Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) (29942 Views)

Fulani Community & Mumuye People Clash In Taraba,Houses Destroyed(photos) / Civil Defence Official Buried In Ekiti State. Graphic Photos / Hausas Clash With Igbos In Akowa, Imo State - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by DailyPost: 10:25am On Feb 07, 2016
By Peter Duru

MAKURDI—No fewer than 10 persons were feared dead yesterday, in an outbreak of fresh hostilities between Fulani herdsmen and farmers at Tom-Anyiin and Tom-Ataan communities, Mbaya, Tombu in Buruku Local Government Area of Benue State. This is just as the Council Chairman, Godwin Iorsue, the Divisional Police Officer at Buruku, the Area Commander and other stakeholders in the area, on assessment tour of the communities, were ambushed and attacked by the herdsmen who had seized the area and sacked the inhabitants.

Vanguard gathered that the renewed crisis has created a huge refugee situation in the area with over 300 people displaced from the affected communities and scores injured in the bloody clash. A source from one of the affected communities disclosed that the Fulani invaders stormed the communities late Saturday night, shooting sporadically and burning down houses, huts, food barn, farmland and economic trees. The source said: “As I speak with you, fighting is still raging in the affected communities. Although I cannot give you a precise figure of the dead, about 10 have been killed, many are missing and many others sustained injures.”

Meanwhile, the Council Chairman, Mr. Godwin Iorsue, who spoke on phone, said that he had invited senior security officers to accompany him in assessing the situation, when they were ambushed and attacked by the herdsmen. Iorsue said: “It was only God that saved us. They were over 30 and well armed while we had only four armed police officers with us. Our cars were perforated with bullets.” When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent Moses Yamu, who confirmed the attack on the Council Chairman and his entourage, said no live was lost. Yamu said: “The people ran away from their communities in fear of a possible attack by Fulani herdsmen, but there were neither killing nor destruction of property in the area. “I can confirm that the DPO, the Area Commander, the Caretaker Council Chairman and selected stakeholders were attacked by suspected herdsmen when they visited to assess the situation in the area.” At press time, Vanguard gathered that fighting in the two communities was still raging..

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/10-killed-300-homeless-as-fulani-herdsmen-invade-benue-villages/

Photos from:

http://www.viviangist.com/graphic-photos-clash-between-fulani-herdsmen-and-tiv-people-in-benue-state-yesterday

2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Wadasco(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2016
After all the negotiations between them? this is serious

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by MKO4ever(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2016
Clash everywhere, thank God Lagos is not clashing with no one

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Wadasco(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2016
After all the negotiations between them? this is serious unfortunate
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by funnynation(m): 10:31am On Feb 07, 2016
Sai Baba! Change everywhere.. D oda old man dey abroad dey dance Efejoku while his Fulani boys dey cause havoc.. God dey!

Nairaland official comedian

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by spanishkid(m): 10:34am On Feb 07, 2016
The tiv people should start fighting back. The excesses of these fulani herdsmen is becoming too much.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Habakus: 10:38am On Feb 07, 2016
Fulanis and Tivs? They're brothers na... Nigerians should let them settle it themselves. Na family mata.

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by jordyspices: 10:45am On Feb 07, 2016
The man for the 2nd pix be like say him dey sleep dey blow whistle wif him mouth

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by spanishkid(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2016
Liberty90:

Why must they fight back? Can't we separate peacefully and stop all these nonsense and senseless deaths. Black people and how they reason. SMH
come shut up your mouth. Don't bring your land grabbing scheme here. Tiv people should defend themselves.

29 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by drss(m): 10:49am On Feb 07, 2016
wat do u expect nigerians ar criminals - buari dullard.

9 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by sunnyb0b0(m): 10:50am On Feb 07, 2016
I wonder if Omenka is aware of this

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by DonBobes(m): 10:53am On Feb 07, 2016
Funny enof dey jst held a peaceful meeting at Akwanga Nassarawa state to end all hostilities amongst demselvs:fulanis in Jos, Benue, Kano etc and Biroms in plateau state, Tivs in Benue & wat hv u. Now dey jst came bk & started killing demselvs again! Nawao for dis pple o, whoever started d fight Shuld b made to face d consequences! I thot dey wuld hv peace after d peace meeting!
Smh

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by spanishkid(m): 10:55am On Feb 07, 2016
Liberty90:

Get out from this thread...slowpoke.

too late for chest beating.

