Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? (17658 Views)

World's Most Expensive Bras And Handbag Fot ₦4.88Billion, ₦1.3Billion (Photos) / Lady Buys Python Skin Handbag In Port-Harcourt, Neigbour Sees It & Faints (Photo / Gadget That Can Spot If Your Handbag Is Fake Now Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by uboma(m): 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
kannyluv:
you are funny. Lol

oblige me more laughter by listing the items in your handbag.
hahaha!
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by uboma(m): 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:
I've outgrown 'blow blow' tongue grin

Teacher, please tell us the meaning of 'blow blow'.
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by thedio(m): 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
It is not just a fashion accessory my dear, it is a necessity!! Ha! We can't fit everything into our pockets like you men na.

Contents of a woman's bag usually include her phone(s),

pens (I carry pens anywhere I go),

jotter/handbook (peculiar to me),

phone charger,

powerbank,

make up bag (in my case just lip gloss),

face powder, hand mirror,

earpiece (my phones),

Tissue paper

the occasional novel (peculiar to me),

sanitary pad (all women, when it is THAT time of the month),

comb,

hand fan for when the weather is hot, (me again)

slippers for when the we need to change from heels (I don't wear high heeled footwear but I know ladies who go around with extra-footwear),

purse/wallet

Anointing oil/holy water grin

Pocket bible

In addition, my sis carries her invoices around.

Various other nwongwo na gwongwo that are peculiar to individual women.

Now, uboma, tell me how we can possibly fit all these into our back pockets?? ?

Anty u wil need to carry a ghana must go join ur hand bag
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by Ishilove: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
uboma:

Teacher, please tell us the meaning of 'blow blow'.
Condom grin
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by Mcayofficial: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by uboma(m): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:
We all have our cravings. Seems the lady is into bags smiley

She is sooooo into handbags. I wonder why the obsession....
Having a dozen or more is just 3much (my personal opinion).
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
uboma:

She is sooooo into handbags. I wonder why the obsession....

Having a dozen or more is just 3much (my personal opinion).
You are right though. Wetin person wan put inside?
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by uboma(m): 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ishilove:
Condom grin

Aunty, what is a condom?
lol
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by Ishilove: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
uboma:

Aunty, what is a condom?

lol
Condom is blow blow grin
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by CaroLyner(f): 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
uboma:

I feel you sis.

Just do your own thing and dont do as they do.

The trend now is for ladies to carry their handbags on their arms like they are modeling or something. I feel in the long run, carrying heavy handbags this way may alter one's posture.
you literally nailed it

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by CandyDiva: 1:16am On Feb 08, 2016
niggi4life:
[b]In those days our Mothers carry what i know as Hand Purse, very small and light, I still remember what my mum had in her purse.
1. One small eye pencil

2. One red lip stick

3. One small container of talcum face powder

4. Handkerchief

5. One small mirror and

6... Well Folded 50kobo and One naira Notes (which i get to steal sometimes when she gets back from an outing)

But now, u see Girls carry a BAG that can contain a Full Grown Matured He-Goat and you wonder what is always inside...
I was so curious to find out one day, so when Angela came to my place some years ago, i opened The Almighty Bag and i was surprised that as Big as it looked with so many openings, there was absolutely nothing relevant(at least for me) What i saw included

1. One Big mirror(Almost same size with the one we hang in the bedroom)

2. 4 Different types of facial powder

3. Lipsticks of various colors,, (i counted 15)

4. One broom stick, about the size used to make Ewedu (I still dont understand why she carried this)

5.7 different colours of pants and One extra Bra

6. Toothbrush, tooth paste and bathing Sponge and sanitary iPads

7. Different types of make up( i just didn't recognise their names, they were too much and too colourful)

8. Passport photgraphs and also phone chargers, (Pin mouth charger for nokia, Iphone charger and BB charger )

9. I saw a Wallet inside the bag so i opened the wallet and hoping to see what normal wallet usually holds but.............

