Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (30249 Views)

Largest Ethnic Group In Southern Nigeria? / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? / Nigerian Fulani Militants Named As Fourth Deadliest Terror Group In World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kuyo: 11:21am On Feb 07, 2016
Udmaster:
it was Edwin Clark who started diz fraud of Ijaws being 4th largest tribe.
Tiv people are the 4th largest tribe.
Ijaws make up 95% of Bayelsa, small population in Delta and Rivers.
Ijaws will be around 6million..
You are wrong ijaw are not up to 6 millions. The population of bayelsa is not more than 1.5 million. Ijaw in Delta are not more than 400,000 and the will not be more than 1 million in Rivers state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by oikechukwu: 11:22am On Feb 07, 2016
spanishkid:
Hahaha. Gay indeed.

grin grin grin grin the ediot posted a picture of a white kid. Am I supposed to cry? Do I look like your miserable, low self esteem @ss that desperately wish to be mix with them? Do I? Even that fucking white baby is still smarter and better than you lots. At least his parents didn't practice a primitive, savage act of cutting a baby's face in effort to make am look like he or she fought a lion and tiger.

That baby is still better than the attached image

And will grow up looking better than this

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Tinubutoto: 11:23am On Feb 07, 2016
davidmark4naija:

Bros, its not eastern obodo. Its eastern obolo.
Pls take note. wink
thanks
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Tinubutoto: 11:25am On Feb 07, 2016
Kuyo:
You are wrong ijaw are not up to 6 millions. The population of bayelsa is not more than 1.5 million.
**** Ijaw people are more than 6 million. even more than 10 million. u don't even know Ijaw people in Nigeria. to u, it's just Bayelsa bah?

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 11:26am On Feb 07, 2016
Ugomba:
Don't give that Tonyebarcanista any space to steal any land in ur Akwa Ibom.
Thats why they want Oil Rivers state so that they steal part of AKS into it.
There are NO Ijaws in Akwa Ibom
I double dare them.mtchwww
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 11:27am On Feb 07, 2016
Kuyo:
You are wrong ijaw are not up to 6 millions. The population of bayelsa is not more than 1.5 million. Ijaw in Delta are not more than 400,000 and the will not be more than 1 million in Rivers state
Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by lolzzzz: 11:28am On Feb 07, 2016
I have not seen any ijaw person all my life.

6 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 11:30am On Feb 07, 2016
Tinubutoto:

fool, Ijaw people are more than 6 million. even more than 10 million. u don't even know Ijaw people in Nigeria. to u, it's just Bayelsa bah?
The thread is about the Tivs and the ijaws but see embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Tinubutoto: 11:31am On Feb 07, 2016
oikechukwu:

One thing I know for sure is iteskiri outnumber ijaws in delta state. I'm even sure isoko outnumber them

u r nothing but a fool.
Itsekiri total population is not up to Burutu local government in Delta State.
IJAW and Itsekiri as well as Isoko are all in Delta South senatorial district. ask yo self how many local government does Itsekiri have on it's own? none. Out of the 8 local government areas know delta south, Ijaw has 4 1/2, dat is senator manager has been in the senate for 4 tenures now

4 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 11:31am On Feb 07, 2016
lolzzzz:
I have not seen any ijaw person all my life.
Lolzzzz
Stop lie na.
But na true oooo, have not met with any, but maybe I have seen one.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Tinubutoto: 11:33am On Feb 07, 2016
joeprince23:
The problem I have with people mentioning “ijaw” is firstly ijo is not an ethnic nationality but rather a conglomorate of riverine people in southern nigeria. Izon however is an ethnic nationality found mostly at kolokuma/opokuma and southern ijaw LGA's of present bayelsa state. Even to bayelsans a man from ekeremo lga is not core-ijo but rather ijoid(correctly he is isoko by tribe),larger chunk of ogbia lga is not izon but epkeye(igbo/igboid group from neigbouring rivers state. Secondly there is no general ijo language or linguistic(like hausa,igbo,yoruba etc),many places people regard as ijaw that are far away from izon in kolokuma actually speak different languages from their larger cousins eg. Ekeremo lg speak urhobo/isoko easthern ogbia lga speak ekpeye igbo(the type spoken in ahoada) opobo speak central igbo,bonny speak ibani and igbo. FYI: any person that visited oilmill market in port-harcourt prior to the creation of bayelsa state will understand what I mean. In many rural communities of bayelsa state igbo is still the lingua-franca,peremabiri in southern ijaw is one of few major towns that is ijo in the real sense,even kolo town is not talkless of nembe. I rest my case
fool, u know nothing about Ijaw

