Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

#IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth (5091 Views)

Photos Of Ben Murray-Bruce, With His Sons And Daughter / Photo Of Ben Murray-Bruce With Muhammad Ali / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 07, 2016
wirinet:
Nigeria is the epitome of Hypocrisy, the same people shouting "Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal " are the same people supporting anybody accused of being a criminal. They are the ones protesting the arrest and detention of Dasuki, Dokpesi, the NIMASA boss, Metuh, etc. Anybody acussed of being a criminal automatically becomes their hero.

The same " Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal " Ben"almighty" Bruce had never condemned criminality, he had never tweeted about the alleged $2.1 billion arms saga by Dasuki, he had not commented on any of the alleged massive corruption that happened under the administration of his brother. Instead he is scanning every statement and action with of Buhari for tweeting.

Any successful Nigeria abroad can understand Buhari's statement, Nigeria and Nigerians have to work hard at improving their image instead of hiding their heads in the same and pretending all is well. I have very successful friends (Nigerians) who tell me that they do not associate with fellow Nigerians because of the terrible drug and 419 reputation Nigerians have in the US.

We should start learning to tell ourselves the truth. The first step to solving a problem is accepting there is a problem.

The Nigerian Hypocrisy is ingrained in its culture and religion. A person that is sick is not supposed to admit he/she is sick, a sick person is supposed to say i am strong or i am well if asked about his health. Same for poverty, a poor person is supposed to reply he is rich when asked about his/her financial situation. one area where i alway have issues with my friends and families, is when i say " i have a problem ", they always tell me never to admit i have a problem, but i tell them that according to my philosophy all challenges are problems and it is solving problems that can make one great or succeed, that not having problems makes one a failure.

I was in Houston in 2013 for a training programme, i met a nigerian doing d training on self sponsorship. He has been in d US for about 5 years at dat time. He was complaining to me how companies prefer to employ Koreans, chinese, indians, vietnams and even Ghanians, Egyptians,Tunisians ahead of Nigerians. He said many Nigerians who came to US earlier have destroyed d image of Nigeria because dishonesty, corruption, stealing and cheating were more common with Nigerians when compared to people from those countries.

Yes it is true there are many Nigerians abroad who are doing legitimate business. So also there are many Chinese, Ghanians, Koreans etc doing honest business.

But when you compare d percentage of Nigerians involve in Crime to percentage of people from chinese, Ghana etc involve in crime, Nigeria case is alarming.

When you want to apply for admission online for some canada schools, they will tell you specifically that they dont accept debit or credit card from Nigeria for admission processing fee . As nigerian you have to do bank transfer.

Obama was criticise by black americans as sellout when he told them the truth in 2012 to start blaming themselves for thier problem.

In 1961, Martin Luther King Jr. spoke to a congregation in St. Louis. He challenged his black audience in a way that few black leaders, including President Obama, do today.

“Do you know that Negroes are 10 percent of the population of St. Louis and are responsible for 58 percent of its crimes?” he told a congregation. “We’ve got to face that. And we’ve got to do something about our moral standards.”

He also said that, “We know that there are many things wrong in the white world, but there are many things wrong in the black world, too. We can’t keep on blaming the white man. There are things we must do for ourselves.”
http://bernardgoldberg.com/what-president-obama-left-out-of-his-talk-on-race/

Buhari never called all Nigerians abroad criminals. The first step to solving a problem is recognising and accepting d problem exist. That is what Buhari did. He refuse to pretend all is well when it is not well. He spoke with all sincerity and honesty. No matter how bitter truth may be, sometimes we have no choice than to say it the way it is. Again Buhari was speaking to Nigerians in diaspora directly. I dont think there is any other better moment to speak d blunt truth than that.