6 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by whirlwind7(m): 11:09am On Feb 07, 2016
omenka:
Mynd44, I hope you are seeing this. After attacking me for saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that concerns her on the other thread, here she comes again. If you people would oblige me the chance to settle whatever beef I have with this member (which I don't know about) without having to ban me, please do let me know, otherwise I'd request the full enforcement of Rule 2 here.
I have decided to remain largely inactive in the past couple of weeks because of disrespect from members like this. These are folks that can't (and I say that with all sense of sincerity) come nowhere close to where I stand in the outside world yet insult me at every turn for the misfortune of sharing a common social media platform with them.
I'm certainly not a social misfit not a deviant, I was brought up much better than that. If some people were not privileged to be raised under proper parentage, they should be made to channel their frustrations at those responsible for their sordid upbringing and not me.
Thanks.

Peace, brother. Perhaps she is just acting as her moniker suggests.
The problem with us Nigerians is we'd rather confront ourselves, instead of the government who doesn't care a hoot if we all survive or perish.

With the amount of death and destruction Fulani herdsmen had caused, you'd think the government would have put stringent measures in place to check their activities. More than 40 decades with thousands dead across the central and southern parts of Nigeria, yet till this day, it is treated as a none issue.

What would happen if affected states decide to totally shut down every economic activities for a few days or weeks, to press for reforms? Haven't we had enough of these killings?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by sirade(m): 11:23am On Feb 07, 2016
I understand your pain my dear. But the truth be told Idoma and Tiv nation should find a way to settle this fulani babaric action to prevent future re occurance.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by MansaMoussa: 11:57am On Feb 07, 2016
The Idomas have their problems-the Agatu front..same as the Egede, Jukun, Berom,Angas etc fighting fulani in the longest attrition war in Africa.
Other Idomas, say Agatus are troublesome, Tivs say their warring brothers are quarrelsome..Not until a Tiv Is a Tiv and a Berom a Berom, a Landowner is a Landowner and a Herdsman viewed As an Enemy of all will this systematic genocide end.
I have shouted myself hoarse with different monikers to highlight this fact, but no one takes me seriously.
I expected a Militant group to have sprung up vowing to protect the interest of the Christian Middlebelt by FORCE (eg OPC, MASSOB, IPOB, MEND,Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah, etc), but the closest they have come cheap is Ombatse, which was neutralised by their enemies.
I do not wish to provoke hatred or incite, but the truth about Nigeria is that "whoever barks loudest, gets heard"
It's all about Igbo now because Ipob is barking...it was once MEND, OPC etc
When will the MB have an Asari, Tompolo,Gani Adams, Kanu, etc?
Ever since Gideon Orkar died, e be like say dem use jazz subjugate their youths..kai!

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by xmich(m): 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Gowon must be blamed for this. embarassed embarassed cry cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Emekamex(m): 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
Fulani herdsmen clashes is another important issue to be looked into after Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by DaBullIT(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
How many don murd ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by AkProsper(m): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
May God help Us
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by viviangist2: 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
cC; Lalasticlala
Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
MKO4ever:
Clash everywhere, thank God Lagos is not clashing with no one

Some people from the erosion ravaged land are trying their best to create such

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by MagicBishop: 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
ZombieNation:
The Christians in the north east who are facing the full brunt of Boko Haram and whose suffering is a mere "embarrassment " to Buhari's gov and claims of technical victory, deserve refuge in a foreign country since Buhari is not ready, willing or capable of protecting them.

The entire Christians in Chibok whose sufferings and pleas for help in reuniting with their lost daughters deserve asylum in a country that will protect them.

The Christians in the middle belt facing daily attacks by Fulani muslims deserve asylum from Buhari's kins men.

Dr. John Dan Fulani qualifies for asylum for being persecuted in a criminal case over statements he posted on social media condemning Buhari's blind fanatic supporters.

The Shiite population who are hounded and massacred by the Nigeria govt over their religious persuasion need to seek refuge in a country that will guarantee their freedom to practice and observe their religion without fear of discrimination and persecution.

The pro Biafran separatists whose rights to peaceful agitation is guaranteed by a UN resolution deserves asylum from Buhari's cold blooded murderous regime.

Political opponents and critics of Buhari's tyrannical and despotic regime are qualified to apply for asylum in the light of Buhari's tyranny.

Niger Delta resource activists protesting the unfair exploitation of their resources at the expense of their environment need seek asylum from Buhari's tyranny for fear that they will be labelled criminals and their communities pillaged by the Nigeria security forces on the orders of the despot himself are qualified to seek asylum from the tyrant.

So Buhari, we all qualify for asylum from your tyranny.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by MagicBishop: 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
kaakulator4:

Some people from the erosion ravaged land are trying their best to create such

When the jihad reach your region you will beg for Biafrans to come to your rescue

22 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen And Tiv People Clash In Benue State (Graphic Photos) by Kyase(m): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Which kind lie be this?
I'm presently in Benue and nothing is like that is happening in buruku

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari Cantonment Giri, Abuja Commissioned By Army (Photos) / Aisha Yesufu Shows Amazing Dance Skills (Photo, Video) / Kano Explosion: 9 Bodies Recovered From The Rubble Of Collapsed Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.