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by lolzzzz: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2016
Kyase:

Lolzzzz
Stop lie na.
But na true oooo, have not met with any, but maybe I have seen one.
I only hear of GEJ and tonyebarcanista online, I have never met an ijaw person.

Just the truth

4 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 11:36am On Feb 07, 2016
[s]
Tinubutoto:

u r suffering from Amnesia. There is Ijaw in Akwa Ibom, the Eastern Obodo people are Ijaw people. currently, the treasurer of Ijaw National Congress is from Eastern Obodo of Akwa Ibom. go n ask about it. I was with one guy from Eastern Obodo on Friday.
[/s] you are madt. Ask that use.less thing called Tonyebarcanista, i have school him on that. THERE ARE IJAW "SETTLERS" HERE.THERE ARE NO IJAW "ABORIGINS" HERE. The same way their are ghana settlers here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by oikechukwu: 11:37am On Feb 07, 2016
Tinubutoto:

u r nothing but a fool.
Itsekiri total population is not up to Burutu local government in Delta State.
IJAW and Itsekiri as well as Isoko are all in Delta South senatorial district. ask yo self how many local government does Itsekiri have on it's own? none. Out of the 8 local government areas know delta south, Ijaw has 4 1/2, dat is senator manager has been in the senate for 4 tenures now

Nigga I'm from delta, delta north precisely. None of the lands in delta south belongs to ijaw. Half of the land you people claim as part of ijaw belongs to itsekiri precisely. You people are settlers fighting the original land owners their lands. So Bleep out of here with that rubbish. Iteskiri outnumber you people FACT!!!! I've actually met more itsekiri than I have ijaws even though we all from the same state yet you claim you people outnumber them? F2k out of here

11 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP this isn't a question pls!

How can you compare the population of Tiv and Ijaw? Ijaw that is present in Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Delta and Ondo states? The reason behind this argument(non argument really) is because Ijaws have been balkanised by the Nigeria State into different states(some states as minorities). This is why we are agitating for Toru Ibe and Oil Rivers states. Ijaws deserve 3 exclusive Ijaws states to tell its status.

In fact, it shall not be well with the British
u are just ranting...check wikipedia and be educated....population is not by wishful thinking as u just did.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by NDPVF(m): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2016
Tinubutoto:
All of ranting about Ijaw not being the 4th largest, pls don't forget Ijaw has about 9 local government areas in Rivers or there about. the Kalabari, the Okrikas, the Opobos the Bonnis, are all Ijaws. in Delta state, Ijaw has almost 20% of the total population. in fact, after Urhobo, Delta Ibo, the next tribe is Ijaw. In Edo state we Ijaws in Oviasouth west and east.
In Ondo state, u v the Ese Odo people, that is where Kuku and the current apc chairman of Ondo state came from.
[s]In Akwa Ibom, u v the Eastern Obodo and Ibuno local government areas for Ijaw[/s]. Ijaw are found in 6 states of Nigeria. they have 5 senators, and prior to ds Buhari regime, they used to av d least 3 ministers. currently they have a governor and 2 deputy governors. so tell me about yo mumu tiv people
Th.under de.stroy you there for this useless post.