#SometimesCommonSenseMayNotMakeSense
#TruthIsBitter
#IamAnigerianIstandWithBuhari

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by mrvitalis(m): 7:47am On Feb 07, 2016
Do u mind that man.. .. I stopped taking serious long time ago... .
One thing I know is that Nigerians are the easiest to deceive... Just speak fine and look good
U have them in ur pocket

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by kodded(m): 7:49am On Feb 07, 2016
most terrorist are from syria but do you see Syria president shouting that all Syrians are terrorist ?

op you are a criminal not me undecided :- \

30 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by kodded(m): 7:52am On Feb 07, 2016
mrvitalis:
Do u mind that man.. .. I stopped taking serious long time ago... .
One thing I know is that Nigerians are the easiest to deceive... Just speak fine and look good
U have them in ur pocket
so you are saying that you are a criminal ? undecided

issorai

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 07, 2016
kodded:
most terrorist are from syria but do you see Syria president shouting that all Syrians are terrorist ?

That is not true. Most terrorists are not from syria. Many terrorist go to syria to fight. Many of them are foreigners not syrian

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by iduzebaba(m): 7:57am On Feb 07, 2016
#iamanigerianandistandwithbuhari

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by kodded(m): 7:59am On Feb 07, 2016
tuale4u:

That is not true. Most terrorists are not from syria. Many terrorist go to syria to fight. Many of them are foreigners not syrian
so in other words all criminals in Europe are nigerians ? undecided

5 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 07, 2016
kodded:
so in other words all criminals in Europe are nigerians ? undecided

The word most, many etc does not mean all.

5 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by luvinhubby(m): 8:03am On Feb 07, 2016
Most, if not all terrorists are moslems, then permit me to call moslems terrorists. undecided

Guess common sense is not common anyway.

#IamNigerianNotaCriminal

14 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 07, 2016
luvinhubby:
Most, if not all terrorists are moslems, then permit me to call moslems terrorists. undecided

#IamNigerianNotaCriminal

Most terrorist are muslims. It is a fact. Nobody will argue dat.

1 Like

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by wirinet(m): 8:07am On Feb 07, 2016
kodded:

Fallacy. Most terrorists are not from Syria. Name one terrorist from Syria you know.

You are "#IAmANigerianNotACriminal" but you are an avid supporter of Tompola, Dasuki and Metuh, and you are vehemently against Buhari anti-corruption war. As the saying goes " Show me your heros and i will tell you who you are ", so from your heros, i can deduce you are a criminal

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by luvinhubby(m): 8:09am On Feb 07, 2016
tuale4u:

Most terrorist are muslims. It is a fact. Nobody will argue dat.

Does that make Islam terrorism?

1 Like

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by chriskosherbal(m): 8:09am On Feb 07, 2016
I don't care about bruce intention but all I know is that MR PRESIDENT should not have made that statement, this is democracy, it is govt of the people, he should apologise to Nigerian's, because I know am not a criminal and I will never be. #i love my country#

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by dustmalik: 8:12am On Feb 07, 2016
luvinhubby:

#IamNigerianNotaCriminal
You guys are making unnecessary brouhaha out of what Buhari said. Did Buhari say Nigerians are the only criminals in the UK? Did he say all Nigerians in the UK are criminals? You guys never miss a chance at wailing, do you?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by mrvitalis(m): 8:12am On Feb 07, 2016
kodded:

so you are saying that you are a criminal ? undecided

issorai
No but am not denying the truth that a lot of Nigerians abroad commits crimes and this have given us a bad imagine
Anything apart from this is living in self denying

1 Like

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by kuuljay(m): 8:14am On Feb 07, 2016
Nigerians like outward padding they hate being told the truth. The truth is we are known round the globe as criminals,mention Nigerian prince to a European and see if he wouldn't raise an eye brow,what about drugs which is dominated by people from certain parts of the country, child trafficking and prostitution (italy) what did trump say about Nigerians. Let's tell our s elves the truth and start to look inward. Even in our families if 2 out of 10 are thieves that family will be tagged family of thieves some people will even refuse to marry from there.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 07, 2016
kuuljay:
Nigerians like outward padding they hate being told the truth. The truth is we are known round the globe as criminals,mention Nigerian prince to a European and see if he wouldn't raise an eye brow,what about drugs which is dominated by people from certain parts of the country, child trafficking and prostitution (italy) what did trump say about Nigerians. Let's tell our s elves the truth and start to look inward. Even in our families if 2 out of 10 are thieves that family will be tagged family of thieves some people will even refuse to marry from there.

