Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:08 PM

Buhari Says “nigerians Have A Reputation For Criminality, Bruce Takes Advantage - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buhari Says “nigerians Have A Reputation For Criminality, Bruce Takes Advantage (453 Views)

Darkness Is An Agent Of Criminality / Fayose Hails Buhari, Says 'we Are Happy The President Is Back' / If Buhari Says This Is Salad (hilarious Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Says “nigerians Have A Reputation For Criminality, Bruce Takes Advantage by 1captain: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2016
There is a trend going on twitter right now, and it is titled #NigerianAreNotCriminals, creator is Nigerian Senator, Ben Murray Bruce and cause of the trend, Muhammad Buhari

The President was quoted to have advised Nigerians against seeking asylum in the United Kingdom, noting that the country’s reputation for criminality ‘has made it hard for them to be accepted abroad’.

Buhari said the motivating factor behind the decision of some Nigerians to join the migrant exodus to Europe- were purely economical, and not necessarily because of the dangers associated with remaining in Nigeria.

The report quotes the President as saying: “Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but they have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking.”

“I don’t think Nigerians have anybody to blame. They can remain at home, where their services are required to rebuild the country. We have an image problem abroad and we are on our way to salvage that.”

Meanwhile, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce has lashed out at the President over the generalizing and labelling of Nigerians as being involved in crime.

(1) (Reply)

Konga Defrauded Me / Phone Addict In The Toilet / New Month Conversation Btw Me & My Niggah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.