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Kyase(m): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2016
lolzzzz:

Just the truth
OK na make I take fear gree
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by agadez007(m): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2016
lolzzzz:

Just the truth
you forgot Timaya?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by joeprince23(m): 11:42am On Feb 07, 2016
joeprince23:
The problem I have with people mentioning “ijaw” is firstly ijo is not an ethnic nationality but rather a conglomorate of riverine people in southern nigeria. Izon however is an ethnic nationality found mostly at kolokuma/opokuma and southern ijaw LGA's of present bayelsa state. Even to bayelsans a man from ekeremo lga is not core-ijo but rather ijoid(correctly he is isoko by tribe),larger chunk of ogbia lga is not izon but epkeye(igbo/igboid group from neigbouring rivers state. Secondly there is no general ijo language or linguistic(like hausa,igbo,yoruba etc),many places people regard as ijaw that are far away from izon in kolokuma actually speak different languages from their larger cousins eg. Ekeremo lg speak urhobo/isoko easthern ogbia lga speak ekpeye igbo(the type spoken in ahoada) opobo speak central igbo,bonny speak ibani and igbo. FYI: any person that visited oilmill market in port-harcourt prior to the creation of bayelsa state will understand what I mean. In many rural communities of bayelsa state igbo is still the lingua-franca,peremabiri in southern ijaw is one of few major towns that is ijo in the real sense,even kolo town is not talkless of nembe. I rest my case
a just made a point,I will open a thread to discuss this in details(proud obigbo boy from PH)

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Anticabal: 11:43am On Feb 07, 2016
Igbos are the largest ethnic group combined using scientific data.

1.) There are Indigenous Igbos in 8 states- Rivers,Delta, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi, Benue, Abia. FACT

2.) Igbo are second most populated in other region/states away from their homes. FACT

3.) They are the most visible and have the highest diaspora population. There is at least One Igbo man in 195 countries of the world. From Micronesia to the Isle of Man. FACT.

These are scientific realities that have made it impossible for the current fulani government to sanction a census on Ethnic group, they know the truth but find it difficult to agree with.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Tinubutoto: 11:45am On Feb 07, 2016
oikechukwu:

Nigga I'm from delta, delta north precisely. None of the lands in delta south belongs to ijaw. Half of the land you people claim as part of ijaw belongs to itsekiri precisely. You people are settlers fighting the original land owners their lands. So Bleep out of here with that rubbish. Iteskiri outnumber you people FACT!!!! I've actually met more iteskiri than I have ijaws even though we all from the same state yet you claim you people outnumber them? F2k out of here
go n solve yo Biafra problem and not to argue what u know nothing about. Ijaw has 4 local government areas in delta state, call just 1 local government own by Itsekiri in delta except Warri South west they are sharing with Ijaw and is located in Ogbe Ijaw and Warri North with Itsekiri 6 wards and Ijaw 4 wards and Warri South shared among Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw?. who is the senator representing delta state from 2003 to date.
Ijaw has Patani lga, Bomadi, Burutu which is the largest local government in the state with a lone house of representative member, Ogbe Ijaw. Name 1 Itsekiri lga?

2 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Tinubutoto: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2016
NDPVF:
[s][/s] you are madt. Ask that use.less thing called Tonyebarcanista, i have school him on that. THERE ARE IJAW "SETTLERS" HERE.THERE ARE NO IJAW "ABORIGINS" HERE. The same way their are ghana settlers here.
pls, I am at Abak road, come let me take u to where Eastern Obolo people are here in Uyo so u can confirm from them.

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Tinubutoto: 11:49am On Feb 07, 2016
I think it's a disservice to even argue with people suffering from amnesia on issues here. when u want to argue on where Ijaw people are, first of all find out where is INC, IYC executives came from. Thereafter I will talk to u fools

3 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by EteEdoho: 11:49am On Feb 07, 2016
[s]
davidmark4naija:

I think he was refering to the andoni and eastern obolo region. Some of dose ppl speak both annang/ibibio and ijaw languages becos of the shared boundary between us, just the same way igbos claim to have igbo speaking communities in akwa ibom, and dose so-called communities share boundaries with igbo speaking states.

[/s] you are sick in the head.what NDPVF told u is how it is. Ijaws are settlers here who we will push back to Bayelsa in no distant time. Stop talking trash.There are NO ijaw here. THANKS NDPVF FOR RESPONDING TO THIS SLOWPOKE.