Thank u

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by wirinet(m): 8:23am On Feb 07, 2016
tuale4u:

I was in Houston in 2013 for a training programme, i met a nigerian doing d training on self sponsorship. He has been in d US for about 5 years at dat time. He was complaining to me how companies prefer to employ Koreans, chinese, indians, vietnams and even Ghanians, Egyptians,Tunisians ahead of Nigerians. He said many Nigerians who came to US earlier have destroyed d image of Nigeria because dishonesty, corruption, stealing and cheating were more common with Nigerians when compared to people from those countries.

Yes it is true there are many Nigerians abroad who are doing legitimate business. So also there are many Chinese, Ghanians, Koreans etc doing honest business.

But when you compare d percentage of Nigerians involve in Crime to percentage of people from chinese, Ghana etc involve in crime, Nigeria case is alarming.

Obama was criticise by black americans as sellout when he told them the truth in 2012 to start blaming themselves for thier problem.

http://bernardgoldberg.com/what-president-obama-left-out-of-his-talk-on-race/

#TruthIsBitter
#iamanigerianandistandwithbuhari

Thank you for saying the truth. It is only people who has never seen an international airport that would complain about Buhari's advise to Nigerian in London. At one time Nigeria's image was so bad that no e-commerce site accepts Nigerian issued credit or debit cards, every Nigerian was viewed either as a drug dealer or internet scammer. Although things have marginally improved, there is still a lot of work to be done. Our youths in foreign lands have to learn to be engaged meaningfully and stop engaging in criminality.

The Nigerian Hypocrisy is ingrained in its culture and religion. A person that is sick is not supposed to admit he/she is sick, a sick person is supposed to say i am strong or i am well if asked about his health. Same for poverty, a poor person is supposed to reply he is rich when asked about his/her financial situation. one area where i alway have issues with my friends and families, is when i say " i have a problem ", they always tell me never to admit i have a problem, but i tell them that according to my philosophy all challenges are problems and it is solving problems that can make one great or succeed, that not having problems makes one a failure.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 07, 2016
wirinet:

Thank you for saying the truth. It is only people who has never seen an international airport that would complain about Buhari's advise to Nigerian in London. At one time Nigeria's image was so bad that no e-commerce site accepts Nigerian issued credit or debit cards, every Nigerian was viewed either as a drug dealer or internet scammer. Although things have marginally improved, there is still a lot of work to be done. Our youths in foreign lands have to learn to be engaged meaningfully and stop engaging in criminality.

The Nigerian Hypocrisy is ingrained in its culture and religion. A person that is sick is not supposed to admit he/she is sick, a sick person is supposed to say i am strong or i am well if asked about his health. Same for poverty, a poor person is supposed to reply he is rich when asked about his/her financial situation. I area where i alway have issues with my friends and families, is when i say " i have a problem ", they always tell me never to admit i have a problem, but i tell them that according to my philosophy all challenges are problems and it is solving problems that can make one great or succeed, that not having problems makes one a failure.

You are so correct

1 Like

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2016
Is a very simple logic,
If you are a criminal then buhari is truthful about you.
But when you are not a criminal then buhari is stupid for making that unpatriotic comment about you.

And Bruce hash tag is vindicated....

1 Like

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by wirinet(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2016
RightBoo:
Is a very simple logic,
If you are a criminal then buhari is truthful about you.
But when you are not a criminal then buhari is stupid for making that unpatriotic comment about you.

And Bruce hash tag is vindicated....

I think the reverse is the case, it is criminals that thow the most fits at being called criminal, non criminals simply ignore. If you study this issue well, it is those that support criminals that are most pained by Buhari's statement, people who hate any form of criminality either support the statement or simply ignore.

2 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2016
wirinet:

I think the reverse is the case, it is criminals that thow the most fits at being called criminal, non criminals simply ignore. If you study this issue well, it is those that support criminals that are most pained by Buhari's statement, people who hate any form of criminality either support the statement or simply ignore.

