (2 Cor 5.21). Believing for eternal doesn't cost a dime or work. Take it. Please. It's yours. God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by urheme: 8:40am On Feb 07, 2016
marcopollo:

lol...funny submissions.... Thank you smiley But you see I'd rather accept help from Someone who's more than willing to help me especially when I know I can't help myself anyway. I'm not too proud to receive help. Moreover, you have nothing to lose receiving this one-of-a-kind help of massive proportions like Life Everlasting! *think about it....* rather you have everything to gain trusting that Jesus died for your sins, was buried and resurrected to gift you with eternal life (1 Cor 15.1-4). Jesus Christ was made sin, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Christ. It's a divine exchange (2 Cor 5.21). Believing for eternal doesn't cost a dime or work. Take it. Please. It's yours. God bless you! smiley

Cost a dime or work? so what will u be willing to die for? .......i smell delusion here.

Religion i know drains you of your time, energy, personal effect and senses, unless you know how to profit from it. believing in eternal life does not even make you a good person undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by johnydon22(m): 8:46am On Feb 07, 2016
People worry about dying and their fantasy of what will happen afterwards that they end up having not lived at all.

You have a life now that is all that matters, you either choose to live in the fantasy of getting another life or diminishing yourself by fearing the inevitable end (death) or you forget about that and live your life for the moment and savor every bit of it..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by urheme: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2016
johnydon22:
People worry about dying and their fantasy of what will happen afterwards that they end up having not lived at all.

You have a life now that is all that matters, you either choose to live in the fantasy of getting another life or diminishing yourself by fearing the inevitable end (end) or you forget about that and live your life for the moment and savor every bit of it..

Tell them o.
They want another one when they have not even finish this one undecided.....is that not greed?.

Yet they don't want to die, undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by Humblebloke(m): 9:16am On Feb 07, 2016
johnydon22:

You have a life now that is all that matters, you either choose to live in the fantasy of getting another life or diminishing yourself by fearing the inevitable end (death) or you forget about that and live your life for the moment and savor every bit of it..

Preach it bro!

These people don't know there are worse things in life than death......

Most of these religions aren't even helping matters...... They make it scarier!

OP......... Life has been given to you to be lived, don't die while you're still living. You'll cross that bridge when you get there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 07, 2016
imagine when u are in deep sleep.. what do u remember and how do u feel?
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by johnydon22(m): 9:24am On Feb 07, 2016
urheme:

Tell them o.
They want another one when they have not even finish this one undecided.....is that not greed?.

Yet they don't want to die, undecided
[b] Many live but through many factors and fantasies they never live.

An apple you are eating is not sweet because it lasts forever, No it is because that apple will finish.

If you have an infinite apple fruit that never finishes no matter how much you eat from it, you are i know how that will be to you.

People always diminish their ability to live by deluding themselves in the fantasy of another life at the same time being afraid of death.

thought such a person should even be clamoring for death so as to get to the better life of golden mansions and 100virgin girls.. lol..

We have been dead (inexistent) long before we were born, what is there to be afraid of again?

We are only sure of this life we have and i am never going to allow it to waste clamoring for an unsure one.

Who ever thinks they have a life better than this one after they are dead is not really living but just waiting to die.

People need to stop being afraid of death in fact shed any form of fear in their life.. "Fear" is not good for a better life..
[/b]

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by Karlovich: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2016
marcopollo:
you are saying all these things because you believe in abook written thousands of years ago, tell me new born babies that die hours later what happens to them in your afterlife, did dey believe that jesus died for them as well or perhaps the illiterate hunters in remote parts of the earth

2 Likes

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by orisa37: 10:27am On Feb 07, 2016
Just believe in J.C., receive your Comforter and you shall never die or be afraid to die.
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by byteHead(m): 11:02am On Feb 07, 2016
Death is not to be feared by one who has lived his life diligently and in the right way.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by virginboy1(m): 11:20am On Feb 07, 2016
marcopollo:
Are you a virgin? Just curious. no offense
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by HCpaul(m): 11:47am On Feb 07, 2016
johnydon22:
[b] Many live but through many factors and fantasies they never live.

An apple you are eating is not sweet because it lasts forever, No it is because that apple will finish.

If you have an infinite apple fruit that never finishes no matter how much you eat from it, you are i know how that will be to you.

People always diminish their ability to live by deluding themselves in the fantasy of another life at the same time being afraid of death.

thought such a person should even be clamoring for death so as to get to the better life of golden mansions and 100virgin girls.. lol..

We have been dead (inexistent) long before we were born, what is there to be afraid of again?

We are only sure of this life we have and i am never going to allow it to waste clamoring for an unsure one.