4 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 07, 2016
Ijaws are the 4th largest, no arguements

3 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by joeprince23(m): 11:53am On Feb 07, 2016
Tinubutoto:

go n solve yo Biafra problem and not to argue what u know nothing about. Ijaw has 4 local government areas in delta state, call just 1 local government own by Itsekiri in delta except Warri South west they are sharing with Ijaw and is located in Ogbe Ijaw and Warri North with Itsekiri 6 wards and Ijaw 4 wards and Warri South shared among Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw?. who is the senator representing delta state from 2003 to date.
Ijaw has Patani lga, Bomadi, Burutu which is the largest local government in the state with a lone house of representative member, Ogbe Ijaw. Name 1 Itsekiri lga?
you forget one thing,there is a huge disconnect between bamadi,burutu ijaws and gbaramatu ijos. The former is highly primitive with no political muscle

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by EteEdoho: 11:53am On Feb 07, 2016
Tinubutoto:

I am suffering from Amnesia.[s] There is Ijaw in Akwa Ibom, the Eastern Obodo people are Ijaw people. currently, the treasurer of Ijaw National Congress is from Eastern Obodo of Akwa Ibom. go n ask about it. I was with one guy from Eastern Obodo on Friday.
[/s].YOU MET WITH DEMÖN.let him come to here and say that trash. BTW why do u Ijaws like trouble?

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by EteEdoho: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2016
[s]
Tinubutoto:
I think it's a disservice to even argue with people suffering from amnesia on issues here. when u want to argue on where Ijaw people are, first of all find out where is INC, IYC executives came from. Thereafter I will talk to u fools
[/s] land grabbering slowpoke.
Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2016
oikechukwu:

grin grin grin grin the ediot posted a picture of a white kid. Am I supposed to cry? Do I look like your miserable, low self esteem @ss that desperately wish to be mix with them? Do I? Even that fucking white baby is still smarter and better than you lots. At least his parents didn't practice a primitive, savage act of cutting a baby's face in effort to make am look like he or she fought a lion and tiger.

That baby is still better than the attached image

And will grow up looking better than this
please mercy for that guy for his sins against u...
u're actually more than him
am yoruba but i dont like false claims just as the ijaws are doing

8 Likes

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2016
joeprince23:

There is a bit of falacy in ur statement...

First ogbia is not I mean NOT in any way related to the igboid.. they are not under the same family... as a matter of fact, ogbia is in the same larger family as the efik and ogoni. From odua in ogbia, to otuasega, to imiringi, to otueke to kolo that u mentioned, to opuama and other ogbia communities, their ogbia is not related to the igboid, stop mis informing nairalanders. Ogbia is central delta subgroup which is part of the cross river language classification

Secondly, how dare u call the ekeremor people isoko/ urhobo? Indeed u know nothing about the ijaws and South south as a whole

1 Like

Re: The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by joeprince23(m): 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
tobimillar:

There is a bit of falacy in ur statement...

First ogbia is not I mean NOT in any way related to the igboid.. they are not under the same family... as a matter of fact, ogbia is in the same larger family as the efik and ogoni. From odua in ogbia, to otuasega, to imiringi, to otueke to kolo that u mentioned, to opuama and other ogbia communities, their ogbia is not related to the igboid

Secondly, how dare u call the ekeremor people isoko/ urhobo? Indeed u know nothing about the ijaws and South south as a whole
the difference between me and you(and most nairalanders) is i talk based on facts on ground and experiences where I have travelled(that's why I don't argue on SW affairs because I lack the expertise) but you talk based on online and imaginary popular literarry. ogbia is not in any family as ogoni and certainly not efik(do you even know what efik is?) Secondly large parts of ekeremor is actually isoko commnities so I'm not wrong. FYI: there are ethnic ekpeyes in bayelsa(and in ogbia lga, not kolo,) you don't have to say SS while we are arguing about bayelsa(yes BY state is in ss) but remember that SS is homogenous so even if I know nothing about bayelsa I might be a professor in akwa-ibom affairs(pls where are u from?)

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari: Why I Will Never Write A Book / "Okowa Betrayed Us!" - Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Tackle Delta Governor / 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.