On point

1 Like

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Bhella5(m): 9:35am On Feb 07, 2016
I guess it is safe to say "gbogbo wa l'ole" according to PMB. Well, i agree with him.
Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Ebukaobi: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2016
kodded:

IPOB illiterates are not hard to spot

Can you imagine someone saying that most terrorists are from Syria?

And this IPOB is one of the people calling Buhari a dullard

Smh..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 07, 2016
wirinet:

Are you for real at the bolded.?
Congratulations your stupidity is just second to none....

2 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by luvinhubby(m): 9:47am On Feb 07, 2016
dustmalik:

You guys are making unnecessary brouhaha out of what Buhari said. Did Buhari say Nigerians are the only criminals in the UK? Did he say all Nigerians in the UK are criminals? You guys never miss a chance at wailing, do you?
You can as well say he never called Nigerians criminal.
Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Ebukaobi: 9:47am On Feb 07, 2016
wirinet:

You are 100% correct

99.9% of those criticising Buhari are from a particular part of Nigeria . The part where their men are profound drug smugglers

The ones that support Dasuki , Metuh , Diezani , even FFK the man that destroyed them a few years ago

Shameless people

8 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 07, 2016
Ebukaobi:

You are 100% correct

99.9% of those criticising Buhari are from a particular part of Nigeria . The part where their men are profound drug smugglers

The ones that support Dasuki , Metuh , Diezani , even FFK the man that destroyed them a few years ago

Shameless people

Why not mention their names..
Shameless people...
Buhari called you a criminal, what you did is to claim and defend it.
I can see Aisha rice is really working...
As a zombie I already know that you won't disappoint.
Hope you won't be offended if I call you a criminal

5 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Ebukaobi: 9:58am On Feb 07, 2016
RightBoo:

Why not mention their names..
Shameless people...
Buhari called you a criminal, what you did is to claim and defend it.
I can see Aisha rice is really working...
As a zombie I already know that you won't disappoint.
Hope you won't be offended if I call you a criminal

It is the criminal IPOB that are shouting the loudest because of guilty conscience

Most drug traffickers in Europe come from one section of Nigeria. I don't think it is too difficult to guess who they are

Yet they are the ones shouting the loudest

There is hardly any family in Anambra that has not lost a son to execution in East Asia and they are the ones denying the facts

Are you trying to say that the rest of the world don't know the level of criminality in Nigeria?

Hypocrite IPOB

4 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by abduljabbar4(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2016
kodded:

Did Buhari say ALL Nigerians are terrorists?

Meanwhile well done @tuale4u

2 Likes

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 07, 2016
[s]
Ebukaobi:

It is the criminal IPOB that are shouting the loudest because of guilty conscience

Most drug traffickers in Europe come from one section of Nigeria. I don't think it is too difficult to guess who they are

Yet they are the ones shouting the loudest

There is hardly any family in Anambra that has not lost a son to execution in East Asia and they are the ones denying the facts

Are you trying to say that the rest of the world don't know the level of criminality in Nigeria?

Hypocrite IPOB

[/s]

Buhari called you a criminal. You are here with your lifeless looking APC zombie blaming IPOB.
It seems I will buy into IPOB since is giving a lot of you goose pimples.
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: #IamAnigerianNotAcriminal: Hippocracy Of Ben Maurice Bruce #BuhariSpokeTheTruth by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 07, 2016
Nigerians are so hypocritical... The rest of the world knows our reputation yet we choose to pretend that we are Saints. Isn't it high time we face our demons fair & square by admitting the truth. What the president said about Nigerians using the pretext of asylum to seek admission into those countries is very much true. But in the real sense no government is hunting us down but rather we are seeking financial asylum. It is a bitter pill to swallow but we must admit it .Our reputation is so bad that we are mocked in the international media both on their news and even in their movies, that's how I was watching an episode of the big bang theory and a "Nigerian Prince" was mentioned obviously for the obviously criminal reasons... That's how bad it has become. Once you've soiled your reputation,it's hard to make it look like it was before.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are The Yorubas Happy That Election Would Hold In Anambra? / Trump, Putin Furiously Storms Nigeria As Fear Grips Aso Rock Over Kanu- Pics / 1966: The Assassination Of Alhaji (sir) Abubakar Tafawa-balewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.