Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,237 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Nigeria,religion And The Way Forward - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria,religion And The Way Forward (629 Views)

The Power Of Seeing Yourself The Way God Sees You. / This Is For People Who Say Religion And Science Can't Mix / The Difference Between RELIGION And CHRISTIANITY. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria,religion And The Way Forward by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 7:28am On Feb 07, 2016
According to Wikipedia ;Religion is a cultural system of behaviors and practices, world views, ethics, and social organization that relate humanity to an order of existence.In Nigeria today we have 3 major religions namely: Christian,Muslim and traditional religion one of these is practiced by each of her citizen...in the beginning there was only traditional religion which our forefathers practiced and they co-existed peacefully with one another until Islam was introduced to the northern part during the time of iDris Aloma of the old borne empire (1571) since then it's taken over 50% of the whole population.
Christianity on the other hand was introduced in the 15th century but the first church was in 1842,now back to the topic...these 2 religion were based on repentance,peace and a religion free from human/animal sacrifice supposedly but it's not the same anymore in our dear country
NOTE: they were preaching to us about religions of peace,equality and love while they are runnin the slave trade,I still wonder how hypocritical these white dudes are!
Back to the topic,today Christianity and Islam has become a major problem facing Nigeria and the whole world at large,there is an automatic resentment between member of the 2 groups...churches are now multibillion naira investment who don't pay tax and are NOT really preparing its members for the sole purpose of making heaven but mainly extorting from them and promising miracles,little wonder our corrupt leaders are best friends to em religious leaders,they don't preach love anymore,even inter church members are even restricted to marry from another church...tell me how this is promoting love And development .
On the other hand Islam from my view is like a military kinda religion,some are very sweet and gentle but majority of Em are just too twisted,today all the terrorist groups are hiding under Islam even the boko haram of Nigeria came to stay under disguise of Islam ,I still wonder why someone if not brainwashed will kill a fellow being in the name of God..thats Insanity!

I'm not saying religion is bad,im a believer and I worship God but all this insanity needs to stop,everywhere is littered with churches and mosques yet the country is slowly sinking in a pool of corruption,chaos and war..we need to start orientating ourselves about peace and humanity other than spending our whole life doing religion the wrong way and growing backwards.There are thousands of barbaric acts associated with religion in Nigeria now sorta like,rural,rape,embezzlement and the list goes on.

I'm pretty sure Jesus Christ and Mohammed SAW will be very disappointed in us!

I stand to be corrected and criticized but Pls try to see beyond religion,just love and treat every man equally..trust me the world will be like paradise.

Lalasticlala ,Seun

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria,religion And The Way Forward by HENSEXIE(f): 7:35am On Feb 07, 2016
Well,its N̶̲̥̅̊☺ longer d olden days religion wia people worship their G̶̲̥̅̊☹ D̶̲̥̅̊ wit all sincerity of hrt.alot's changed,aπϑ I belive all d tinx appenin nw re all signz of d endtime,as foretold in d BIBLE.so if U̶̲̥̅̊ knw d G̶̲̥̅̊☹ D̶̲̥̅̊ ure servin,y'all shuld go settle wif HIM.
Ha̶̲̥̅ppγ̲̣̣̥ sunday guyz

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

On Valentine And The Church / Mithras = Christianity? / Happy Mothering Sunday To All The Catholic Mothers Out There!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.