10... When i opened the Wallet, i found "NO Money" inside but scattered sticks of toothpick with one faintly used Chewing stick[/b]
I can't stop laughing lahor!
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by EmekaBlue(m): 2:57am On Feb 08, 2016
If u search d handbag na magnet..nails..tissue paper and guguru ati ekpa dey full inside...
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by dhummystecah(f): 7:12am On Feb 08, 2016
condralbede:
Honestly bruv...Some might even have jackknife or gun inside too.
Lol. I have high power stun gun (taser) in mine....Just incase
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by condralbede(m): 7:15am On Feb 08, 2016
dhummystecah:

Lol. I have high power stun gun (taser) in mine....Just incase
blood of God, pls safe your people!cheesy
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by mastermind1759(m): 7:43am On Feb 08, 2016
Na dem knw wetin dey cari abt..
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by Taiwo20(m): 8:07am On Feb 08, 2016
Some ladies would in addition to the list of things highlighted by the 2nd poster include; panties, scarf(s), a top/gown and the occassional juju or talisman plus the occassional loose change...10/20 naira note is always with them

Infact, its virtually a travelling bag and mobile make-up unit. Some will still carry a complete make-up box sef.
That's why I will always say never ever look into a ladies bag except when you are both at home and you are scared for your life.
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by Dantee005(m): 9:19am On Feb 08, 2016
Ishilove:

It is not just a fashion accessory my dear, it is a necessity!! Ha! We can't fit everything into our pockets like you men na.

Contents of a woman's bag usually include her phone(s),

pens (I carry pens anywhere I go),

jotter/handbook (peculiar to me),

phone charger,

powerbank,

make up bag (in my case just lip gloss),

face powder, hand mirror,

earpiece (my phones),

Tissue paper

the occasional novel (peculiar to me),

sanitary pad (all women, when it is THAT time of the month),

comb,

hand fan for when the weather is hot, (me again)

slippers for when the we need to change from heels (I don't wear high heeled footwear but I know ladies who go around with extra-footwear),

purse/wallet

Anointing oil/holy water grin

Pocket bible

In addition, my sis carries her invoices around.

Various other nwongwo na gwongwo that are peculiar to individual women.

Now, uboma, tell me how we can possibly fit all these into our back pockets??
Lol..women be beta obu ngwo-ngwo.... grin
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by glowzy: 9:21am On Feb 08, 2016
niggi4life:
[b]In those days our Mothers carry what i know as Hand Purse, very small and light, I still remember what my mum had in her purse.
1. One small eye pencil

2. One red lip stick

3. One small container of talcum face powder

4. Handkerchief

5. One small mirror and

6... Well Folded 50kobo and One naira Notes (which i get to steal sometimes when she gets back from an outing)

But now, u see Girls carry a BAG that can contain a Full Grown Matured He-Goat and you wonder what is always inside...
I was so curious to find out one day, so when Angela came to my place some years ago, i opened The Almighty Bag and i was surprised that as Big as it looked with so many openings, there was absolutely nothing relevant(at least for me) What i saw included

1. One Big mirror(Almost same size with the one we hang in the bedroom)

2. 4 Different types of facial powder

3. Lipsticks of various colors,, (i counted 15)

4. One broom stick, about the size used to make Ewedu (I still dont understand why she carried this)

5.7 different colours of pants and One extra Bra

6. Toothbrush, tooth paste and bathing Sponge and sanitary iPads

7. Different types of make up( i just didn't recognise their names, they were too much and too colourful)

8. Passport photgraphs and also phone chargers, (Pin mouth charger for nokia, Iphone charger and BB charger )

9. I saw a Wallet inside the bag so i opened the wallet and hoping to see what normal wallet usually holds but.............

10... When i opened the Wallet, i found "NO Money" inside but scattered sticks of toothpick with one faintly used Chewing stick[/b]
What is broom doing inside a lady's handbag? The toothpick inside wallet part got me laughing so hard..I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

1 Like

Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by dhummystecah(f): 3:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
condralbede:
blood of God, pls safe your people!cheesy
lol. no be my fault, na condition.
Re: Must A Woman Carry A Handbag Wherever She Goes? by NovusHomo(m): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2016
Ishilove:

Wetin I wan use condom do? grin

The same thing wey everybody dey do with am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stylish Civil Wedding Attires In 2022 / A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. / MTN Logo On A Lady's Finger-Nails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.