Who ever thinks they have a life better than this one after they are dead is not really living but just waiting to die.

People need to stop being afraid of death in fact shed any form of fear in their life.. "Fear" is not good for a better life..
[/b]

You have been in existence long before you were born.

You already exist in the heart of your creator.

Am planning to write a book on atheism... Will you help me out bro?
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by jiggaz(m): 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
johnydon22:
So John, so you have not come out from this Atheism? plz come out my bro!!! grin Your soul is precious to us oo. CHRIST loves you with an unimaginable love... God is love my brother... Jesus is the way.. the Truth and the Life...... Come out from Atheism John!!! plz come out!! lol. Seriously John, i have a deep believe dat you ll encounter CHRIST soonest just like Apostle Paul in the Bible... See you in Paradise bro...
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by johnydon22(m): 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
jiggaz:
So John, so you have not come out from this Atheism? plz come out my bro!!! grin Your soul is precious to us oo. CHRIST loves you with an unimaginable love... God is love my brother... Jesus is the way.. the Truth and the Life...... Come out from Atheism John!!! plz come out!! lol. Seriously John, i have a deep believe dat you ll encounter CHRIST soonest just like Apostle Paul in the Bible... See you in Paradise bro...
Hahahahahaha abi grin ... alright we'll see in paradise and leave those heathens to burn to everlasting glee of our lord grin..

SMH Delusion galore

2 Likes

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by marcopollo(m): 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
What! People who claim to be atheists are just roaming anyhow in this thread like rats. If, God forbid, I were an atheist (that's assuming there's one), I would never comment in anything about God. Why? Why should I talk about something that does not exist? If you're truly an atheist what do you want to say about things or somebody you claim does not exist? Your comments here and there only prove you wrong. To say the truth, there are no atheist any where, people just claim to be one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by TrajansKong: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
urheme:
believing in eternal life does not even make you a good person undecided

Here endeth the lesson!!! smiley
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by frank317: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
marcopollo:
What! People who claim to be atheists are just roaming anyhow in this thread like rats. If, God forbid, I were an atheist (that's assuming there's one), I would never comment in anything about God. Why? Why should I talk about something that does not exist? If you're truly an atheist what do you want to say about things or somebody you claim does not exist? Your comments here and there only prove you wrong. To say the truth, there are no atheist any where, people just claim to be one.

People need to hear the truth. Falsehood needs to be refuted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by jiggaz(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
johnydon22:
Hahahahahaha abi grin ... alright we'll see in paradise and leave those heathens to burn to everlasting glee of our lord grin..
SMH Delusion galore
grin You no well..... lol. grin
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by marcopollo(m): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
frank317:

People need to hear the truth. Falsehood needs to be refuted.
I hear. Do you also claim to be an atheist?
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Herein lies the ever-green; never-ending attraction of Religion: It claims that if we "obey" the God(s) [ with instructions ranging from Blowing yourselves up to watching pastors extort and saying nothing]; we get rewarded for believing and so are taken to paradise; while the poor fools who didn't accept our own religion burns!!!!!!!!!!!

How sad.
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by marcopollo(m): 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
SirWere:
Herein lies the ever-green; never-ending attraction of Religion: It claims that if we "obey" the God(s) [ with instructions ranging from Blowing yourselves up to watching pastors extort and saying nothing]; we get rewarded for believing and so are taken to paradise; while the poor fools who didn't accept our own religion burns!!!!!!!! How sad.
Haha.. Here comes another rat! I never knew Nairaland is soo infested with so much rats. Oga, do you also claim to be an atheist?
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
marcopollo:

Haha.. Here comes another rat! I never knew Nairaland is soo infested with so much rats. Oga, do you also claim to be an atheist?
I am an Agnostic Atheist, yes.
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by marcopollo(m): 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
SirWere:
I am an Agnostic Atheist, yes.
Oh, they come in different shades and color. Only claiming to though. Bros you have no excuse being an atheist be it in any variation.
Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
marcopollo:

Oh, they come in different shades and color. Only claiming to though. Bros you have no excuse being an atheist be it in any variation.

Oh, I don't speak with types like you. I find it dead boring to speak with a person who keeps shouting I'm a fool without realizing the same thing is being said in Constantinople about him.

1 Like

Re: I'm So Afraid To Die.... I'm Horified Of What May Happen! by frank317: 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
marcopollo:

I hear. Do you also claim to be an atheist?

That's not important... The important thing here is that your God does not exist. Even if he does.. He needs to hanged for war crimes, child murder, mass murder and unwarranted waste of human blood.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Roman Catholic Won't Save You / See How Freeze,adeboye And Oyedapo Was Replied / Why Is It That Cars Belonging To Members Of Lord Chosen Church Always Spoil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.